Found Kitchen and Social House
1631 Chicago Ave
Evanston, IL 60201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Found Kitchen and Social House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.foundkitchen.com/
- Phone: (847) 868-8945
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm.
Easter Sunday Supper 11am-4:30pm
Mother's Day Supper 12pm-5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Nicole Pederson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Salon Privé is a hidden gem, morphing seamlessly between a salon-style set up with sofas and cocktail tables perfect for a cool cocktail party to a spectacular yet sophisticated room for a sit-down dinner.
The room is inspired by the salons of yester-year that one may have found in 1920’s Paris. Similar to our restaurant’s lounge and dining room, the space includes many vintage “finds” curated by owner Amy Morton and is enhanced with a flood of candlelight during evening events. This completely private room is perfect for a reception or seated, family style dinner for up to 50 guests.
The Salon Privé is available for daytime and evening events and simply requires a food and beverage minimum plus room fee dependent on your desired date and time.
- Private Party Contact: Kara Sherman 8478688945x
- Cross Street: Church
- Public Transit: We are located 4 blocks from the Davis/Evanston METRA Stop and the CTA Davis Purple line stop.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking is available after 5pm for $7. Street Parking is available as well as garage parking located at the corner of Church and Chicago.
A word from Found Kitchen and Social House
Found kitchen and social house is all about local. The Michelin Bib Gourmand-rated gathering spot is known for its flavorful and eclectic fare. The food is perfectly matched with the spirited atmosphere imagined by Proprietor Amy Morton, inspired by Bohemian Paris in the 1920s and icons of the Beat Generation. Chef Nicole Pederson's seasonal, rustic new American cooking quickly became the talk of the town since opening in November of 2012 and her flavorful plates continue to wow guests. The lauded restaurant celebrates the nature of discovery in every aspect of the restaurant, from using found objects in the décor to sourcing products from lesser-known local purveyors. Found’s flexitarian menu reflects the new American palate and its shared plates style accommodates vegans, meat lovers, and everyone in between.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Found Kitchen and Social House - Best Restaurants in Evanston ›
Found Kitchen and Social House reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (151)neighborhood gem (121)hot spot (79)special occasion (65)good for groups (50)great for lunch (50)romantic (46)great for outdoor dining (36)vibrant bar scene (32)great for brunch (14)notable wine list (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/22/2014The restaurant is small plates. The waiter assured us that he would time the arrival of the food so that we would enjoy our meal. The waiter was distracted by a larger table and pretty much screwed up our entire dinner. Drinks were wrong. Food came out eratically and we sat for over an hour while we waited for our last dish and finally gave up. Very disappointing. When we complained to the hostess all we got was I am sorry. Will not return!!!
- Great ambience, great for heavy apps, drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014I've been here twice, the first time was better than the first. The lamb meatballs, spaghetti squash bolognese, mozzarella salad and flatbreads are amazing. Pork chop-not so much (yuck! Tough, tough, tough)! The ambience is great, funky, relaxed. Servers are friendly and helpful. We will go back, but will stick with the apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclective and fun for groupsmargdouglasDined on 11/21/2014We came with a group of 6 and enjoyed 6-7 small plats, a flatbread and their pork. Everything was delicious but the pork chop was particularly noteworthy. It's listed as an entree but served in slices so easy to share. Very moist and flavorful which can be tricky with pork. Our kids loved the lamb meatballs, the arugula flatbread and the frites with homemade ketchup. Spicy sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts were better for the adults. Although it looks small from the street, the restaurant is spacious with eclectic finds for furniture, lighting and artwork. A very fun space for dinner before a show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended.LisaVIPDined on 11/20/2014Outstanding food and amazing service. The wait staff is so personable you handily know they are serving you. They are so concerned that you are happy with your food choices that they present themselves more as a friend. The room itself is beautiful. The kind of space that you are torn between actually eating or just whipping out a great book and bunkering down for a relaxing evening (which they would probably allow!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting conceptJanetBVIPDined on 11/18/2014While the food was interesting and I liked the idea of small plates, the menu was very limiting for someone who is gluten and/or lactose free. The idea behind using various antique tables and chairs made for an interesting look but was awkward when trying to accomodate a group larger than 4. I don't think I'll rush back.
- Consistently Terrific!WindyCityGalDined on 11/18/2014So glad to have Found In Evanston. The food is interesting and always delicious and the service is outstanding with just the right blend of efficiency and quirkiness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four Greats!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Great food, great service, great space, great drinks and easy parking! We're going back in December, this time with friends-the best accolade a restaurant could want! So go and enjoy and see if I'm, right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sharing is Expected at Found!TSC70Dined on 11/15/2014Found is the perfect spot for a lunch with variety and surprises: from the flavors in the flatbreads and harissa spiced roasted vegetables to the intriguing, delightful, funky decor, there is literally something for everyone to find at Found. The room was warm and inviting on a chilly day, we had a great seat in the center of things, so our view was as eclectic and delicious as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy but priceyNanzooVIPDined on 11/14/2014Came here with 5 friends. We loved the bolognese spaghetti squash, the lamb meatballs, cheeses, and Brussels sprouts. The wine was excellent and the service was fantastic. I could see how some think it is pricey for the suburbs, but i enjoy having this in the suburbsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found is fun!HungryMungryDined on 11/13/2014Eclectic food, attentive service, fun atmosphere. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Too Full of ItselfLaTableSirVIPDined on 11/11/2014The food is very good, but not great. The decor cluttered, but not comfortable. The staff attentive, but not caring. The menu creative, but confusing. All in all, a place worth going to, but not one I'm overly eager to revisit.Special Features:
- Yummy polentaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Don't miss the polenta. The cocktails are great and the beer list looks enticing as well Thought the soup was a tad thick.Special Features:
- Found once but not twiceSunnyDined on 11/8/2014Found was good - but for the price, one time visit for dinner. Think going for dessert and drinks would be better as they do have a very cool cocktail menu and unique blends in their cocktails that are worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieVIPDined on 11/8/2014Very trendy. Some tables have low couches for seats. Food was hit or miss. Quinoa salad was good
- A great experienceculinarycritic123Dined on 11/8/2014a really welcoming atmosphere with interesting décor and a nice set up. The food was fantastic! We tried 4 dishes and all of them were exceptional. The seasonal ingredients were really fresh and the flavor combos were great. I would recommend this place to anyone and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!madeinargentinaDined on 11/8/2014We've been going to Found for dinner for a while. We had lunch for the first time and had an equably enjoying experience.Special Features:
- Terrific as AlwaysWindyCityGalDined on 11/6/2014Great food, terrific service, unique and comfortable atmosphere....Found never fails to be an amazing experience.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 11/5/2014Good local ingredients and very attentive servers. Nice ambiance with a good relax setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- some highs and lowsoccasionaldinerDined on 11/4/2014quality of beverages very good - we tried the punch of the day and wine - all good. Had a teenager with us. The frites and flatbread was excellent. The cookie plate and cheese plate were excellent. The main dish - pork - was OK, but not great, although the root vegetables accompanying were excellent. The small plates we had - quinoa salad, bolognese spaghetti squash were good, not great. Service was very informative and had pretty good pace.
- Nothing found!DinnerDuoVIPDined on 11/2/2014Very pricey and not worth it. The mozzarella cheese was horrible. Salads were drenched in oil. Everything was family style which we did not like. Our waiter was not friendly. We also had a guest with Celiacs. They told us ahead of time what was gluten free. When the dish arrived our guest asked to make sure it was GF, the waiter said it is 100% GF with a hint of gluten in the soy sauce! (Clearly, not Gluten Free) Surprising that such a health conscience restaurant does not offer more GF choices and Vegan dishes. Very disappointing, could not "find" anything that we liked.
- Found is a winner!micjDined on 11/1/2014We've been to Found 2 times now and it has not disappointed on either occasion. The food, focused on small plates, is creative and well executed. The service is top notch. And my favorite...the cocktails...are outstanding. What more can I say, this is just one of those places you should try.Special Features:
- Evanston dinerEvanstondinerDined on 10/30/2014Wonderful experience. Great food. Good service. Even turned the music down some when we asked. : )Special Features:
- DeedeeVIPDined on 10/30/2014Hi: My friend took me there for lunch for my birthday, it was nothing special, they were already out of what we wanted at 12:30 in the afternoon, a hamburger which is surprising as it was not that busy and the quiche. I decided to have the french dip sandwich really not that great either, we were so disappointed as we had heard the food was so good, so we will not be going back, maybe it is better for dinner..Special Features:
- FoundOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2014Very nice, friendly ambience and service with delicious food. Every dish on the small menu seems freshly prepared; I especially recommend the quiche (available for lunch).Special Features:
- RickVIPDined on 10/26/2014It was great, as always! Always enjoy the daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EvanstonJimADined on 10/24/2014Great food and service. A little pretentious but the food and drinks make up for it. Room is filled with every trendy knick knack and servers a bit too hip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found is a treasure.MmeXDined on 10/23/2014We would be lost without you! It is such a pleasure to be inside or out enjoying your wonderful seasonal offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner ExperienceNickSDined on 10/22/2014The food is the star, with many unusual combinations, a wide variety, and excellent gluten-free options. The ambience is very open and warm, almost clubby, and an excellent match for the Northwestern University crowd that frequents the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found finds its legsdanboyVIPDined on 10/19/2014all restaurants go through an early stage of getting organized and finding its identity. Found has found itself. Food is great, unusual combinations with a nice blend of the comforts of dairy and the sharper tastes of vegetables and pickled varieties. I was very impressed, especially sitting the rear of the restaurant where it is quieter and fewer people scurrying around. BRAVOSpecial Features:
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Our most recent visit to Found was excellent. Our entire meal was wonderful -- especially the polenta dish.Special Features:
- Great food and service!NUGradDined on 10/18/2014Highly recommend Found! Only one thing-- one of my friends was disappointed they did not have a sugar subsitute such as Truvia... but that may not be in keeping with their philosophy.Special Features:
- Charge for bread and refills????JulieVIPDined on 10/18/2014I had lunch here with a friend, and I was sorry I chose "Found". They said portions were "sharable", which really weren't. They were small by anyone's standards. But what really miffed us was the $4.00 charge for bread. Really? You can't afford to provide bread with those small portions??? They served a small pot of coffe for two of us, which provided 1 1/2 cups of coffee per person. When we asked for refills, we were told we would have to buy another pot. This was the last draw. We will not return. I live on the north shore, and there are numerous nice restaurants that don't take advantage of their diners as "Found" did. Bread and coffee refills are always provided gratis.Special Features:
- Reliably wonderfulChuckWVIPDined on 10/16/2014Found Kitchen hits all the right hipster notes. Love the flabreads, brussels sprouts, and wondrous glazed chicken wings. Terrific peach-caramel sundae for dessert.Special Features:
- Healthy can be deliciousvegeaterDined on 10/15/2014This was my first time to Found and it's now on my favorites list. The decor is different & interesting. Ambiance laid back, very comfortable. I am vegan and there are several great selections on the menu. Other plates can be made vegan by eliminating the cheese. The small plate quinoa/arugala & kale salads were delicious. I particularly enjoyed the squash and brussel sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE FOUNDAnnieDined on 10/15/2014Found's decor and ambience is inviting and fun. We sat in my favorite spot....two tall upholstered chairs. Lunch has a nice quiet vibe. Our waiter was friendly and did not rush us. We shared the amazing kale salad and each had a the daily soup special. I really like that you can make a reservation. I will return.Special Features:
- Lovely Sunday celebrationCarrieVIPDined on 10/12/2014Planned a night out with our adult kids to celebrate my husbands birthday. Evanston is always a good halfway destination for all of us. Found is energetic, even early on a Sunday. Good is savory, not overly fussy and delicious. Like having choices - we like the sharing concept but if that's not for you there are full dinners. We chose to share the lamb meatballs, a cheese platter, a kale salad, a sea bass special and the steak. Plenty for the 4 of us. Our waiter Nick was extremely helpful answering our questions. With dessert we ordered the Madeira flight - comes in vintage glasses of different sizes and heights. Just lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/11/2014went after movies for 9pm resv ... the wait staff was super grumpy all-around ... bartender was very disinterested ... our waiter barely paid attention to us ... food was good
- Amy's got it rightgenesDined on 10/11/2014The food is both interesting and very well prepared. The service can be a little slow, but if you bring it to the staff's attention, they can pick it up if that's what you want. They're very professional! On the other hand, if you want to hang out for a leisurely meal, this is the place.Special Features:
- Eclectic and funJTF19VIPDined on 10/9/2014This restaurant attracts a wide range of patrons who enjoy it's creative menu and unique surroundings. It's fun to order with a group and try different creative menu items. It has a downtown vibe located in the suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare findrouquinneDined on 10/7/2014Sometimes food delights the palate, sometimes it engages the mind, sometimes it just fills the tummy. But if you're interested in cuisine that does all of that and also nourishes the soul, you've found it here. It takes a certain stillness to hear love speak through food, but even amidst the congenial din at Found, it came through in resonance. The message felt here: affirmation of the dignity of local farmers and cheesemakers, reverence for seasons and their abundance, ingenuity in ingredient combinations, humility towards the process of creation, respect for the thoughtful, sincere diner. It's not so much rustic as real. Exceptional service, cozy but lively atmosphere, memorable, soul-filling food. Highest recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.