12 Cumberland St.
Toronto, ON m4w 1j5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fortunainyorkville.com/
- Phone: 4169252828x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Rudi Ponniah
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do catering for groups. Office catering is available from the menu and out of the menu as well. Price Fixed, Customized Packages available. Call Manager Frank Gerard @ 416-925-2828 or visit www.fortunaristorante.com. We do Office/ Cooperate Catering. Private Functions call ahead.
- Private Party Facilities: we have private dinning capacity of 20,30 and 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Manger Frank Gerard 416- 925- 2828x
- Special Events: Celebrate your special Events with special occasions menus. We offer Theme Menus for Valentine's Day, Fathers Day, Mothers Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years etc.. Call us for details.. Reserve through Open Table. We have private dining/ group dining as well.
A word from Fortuna Ristorante
An authentic Italian restaurant in the heart of downtown Toronto, Known as yorkville fashion distric. They carry wide range of wine, lunch,and dinner menu. Fortuna has a Elegant casual fine dining atmosphere with attentive friendly service. Fotuna offer price fixed menus. Private dining rooms available.Ideal cozy environment for Romantic Dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fortuna Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- A NightmaregordonramseyDined on 2/14/2014We showed up on time for our reservation and stood waiting for 20 minutes. One person said they were busy and they would eventually be with us. Numerous people were walking out saying that they had waited 2 hours for food and hadn't been served so we left too. What a joke! A Valentine's day nightmare
- VALENTINES DAYdlovesfoodDined on 2/14/2014I had the worst experience tonight. Orders took over an hour to come and customers were leaving. Some customers got their entree before their appetizers but even their entree was wrong. It was a set menu for tonight but it was so unorganized. It seemed like they were short staff as well. Also, as I left, I witnessed one patient customer get up from her table and help the servers out. For the food, it was ok. Filled me up (because I was hungry from waiting) but unsatisfied. I'm discouraged to come back here again.Special Features:
- As parents of a newborn, thisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014As parents of a newborn, this was our first chance to have a nice dinner out. We arrived for our reservation, and not only was it crowded and rather noisy, and the free bruschetta appetizer basically just tomatoes on wet bread, but we waited for an hour and weren't even able to order our meal. My husband even flagged down a server; she said she would send *our* server over, but nobody ever came. We finally were forced to leave without ordering. When my husband informed a member of the staff that we were leaving, he said that two waiters had earlier fought and left, and that's why they were so short-staffed. In that case, you should have at least informed diners what the situation was. Thanks for ruining our Valentine's Day.
- Not a bad restaurantCrojakDined on 2/14/2014Service was slow if they fix that really good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine's Pre Theatre mealIngridVIPDined on 2/14/2014I booked Fortuna based on the location to the Panasonic Theatre. As was the first time at the restaurant I was not sure how it would be. Good wine menu with many reasonable priced. The bruschetta they served to start was very nice. We both ordered the calamari appetizer which was very nice to have the arugula salad and hot calamari together, I would definitely order this again. We ordered the surf and turf, the steak was cooked to perfection as was the shrimp, and both were nicely seasoned. I then had the tiramisu which was specially nice and went perfectly with my coffee. I would definitely recommend the restaurant and come again. Valentine's Day is one of the toughest day's and the service and the food really exceeded my expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Excellent selection of seafood Quite enjoyed Tuna steak good sized portionSpecial Features:
- Great value, taste and servicekkkkDined on 12/27/2013I think the food was very good and in generous proportion for the price. The food was really good and the menu offered a wide selection. The service was quick and the food was hot, freshly prepared. The server was friendly as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Italian restaurant is2ROMDinersDined on 12/23/2013This Italian restaurant is very good! The owner and wait staff are very friendly and knowledgable. We enjoyed the veal scallopini and the caeser salad, and the creme brulee is to die for! Definitely try this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fortuna è favolosoMMMTLDined on 11/30/2013My friends and I had an amazing time at Fortuna. The service was above and beyond and the food was to die for. We had soup, salads, meat, pizza, gnocchi and each was better than the next. Plus, the portions are huge and the price is quite reasonable. A definite recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findgroupof7Dined on 11/26/2013We hadn't been there before, food was great, service was very attentive and made very good recommendations. We had a wonderful evening and will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodluv2dineDined on 11/13/2013We recently dined at Fortuna in Toronto. Easy to find, cozy, inviting spot set just below ground level. Minestrone soup was excellent and tasted freshly made. Pizza is good size and value (2 could share) and chicken pasta with rose sauce was excellent. Would certainly go again and try more items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the time you haveSparkyVIPDined on 11/2/2013Food portion was generous and overall good. It however takes too long to serve our four course meal. There is only one server in the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- While many other restaurantsEmmulusVIPDined on 10/19/2013While many other restaurants in Yorkville are filled to overflowing on a Saturday night, we were fortunate to get a reservation at Fortuna last weekend. Slightly off the beaten path, Fortuna provides a comfortable dining area split between two moderately sized rooms. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The pizzas were generous and the pasta special was amazing. Service was well-timed and friendly. Overall pleasant and affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant delivers anJohnf1961VIPDined on 9/4/2013This restaurant delivers an authentic Italian dining experience in a tucked away location in east Yorkville on Cumberland, close to Yonge St. It truly under promises and over delivers.Bravo.....highly recommended for a casual lunch or dinnner!I would recommend this to a friend.
- our Server, a young blondeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/21/2013our Server, a young blonde lady was very rude to us. She didn't ask us if we wanted drinks. we had to ask her. We asked for straws when our drinks arrived and she was holding the straw and placed it right in my drink. I would never hire someone like that in my restaurant. Ruined our bday lunch celebration to be honest.Special Features:
- like the feeling of this place,vanbDined on 7/19/2013like the feeling of this place, the lighting and decorationSpecial Features:
- Yummy and cozy!LeaNasDined on 7/19/2013We ordered different things from summerlicious menu and loved pretty much all of it. Chicken was fantastic, very juicy and flavourful. Steak was medium rare and was also juicy. Veal was nice but not fantastic (too much sause). LOVED the calamari! Fantastic Tiramisu! Light, fluffy and just right. Wish the portion was bigger. Overall the palce is great and we will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively atmosphere, good foodsophia2551Dined on 7/19/2013The food was great The servers were professional and courteous I will come to this restaurant againI would recommend this to a friend.
- aweful placechiiiiDined on 7/18/2013hated it, the waitress and waiters are rude. The waiter spilled water on me and blamed it on me. They never asked how hour dinner was and never checked up on us. It takes forever to wave down a server as well. This was a horrible experience. Hated it.
- Good Italian FoodfidcasDined on 7/17/2013I enjoyed my meal at Fortuna. The bread was a little non-descript but the calamari was simple and tasty. I also enjoyed my mushroom risotto. Finished with creme brule. The meal was basic good italian cuisine but nothing that really stuck out as spectacular. A good staple restaurant and I'd go back for sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2013Unfortunately the food was cold and slightly over cooked. This may have been as a result of the price fix menu for summerlicious.
- Bad service, and average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2013I was at Fortuna for the Summerlicious dinner with my husband and son. The food was only OK and the service was horrible. The mushrooms that came with the stake were good, as was the prosciutto appetizer. The risotto was bland, the stake too salty, the brownie that was supposed to come with ice-cream was old and without the ice-cream. The service was very slow and when we asked why it took 15 minutes to get the bill, the waitress snapped at us. Not a very pleasant experience.
- I went with 2 of my friendsswwvDined on 7/16/2013I went with 2 of my friends for the summerlicious dinner. Our server was a young, blond lady who seemingly did not know what she was doing. We were waiting for a food to arrive and had to ask for the bread basket, which she replied was only served when asked by patrons. That's ridiculous. She seemed to pick the leaking bottles of oil and vinegar for our table as well. We did not order wine and did not clear the wine glasses until the middle of our meal. My risotto was bland and tasteless. The main portion of salmon my friend ordered along with all our dessert (tiramisu) were the smallest portion as comparable with those in neighbouring tables. Horrible service overall, we will not return.
