Forte Unique Mediterranean Cuisines
2154 Bridge Avenue
Point Pleasant, NJ 08742Neighborhood:
Point Pleasant Beach
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Forte Unique Mediterranean Cuisines
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.forteuniquecuisines.com/
- Phone: 7328995600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, Greek
- Executive Chef: Marco Vinas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Alexandra Room is centered with a cozy fireplace to add to the ambiance in the winter months and a balcony for outdoor dining in the warmer months. The Forte Room is perfect for dining or for holding small parties. We have a full service bar that is always energetic. Banquet facilities are available for 20 to 90 people.
- Private Party Contact: Jon Ucal 7328995600
- Entertainment: Bring Your Own Wine - Thursdays only. No Corkage fee. Live Music Thursdays & Saturdays - Please check our website for schedule
- Special Events: Bobby Byrne Dinner Show - Saturday, Spetember 3,2011 7pm Show Theme - Let Your Patriotic Colors Show. 4 course dinner and show $50 per person.. Advance reservations required. Please call restaurant to reserve. 732-899-5600
A word from Forte Unique Mediterranean Cuisines
Welcome to Forte Unique Mediterranean Cuisines, where you will experience the cuisines of France, Italy, Greece and Turkey. The word "Forte" has 3 different meanings in 3 different languages; In English – expertise, especially skilled, In Italian – strength, powerful, and in Music – played loud. Life is an adventure and your meal at Forte will be too! Forte Unique Cuisines is highly acclaimed for its superior food, extensive wine menu, outstanding service and warm decor. Forte was established in 1995, by Jon Ucal, and to this day he continues to supervise every facet of the business. We have built success by catering to the customer offering an eclectic dining and bar menu with an emphasis on using fresh ingredients. Add a pinch of ambiance and a dash of courteous service and you have the recipe of success called Forte Unique Mediterranean Cuisines.Continued
Let Chef Marco Vinas prepare your next dining experience tonight!
Let Chef Marco Vinas prepare your next dining experience tonight!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Forte Unique Mediterranean Cuisines reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Fabulous evening! Wonderful service and great food. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Exquisite Restaurantluv2liveDined on 8/29/2014Forte Mediterranean cuisine was stupendous! The atmosphere was warm and welcoming. The service was fantastic and everyone was so friendly. A great find for an evening out and very affordable. My boyfriend and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great price, wonderful atmosphereClemCogsDined on 8/16/2014We chose this restaurant because it was the only one that had a last minute 7:30pm reservation on a Saturday night, I'm glad we did! While the food was good, it wasn't amazing, but the restaurant was super cute! It's actually a converted house, which I love! The staff was AMAZING, they couldn't have been nicer and it made for a great dining experience. To top it off, they have a two course special for $20 7 nights a week. The portion sizes were great. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014we had an excellent dinner , fabulous service and the price was unbeatable. thanks for a memorable and delicious evening,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant at the shoreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014Great place for families looking for a restaurant that is not too expensive but with a good selection, great food and service. Visited for the first time with a group of 6 and every one from a picky teenage daughter to all four adults enjoyed all courses of their meals. Also $20 two course meals with a number of selections available every night of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find in JerseyStorminnormanVIPDined on 7/19/2014Wonderful evening with my daughter tasting different food...hummus was simply delicious! Bistro plates allowed us an opportunity to have dessert too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findBeverlyDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner experience. We had the price fix and we were very pleased with our choices. Our waiter was very nice and yes, we would come again.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014I took my boyfriend out to celebrate his birthday and we only have good things to say about Forte. The service was perfect, the food was delicious and we were treated very well. We will definitely be returning in the future and letting others know about our positive experience. The mussels and seafood crepe were delicious appetizers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 73 reviews are from the Forte Unique Mediterranean Cuisines reviews archive.
- Comfortable and friendlyFunFindsDined on 5/17/2014Took kids and parents here for husband's birthday after reading good reviews. It was our first time. The owner greeted us and brought us to our table as if we were guests in his home. Food was good. Everyone cleaned their plates. Bar was busy. Crowd was older. Definitely a nice local find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was very pleased with my experienceLloydDined on 5/14/2014From the moment we walked in we were happy we came. The owner who is the maitre'd was great. He spoke with us at length about himself and the restaurant and couldn't be nicer. They bring out bread with an incredible hummus as well as olives that were great. Since the owner is Turkish we tried zucchini pancakes which he said were a Turkish type food and they were extremely good. Our entrees were delicious and well presented. The place is nicely decorated and the noise level was nice and low. It wasn't busy when we went in so I'm not sure what it would be like when it was but tables were far enough apart that I think noise is never a problem. I would definitely go again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Fullfilling DinnerortleyitesDined on 4/12/2014we noted this place in nj monthly magazine and deceided to give it a shot. website was good and besides a slight trip through much rt 35 construction, we got there and were very impressed from the get go. bar was real comfy, table upstairs was quite nice and the service top notch. food, the main thing, was outstanding! varied menu and wine list. not confusing, but multi-national! will return soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surpriseWhathappenedDined on 4/11/2014I was introducing my sister to restaurant week and this was available last minute. I was hesitant, but we tried it out. The food and service were both amazing. I've been in the restaurant business for over 15 years, so I'm admittedly a tough critic. I'm usually happy just not being disappointed, but Forte surprised me. It was refreshing to actually be impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the ruffTravelerDined on 4/5/2014This place was great. Went for restaurant week and didnt even order off the restaurant week menu. Regular menu had such a great selection we just had to try. Must get mediterrain platter appetizer. That was just amazing. Wine list fantastic and really not expensive. Main dishes were fantastic. Was full but really had to get dessert. Also just incredible. I just hope that this review doesnt bring tons of people because this is just great, quiet, fantastic place to enjoy dinner. The owner is always at the door greeting you as if he has known you fors years. Before you leave he shakes your hand and warmly thanks you for coming. We are planning on going back very soon. Truly a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/22/2014We had a wonderful relaxing diner at Forte. The food was excellent and the service was very good. My friend had the mussels as an appetizer and they were top notch. We will definetly go back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We live an hour away fromJoe52VIPDined on 3/8/2014We live an hour away from Forte, and have made the trip here several times because the food and service are well worth it! Forte is one of a few places that provides just what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- forte reviewannxxxxxxxVIPDined on 1/11/2014enjoyable meal but not flexible enough. should be choice of side dishes=vegetables, potatoes etcSpecial Features:
- We had a nice evening.. foodstefDined on 1/11/2014We had a nice evening.. food very good. service excellent. A neighborhood kind of place with many repeat diners.Special Features:
- Excellent menu and serviceChuckVIPDined on 12/24/2013Fortes is a great place to have an excellent dinner. Great variety of fish, meat and pasta dishes. All fresh and well prepared. It's become our favorite place down the shoreSpecial Features:
- Christmas Eve ExperienceSBGirlDined on 12/24/2013This was our first experience at this family run place that we had heard good things about . The host/owner was very gracious and attentive to every table. The wait staff, who also were family, were excellent. The fireplace in the upstairs dining room was on and very inviting on this first cold night of the season. The mushroom soup was sublime; the rack of lamb was seasoned and cooked to order; the mussels fra di ablo was hot enough for our fire-eater; and the baklava was a nice finish to the meal...just enough for the sweet tooth without being too filling. With this much care and attention, it's no wonder they have been in business for 35 years! If they can get it right on Christmas Eve, can't wait to try it on a non-holiday.Special Features:
- Excellent Mediterean CuisineChuckVIPDined on 11/27/2013Forte's is indeed a neighborhood gem. If you enjoy classic Mediterranean cooking, this is the place to go. All the meat and fish dishes are fresh,beautifully prepared and well presented. All the pasta dishes I've had are prepared al dented the way my Sicilian mother use to make it.The service is always first class with the owner always present to check in on the customers. If you visiting the Jersey Shore and want a great meal without dealing with the beach parking, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- Great FindMundoDined on 11/15/2013I have been looking at this place for years and never made the short trip, well that was my mistake. This restaurant rates with the best in the area, outstanding food & service, it is on my permanent short list of go to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night out with firendssaltlaydDined on 11/13/2013Very relaxing atmosphere, with friendly personable servers. The setting is great for a small or large group of people. The spinach appetizer was the best yet, as was the Shrimp Mediterrean. Food was served timely, hot, and was very attractively displayed on the plate. You can spend an evening in a quiet atmosphere without the waiter rushing you out the door, as I have experienced in other restaurants. I would recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely GenerousBenJDined on 11/12/2013Portions were extremely generous for Restaurant week. Food, and service were very good. Wine prices were reasonable. Really prefer a BYOB. Will go back on Thursday night when I can bring my own bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2013Lovely restaurant, diverse menu, very good food. The owner and staff are warm and welcoming; the service is friendly and just the right pace. We'll definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly ForteBeeAndBeeDined on 10/25/2013Their website says "come in as a customer and leave as a friend". And that is so true. We discovered Forte two and a half years ago when we purchased our condo in Point Pleasant . The night we closed on our condo we went to dinner there and have been regular customers ever since. A special note is that you can be comfortable at the bar having a quick bite or going to the dining room for a complete meal. We have enjoyed both experiences immensely. From the attentive staff to the fabulous food to the friendly owner we have found our "special spot".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice night outout2eatDined on 10/19/2013Forte Was Recommended To Me By Friends. Welcoming, Friendly HoSt And StAff. My Reservation For A Party Of 8 made That Morning Was Honored And Acknowledged, A VeryNice Table Was Waiting For Us. Service Was Prompt And Knowledgeable, And Had A Very Relaxed Pace. We WEre Never Rushed Yet We Didn't Endure Lengthy Waits For our Our Courses Either. Very Nicely Paced. A Very Nice Menu, Wonderful House Wines. All In All A Great Evening Out, And Will Go Back Again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service & foodlookingforgoodfoodDined on 10/18/2013very good service, very good food, attentive to our needs and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Forte never fails to satisfy.PointBoroLocalDined on 10/6/2013The Forte never fails to satisfy. Exquisite food offerings that you don't find anywhere else. Reasonably priced. Very nice setting and excellent service. Consisitently good quality. A wonderful neighborhood restaurant with a caring, energetic owner who puts his heart and soul into every dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Experience Not as GoodEnyawDined on 9/14/2013We had dinner 2 weeks ago at Forte and we were very impressed with the quality of the food and the service. I noted in my review that the decor could use a refresh. The place is clean and well cared for; however, the decor is dated. We returned and the food was great and the service top notch again; however, the owner identified me from my review and reservation and took exception to my comment about the decor, to the point where it became uncomfortable to my wife and I as he came to our table 3 times to mention it. Since we were dining with friends, I felt being a gentleman was the preferred behavior. I don't know what he was trying to accomplish but I can say this - I vote with my wallet. We will not return again.
- Add it to the listOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/9/2013Forte Unique was a very pleasant surprise. Dining on short notice on a Monday night, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, the friendliness of the service and the charm of the restaurant. And it's close to where we are in Manasquan so we will definitely return. It also looks like it has a very low key bar scene where you can relax and have your favorite cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinnerEnyawDined on 9/7/2013We had a very enjoyable dinner at Forte. The food was very good, the menu has something for everyone, and John (owner) gives personal attention to every diner. Forte just started a $25 special dinner. There were 5 appetizer choices, 5 entrees which included steak, fish, and shrimp, plus coffee and dessert. The portions were perfect - not too big and not too small - just right. I have to say, I prefer this to paying the same for mediocre quality food and getting a double portion. I had the steak - tender and the sauce was delicious. My wife had the flounder which was fresh and very tasty. We liked it so much we are going back again this Saturday night. My only other observation is that the decor could use a refresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealGreatDined on 9/2/2013We had a very nice meal the food in general was good. I had tile fish I did not really like it. It did not have enough taste. The others at the table had Hanger steak which was very good. The service was great. Overall we hada very nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, thoughtful serviceCCdinerVIPDined on 8/31/2013From the complimentary hummus and warm bread on arrival to the tasty food to the attentive service, the meal was first rate. Fish was fresh and perfectly done. Pasta was great. Overall, excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/ServiceJoMicDined on 8/9/2013Enjoyed the food and service was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/3/2013I dined here one evening, I was greeted at the door by the owner who brought us to a beautiful table. He was polite and gave us a great suggestion of what to order for dinner. The food was some of the best seafood and steak I have had in New Jersey. I enjoyed my evening there and can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/3/2013We went to Forte recently for a family birthday. The food was very good--fresh fish, good salads and appetizers. Will plan on going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinner at ForteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2013Enjoyed our dinner at Forte Unique. This is a small restaurant but the food was very good and the servers were very attentive. Creative menu and excellently prepared. Would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- World world style - skip this oneTooBlueVIPDined on 7/20/2013Great and attentive service. They do not skimp on the house wine. The food however was clearly pre-made - little was fresh.
- overall was good and reasonablyfoodloverDined on 6/15/2013overall was good and reasonably priced.i thought entree portions could have been larger. I didn't leave hungry, but i would have liked a little more. service was a bit slow.Special Features:
- ForteAnneVIPDined on 6/15/2013This was the second time dining at this restaurant. I was disappointed with my meal. I ordered rack of lamb and the lamb chops were very small, not meaty, and dry. My husband ordered veal francaise and he enjoyed it. I do not think I will be going back again, there are too many other restaurants to try.