330 Tijeres NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albuquerque.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/index.jsp#1631
- Phone: (505) 843-2700
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Peterson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining Room seats parties up to 8 guests. Food & Beverage minimum may be required.
- Private Party Contact: Kaylene Lujan 5058432701x
A word from Forque
Albuquerque's premier culinary destination, FORQUE features a tastefully constructed selection of regionally infused menu concepts. Each presentation reflects subtle flavors from the unique and distinctive seasoning profile of New Mexico and the southwest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Forque reviews from OpenTable diners
- DisappointedDisappointed4Dined on 3/29/2014We took friends for a evening out to Forque after seeing the menu on Open Table. The menu was not the same and much more limited selection at the restaurant. The hostess was indifferent and almost rude when she sat us down. The waiter Bejamin was the only highlight of the experience. He was well versed on the menu (limited though it was) and on the wines too. We had drinks and $45 later moved on to another restaurant for dinner.
- I loved Forque!RosaDined on 3/16/2014The food and service was great and I had a great dining experience.Special Features:
- great foodwhynotDined on 3/15/2014Wonderful meal, beautiful presentation, nice waiter. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!HappyDinerDined on 2/15/2014We were looking for a quiet place for a romantic Post Valentine's dinner before a show and found the Forque. We were impressed with the ambience and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreNevercookDined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent but the service was eh. Server was either too busy with too many tables or the kitchen was very slow. A four course valentines dinner shouldn't last three hours, especially when the place wasn't at capacity. We had long intervals between courses which I know is to be expected with fine dining but 45 minutes between second and third was too much. We also were brought other peoples meals twice. They were sat down in front of us and left before we could even get an "excuse me, what is this"? My dessert had melted by the time my coffee had arrived, I found that very annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on Valentine's Day. TheyDanielDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentine's Day. They were a bit overwhelmed. The service was slow and the kitchen was a bit backed up. My date's steak was not cooked as ordered. I expect on normal nights it would be better. I consider this a very good restaurant, but not the best in town.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We went to Forque for a Valentine’s evening dinner. All in all it terrific evening spent at Forque. My only complaint was keeping our water glasses full. Our waiter was young and still mastering his trade but tried very hard. The food was exceptional , my wife and I both had the Rib Eye Stakes. They were cooked to perfection and I must say the portions were very ample. Defiantly will keep this in my spots for a quiet dinner for two. Great job !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service mixed.SandraVIPDined on 2/14/2014This was a special occasion. The ambeience was great, but unfortunately a mixed experience in term sof food and service. My chicke n entreee was good, but my husband's steak was all gristle and fat. Our service person did comp us dessert but was otherwise unsympathetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen was a bit overwhelmedMasaVIPDined on 12/25/2013Kitchen was a bit overwhelmed because of holiday. In the end the food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Merry! Very,Very Tasty!5starfanVIPDined on 12/25/2013We were all 4 of our party very pleased . The calamari exceptionally tender, the shrimp and grits best ever tasted,the ribeye perfect and the Osso Bucco with it's bold Southwest flavors outstanding ! Drawbacks were items like scallops and fish on menu we're not available for our 530 pm reservation. Our waiter Allyson made up for slow kitchen . She did excellent job in keeping us happy. Will return to check out the seafood offerings and for another taste of the grits with shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday Birthday DinnerRetired565Dined on 12/21/2013The private room at Forque was perfect for our birthday celebration during the holidays for a party of five. The upscale ambience and unique menu suited a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-concert mealManifestressDined on 11/8/2013I dropped in to Forque for a meal before the Ozomatli show at the Kiva - mostly because of close proximity to the venue so we could park early and walk to the show. The food, service and general experience totally exceeded my expectations, and my guest enjoyed it very much too. I'd been there once before, long ago, would definitely return. As a gluten-free eater, they were very accommodating.Special Features:
- pleasantklcbDined on 10/17/2013Meal with business colleagues was comfortable, noise level okay for talking. No particular "design" interest in the restaurant, but it has a nice though somewhat bland appearance. Food was quite fine, with excellent service. I would certainly go back to the Hyatt in Albuquerque and take advantage of the ease of eating here. Had several nice experiences visiting with colleagues in the bar area, which is comfortable and had really excellent service compared to many such places I have experiences during similar business conferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Most Inattentive Service EverSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 10/3/2013Waited over five minutes at reception with no one in sight, not even a waiter. Finally walked over to the kitchen to get someone's attention. The woman working (or not-working) reception was hanging out somewhere in the back, I guess. And when I ordered, I asked for a glass of water. The waiter disappeared for ten minutes. Again i had to go to the kitchen to get someone's attention. There were only four occupied tables at that point (8:30 pm), two waiters to work them, and both were out of sight for a solid ten minutes. The food, when it came, wasn't bad, but I was in no mood by that time to enjoy it.
- GOOD TIME HAD BY ALL!!!sigrasDined on 9/13/2013My small group of friends and co-workers had a very good lunch at Forque. We absolutely love the burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have a great meal in a great space!BillVIPDined on 8/24/2013We had a fabulous meal in a beautiful room at Forque. We will definitely make this our special place for eating out. The food was perfectly prepared and the service was attentive but not intrusive. I was happy that Forque has a full bar so I could have an after dinner cocktail.Special Features:
- Great food, service a little "off"karenkayeVIPDined on 8/8/2013Have been to Forque several times before and been very satisfied with food and service. This time, I made a reservation for an important business lunch. The food was as good as ever, but the service was not up to what I expect. It wasn't bad...just not terribly attentive (empty glasses, etc) and there seemed to be something of a disconnect between the group and the server. Don't let this stop you--the food is well worth it, I just expected more in a not-very-busy restaurant. Try the shrimp and grits...it is my favorite!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2013would go there again just for the great service we receivedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ForqueJimpDined on 7/28/2013Service was slow, no bread offered, room was noisy, fodd was just OKSpecial Features:
- Great FoodMikeDined on 7/25/2013I had the salmon which was really good....just the right size portion and perfectly cooked. My date had the scallops which he also raved about. We heard a person sitting at a nearby table comment to the waitress something to the effect of "I travel all over the place and I always order this (scallops) and this is one of the best dishes I have had." I will return and recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST Food in New Mexico!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2013Forque's Executive Chef is undoubtedly headed for the big-time anywhere he goes, and he won't be here for long because his ingredients, flavor profiles, portioning, and presentation are on par with the best chefs anywhere. Jeremy, may I suggest Honolulu or Denver? (One I live to visit and the other my home town). The seared tuna salad was the best I ever ate. This was lunch - I came back for dinner, too! The tuna appetizer was simple incredible! Poached egg? Oh, yes it works. Green chiles, ultra-thin celery for crunch. I can still taste it! The scallops? Cannot communicate in words how good they are - you must GO! This was the best thing about a generally miserable two days in Albuquerque. Five stars for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unprepared for ConferencedwolDined on 7/25/2013I went during a conference. They were unprepared for the crowd. They were telling people that there was a 30 minute wait for food. The only fast choice was a "buffet," which consisted of head lettuce (no toppings only dressing), spaghetti noodles and marinara sauce. They said dessert with it was cheesecake, but there was only chocolate chip cookies. The price: $15.95 per person!!!! I felt robbed and was extremely disappointed. Im sure their regular menu was fine, but this was horrible. I would have spent my time and money more wisely at McDonald's!
- not on par with competitionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2013Located in the Hyatt hotel, the location does not seem to attract too many locals. The food and service are good, but not on par with competitors in the same price range. The restaurant was almost empty for an early dinner and was never more than half full. Overall it is okay, but expensive for what is offered.
- hope you have time to waitfoodie57VIPDined on 7/13/2013I was looking forward to my first lunch visit to forque and I'm glad I wasn't in a hurry. Our waiter didn't show up to take our drink order for 15 minutes after we were sat and then it took another 20 minutes for our drinks since the active bar was on the other side of the hotel. The food was really good though but that took forever too. We had more manager types come by our table and ask how we were doing more than our waiter. strange but I guess if you need something they could get it for you. We had the lemon "tiramisu" for dessert and it was totally misrepresented. They need to change the name of this dessert since it seems other have been misled. I'll go back because of the food but I know now to clear my calendar for the day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedBtheKDined on 6/27/2013Waiter was awful, didn't know the menu and was very inattentive Some of the menu items are too 'cutesy'. The mushroom risotto is not risotto at all because there was no rice in the dish, it was under seasoned and would have been a great side dish with a flavorful protein, as tapas is was just an average looking girl in an expensive dress. I also had the lemon curd tiramasu, which of course, wasn't a tiramasu at all. It was more like a parfait. No expresso or lady fingers. I understand a dish being a 'play' on a classic, but the menu description should state that in some way. I will say the mixed cocktails we had were awesome, as were the calamari fries. Those were almost worth the price of admission, almost.
- ForqueMototimVIPDined on 6/2/2013Good food where wait staff really knows the food. A definite for ABQSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for senior prom, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Went for senior prom, and it was amazing. Food was very good, service even better.Special Features:
- Forque: Over the Top PretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013The service was good. The food was ridiculous. By the end of the meal, my wife and I were having a lot of fun making fun of the person that assembled the menu. As bad as the food was, I am almost certain I will return here; I can't remember the last time my wife and I had so much fun mocking each dish as it came to our table. We started with the seared (and unseasoned) ahi tuna with a hard-poached (intentionally?) egg. Next was the Risotto with no rice (their take on risotto where they replace Arborio rice with mushrooms) and the shrimp and grits (which tasted more like velveeta and grits). For our main course we ordered the flat iron steak and the short ribs. The flat iron was actually a sirloin,(nice try guys).
- Lovely dining room with "magpies"AppreciateFineFoodVIPDined on 2/4/2013Not bad for a hotel restaurant, in fact for what it is -- quite good. We were a bit surprised to figure out we were headed for a convention center Hyatt. We closed their breakfast service just before the staff started switching from buffet breakfast (menu also available) to buffet lunch. Our only real disappointment: waitstaff chatted, joked and shouted to eachother in the large dining room while we ate. Clearly consideration for customers at shift transition time was of no interest to them. Otherwise our late breakfast would have been quite relaxed and pleasant.Special Features:
- Very good menu, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013Very good menu, especially in the setting of a hotel. Not busy even for a Friday night. Not sure why. Food is very good and reasonably priced. They could use some help with their wine list.Special Features:
- John was our server he wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2013John was our server he was awesome excellent service thank you!Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2013My friend and I had a wonderful meal here on New Year's Day. There were only a few patrons that day for lunch, and we were greeted at the entrance. I had the salmon - oh, my, what a tasty and large piece of fish! My friend had one of the pasta dishes, and a red wine. Her serving was HUGE! She had enough for another meal - I had enough left over for a snack. Our server graciously brought us extra rolls to take home.Special Features:
- We were tired from travelingMameVIPDined on 12/27/2012We were tired from traveling so wanted to eat in the hotel. We were disappointed in the meal. Food tasted artificial and not to our liking. Too bad, really wanted it to be good as we were not up for walking the area (certainly not driving) to treat ourselves to an enjoyable meal. Wish I could give a better review for the food. The restaurant decor is lovely and we did enjoy our breakfast very much, dinner not so much.
- I am a Hyatt Regency DiamondMelARobinABQDined on 12/7/2012I am a Hyatt Regency Diamond member, and have eaten at Hyatt Restaurants around the world, but never have I experienced such awful service, as we did at Forque. First off, it took approximately 15 minutes to receive our drinks, even after the waiter said three times they would "be right out." He never asked if we wanted another drink, never returned to the table to ask how our food was, and after having to ask for the dessert menu from another waiter, our waiter still did not return until we STOPPED him to take a dessert order. I presented my credit card along with my Hyatt Rewards card, so that I could be credited the points for our meal... When our waiter returned, he DEDUCTED from my points balance to pay for our meal without asking!
- Nice holiday buffet, and IOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/22/2012Nice holiday buffet, and I like the ambiance better in the restaurant than it used to be upstairs in the conference rooms. The whole family seems able to agree on this place for holidays, which is a miracle :-). Do wish they had more soups (I'm partial to soups).
- UnremarableSkippyVIPDined on 10/21/2012The new menu was unremarkable. Not vegetarian friendly My favorite item the Southwest Fettuccine was taken off the menu.
- Top notch dining at ForqueBunnykinsVIPDined on 9/9/2012We were there on a Sunday evening, so it was dead quiet. Shared the shrimp flatbread appetizer, prepared perfectly! No rubbery over cooked shrimp here!! I had the sea scallops and my partner had the flat iron steak. The scallops were certainly the nicest I have ever had in Albuquerque, both in size/texture/freshness and in overall presentation. The flat iron steak was reported to be very tasty as well. Dessert was Lemon Three Ways and Vanilla Creme Brûlée. Both were excellent, as we had come to expect after such a nice meal. The only weakness at Forque is the wine list, it is rather limited and unimaginative. I also want to give a commendation to our waiter, Chris, who was attentive without being intrusive, made the evening a pleasureSpecial Features:
- The food, although good, didOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2012The food, although good, did not match the menu descriptions: If the menu specifically states "Grilled Colorado Peaches" the salad should not come with pears. When the roasted chicken says it is accompanied by chorizo, you should get chorizo. Forque is a beautiful restaurant that was just a bit short of being a very good restaurant.
- Great lunch selection. WasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012Great lunch selection. Was able to obtain the small private room for a special business lunch. Service was great and staff attentive.Special Features:
- excellent food. the ForqueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2012excellent food. the Forque is definately a keeper!Special Features: