755 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.forumboston.com/
- Phone: 8579911831x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner offered daily from 5pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Our Private Room accomodates up to 25 guests and features a 110" high definition projection screen with Ipad control and multimedia input.
- Special Events: For private events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Open Table Private Dining feature on opentable.com.
A word from Forum
Located in the heart of the Back Bay, FORUM Bar & Restaurant boasts two distinct floors, two bars, a cafe space with outdoor patio, and a 1300 bottle wine cellar. On the first floor, guests are invited to socialize around front bar, featuring a selection of seasonal signature cocktails, house infused vodkas, glycol-cooled beer drafts and our exquisite selection of bar bites. Our seasonal patio offer alfresco dining in a casual setting. Upstairs, our intimate martini bar provides a private ambiance. Our dining room is elegantly appointed, designed to provide a romantic atmosphere. The dining room offers unobstructed views of glitzy Boylston Street and provides several options for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Forum reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)special occasion (16)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (13)great for outdoor dining (13)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (10)late-night find (7)notable wine list (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Really, BostonDinoVIPDined on 10/20/2014Really, Boston, this is what you call a four star restaurant? Medicore food, at best, uncomfortable bar-stlye seating (at least where they sat us - downstrairs near kitchen door) with spot lights shinning in our eyes, and a clueless wait staff that was slow to bring things but much too fast to take them away. At one point, the busser took my wife's bread dish and knife away while she still had bread in her hand.Special Features:
- Great gathering spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We had a group of ten and wanted a city spot with great ambience and food. The Forum completely fit the bill. Food, atmosphere, service all great. So glad we went there over other spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I was there with a party of 8 for a special occasion. Although it was a weeknight they offered to sit us upstairs where we had the place to ourselves! The service at Forum was absolutely wonderful and everything that was ordered was delicious! Would absolutely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Relaxed DinnerloftyDined on 10/11/2014Decided to get dinner with two friends on a Saturday evening. We made a reservation and were seated promptly upstairs. When we arrived, the first floor bar area seemed relatively busy while the second floor was quiet, which made for a pleasant dining experience in which we could chat without yelling. Our server was very helpful and attentive. The chocolate chip cookie sundae was delicious :)Special Features:
- Maybe next time..OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Saturday, 9/27. Disappointed in the staff, service and then the food! Was unexpectedly moved from a great area view to a back table as close to the Kitchen as you can get. No explanation from the hostess as to why we were being moved. I refused her offer and kindly let her know if she could not honor are first seating then we would have to leave. I phoned the next day to inquire and spoke with the manager and again he could not give a clear explanation...after a few minutes he said the reason was "to not overwhelm the wait staff". Based on past reviews the food was not what we expected. No one at our table raved about their meal...we all felt it was just okay.
- AcadiaDined on 9/27/2014The food and wine were good and I liked the atmosphere. The only problem was the waiter forgot to put my order in and didn't realize until everyone else at the table was served. I didn't mind the people I was with starting to eat their meals (as I wouldn't want theirs to get cold) but when my meal did arrive I felt a bit rushed eating. This being said I would give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food; excellent serviceJoeMVIPDined on 8/30/2014Selected Forum as a result of reviews in Open Table. Food was very good, everyone enjoyed their meal. Casey took care of us at the table and provided excellent service and advice with dinner selections. Overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best part of the nightpaulineDined on 8/30/2014We went to Forum (4 women) prior to the Tom Petty concert in Fenway - perfect location for a meal prior to a show/game, etc. Took a pedi-cab from Forum to Fenway so not too far. The food and drink were fabulous - 4 different meals and 4 very pleased people - not an easy feat! large portions, friendly waiter, nice decor - overall, a great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Awesome food and a good location. I would go againSpecial Features:
- Delicious FoodHGC24VIPDined on 8/23/2014We dined here recently and loved it. The mussel appetizer was out of this world. The sauce was perfect. We had sauvignon blanc wine and that was very crisp and delicious. The steak, the risotto and everything was perfect. The atmosphere is beautiful also. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014We had a reservation for 8 people, it was a special occasion,we had tickets to the Red Sox game @ 1330, so we chose this restaurant for the location. They seemed uneasy when we arrived but had a table ready. One person in the group ordered hot tea with milk when we ordered drinks, it did not arrive with the other drinks, had to be requested a second time, and then the water was cold and they never brought the milk. When we spoke to the waitress she bristled and then said she was the only one server and there was a big party upstairs and she was really very busy. She could have said that in the beginning, it then could be our decision to stay or not. She could also not get 2 AMEX gift cards to work. Overall very disappointing.
- Ok food, price is highbeesDined on 8/5/2014A bit overpriced but the portions were large and well prepared.Special Features:
- Wonderful TimeJohnVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful evening at Forum. It was a Saturday evening, we had just arrived at 5pm, reservations at 7pm. The place was not packed and there were plenty of tables, but we had a drink at the bar. The bartender was very nice, opened a new bottle of wine for us, and asked us to try it before we said yes. Dinner was equally as nice, the waiter was great. Food was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectations!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014The upstairs dining space is absolutely beautiful. We were seated promptly at a table overlooking Boylston Street and ordered a few cocktails to start. Both delicious. Our server was very knowledgeable about the food and described the Mussels and Halibut as two of his favorites. We ended up trying both and splitting the strip steak as well. We took our time and got a bottle of wine and never felt rushed. Great date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forum is a must!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/2/2014I recently came here for dinner on a first date! We arrived early so we decided to have drinks at the bar. Whenever I go out, I always love to try original cocktails- my mind was blown. Their version of a cosmo was outstanding. I also loved that I didnt notice I was waiting. Good music, great cocktails, and soon after a nice hostess sat us downstairs in a booth. Again, whenever I'm out, I always ask the waitress what their favorite item on the menu is. The lovely waitress suggested the halibut for me and scallops for my date. Perfect portions and beautiful dish. The waitress overheard us talking about it being our first date and bought us a dessert after the meal. Very attentive and thoughtful. Will be back again on a second date hopefully.Special Features:
- SweatboxDined on 7/28/2014Forum was a disappointing experience. The pictures on their website looked nothing like the actual restaurant. We asked to be seated outsider hen we made the reservation.. It was a warm summer evening in July in Boston. The website implied there was a garden out back. The outdoor seating was actually very cramped area on the sidewalk. The food was ok. The service was good, but then it started to rain half way through our meal and we had to move inside. We noticed that the other restaurants in the area had awnings , and were much more attractive to boot, so the patrons could stay outside. Inside the Forum restaurant there was poor lighting, no air conditioning, noisy.
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/28/2014I chose this restaurant because it had gotten good reviews. Initially we sat outside which was nice however there were some sprinkles and we moved inside. Inside was terribly muggy. They had to have fans on the floor and chairs I don't think they had an AC or the AC wasn't working. There was no apology or even acknowledgment of the heat. We were literally sweating sitting in the chairs and had to ask to have a fan pointed towards us. As far as the food, we started with the muscles which were actually the best thing that we had. I had the halibut which was dry and overcooked. My dates filet steak was overcooked as well. We ordered a nice bottle of red wine. However, it came out far too warm. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014Great location and service. Lamb chops were delicious. Pork chop was over cooked. Cookie/ice cream dessert was worth the 12 min wait!Special Features:
- Great experienceDiningoutVIPDined on 7/5/2014This evening I opted for something light and to try something new. The cheese and steak rolls were excellent, and the service was outstanding. The only problem I experienced was with the temperature, the air-conditioning is out in the entire building, which is rough on a hot summer day. Fortunately, the water was flowing and the staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid experienceDiningoutVIPDined on 7/2/2014After some difficulty with the hostess in ensuring I was seated only to learn my reservation was cancelled after being seated, the rest of the experience was very good except the fact there was no air-conditioning in the entire building. I had tried this venue on the previous day and had good results during a World Cup game. They kept the water and drinks flowing. I only hope their insurance covers a loss of business, should there be one during the oppressive heat. Everyone around me seemed to be enjoying their selections and mine was great, the fresh peach fried pie was outstanding. If you are seated at the bar be sure to ask for Jose, he is a great asset to the establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/20142 of us had 4 small plates + wine. All were delicious. Did not try a large plate, but, certainly looked very good, and other diners ate them w relish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 295 reviews are from the Forum reviews archive.
- MPOTVIPDined on 6/22/2014Fantastic food with friendly, attentive service as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/15/2014Went to Forum for Father's Day brunch and arrived 5 minutes early. The doors were locked and we were told they were still setting up. We were the first seated that day and when our food came it was all cold despite being the first meals served out of the kitchen. I got smoked salmon and eggs over potato pancakes which were mushy, cold and undercooked inside. We had to ask for ketchup and salt and pepper which took several minutes to arrive. As we were finishing brunch we saw all of the tables sat after us receiving beautiful complimentary pastry baskets which we were never offered. The location is great, the decor is gorgeous and I really want to see this place make it but they have to step up the service and food to compete in Back Bay.
- Delicious lamb!Jem06dVIPDined on 6/14/2014Wonderful restaurant that was a little less pricey than surround competitors. Lamb was absolutely excellent, short & sweet wine list, great portions of food!Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!!RandolphdadDined on 6/8/2014Beautiful decor, Wonderful Brunch both eggs and salads, Great Service and reasonableSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/1/2014We had a fairly large party and went for brunch. The food was good. It was not crowded, which was great. We had a very nice, large table. Our waiter was attentive, yet he also left us alone, which was a good thing. we really wanted to spend a lot of time talking, and we were able to! WE did not feel rushed to leave; just what we wanted!Special Features:
- Good Comfort FoodzuzuniDined on 5/30/2014Food was very good - we had a party of 8 and everyone was very happy with their meal. Service was very slow, and restaurant was not even half full. Will definitely go back, believe the service was a one-time fluke. The restaurant is beautiful, well laid out. The bars on both floors are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic serviceFatty12Dined on 5/23/2014Went here for a special dinner after my graduation. The service was FANTASTIC and the food was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mothers dayIndustryInsiderDined on 5/11/2014Food was very good, atmosphere was nice and unique. One of our parties food came later and the server was very quick to offer a complementary drink as an apology. We really appreciated that. Over all it was very nice. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and average foodBackBayNativeVIPDined on 5/10/2014I used to love Forum. I went back in December and had a mediocre lunch, including some steak and cheese spring-rolls that were far too deeply fried. We went again for dinner on Friday night. The food has gone way downhill - the mushroom gnocchi was flavorless (and covered in filler vegetables where it hadn't become soggy). The brick chicken was dry and overcooked. The halibut was bland. The scallops were ok, but and came out cold, as did the lobster chowder. The service was horrible - it took 10+ minutes to reheat the soup, and the waitress forgot my order entirely, brought the wrong thing, and never admitted it was a mistake (took another 10 minutes). "TGI Fridays at twice the price" according to one person in our party.
- Brunch and People WatchingLouvreloverDined on 5/10/2014Took some out of town friends to brunch on a Sarurday afternoon. First of all: How great to find someplace that does brunch on Sunday! It was a warm and sunny day, and we sat by the windows, which were open. It was pretty noisy, since we had the sights and sounds of Boylston Street on a Saturday afternoon, but we expected it and just spoke louder! I had am the house special omelette. It was very good, with roasted potatoes on the side. Others in my party had the chicken sandwich, pancakes, tomato soup with grilled cheese, and a salad with strawberries. All the food was tasty, beautifully served, and the portions were nice sized. Our server was attentive and happily adjusted a couple of modifications to our meal. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodluvstxVIPDined on 5/6/2014We met a friend who was visiting from out of town and staying at the Sheraton. I chose Forum as I wanted to give them support given all they suffered through during Marathon '13. It was a good choice. The hostess staff was very friendly and our waitress was very attentive. When we first arrived, there was a large group in the bar area and it was quite noisy so I was afraid we'd have trouble hearing each other. But once we got settled into our booth, I didn't notice the din. We liked our food but I have to say that I thought the halibut portion was very small. We would definitely go back.
- Great brunch.foodforthoughtDined on 5/3/2014We met out of town friends for brunch and it was great. Clean plates all around! My husband and I also enjoy delicious liquid brunch too! The prices were very reasonable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014Our server was wonderful. She was attentive, accommodating, and informative. The food was delicious and portions were a perfect size.Special Features:
- Great food, for what was availableLME12Dined on 4/26/2014We arrived early and were seated right away, which was great. We had a nice large space in the upstairs dining area and we appreciated it since we had our 6 month old in tow. The big disappointment was that we were told a large portion of their menu was unavailable due to seasonality. Half of their beers on tap weren't in stock, and at least half a dozen menu items. It left only a handful of dishes to choose from. Luckily once we received our food, it was delicious and well cooked. Service was great also. It would be helpful if they had at least a little area available in the bathroom for changing children.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing exceptionalSEfoodieVIPDined on 4/25/2014After wanting to dine at Forum since it opened, I finally made it in recently. We were greeted at the door and promptly brought to a table upstairs (our choice as the first floor lounge area was very active). What followed was a good, average dining experience. The service was OK - friendly, mostly prompt, and attentive. The menu had a decent variety but they were out of several items early in the evening, and the drinks OK. The food was OK as well but nothing stood out as noteworthy. The halibut was delicious and cooked perfectly but the risotto was loaded with sausage and barely had any lobster. The dinner rolls were what you see at large scale banquets - boring. Not a bad experience overall but not worth the price.Special Features:
- Okay food - great serviceDelishDish08Dined on 4/20/2014I went to Forum to support them on the anniversary of the bombings. Here's the good and the bad. The GOOD: The service was great. My lamb chops were great. The Israeli couscous and Rice pilaf were amazing. The Bacon wrapped shrimp were to die for. The BAD: The grilled eggplant has a funny aftertaste. The scallops were undercooked and tasted bad. The music was way too loud for 7pm. On the first floor they only have high tops. It's really uncomfortable if you're short. I'm 5' tall and my dad is 5'7". We were both uncomfortable and they didn't have any other tables to switch us to. If you want a cool place to stand around and grab a drink with friends, then this would be a great spot. But for a family dinner, it's really not ideal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch on BoylstonStephDined on 4/20/2014In hindsight, going to Boylston St the day before the marathon probably wasn't the smartest of moves, but the experience was great! Although it was a beautiful day, the restaurant itself was a little dark for my taste, but probably helped for other people to see the one or two TV's in the back. Food was great, drinks were ok (a little sweet for my taste), and brunch was very fun. I'd recommend it as a moderate value, but nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Forum with a HeartPerkinsDined on 4/19/2014We went to The Forum as a gesture of support because of The Boston Marathon tragedy. Their comeback is laudable. The food was very good, though I believe on the day we went (two days before the race) they were in a terrible rush to prepare everything. The service, however was very good despite the size of the crowds. The restaurant is beautiful and the staff is wonderful.Special Features:
- A great dinner with a great viewFoodieVIPDined on 4/12/2014We tried Forum after seeing an afternoon show at the Opera House. We had an early reservation so the restaurant was not crowded because it was only 6:00pm. We were seated on the second floor overlooking Boylston Street. The food was great! We started with the mussels. My dinner companion had the Halibut served over lobster risotto. It was fantastic. I had the Scallops that were a special that evening. The service and the meal were really great and I would recommend Forum to anyone who loves really well prepared food.Special Features: