755 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.forumboston.com/
- Phone: (857) 991-1831
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner offered daily from 5pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Our Private Room accomodates up to 25 guests and features a 110" high definition projection screen with Ipad control and multimedia input.
- Special Events: For private events, please contact email@example.com, or visit the Open Table Private Dining feature on opentable.com.
A word from Forum
Located in the heart of the Back Bay, FORUM Bar & Restaurant boasts two distinct floors, two bars, a cafe space with outdoor patio, and a 1300 bottle wine cellar. On the first floor, guests are invited to socialize around front bar, featuring a selection of seasonal signature cocktails, house infused vodkas, glycol-cooled beer drafts and our exquisite selection of bar bites. Our seasonal patio offer alfresco dining in a casual setting. Upstairs, our intimate martini bar provides a private ambiance. Our dining room is elegantly appointed, designed to provide a romantic atmosphere. The dining room offers unobstructed views of glitzy Boylston Street and provides several options for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Forum reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)fit for foodies (17)romantic (13)special occasion (13)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (9)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (6)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great find. Highly recommendedMarkVIPDined on 11/22/2014This was a great find for us. We often try to find different places to eat and they are hit or miss. This was definitely a hit. The view was great as we were able to get a window seat. The food and service was outstanding. I had the lamb chops which were tender and flavorful. The rest of the group had seafood. One was scallops, one was swordfish and the last one was halibut. Fortunately they all let me have a bite and it was equally as good as my lamb chops. The service staff was attentive without being bothersome. Definitley a place to go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choice!ShannonDined on 11/22/2014I returned to Forum on Saturday night and brought my girlfriend and two friends along with me this time. It was PHENOMENAL. The wait staff was extremely professional yet fun and down to earth. The service was perfect, they didn't disappear but they also did not hover around. It wasn't noisy, which I find to be a huge issue at a lot of Boston restaurants, whether it's bad acoustics or overcrowded dining spaces -- we didn't have to yell to speak to each other, and after a long day it was nice to be in a really relaxing space to enjoy one another's company. The food --- OUTSTANDING. We all had different dishes, fish, red mean, pork, pasta... along with a number of apps, and there was not one bite left behind!!! We even ordered dessert to share which is not something any of us normally do but we just had to try it because everything else was excellent. We will absolutely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place to go if every place else is filled.BackBayRobDined on 11/22/2014Service is very weak. Be prepared to be ignored for long periods of time. If you love French fries, do not order them here. They do not serve pure French fries; instead they serve fries with a thick coating of some sort of crispy food additive. The burger was very thick and filling. My wife did like the salad. Do not order the tuna, it was bad. The beer list is interesting. So I guess that sums it up: this is a good place to go for beer and salad.
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014very pleased with the atmosphere and food, great for datesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceFinnickyeaterDined on 11/4/2014Our waiter was one of the best I've ever had. He did everything to go above and beyond without being asked. They brought the wrong salad to one of my colleagues who didn't say anything until afterwards. He brought out the correct one immediately. He was friendly, great sense of humor. My only complaint was that there was an item on the menu that they no longer served. That always irks me, especially if that is the one thing that caught your eye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014I took a girl I have been seeing on our second date we had a great night, the restaurant was pretty empty for a rainy Saturday night but we had a great time and a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great date night!LisaDined on 10/25/2014Forum was recommended to us, and since my fiance and I are weekend-foodies, we've had this restaurant on our to-do list for awhile. Overall we had a very lovely evening and would definitely go back! Our server Jose was fabulous. The cocktail menu is great, and Jose helped me to choose a fantastic cocktail that was perfect for my taste - so I got to try something new without being sorry for it :). Our meals were filling and good, and I thought the menu options were great - lots of protein, variety, and a little flair in every offering. Thank you!Special Features:
- Really, BostonDinoVIPDined on 10/20/2014Really, Boston, this is what you call a four star restaurant? Medicore food, at best, uncomfortable bar-stlye seating (at least where they sat us - downstrairs near kitchen door) with spot lights shinning in our eyes, and a clueless wait staff that was slow to bring things but much too fast to take them away. At one point, the busser took my wife's bread dish and knife away while she still had bread in her hand.Special Features:
- Trying, but not quite making itbackbayfoodie2VIPDined on 10/20/2014Our waiter tried very hard to please. But it was difficult since the restaurant was understaffed. One recurring annoyance: they (apparently) run out of the wines on their list frequently, so our waiter suggested we make a couple choices. Each bottle of white wine was too warm for everyone at our table. We were told they like to keep them not-too-cold and chill them if a diner requests it. The food was good, but not great. I wanted to really like it, since it is so close to my home. But with so many other better options in Boston, I doubt if we'll go back.
- Great gathering spotDiningwithfriendsDined on 10/18/2014We had a group of ten and wanted a city spot with great ambience and food. The Forum completely fit the bill. Food, atmosphere, service all great. So glad we went there over other spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I was there with a party of 8 for a special occasion. Although it was a weeknight they offered to sit us upstairs where we had the place to ourselves! The service at Forum was absolutely wonderful and everything that was ordered was delicious! Would absolutely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Relaxed DinnerloftyDined on 10/11/2014Decided to get dinner with two friends on a Saturday evening. We made a reservation and were seated promptly upstairs. When we arrived, the first floor bar area seemed relatively busy while the second floor was quiet, which made for a pleasant dining experience in which we could chat without yelling. Our server was very helpful and attentive. The chocolate chip cookie sundae was delicious :)Special Features:
- Maybe next time..OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Saturday, 9/27. Disappointed in the staff, service and then the food! Was unexpectedly moved from a great area view to a back table as close to the Kitchen as you can get. No explanation from the hostess as to why we were being moved. I refused her offer and kindly let her know if she could not honor are first seating then we would have to leave. I phoned the next day to inquire and spoke with the manager and again he could not give a clear explanation...after a few minutes he said the reason was "to not overwhelm the wait staff". Based on past reviews the food was not what we expected. No one at our table raved about their meal...we all felt it was just okay.
- AcadiaDined on 9/27/2014The food and wine were good and I liked the atmosphere. The only problem was the waiter forgot to put my order in and didn't realize until everyone else at the table was served. I didn't mind the people I was with starting to eat their meals (as I wouldn't want theirs to get cold) but when my meal did arrive I felt a bit rushed eating. This being said I would give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food; excellent serviceJoeMVIPDined on 8/30/2014Selected Forum as a result of reviews in Open Table. Food was very good, everyone enjoyed their meal. Casey took care of us at the table and provided excellent service and advice with dinner selections. Overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best part of the nightpaulineDined on 8/30/2014We went to Forum (4 women) prior to the Tom Petty concert in Fenway - perfect location for a meal prior to a show/game, etc. Took a pedi-cab from Forum to Fenway so not too far. The food and drink were fabulous - 4 different meals and 4 very pleased people - not an easy feat! large portions, friendly waiter, nice decor - overall, a great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Awesome food and a good location. I would go againSpecial Features:
- Delicious FoodHGC24VIPDined on 8/23/2014We dined here recently and loved it. The mussel appetizer was out of this world. The sauce was perfect. We had sauvignon blanc wine and that was very crisp and delicious. The steak, the risotto and everything was perfect. The atmosphere is beautiful also. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014We had a reservation for 8 people, it was a special occasion,we had tickets to the Red Sox game @ 1330, so we chose this restaurant for the location. They seemed uneasy when we arrived but had a table ready. One person in the group ordered hot tea with milk when we ordered drinks, it did not arrive with the other drinks, had to be requested a second time, and then the water was cold and they never brought the milk. When we spoke to the waitress she bristled and then said she was the only one server and there was a big party upstairs and she was really very busy. She could have said that in the beginning, it then could be our decision to stay or not. She could also not get 2 AMEX gift cards to work. Overall very disappointing.
- Ok food, price is highbeesVIPDined on 8/5/2014A bit overpriced but the portions were large and well prepared.Special Features:
- Wonderful TimeJohnVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful evening at Forum. It was a Saturday evening, we had just arrived at 5pm, reservations at 7pm. The place was not packed and there were plenty of tables, but we had a drink at the bar. The bartender was very nice, opened a new bottle of wine for us, and asked us to try it before we said yes. Dinner was equally as nice, the waiter was great. Food was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectations!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014The upstairs dining space is absolutely beautiful. We were seated promptly at a table overlooking Boylston Street and ordered a few cocktails to start. Both delicious. Our server was very knowledgeable about the food and described the Mussels and Halibut as two of his favorites. We ended up trying both and splitting the strip steak as well. We took our time and got a bottle of wine and never felt rushed. Great date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forum is a must!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/2/2014I recently came here for dinner on a first date! We arrived early so we decided to have drinks at the bar. Whenever I go out, I always love to try original cocktails- my mind was blown. Their version of a cosmo was outstanding. I also loved that I didnt notice I was waiting. Good music, great cocktails, and soon after a nice hostess sat us downstairs in a booth. Again, whenever I'm out, I always ask the waitress what their favorite item on the menu is. The lovely waitress suggested the halibut for me and scallops for my date. Perfect portions and beautiful dish. The waitress overheard us talking about it being our first date and bought us a dessert after the meal. Very attentive and thoughtful. Will be back again on a second date hopefully.Special Features:
- The following 301 reviews are from the Forum reviews archive.
- SweatboxDined on 7/28/2014Forum was a disappointing experience. The pictures on their website looked nothing like the actual restaurant. We asked to be seated outsider hen we made the reservation.. It was a warm summer evening in July in Boston. The website implied there was a garden out back. The outdoor seating was actually very cramped area on the sidewalk. The food was ok. The service was good, but then it started to rain half way through our meal and we had to move inside. We noticed that the other restaurants in the area had awnings , and were much more attractive to boot, so the patrons could stay outside. Inside the Forum restaurant there was poor lighting, no air conditioning, noisy.
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/28/2014I chose this restaurant because it had gotten good reviews. Initially we sat outside which was nice however there were some sprinkles and we moved inside. Inside was terribly muggy. They had to have fans on the floor and chairs I don't think they had an AC or the AC wasn't working. There was no apology or even acknowledgment of the heat. We were literally sweating sitting in the chairs and had to ask to have a fan pointed towards us. As far as the food, we started with the muscles which were actually the best thing that we had. I had the halibut which was dry and overcooked. My dates filet steak was overcooked as well. We ordered a nice bottle of red wine. However, it came out far too warm. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014Great location and service. Lamb chops were delicious. Pork chop was over cooked. Cookie/ice cream dessert was worth the 12 min wait!Special Features:
- Great experienceDiningoutVIPDined on 7/5/2014This evening I opted for something light and to try something new. The cheese and steak rolls were excellent, and the service was outstanding. The only problem I experienced was with the temperature, the air-conditioning is out in the entire building, which is rough on a hot summer day. Fortunately, the water was flowing and the staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid experienceDiningoutVIPDined on 7/2/2014After some difficulty with the hostess in ensuring I was seated only to learn my reservation was cancelled after being seated, the rest of the experience was very good except the fact there was no air-conditioning in the entire building. I had tried this venue on the previous day and had good results during a World Cup game. They kept the water and drinks flowing. I only hope their insurance covers a loss of business, should there be one during the oppressive heat. Everyone around me seemed to be enjoying their selections and mine was great, the fresh peach fried pie was outstanding. If you are seated at the bar be sure to ask for Jose, he is a great asset to the establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/20142 of us had 4 small plates + wine. All were delicious. Did not try a large plate, but, certainly looked very good, and other diners ate them w relish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MPOTVIPDined on 6/22/2014Fantastic food with friendly, attentive service as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/15/2014Went to Forum for Father's Day brunch and arrived 5 minutes early. The doors were locked and we were told they were still setting up. We were the first seated that day and when our food came it was all cold despite being the first meals served out of the kitchen. I got smoked salmon and eggs over potato pancakes which were mushy, cold and undercooked inside. We had to ask for ketchup and salt and pepper which took several minutes to arrive. As we were finishing brunch we saw all of the tables sat after us receiving beautiful complimentary pastry baskets which we were never offered. The location is great, the decor is gorgeous and I really want to see this place make it but they have to step up the service and food to compete in Back Bay.
- Delicious lamb!Jem06dVIPDined on 6/14/2014Wonderful restaurant that was a little less pricey than surround competitors. Lamb was absolutely excellent, short & sweet wine list, great portions of food!Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!!RandolphdadDined on 6/8/2014Beautiful decor, Wonderful Brunch both eggs and salads, Great Service and reasonableSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/1/2014We had a fairly large party and went for brunch. The food was good. It was not crowded, which was great. We had a very nice, large table. Our waiter was attentive, yet he also left us alone, which was a good thing. we really wanted to spend a lot of time talking, and we were able to! WE did not feel rushed to leave; just what we wanted!Special Features:
- Good Comfort FoodzuzuniDined on 5/30/2014Food was very good - we had a party of 8 and everyone was very happy with their meal. Service was very slow, and restaurant was not even half full. Will definitely go back, believe the service was a one-time fluke. The restaurant is beautiful, well laid out. The bars on both floors are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic serviceFatty12Dined on 5/23/2014Went here for a special dinner after my graduation. The service was FANTASTIC and the food was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mothers dayIndustryInsiderDined on 5/11/2014Food was very good, atmosphere was nice and unique. One of our parties food came later and the server was very quick to offer a complementary drink as an apology. We really appreciated that. Over all it was very nice. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and average foodBackBayNativeVIPDined on 5/10/2014I used to love Forum. I went back in December and had a mediocre lunch, including some steak and cheese spring-rolls that were far too deeply fried. We went again for dinner on Friday night. The food has gone way downhill - the mushroom gnocchi was flavorless (and covered in filler vegetables where it hadn't become soggy). The brick chicken was dry and overcooked. The halibut was bland. The scallops were ok, but and came out cold, as did the lobster chowder. The service was horrible - it took 10+ minutes to reheat the soup, and the waitress forgot my order entirely, brought the wrong thing, and never admitted it was a mistake (took another 10 minutes). "TGI Fridays at twice the price" according to one person in our party.
- Brunch and People WatchingLouvreloverDined on 5/10/2014Took some out of town friends to brunch on a Sarurday afternoon. First of all: How great to find someplace that does brunch on Sunday! It was a warm and sunny day, and we sat by the windows, which were open. It was pretty noisy, since we had the sights and sounds of Boylston Street on a Saturday afternoon, but we expected it and just spoke louder! I had am the house special omelette. It was very good, with roasted potatoes on the side. Others in my party had the chicken sandwich, pancakes, tomato soup with grilled cheese, and a salad with strawberries. All the food was tasty, beautifully served, and the portions were nice sized. Our server was attentive and happily adjusted a couple of modifications to our meal. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodluvstxVIPDined on 5/6/2014We met a friend who was visiting from out of town and staying at the Sheraton. I chose Forum as I wanted to give them support given all they suffered through during Marathon '13. It was a good choice. The hostess staff was very friendly and our waitress was very attentive. When we first arrived, there was a large group in the bar area and it was quite noisy so I was afraid we'd have trouble hearing each other. But once we got settled into our booth, I didn't notice the din. We liked our food but I have to say that I thought the halibut portion was very small. We would definitely go back.