Fortify Kitchen and Bar
69 N.Main St.
Clayton, GA 30525Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fortify Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fortifyclayton.com/
- Phone: 7067820050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:30am-2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jamie Allred
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fortify is committed to bringing sustainable and locally sourced items to your special gathering! We are available for catering any event needs you may have either in the restaurant or off site. Please call the restaurant for more information and to schedule a meeting.
A word from Fortify Kitchen and Bar
At Fortify Kitchen & Bar, expect great food, delicious cocktails and impeccable service in a comfortable environment. We will always support sustainability in our area by using produce sourced from local small farms and growers, all natural, hormone-antibiotic free meats and proteins, and sustainable seafood sources and give back to the great community we call home!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Fortify Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Clayton ›
Fortify Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (103)neighborhood gem (78)special occasion (71)hot spot (36)good for groups (31)romantic (28)great for brunch (20)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (20)vibrant bar scene (19)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Excellent again!RandRVIPDined on 10/18/2014Excellent! Even better than last time. Meat cooked perfectly to requested temp. I can never understand how many places can’t do that. At this point it’s as good as the best in Atlanta. All there staff very good. We both had the fillet mignon, I defy you to find better at any steak house, even the side was outstanding. We are Irish so please keep the potatoes. Our server John was really good. I guess we’ll be there every time we are in Clayton. Not cheap but you really are getting fine dining as good as anywhere in the US, not just in Atlanta, which is a hugely underrated food city.Special Features:
- Great findHighlighter09Dined on 10/18/2014This was our 4th time at Fortify, and have yet to be disappointed. Good food, and drinks. Very knowledgeable staff, and willing to go out of their way to get what you need.Special Features:
- Fabulous!SamilleDined on 10/17/2014Fortify is a relative new addition to Clayton, GA and a fabulous addition! We have been to Fortify several times and we have thrilled every time. The menu is very exciting and enticing. I can't wait to get back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious duckValricogal2113Dined on 10/16/2014Had the duck duet and it was marvelously. Delicious and tender. I especially liked the leg. Was pleasantly surprised that the chicken fried breast had a light and crunchy coating, not heavy as "chicken fried" would imply. Loved the herbed butter too!Special Features:
- Best farm to tablebrownieDined on 10/15/2014Visiting the Smokies from California and looking for good regional food . We found great food . Had fried green tomatoes with corn and shrimp relish. Flavors were wonderful. Had the quail starter form main course . It easily big enough with spinach mozzarella and tomatoes. Hubby had the shrimp and crab cakes. His verdict was delicious but almost too much. Dessert an apple blueberries crisp with oatmeal cinamon icecream. Good wines too. Wish more of them were by the glass . Excellent flavor profiles in an unlikely location .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!CaptTomDined on 10/15/2014If you want to experience the Farm to Table trend, then Fortify is a great place to enjoy that experience. I can highly recommend the specials and would like to highlight the Wednesday local farm night. That is the night that a local farm is featured on the special menu. Do yourself a favor and go to Fortify.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jamie and Jack have done it rightServiceFirstVIPDined on 10/10/2014We traveled 2 hrs for a special weekend occasion in the north GA mtns. and couldn't have been happier with Chef Jamie Allred's cooking on a Friday night to start the weekend. The co-owner Jack Nolan presented us with just the right wine pairing. The meal and evening is one we'll remember. We look forward to our next trip to Clayton GA just if only to dine at Fortify!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014It is always a pleasure to dine at Fortify. The food is superb and the specialty drinks are always fun and exciting. "Featured farmer night " is a great way for us to try things that we may not try otherwise. Chef Jamie really can come up with some awsome dishes that never disappoints. Seeing Jack, John, Amber, Hilary and the rest of the staff is like visiting old friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/3/2014Really enjoyed our first trip to Fortify this past weekend. We brought our 6-month old baby in with us for our 5:30 reservation, and they were very accommodating. Food was delicious! Service was a little slow, but overall pretty good. We probably wouldn't have noticed if we hadn't been trying to rush out of there with a fussy baby. Wine list left a lot to be desired. I'd recommend adding some more North GA wines by the glass and overall better variety. We did have a nice Cab Franc from the local Stonewall Creek vineyard. Overall, good experience - comparable to some of the better Atlanta restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food!HannahMayDined on 10/2/2014I must say, I was very surprised by how much I loved Fortify Kitchen and Bar! The ambiance was so lovely and warm. We had my best friends bachelorette party here last weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed everything! The pork chop was to die for (best one I've had yet) and the apple martini was delicious! The servers were great and very attentive. I really appreciated how quick everything came out too. I give this place a glowing two thumbs up/five stars! Perfect night out!Special Features:
- Back room diningfood4thoughtDined on 9/27/2014I have eaten at Fortify several times and have always been very pleased with the food and service, however, we were seated in the back room this time and although the food was excellent and the noise level was much better, the service wasn't as good as it had been when seated in the front dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentddodgeDined on 9/27/2014I could not have been happier. My vegetarian plate was delicious. I was very impressed and defiantly will be going back.Special Features:
- Very pleasedConnieSueDined on 9/27/2014This was our second visit . One of our diners is vegan and she called the Chef in advance. He prepared a wonderful meal not only for her , but for everyone. This is a wonderful addition to the Rabun County dining experience. We spend our summers here and look forward to many return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findSteveVIPDined on 9/26/2014Fortify is a very nice restaurant hidden in the small mountain town of Clayton. Excellent menu choices accompanied by fresh veggies and attentive service. Small and a little crowded, but comfortable. Enjoy the butternut squash soup and the trout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our local "getaway"parentswhodateDined on 9/20/2014We have visited Fortify twice now and have nothing but wonderful things to say about the whole experience. The entire staff is friendly and accommodating. The specials-menu is always interesting and fantastic. They use mostly local ingredients and I feel that it makes a worlds difference in the final product. I believe in using "love" when cooking and Fortify goes above and beyond putting the love in their food. We feel as if we are dining at a luxury restaurant out of town, but thankfully Fortify is our "local getaway". How lucky we are!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPicky1Dined on 9/18/2014Went online looking for a place for dinner. I found Fortify amount the list. Great find. Food was excellent, atmosphere nice, and staff was great. My wife had the scallops, while she would have preferred them a little more done, the flavor was excellent. I had the filet, cooked to perfection, and very tasty. I would reccommend Fortify for a great meal. One the best meals I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- One of the BestBlackrockDined on 9/16/2014We have enjoyed several visits to Fortify and each meal has been outstanding in presentation and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!suendaveDined on 9/16/2014Amazing food is back in Clayton....We loved the Lake Rabun Hotel chef...but then he left and we were sad. But now he is back at Fortify and the food is even better than it was at the LRH. Very creative use of locally grown (generally organic) vegetables and meats. Also has MANY gluten - free options and the best gluten free bread I've ever had in a restaurant anywhere. The menu actually lists whether an item is gluten free or not so you don't have to ask the waiter to ask the chef...makes ordering soooo much easier. Highly recommend! I had the trout, my husband the pork and a friend the filet. All were excellent! We also had the antipasta plate appetizer which was very interesting, our the friend the great fried green tomatoes.Special Features:
- LOVED IT!Happycamper14Dined on 9/13/2014Such a delicious meal! I wanted to order at least four different entire meals. And I honestly think the butternut squash soup was the best I have ever had!Special Features:
- arubaDined on 9/11/2014Fabulous food, nice ambience, terrific service---just one of the best. Celebrated our anniversary--this made for a complete day. We shall be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014A gem in Clayon, GA. Glad to see some really nice places showing up in Clayton. Fortify in particular is excellent. You could uproot the place and move it down to Buckhead and it would not be out of place. A little on the expensive side, but a really good menu. Don't miss the gouda fritters!Special Features:
- IncredibleSteveDined on 9/5/2014Things are certainly turning around in Northeast Georgia dining. First time to Fortify, but I'll be back many times in the future. Well thought out entrees, great bar cocktails, stylish decor. Very, very enjoyable. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best chef aroundQBunDined on 9/5/2014Jamie is by far the best chef around these parts. Always creative and provides exceptional quality, taste & presentation. Great service from Jack and his staff. Thanks for being consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findHighlighter09Dined on 9/5/2014Recommended by a friend. Decided to try the restaurant for my wife's birthday. Found that it is a wonderful place for dinner, although not around the corner from where we live in the N. Carolina mountains. Food, service and atmosphere was very good. Plan to make this place a habit for dining out as the menu is moderately priced. We really enjoyed our dinner and the small town of Clayton, GA.Special Features:
- Surprise of a gem in Claytonjs2236VIPDined on 9/5/2014Our son had a football game in Clayton and My husband & I were looking for a great restaurant to have a nice dinner before the game. I honestly did not know what we would find in Clayton, but we were very pleasantly surprised by this neighborhood gem. Excellent, creative menu using organic and local, super-fresh ingredients. A true "farm-to-table" experience! If you are ever in Clayton, do yourself a favor and dine at Fortify!!Special Features:
- excellent. service, good foodwildcatDined on 9/3/2014Gave 4 out of 5 because heavy handed on the salt and I like salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely!!!foodie4lifeDined on 9/2/2014Austin was fantastic! Very attentive!! The food is phenomenal. Definitely a great spot to enjoy fres h local food in a quiet atmos phere. Love how the chef utilizes local produce in EVERY dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Likefood2muchDined on 8/31/2014Great food and atmosphere. Specialty drinks were really good. Everyone is very friendly and attentive. This was our third visit and it was the best so far. We will definitely keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as AtlantaRandRVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was good, service was friendly, décor was reminiscent of the more upscale warehouse feel popular in Atl right now. We’ll be back. We both had the pork tenderloin entrée and they cooked it perfectly to the higher temp we requested, personally pink pork no thanks but that’s just how we prefer it growing up with cooked pork. The BBQ sauce, they should bottle and sell it. Apps were ok, kinda the norm for north GA, maybe let’s try something different than fried tomatoes and fried pimento cheese with raspberry sauce, what is this 1970? Dessert could do with some refinement, but at least they tried to be different here, I had the rice pudding with rhubarb sauce…needed more rhubarb, a much underused vegetable although used as a fruit.Special Features:
- Great food; service lacking.HighlandsdinerDined on 8/30/2014Our food was great, but after reading the week's offerings on line, I knew more about the menu that did our server. She also seemed ignorant of the difference between summer and winter squashes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014For Clayton, Fortify qualifies as good--by any other standard, it's only fair. Food is trendy--you'll find kale salad. The quality of the ingredients is good, but they are prepared without finesse. The kale salad is tough greens doused with too much Caesar dressing. Also tough--the overdone crab & shrimp cakes, which arrived swimming in gooey sauce with a massive glob of mashed potatoes. It's better than anything else in town, but I expected better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in ClaytonDriver8Dined on 8/29/2014Clayton, Georgia gets a fantastic dining experience with Fortify. Great ingredients and great preparation along with great service. This is the place to go in North East Georgia if you are a foodie and have gotten used to fine casual dining more common in Charleston, Atlanta, and Asheville. Really nice to see great food in Clayton.Special Features:
- thursday evening'sdinnerfatandhappyDined on 8/28/2014from the cornbread w/ specialty butters to the quail and hawaiian fish my husband and i fought the urge to lick all platters clean! thank you for a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- I was FortifiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Cocktails were awesome Party of four Gluten Intolerant diners were served Yummy Hot Crispy gluten free rolls All the dinners were hot and very tasty. Very nice selection of gluten free entrees. Service was spot on. We recommend going early if you want to talk to your dining partners. It is loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceLoulegzDined on 8/23/2014Fantastic find in northeast Ga. Food selections were quite yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rick GRickGDined on 8/23/2014This is the "go to" place for foodies in the North Georgia mountains. It ranks up there with Cypress in Highlands. We finally got reservations for last Saturday night and we were not disappointed. All veggies are farm to face and the service was excellent. I had the striped bass - a fish you typically don't see south of the Mason-Dixon and the Chef prepared it masterfully. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- farm freshOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Really enjoyed our farm fresh to table dinner! The dishes had lots of flavor and loved the in house baked breads!Special Features:
- Local ingredients with flair.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014The food at Fortify is delicious with the added bonus that they use many locally grown or raised ingredients.Special Features:
- Delicious but expensivevacationgolferDined on 8/19/2014The food was delicious but it was over-priced. Our gazpacho for $6 was only a small cup. My main course for $22 consisted of two small shrimp and crab cakes with a small side dish. The home made bread was wonderful but there wasn't enough to satisfy us. We ordered a piece of flour-less chocolate cake to share at $7 for dessert. The serving was really too small to share and feel satisfied. I would only recommend this restaurant to a friend with the caveat that they should expect to pay close to $100 for dinner for two with drinks and appetizers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Great restaurant!!! Quail appetizer was wonderful. Steaks are incredible. Been coming since they opened and keep returning with friends. Everyone more than satisfied. So far everyone that we have introduced to Fortify will return. Dinner menu is always exciting. Owners are friendly and accommodating. Clayton has a fine dining experience now.Special Features: