Fortify Kitchen and Bar
69 N.Main St.
Clayton, GA 30525Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fortify Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fortifyclayton.com/
- Phone: (706) 782-0050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:30am-2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jamie Allred
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fortify is committed to bringing sustainable and locally sourced items to your special gathering! We are available for catering any event needs you may have either in the restaurant or off site. Please call the restaurant for more information and to schedule a meeting.
A word from Fortify Kitchen and Bar
At Fortify Kitchen & Bar, expect great food, delicious cocktails and impeccable service in a comfortable environment. We will always support sustainability in our area by using produce sourced from local small farms and growers, all natural, hormone-antibiotic free meats and proteins, and sustainable seafood sources and give back to the great community we call home!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Fortify Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Clayton ›
Fortify Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (110)neighborhood gem (80)special occasion (66)romantic (35)hot spot (33)good for groups (32)notable wine list (27)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (20)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great diningLuv2dineVIPDined on 11/20/2014We eat here often. Jamie does an amazing job in the kitchen. Jack is out front making sure everyone is having a good time and Austin has been our waiter several times now and he does a wonderful job. Kelly was mixing at the bar and she makes a Great drink, both martinis and mixed drinks. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive wineBoniDined on 11/15/20143 glasses of wine about 3 or 4 oz each $12 each total of may be 10 no more than 12 oz for $36Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dining Experience in northeast Georgia!LocavoreWanderlustDined on 11/15/2014Since I first heard of Fortify a few months ago, I wanted see what all the noise was about the restaurant. Well, it lived up to expectations! Everything served was top notch. From the cup of soup (duck broth), the fresh bread and herbed butter, and the oyster-stuffed flounder, the food was prepared in a way that kept the natural flavors first and foremost, not overly seasoned or overdone with spices or garlic. My dinner partner ordered the grit bowl and the sausage was the best I have tasted in a while. We finished off the meal with pumpkin creme brulee which was a great recommendation by the waiter. If I had to change anything about the restaurant, it would be the atmosphere is a little dark and noisy, too reminiscent of a trendy Atlanta hangout. A little more warm lighting and seating and maybe some barely imperceptible soft background music would make it authentically Clayton and not an Atlanta knockoff. Also, to enhance the farm to table dining experience, either more elaboration by the waitstaff on the where the various foods come from or serving more "small plates" of local foods while explaining their origins. Overall I will highly recommend a dining experience with Fortify to everyone I meet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestaurantglutenfreefoodieDined on 11/8/2014The food and service was excellent. If you are gluten free, you need to eat at this restaurant. Large number of options and all the selections sounded fantastic. The filet mignon and pumpkin crème brulee were outstanding. This was the perfect place to go for a couple's night out. Make a reservation since there is limited seating.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014The evening was perfect before we ever arrived. Jamie called to ensure that we had the reservation time we had requested on Open Table. The server was fantastic and Jamie stopped by our table to ensure everything was ok. The food was fantastic - everything we ordered! Local foods were used and you could tell how amazingly fresh everything was.Special Features:
- More upscale in areaDal11Dined on 11/7/2014This was our first visit to Fortify Kitchen, and we enjoyed it very much. We don't live in Clayton, but it needed a good, farm to table restaurant that is a little more upscale than other restaurants in town.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Delicious food, excellent waitress, knew me and called me by name.Special Features:
- Outstanding Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Fantastic food. Could do better with wider choice especially vegeterians but the chef could probably rustle that up.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014I've eaten there several times and the food has always been as good as I've had anywhere. Great place to eat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014What a thrill for downtown Clayton. It has a sophisticated ambiance and menu while accommodating our need for kicking back outside of Atlanta . My husband had delicious duck and I chose the fish. Home made bread and spreads and fabulous ice cream . Yea for Clayton! Yea for Fortify!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've Never Had Better . . .AlwaysLookingVIPDined on 11/4/2014A great spot in a quaint country town, this restaurant has it all. Every dish on the menu was tempting and the two that we chose were completely out of this world. The combination of flavors and textures was exceptional. It is clear that the chef is a genius in both technique and creativity. Combine that with a well appointed dining room and an attentive and knowledgeable staff and you have a sure fire winner. We enjoyed our meal so much that we skipped breakfast and returned for round two at lunch the next day. Well done!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Locavore RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Fortify serves excellent locally grown and restaurant prepared food in a vibrant setting. To find this in Clayton, Rabun County, Georgia, is especially wonderful. Our group of four last Saturday evening had the antipasto appetizer tray, trout, duck, grits bowl and the grouper special, after martinis - a plain Grey Goose and a pear/honey special. The bread, butter, pickled vegetables and some cheeses were restaurant-made. Other cheeses and sausages were locally made and the vegetables were locally grown.Special Features:
- Fresh ingredientsfoodfanDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant had been recommended to me by a friend and I'm glad I finally stopped by. The staff was accommodating and friendly and the food was superb. The ingredients were fresh and worked well together. I ordered the pork chop and it did not disappoint. The butternut squash soup was also delicious. What a great gem in downtown Clayton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/31/2014Best new restaurant in Clayton, GA or maybe all of GA! My husband and I have been here twice and had the best meal every time! We moved to NC from San Francisco and this place has the BEST food we have had since we moved. The staff is friendly and they all know the menu really well! MUST GO if you are in the area.Special Features:
- Clayton Georgia's Best Cuisine!LanaCantrellDined on 10/31/2014What a delight it has been to get a Atlanta type quality restaurant in our small town! Food is farm fresh and chef prepared, reasonably priced and a substantial amount on the plate, what more could you want? The staff are most cordial and always a smile. Good place for friends and family to meet! We love it! Have eaten there many times! I think many people will come to Clayton just to get the experience of being 'fortified' at Fortify!Special Features:
- Excellent dining in ClaytonSwhitneyDined on 10/31/2014High quality dining in Clayton. Lots of food a drink options. Really liked the side options with the main entree. This is a must visit when coming to this areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Delight2aTeeDined on 10/29/2014This is my 2nd visit to Clayton's gem of a dining room. They feature locally grown foods used in the most delightful ways. Almost all are hits, just a little miss with overcooking on the fried green tomato dish and this diner's filet. However no misses in taste or creation! Fortify is a true delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Had an excellent meal. Scallops were amazing! Our server was charming and highly efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm Fresh and Cocktailsbearded1Dined on 10/25/2014First of all ask about the drink specials. As a bourbon guy I was served one of the best bourbon/ginger cocktails I've ever had. From appetizer to desert the service was fantastic. There was a slight mix up on who got what side but then one of the owners came out to apologize and make sure we were all good. Way above and beyond for such a small mix up. You'll have to try the food to see how amazing it really it is. Great drinks, great food, fantastic atmosphere and service. Our meal came in under $100 for 2 people drinks, appetizers, food and desert. It was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!PaytonDined on 10/25/2014Great place to bring your friends for good food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Excellent food! Great atmosphere! Super staff! Really enjoy dining there! I would highly recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Menu SelectionNanDCDined on 10/25/2014Very awesome and utilizing local or sustainable food sources! Great food menu selection and Kelly was awesome at the bar; Pear Ginger Martini!!! Highly Recommended for sure.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerUncleWallyDined on 10/24/2014Fantastic food and great service!! Our first time was for an anniversary dinner. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Clayton, GeorgiaLeafpeepersDined on 10/23/2014Would go again in a second. Next time we are in that area, we will stop by for either lunch or dinner. Wonderful restaurant. Marilyn and David WilesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experience!SusieQDined on 10/22/2014This farm to table restaurant is outstanding in every category, food is consistently great, service is outstanding, and I love the way the owner always makes a point of coming to your table to ask how everything is. The decor is very trendy, reminiscent of a large city restaurant and bar. We have been 3 times and always get a fabulous dinner. The staff is great!Special Features:
- Excellent again!RandRVIPDined on 10/18/2014Excellent! Even better than last time. Meat cooked perfectly to requested temp. I can never understand how many places can’t do that. At this point it’s as good as the best in Atlanta. All there staff very good. We both had the fillet mignon, I defy you to find better at any steak house, even the side was outstanding. We are Irish so please keep the potatoes. Our server John was really good. I guess we’ll be there every time we are in Clayton. Not cheap but you really are getting fine dining as good as anywhere in the US, not just in Atlanta, which is a hugely underrated food city.Special Features:
- Great findHighlighter09Dined on 10/18/2014This was our 4th time at Fortify, and have yet to be disappointed. Good food, and drinks. Very knowledgeable staff, and willing to go out of their way to get what you need.Special Features:
- Fabulous!SamilleDined on 10/17/2014Fortify is a relative new addition to Clayton, GA and a fabulous addition! We have been to Fortify several times and we have thrilled every time. The menu is very exciting and enticing. I can't wait to get back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious duckValricogal2113Dined on 10/16/2014Had the duck duet and it was marvelously. Delicious and tender. I especially liked the leg. Was pleasantly surprised that the chicken fried breast had a light and crunchy coating, not heavy as "chicken fried" would imply. Loved the herbed butter too!Special Features:
- Best farm to tablebrownieDined on 10/15/2014Visiting the Smokies from California and looking for good regional food . We found great food . Had fried green tomatoes with corn and shrimp relish. Flavors were wonderful. Had the quail starter form main course . It easily big enough with spinach mozzarella and tomatoes. Hubby had the shrimp and crab cakes. His verdict was delicious but almost too much. Dessert an apple blueberries crisp with oatmeal cinamon icecream. Good wines too. Wish more of them were by the glass . Excellent flavor profiles in an unlikely location .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!CaptTomDined on 10/15/2014If you want to experience the Farm to Table trend, then Fortify is a great place to enjoy that experience. I can highly recommend the specials and would like to highlight the Wednesday local farm night. That is the night that a local farm is featured on the special menu. Do yourself a favor and go to Fortify.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jamie and Jack have done it rightServiceFirstVIPDined on 10/10/2014We traveled 2 hrs for a special weekend occasion in the north GA mtns. and couldn't have been happier with Chef Jamie Allred's cooking on a Friday night to start the weekend. The co-owner Jack Nolan presented us with just the right wine pairing. The meal and evening is one we'll remember. We look forward to our next trip to Clayton GA just if only to dine at Fortify!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014It is always a pleasure to dine at Fortify. The food is superb and the specialty drinks are always fun and exciting. "Featured farmer night " is a great way for us to try things that we may not try otherwise. Chef Jamie really can come up with some awsome dishes that never disappoints. Seeing Jack, John, Amber, Hilary and the rest of the staff is like visiting old friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/3/2014Really enjoyed our first trip to Fortify this past weekend. We brought our 6-month old baby in with us for our 5:30 reservation, and they were very accommodating. Food was delicious! Service was a little slow, but overall pretty good. We probably wouldn't have noticed if we hadn't been trying to rush out of there with a fussy baby. Wine list left a lot to be desired. I'd recommend adding some more North GA wines by the glass and overall better variety. We did have a nice Cab Franc from the local Stonewall Creek vineyard. Overall, good experience - comparable to some of the better Atlanta restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDmwgeminiVIPDined on 10/2/2014Excellent from start to finish. Friendly staff. So good I went back the next day for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food!HannahMayDined on 10/2/2014I must say, I was very surprised by how much I loved Fortify Kitchen and Bar! The ambiance was so lovely and warm. We had my best friends bachelorette party here last weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed everything! The pork chop was to die for (best one I've had yet) and the apple martini was delicious! The servers were great and very attentive. I really appreciated how quick everything came out too. I give this place a glowing two thumbs up/five stars! Perfect night out!Special Features:
- Back room diningfood4thoughtDined on 9/27/2014I have eaten at Fortify several times and have always been very pleased with the food and service, however, we were seated in the back room this time and although the food was excellent and the noise level was much better, the service wasn't as good as it had been when seated in the front dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentddodgeDined on 9/27/2014I could not have been happier. My vegetarian plate was delicious. I was very impressed and defiantly will be going back.Special Features:
- Very pleasedConnieSueDined on 9/27/2014This was our second visit . One of our diners is vegan and she called the Chef in advance. He prepared a wonderful meal not only for her , but for everyone. This is a wonderful addition to the Rabun County dining experience. We spend our summers here and look forward to many return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findSteveVIPDined on 9/26/2014Fortify is a very nice restaurant hidden in the small mountain town of Clayton. Excellent menu choices accompanied by fresh veggies and attentive service. Small and a little crowded, but comfortable. Enjoy the butternut squash soup and the trout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.