Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fornobistro.com/
- Phone: 5185812401x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Bar: Open daily starting at 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Roslyn Zecchini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: From corporate events to Holiday parties, plan your next private event at Forno Bistro! Forno Bistro’s rustic, Tuscan-style food is hearty and unpretentious with sophisticated flavors rooted in tradition. Hosting an event with us is more than just a dinner, it's an experience.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Brown 8779259659
A word from Forno Bistro
Anchoring Saratoga's vibrant downtown Forno Bistro is a family-owned bistro that offers a variety of rustic, Tuscan-style food rooted in tradition. Our chef's use only the freshest seasonal ingredients to prepare dishes with respect to their flavors, appearance and aroma. The menu is sophisticated but approachable, expressing the sense of hearth and home that defines the Tuscan style of life. Forno Bistro's rustic, Tuscan-style food is hearty and unpretentious with sophisticated flavors rooted in tradition and always open to new interpretations and adaptations. Many of our dishes are greatly influenced by the use of the wood-fired oven: homemade pizzas, sautéed calamari, and wood-fired towers of vegetables. The oven is always the inspiration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Forno Bistro - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Forno Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (91)neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (50)romantic (47)special occasion (41)good for groups (38)notable wine list (28)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- munchingrabbitDined on 10/14/2014Food, service, and decor were very good, but atmosphere was noisy.Special Features:
- 3rd visit this summerGizziesKidsDined on 10/13/2014We live downtown Saratoga Springs and dine out frequently. Our last 3 dining experiences at this establishment have been a disappointment due to poor service and questionable management. This most recent visit was highlighted by an almost rude waitress who had to be flagged down for water refills and menu questions. Guests never got their coffee refills. On our previous visit, we ordered Caesar salads "with anchovies." We got a VERY dry bed of lettuce with no taste and one anchovy. We questioned the waitress and got more dressing. The floor manager came out and informed us that they always give only one anchovy/salad. We returned the salad. (Our salads last night had lots of anchovies!) Beautiful from the street! Cozy bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaratogaJTDined on 10/12/2014Always an excellent time at Forno Bistro. Great food, ambience, service. Wish I was in Saratoga more frequently. Forno is a must for all visitors!Special Features:
- Saratoga gemMissTDined on 10/11/2014This was the second time I've been to this restaurant as I don't live in the area. The food is outstanding. The wait staff especially our server Tiffany and her helper Joe was beyond professional and very friendly. My only complaint is that we had an 8:15 reservation and we weren't seated till after 8:30 after being told that it would only be a minute. I understand you can't rush patrons from their tables but we would have been fine with the wait if that was explaoned to us. The front end needs to brush up on their people skills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly marginalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014From the tepid and limited selection of menu items, to the below average service and wine menu (bottom shelf), I was surprised that the restaurant was full, let alone in business. Despite being an Italian restaurant, their are few classic dishes and surprisingly no gnocchi offered. The waitress seemed annoyed that she actually had to serve and was basically useless. The calamari breading ruined the large, fresh pieces served, the pizza was below the quality of a frozen one, and they served a rare steak medium-well, which was promptly corrected after I notified the manager. Completely below expectations and I will not be returning.
- failurejtellDined on 10/10/2014awful service and mediocre food, hoping to enjoy an evening with family, we were distracted entire night as we had to ask for our waiter to come over and take our order, our food arrived 90 minutes later....forcing us to order another bottle of wine, and my brothers calzone was burnt so he basically went without dinner. Our waiter was inattentive and wanted little to do with us. I have been dining in Saratoga for 15 years and should have listened to my husband and gone to SPERRYS!! of course the 18% tip was automatically added to the bill..................Special Features:
- has been better....willbbackeventhoughDined on 10/10/2014I frequent this restaurant as I am a local and love their food. This particular time, however, my "staple dish," was just "good." In the past, it has been phenomenal! I had brought my mother for the first time so I was a little disappointed but....I would still recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favoirite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014Always our first choice,best area restaurant that is similar to the meals we enjoyed in ItalySpecial Features:
- Excellent Food, Superior Service1NYGirlDined on 10/9/2014Forno Bistro is conveniently located on Broadway in Saratoga Springs. The ambiance is warm, inviting and romantic. The service is excellent and the employees are professional. We like to go to Forno Bistro for all special occasions and to have a really good Italian meal. We have the reward card and our points add quickly. I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014had a great time. the food was good and the service was quick. :)Special Features:
- Great PlaceCAP15VIPDined on 10/6/2014Absolutely love this place. Great food and atmosphere . Fantastic service ,best antipasto we ever had Favorite restaurant in SaratogaSpecial Features:
- Yum2CanucksDined on 9/26/2014great food and wonderful service. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor receptionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We have eaten here a few times before, however this time, both the hostess and manager were rude and uncaring in welcoming us to the restaurant and our request to sit outside. The server was good and the food average. There are better spots to eat.
- We love this placeRickDined on 9/19/2014Forno Bistro is our new favorite restaurant in Saratoga. We ate outside on a very cool night and with the warmers it was wonderful. The food was very good and pretty reasonable as was the bottle of wine and drinks that we ordered. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodKathieDined on 9/18/2014This was my second time here and the food was delicious and served hot which is always nice. It was not as busy as my first visit when the service was quick and efficient. Maybe that's why the service was casual. The host was very friendly and attentive upon entering and leaving.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at Forno'sJandKBDined on 9/17/2014The crew went to great lengths to give my wife a wonderful birthday dinner! Thank you! The food is always fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a weekly eventbac2Dined on 9/5/2014This restaurant has great authentic Italian food but is a little on the pricey side so it is more of a special occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forno BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014I had a lovely end of summer dinner with my daughter. The food was great and the service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, tough for conversationWinendineDined on 8/31/2014The food was very good - came to the table piping hot and quite tasty. The decibel level inside, though, was just shy of airport runway levels. It probably did not help that it was raining outside (so the open air dining extension area was closed in), and the restaurant was crowded. Still, a good meal goes well with good conversation - if you want that here, I'd suggest doing carry out or wait for a nice day and ask to be seated in the outdoor patio area.Special Features:
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 8/30/2014Once again, we had a really good experience at Forno Bistro. It is one of our favorite Saratoga restaurants. The staff is attentive and knowledgable about the menu. Appetizers, entrees, wine, and dessert were all delicious. This time we ate outside and it was a special treat.Special Features:
- Unique and beautifulGmaTDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is right on the edge of downtown Saratoga. It's a lovely place that looks like it was plucked right out of Tuscany. The food was delicious and the service spectacular. The cappucino was yummy too!Special Features:
- 2saratogavisitorsDined on 8/29/2014one of the busiest restaurants on the very busy august on broadway. Good food and service. Very loud inside.Special Features:
- AndyAndyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was good... Service was poor sad to say. Very slow and unfriendly.Special Features:
- MickeyDined on 8/29/2014Never disappoints! Great outdoor patio! Delicious food, great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We hosted friends for dinner during a race weekend at Saratoga. We really enjoyed the food, and the service was great. We had a 6pm reservation, and when we left, the line was out onto the sidewalk. Great choice!Special Features:
- Visit to SaratogaericVIPDined on 8/29/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Forno Bisto. The service was prompt and friendly. The food was very good, and the overall experience was a wonderful end to a great daytrip to Saratoga.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The waitress was amazing. Knew her stuff about the wine list great recommendations for wine, food, and dessert. A little loud and tables were very close together but that is the only complaint. Waitress and staff were very nice and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food /cranky hostloujVIPDined on 8/27/2014Enjoyed food & service, but host who was very cranky because we arrived 15 min early could work on his attitudeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumKathieDined on 8/25/2014Went to dinner with my son and we both loved the food and the waitstaff. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Nice place, food was...blahTanklessDined on 8/23/2014Very bland, in a noisy setting. It's a nice place regardless. The desserts are sold to them, not all that fresh. I'd try another next timeSpecial Features:
- