Keswick Hall at Monticello
701 Club Drive
Keswick, VA 22947Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.keswick.com/
- Phone: 4349793440x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dean Maupin
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Fossett's Restaurant is an elegant venue with incredible views, impeccable service and delicious menu options. Reserve Fossett's Restaurant for a private luncheon Monday through Saturday. For dinner, the Restaurant can accommodate parties of up to 10 guests, however this is not a private option.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Meynig 4349234346x
A word from Fossett's
Floor to ceiling windows provide a stunning setting in which to enjoy the trademark cuisine of Chef Arron Cross. Fossett's contemporary and innovative fare is based on traditional regional dishes with the focus on fresh, local ingredients. The new décor creates an elegant yet informal ambiance for everyone to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Fossett's - Best Restaurants in Charlottesville ›
Fossett's reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (47)special occasion (42)romantic (39)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (24)great for outdoor dining (16)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Worth Another Visit!celebratorsDined on 10/19/2014This is the second time my wife and I visited Fossett's for brunch. Our first experience was back in May 2014 for our 12 year anniversary. We ate out on the terrace. The food, service and ambiance was so great that we knew we had to come back. We live in the Richmond area but decided that the trip back was well worth the short travel. Our second experience was almost as good as the first. This time we had our brunch inside of the dining room. The service was once again outstanding and the view great! The only thing that needed attention was that the carpet needed vaccum. The food tasted great, but could have been hotter. We are definetly going to return again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 10/12/2014Very pleasant evening with excellent food and serivce.
- Could be better.VirginiaLoverDined on 10/9/2014The ambiance, setting, and service were excellent. We arrived before sunset and enjoyed the beautiful view of the golf course. The background music set the perfect tone for an elegant room. Sadly the food was disappointing. The salad was overdressed and had a few roasted plums. The scallops tasted "old" and the cobbler was gummy and only slightly warmed. The foie gras and rabbit second courses were delicious. I'd think twice before returning because the food was the reason to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/28/2014Food was below average. Mussels and oysters were far from fresh and very tiny. Entres were small portions. Staff works hard but understaffed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Reeaxing atmosphere with excellent service and food and beautiful view.Special Features:
- Yearly jauntOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014It's simple really, there is no need to be verbose....for us, simply the best in Charlottesville and surrounding area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fossett'sFredDined on 9/24/2014Fossett's bar is a lovely location with outstanding ambiance open for lunch and serving a very nice buffet lunch. The bouillabaisse was outstanding. It was a most enjoyable occasion. We did not try Fossett's restaurant which is only open in the evening.Special Features:
- Excellent!MBLT1Dined on 8/30/2014Pricey but the food, the service and the ambiance was excellent. I would recommend Fossett's to anyone looking for a special dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere!AnonymousDined on 8/30/2014The service and food were both wonderful. Gave 4 stars for food only because my steak was a bit overcooked (I ordered rare and it came medium-medium rare). However the filet was seasoned beautifully. Husband ordered scallops, which were perfect, and the foie gras was very good as well. Great dining experience overall and would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Dining at Fossett's is always a special treat because they offer everything in the "outstanding" category. The view over the golf course and foothills adds another outstanding dimension to the experience. We can recommend the food and the service to anyone without hesitation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent view and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The restaurant is located on the back side of Keswick Hall, the views are spectacular, and the service is detailed and unrushed. The food was pricey but well prepared; most was from local providers. Fossett's is perfect for a romantic get away or quiet dinner celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great staff, setting, and food.MBnJBDined on 8/20/2014Staff was wonderful and friendly. Beautiful view of the Keswick grounds. And the food was unique and flavorful.Special Features:
- Fosset'sEloiseDined on 8/6/2014We had an exceptionally nice evening. The wine list was impressive. The view is superb. Our waiter, Bradley, was friendly attentive, helpful and interested in us. I had the crab cakes my husband the filet. The first course tomato salad was divine, heirloom tomatoes and watercress. The chocolate cake was divine. Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014My wife has been wanting go here for over two years since we moved here basically. Her birthday was coming so I made reservations to eat at Fossett's. I didn't know at the time that Fossett's was closed on Monday and Tuesday but the Villa Crawford was open. The menu is the same for both areas and I assume the chefs are as well. The food was good, I highly recommend the rabbit. The view of the golf course was great and very scenic on a cool July night. Service was all right, nothing spectacular for the type of restaurant it is. Be prepared to open your wallet wide and deep, it is going to cost you plenty. The only bad point and the show stopper was the extra protein my wife found in/on her salmon.Special Features:
- Great restaurant weekbostonfoodieDined on 7/26/2014We have been dining in Charlottesville for a few years during restaurant week. This was our second visit to Fossetts and if anything it was better than the first. Our service was excellent; helpful when asked but gave room when we were enjoying the food. We were especially pleased with the food portions and quality given it was a restaurant week. Excellent time and well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Celebrated anniversary...staff was wonderful and very attentive..great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bettyeeatsoutbettyeeatsoutDined on 7/25/2014This is the best place I have been to since moving to Charlottesville It is a beautiful place with impeccable service and wonderful food. We tried it during Restaurant Week but will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LakeMonticello3LakeMonticello3Dined on 7/25/2014This restaurant, by far, has to be one of the best that my wife and I have been to in a long time. The meal was impeccable, the ambiance was stunning and the staff was outstanding.Special Features:
- Food and staff outstanding!!Fun4twoDined on 7/24/2014This was my first time there and it was my 16th anniversary. The staff and food were outstanding! Thank you! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealPeterVIPDined on 7/24/2014We visited during restaurant week, so the menu was limited. But everything we had, which included 2 of 3 appetizers and 2 of 3 entrees (filet and salmon), were excellent. We would clearly consider returning to experience the normal menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, as always!JillybeanDined on 7/23/2014Fossett's never disappoints! Amazing food, impecible service and just a wonderful place to have a great night out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine food pairingrcsaysDined on 7/20/2014My wife and both opted to have the sommelier pair glasses of wine with our food choices. All three of mine were superb. Totally spot on! The three pairings that my wife had were not quite as good as mine, but the food itself was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ASyaDined on 7/20/2014We ate at Fossett's during Charlottesville Restaurant week. The food offered during restaurant week was good. The place itself is beautiful and a view from the huge window is breathtaking! Service was excellent. This is a perfect place for an elegant romantic dinner.Special Features:
- jbp1VIPDined on 7/20/2014Fossett's at Keswick Hall is a gorgeous hotel in the beautiful Charlottesville countryside. The food was very good but the service was truly terrible -- I reported the problems to the manager. Clearly, training is inadequate; there were multiple problems; the servers were simply inept. For a hotel of this quality, it was inexcusable.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpheliaDined on 7/19/2014Delicious dinner at July 2014 restaurant week at Fossett's. There's a beautiful view of the golf course and mountains, the food is great, and the service is excellent. My only minor complaint is that the rabbit appetizer seemed more suited to winter, as it was a hearty stew type dish, but the salmon and dessert was great!Special Features:
- cvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014The atmosphere was great. We have been many times in the past and the food was fantastic. This time the food was barely average. Hopefully the reflection of an off night and not due to the change in ownership. I will give it one more chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in Most RespectsAllanSVIPDined on 7/9/2014With its beautiful setting and superb service, this restaurant could be a real winner. Unfortunately, a main course of bison ribeye was partially inedible: raw instead of medium rare, gristly and covered with a tasteless glob of crabmeat. Since everything else was very good, this failure seemed especially shocking and seriously marred the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NordstradamusDined on 6/28/2014The views from the outdoor terrace were spectacular and the food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay At Inn, Eat at FossetsDrOniDined on 6/27/2014You may think that the Keswick dining staff feels they need not perform to a captive audience. We found just the opposite. The food was great, including 3 different entrees, appetizers, and even dessert. Crab cakes were very tasty, lightly fried artichokes were perfectly prepared, and the cherry cobbler with fennel ice cream was amazing. Great work Kesswick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 544 reviews are from the Fossett's reviews archive.
- lobmanVIPDined on 6/14/2014nice location, excellent service but menu is very limited and food was disappointing....very average or below, a shame given the potential of the location. Many other much better restaurants in the Charlottesville area to consider.Special Features:
- Dinner with a spectacular view!MiMoDined on 6/8/2014My husband and I enjoyed a lovely dinner: mushroom nage and foie gras starters followed by bison ribeye and angus filet entrees. Both came with vegetables but we also shared a cauliflower gratin side. The food was delicious, the service attentive, and the view of the golf course/rolling hills of Piedmont Virginia spectacular. We skipped dessert in favor of brandy and port on the terrace bar at sunset. Pricey but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The flies!uvabudDined on 6/8/2014Went for a Sunday dinner. The food was plain, undercooked, and overpriced. The service was friendly and casual as were many of the diners. This is definitely not a shirt and tie establishment. Flies were a problem, landing on the food and back-stroking in the wine. I see no reason to return when there are better restaurants in Charlottesville.Special Features:
- ljonesDined on 6/7/2014Everything about Fossett's is consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- A beautiful mealMoreSaltPleaseDined on 5/25/2014Lovely terrace, fantastic food and remarkable service. Looking forward to coming back again soon.Special Features:
- Amazing!OctaveDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful view of the golf course at sunset. Excellent service! Great menu! Unbelievable food and attention to detail. Had a wonderful experience and would love to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check for weddings before goingalwayshungryDined on 5/24/2014Our group of 7 went to the bar for a cocktail, 45 minutes ahead of our 6:45pm reservation.It took 30 minutes to be served, the waiter argued that the champagne two of us ordered was not flat.It was in fact flat, time was fleeting, we drank it anyway.At dinner, our waiter only took a partial drink order, serving 3 of us a bottle of champagne, never asking the others for their order. This caused a delay and upset.Service was extremely slow, most likely due to a wedding nearby.We waited 45 minutes for our first course, another hour for our entree, way too long for the elderly folks in our group. Crabcakes small, good flavor, Pork Loin tough.Appetizers bland.A special occassion marred by slow service, a wedding, and incompetence. Disappointing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Service was extremely slow. We were the second group in the dining room? What could have been so slow? Our waiter was great, and very apologetic. He comped our drinks which was nice. Medium rare cooked angus beef was more like rare. Fantastic view overlooking the golf course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/20/2014On our first visit to Fossett's, we were most impressed! The restaurant is beautiful, and at 6:00, their earliest seating, it was quiet and serene, perfect for our 96-year-old mother. Our waiter recommended a New Zealand white wine that proved to be excellent. The homemade bread was to die for. We highly recommend the mixed greens salad, with its delicate dressing fragrant with herbs. We each had different entrees - chicken, beef filet, salmon, and flounder - and were thrilled with our choices. Portions were modest but not skimpy, leaving us satisfied but not overfilled and with plenty of room for dessert. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Fine dining in beautiful settingLuv1fossettDined on 5/19/2014This was our third visit to Fossett's in the beautiful Keswick Hall Inn. The food and service never disappoint. A wonderful selection of wines. The bar at the hotel was really hopping the night we were there, able to sit outside before dinner on veranda and soak up the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingrandjDined on 5/17/2014Our reservation during UVA's graduation weekend was for a Saturday lunch at Fosset's. However, when we arrived at Keswick Hall, the lobby hostess was "standoffish" and acted as if we were in the wrong place. We were directed to Villa Crawford and was seated in a corner near the door. Instead of a panoramic view, my family had a constant view of pool attire clad guests. The food was mediocre at best. We asked for a basket of bread with our meal and never received it. It was not the memorable experience that I attended to give my graduating son.