- Will definitely returnsummerlovinDined on 7/16/2013Our waitress made us feel right at home. She was very knowledge, helpful and friendly. We had a great experience and plan on returning. Thanks Fortuna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy anniversaryVinnieDined on 7/14/2013quiet Sunday evening dinner....perfect for celebrating our anniversary, we were able to enjoy each other's conversation without having to talk over a bunch of noise. Service was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, nice serviceFoodDIva7Dined on 7/14/2013Our server Sharif was very efficient and friendly, definite asset to the ristorante. Misto & Grilled calamari were lovely; fetticine pollo was tasty, steak was perfect. Portions were generous. Brownie with ice cream was still warm from the oven--only comment I have is that it was the end piece so most of it was hard as rock...but it was chocoately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lunch menu for summerliciousbonapetitDined on 7/14/2013The lunch menu for summerlicious was extensive and a good mix of items. I really enjoyed the fried calamari, which was tender, but the dipping sauce did lack flavour. The fettuccini was the right level of al dente, but it would have been nice if the server had stopped by to offer some pepper. The tiramisu was delicious and we did receive a few water refills without requesting for one. Otherwise, good food and okay service for a Sunday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Fortuna for summerliciouLongwaitDined on 7/13/2013We went to Fortuna for summerlicious so we knew the food would be fantastic. We didn't wait too long for our food and it didn't arrive to quickly. I had read reviews of summerlicious restaurants having arrogant pretentious wait staff resulting in the experience being ruined. This did not happen to us. The waiter was enthusiastic and genuinely cheerful. We had an amazing meal overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, but the servicesauceb055Dined on 7/12/2013great food, but the service was good but could have been betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a lovely restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2013This is a lovely restaurant. It was able to handle our group of 8 for Summerlicious, and there were other large groups there while we were. However, we were at the end of the lunch rush and they were out of menu items. There was no bread available at all. Not even for the chicken parmesan sandwich one of us ordered. He just had chicken. They also ran out of creme brulee which half our table had ordered. The food for the most part was delicious. The fried calamari was nicely seasoned. The fettuccine alfredo with pancetta was good but I found over salted. There was a problem with portion sizes. People ordering the same dish had very different amounts on their plates. Service was good overall. So I am on the fence recommending this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was new and wassummerliciousDined on 7/12/2013Our server was new and was not very efficient. We received the wrong menu,it took 65minutes to get our main course.however the waitress did ask us if we were in a rush at the beginning but I never thought it would be a 2 hour lunch so I was late returning to work.I did enjoy the food and the ambienceSpecial Features:
- Dinner at Fortuna is Fantastico!Lulu1739Dined on 7/11/2013My husband and I had a wonderful time at Fortuna and were pleasantly surprised at how delicious and well cooked our food was. The ceasar salad was a tad under-salted (or at least lacking in flavour) but the calamari were very tender and cooked perfectly. I had the veal dish; the sauce was "lick your plate" quality and my husband was very, very happy with his steak. The creme brulee was one of the best we've ever tasted. We will certainly go back to Fortuna. The staff also enhanced the experience - they were absolutely superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Italy RestaurantBennetDined on 7/11/2013Come to Fortuna alone for Summerlicious lunch Menu. Good Choice, the waitress is so friendly and always gave me good advice when I asked. The food is high quality cooked and prepared. Will definitely come and try dinner menu soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2013Great restaurant for a casual lunch in Yorkville or romantic evening dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JustinaDined on 7/9/2013What a fab experience. Great food, good wine, awesome service. We were very well taken care of! Would go back again anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious lunchnotaregulardinerDined on 7/9/2013Food was excellent. Our server was very attentive...I drink lots of water, glass was refilled before it was empty. Price was amazing for the quality of the meal and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Summerlicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/6/2013My group of friends decided to check out this restaurant as we were in the area and they were offering a Summerlicious menu. We weren't familiar with it beforehand but were very happily surprised. We each loved our meals (a good variety of options), ordered an assortments of desserts to share and a lovely bottle of wine. The service was very friendly and accommodating, and our table by the window gave us some additional entertainment (watched cakes coming down to street from DessertLady upstairs). An excellent evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of a find. The foodBillDined on 5/25/2013A gem of a find. The food was well prepared and service was very good. The Italian food had a wide menu for different tastes.Special Features:
- poor staffingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013The food tasted good, but the server was not knowledgeable about their menu items. I ordered the eggs benedict, and when I asked for the english muffin to be darkly toasted, the server argued with me that it wasn't possible as it wasn't served on an english muffi. When I pointed out that the menu description said english muffin she told me no it wasn't, that it came on toast. I then asked for the toast to be darkly toasted. In the end it came on an untoasted english muffin, which is kind of gross. She was not a native english speaker, and I think she was confused about it being a baked muffin, but that doesn't excuse her arguing or the "toast" not being toasted. I expected more from a Yorkville restaurant.Special Features:
- Very quietAnndreaDined on 4/28/2013It was good that there was no one else there but us. The server was very attentive and nice! The food was also very good :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.