755 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.forumboston.com/
- Phone: (857) 991-1831
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner offered daily from 5pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Our Private Room accomodates up to 25 guests and features a 110" high definition projection screen with Ipad control and multimedia input.
- Special Events: For private events, please contact email@example.com, or visit the Open Table Private Dining feature on opentable.com.
A word from Forum
Located in the heart of the Back Bay, FORUM Bar & Restaurant boasts two distinct floors, two bars, a cafe space with outdoor patio, and a 1300 bottle wine cellar. On the first floor, guests are invited to socialize around front bar, featuring a selection of seasonal signature cocktails, house infused vodkas, glycol-cooled beer drafts and our exquisite selection of bar bites. Our seasonal patio offer alfresco dining in a casual setting. Upstairs, our intimate martini bar provides a private ambiance. Our dining room is elegantly appointed, designed to provide a romantic atmosphere. The dining room offers unobstructed views of glitzy Boylston Street and provides several options for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Forum reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)fit for foodies (17)romantic (13)special occasion (13)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (9)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (6)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Three of us ordered the lobsterresrvationsVIPDined on 12/6/2011Three of us ordered the lobster gnocchi. It arrived looking dried out. When stirred up with the sauce under neath it the appearance was improved. I prefer light and airy pillowy gnocchi. Their version is very heavy and thick. None of the three of us were wild about the dish. The other two dinners were very happy with their meals (Fetuccini Bolongese & Wellington). The salads were very good. The cauliflower and chocolate soup was very unusual but it worked inspite of the odd combination. Desert menu is very different-with many vegetables included. None of which appealed enough to me to order. Nice tea box selection. Prices should be $$$$ not $$ as currently listed on Open TableSpecial Features:
- Thought the place was veryDelishDined on 12/2/2011Thought the place was very nice. The menu is a bit expensive with small to moderate portions, but the food is very good and the staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- I took a large group (10 ppl)OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2011I took a large group (10 ppl) here for a business dinner. The service was good, the food was fresh, unique and delicious and everyone enjoyed it! I recommended it to other at the conference the next day.Special Features:
- Over priced for the qualityMuttaVIPDined on 11/30/2011Over priced for the quality of the food. Beautiful room with great views of Boylston Street, but you receive better food and service at the places next door and across the street.
- Food was the only thing thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/27/2011Food was the only thing that was diappointing, great staff and service and a beautiful decor.
- Ambience was loungey, semi-formal,MinXVIPDined on 11/24/2011Ambience was loungey, semi-formal, modern, dimly lit and mostly comfortable. Only complaint was that it was a bit chilly, as if the a/c was on. Being there for Thanksgiving dinner, it would have been nice if it felt as cozy as it looked. The food was delicious, the "pumpkin 'pie'" dessert was a little odd, but tasty, and the coffee could have been better (our server did not offer coffee and after it was requested, he seemed to have forgotten about it as we had to request it twice), but overall, it was a satisfying meal and a very nice spot to dine.Special Features:
- Had Thanksgiving pre-fixedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2011Had Thanksgiving pre-fixed menu it was great value and great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Really Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011It was a memorable Thanksgiving Dinner! Great food, great atmosphere!Special Features:
- The menu is what got my attention.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/24/2011The menu is what got my attention. The food was fantastic and I think underrated. I didn't realize the restaurant was going to serve such gourmet fair and was pleasantly surprised. The server was attentive and friendly. I think Forum could have easily charged more for their Thanksgiving menu. I look forward to visiting them agan.Special Features:
- Looked nice upon our arrival,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/19/2011Looked nice upon our arrival, especially the bar. We sat there first for drinks, but even though there were only a few people at the bar at the time, it took a while for one of the 3 bartenders to finally get our order. And when she finally did, she got the drink order wrong (not sure how you confuse a beer with a glass of wine). The dining area was nice and the menu appeared good. But our server wasn't so good - first, another wrong drink, then he got one of our appetizers wrong and we had to wait for the right one to come. Then the cardinal sin - bringing the entree before we had finished the (late) appetizer. The food overall was average, with a couple of us more pleased than others. In general, just another mediocre Back Bay restaurant
- Went with friends for my girlfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2011Went with friends for my girlfriends 40th Birthday. I had a few special requests that were handled deftly, efficiently, & with discretion. Service was impeccable. Mangement, host staff, bartender & server all made us feel pampered & welcome. I was offered a tour of the wine room by one of the hostesses, all on her own accord. After 23 years in the Hospitality industry I can say with condfidence that the staff was on point with us. Food was outstanding & definitely the shining star of the evening. If I were to give any critisism, constructively, I suggest a quality rocks glass or tumbler for your cocktails. Using the smaller half of a shaker with a cardboard coozie feels cheap, you cant see your cocktail & the staff cant anticipate a refill.Special Features:
- My wife and I had dinner hereCityinNHVIPDined on 11/10/2011My wife and I had dinner here on Nov 10 and the food was wonderful and plenty of it. We both had pasta dishes and salads that were heaped on the plate. We shared a wonderful chocolate dessert and the wine choices were good. The service was outstanding. From the greeter to the manager everyone was very attentive and polite. We would go here again, a good choice when you are in the area.Special Features:
- Interesting delicious food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2011Interesting delicious food. Great service and easy location in Back Bay. Good business choice.Special Features:
- Unknown gem, not for long.GreginRIVIPDined on 11/4/2011Overall, a great dining experience for a group of 13 people. Loved the menu and a good wine selection at various prices. Staff was great, friendly and engaging.Special Features:
- Except for a litttle to muchJINXVIPDined on 10/28/2011Except for a litttle to much tarragon in the lobster rolls the food was very good with an excellent presentation. Service was attentive, prompt and very good. Price was right for the bistro menu.Special Features:
- Don't waste your money...BobibosVIPDined on 10/26/2011The tartare appetizer was ok, but for $18, the portions and the flavors were lacking. Bread basket had variety, but the bread was stale. Menu was limited and seemed like it was reaching, when you've got L'Espalier and Sel across the street if you want real French food/bistro fare. The Coq au Vin looked like a mole sauce rather than a wine sauce and the chicken looked like it had been sitting there for a week. It was SO dry, and SO many bones...it was as if they had scrounged up the last of what was left in the pot from the week-end. The sauce was utterly bland. Drinks were decent. They did a fantastic job with the old Vox space, but I wouldn't go back for the food. With great options on Boylston, not sure why anyone would go here.Special Features:
- Hosted an alumni group theretravellingpersonVIPDined on 10/24/2011Hosted an alumni group there for the first time-was not disappointed. Excellent menu and service. Great views and nice atmosphere inside.Special Features:
- Good restaurant. Server wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2011Good restaurant. Server was great and attentive. The width of the tables is very large so not great place to get cozy with a date. Would be better for groupsSpecial Features:
- Not bad at all - will go backOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/21/2011Not bad at all. The decor and layout of the space is a huge improvement from Vox Populi and I was a fan of Vox. I was in the mood for noodles so I ordered the fettuccine bolognese with braised short ribs. The dessert menu is definitely lacking... In short, the price is pretty typical for Boylston Street, great place to meet up for dinner and head downstairs for post-dinner drinks and the food isn't bad at all. I only gave ambiance a 3 as it was half empty in the dining area on a Friday night.Special Features:
- We went to Forum at a timeheatherDined on 10/16/2011We went to Forum at a time that was too late for lunch and too early for dinner. And we were the only ones in the dining room for the duration of our meal. The bread was delicious, with three different toppings (I love that!). And before our main course arrived, our super friendly waitress brought out two small salads. The cook was trying out a new salad and wanted us to try it. The waitstaff was attentive and again at the end of the meal, brought out four different bite size desserts for us to try. And they were all yummy!Special Features:
- The brunch here is very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2011The brunch here is very good and their customer service is wonderful. Kudos for turning the old Vox hotspot into something classy and grown up.Special Features:
- Excellent food, servers hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2011Excellent food, servers had some trouble with the new menu so service was quite slow but they were very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Great food!TastyDined on 10/15/2011Crazy good food, we were really blown away by everything we ordered (quite a variety since we had a party of 11). Really really tasty food.Special Features:
- I really loved this restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2011I really loved this restaurant, I attended with my social group and our experience was wonderful! And our waiter Ryan was the BEST !Special Features:
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2011I had high expectations after all the positive Yelp reviews but the food was bland. The meat and fish we ordered was cooked well by the vegetables were undercooked and the foie gras was inedible.
- Sophisticated and Classy New SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2011I met up with friends this past Friday for a late night dinner. The hostess was friendly and understanding that my party had not arrived yet. So I went to the bar to have a drink. This would be an elegant place to watch a game! The bar has a variety of fun and inventive cocktails available. They also have imported beers as well as wine. The dining room is upstairs and making it easier to have conversations. The food was excellent and there are some wonderful options between pastas, fish and meat dishes. I'm definitely planning to go back for dinner again with friends!Special Features:
- Great place but annoying serviceDaveyDined on 9/17/2011I really enjoyed the food and was very happy with the cocktail selection. All in all I can recommend the place. Unfortunately I am compelled to complain about my specific server (although I realize that it will not reflect most people's experience at Forum). I took a first date there and the date was going very well, but we kept being interrupted by our waiter. I could tolerate it before we ordered, but even after we had ordered there was far too many instances of checking how everything was. I think we counted 12 times that our conversation was cut off. Lastly, after a while of chatting we was asked to leave to make room for other guests. I found that to be incredibly rude.
- Steak tartar in great surroundingsdancedinerDined on 9/16/2011This is a really enjoyable restaurant with very friendly and helpful service, terrific food, beautifully presented in an upscale but inviting atmosphere. The steak tartar is sublime, very subtly flavored, topped with a quail egg - it's unbelievable. and I recommend it. The second time we went we sat upstairs in the main dining room and enjoyed the view of Boylston Street as well as the steak t., wonderful pasta, and the chocolate mousse, with a very nice, very reasonably priced malbec. It's a really good, solid place with interesting and moderately priced food, served by knowledgeable friendly staff who are willing to share their feelings about the menu. Great experience I plan to repeat.Special Features:
- We celebrated a family birthdaybostonmumDined on 9/11/2011We celebrated a family birthday at Forum. My 9-year-old daughter is a huge fan of Food Network and Ramsey, so she wanted to experience fine dining with us. My 80-year-old mother took one look at the stairs to the dining room and withered. The hostess immediately noticed and suggested we sit al fresco in the bar dining area with the same menu. It was beautiful and fun to people watch. The service was superb, and even though I wouldn't designate it "kid friendly", our server was very accomodating to our two children (9 & 12) and helped us in our mission of practicing manners with them! The scallops and steaks were to die for, and the wine was delish!Special Features:
- Tasty food but small portionsFoodieLilLadyVIPDined on 9/9/2011Tasty food but small portions as the emphasis is on the art/presentation of the dish. I just prefer more bang for my buck.Special Features:
- A place you have to try!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/9/2011Great new restaurant. First flloor level has vibrant bar and outdoor seating. Second floor is very elegant and also has a bar. It is quieter upstairs and great for a more intimate dinner.Also offers larger tables for big groups. The service was perfect. They were there when you needed them but did not rush you or hover. The food was great!!!! The bread was good especially the raisin bread with three different spreads. We had the most delicious caprese salad with heirloom tomatoes and fresh mazzarella. Our main courses were also perfect!!!! Lots of fresh ingrediants and lots of good choices.We skipped dessert but they gave us a plate of small cookies with the check. They were delicious!!!!Special Features:
- This was one of the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2011This was one of the worst dining experiences I've had. The food was OK, but the service was terrible. A fire alarm went off midway through the meal - the server halfheartedly apologized at the end but no manager came over (despite us being 1 of 2 customers there during the lunch "rush"). On the way out one of the firefighters apologized and said "They're taking care of your bill" but that was not the case - we were charged fully with not so much as a drink comp'd.
- Excellent service but we weresaggit3000Dined on 9/2/2011Excellent service but we were at the restaurant when it was not busy. We were actually a little surprised that it was not busy on a holiday weekend.Oysters were wonderful! Beet salad was quite nice. Nice choice for wines by the glass. Loved the fact that the coffee served at the end of the meal was in a cup that was substantial in size (I hate to keep bothering a server for more coffee). I was disappointed with the bread (I often judge a restaurant by the quality of the bread served)Special Features:
- So-soJudyVIPDined on 8/26/2011I had the scallops, which were very good, and my husband had the short ribs, which were a little disappointing, not as tender as they should have been. The "Sticky Date Cake", purported to be filled with dates and apricots-- was not sticky at all--it was a piece of rather dry, plain cake with no obvious dates or apricots and a little bit of caramel poured on the top, which the waiter told me was supposed to be the sticky part. It was OK, not bad, but we would not go back.
- I was there for the firstNankiVIPDined on 8/18/2011I was there for the first time Thursday for dinner...and am returning Sat for brunch...and will try their lunch next week. I'm sure I will be returning again and again.Special Features:
- I would definitely go backOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/6/2011I would definitely go back for drinks but not for dinner.Special Features:
- We loved the decor and configuratioOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/5/2011We loved the decor and configuration of the restaurant. We had a very professional waitress who had a good sense of humor. Food for the most part was good however, I had a steak that I asked to have cooked med no blood and it was way over cooked and was very tough. One of our group asked to have a dish changed from pasta to cous cous (which was on the menu) the chef refused to do it. I would wait a while to go back in the hopes that that it is just "new restaurant" problems.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time or moneyLives2eatVIPDined on 8/4/2011The food was okay, but not worth the price . We were visiting Boston for a long weekend and I booked this as it was close to the hotel and the reviews. I wish we had just returned to Atlantic FISH for dinner as well as lunch.
- The food was good but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2011The food was good but overpriced and portions were small. The upstairs dining room was nearly empty of diners but too many waitstaff hovered around. The downstairs bar was more lively with a good drink menu. Overall experience was fine but for those prices - and the amount of food you pay for - I'm not sure it will catch on.Special Features:
- Forum is certain to be a mostOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2011Forum is certain to be a most welcome addition to Boston's social scene. We were there for dinner, but with their lower level bar, intimate upstairs martini bar, and chic dining room, they offer a well rounded destination for an evening out. The staff is most hopsitable, the cocktails are delicious, the food sublime. I would recommend this venue for a fun evening out, a romantic dinner for two, or for the perfect spot to host a business dinner.Special Features: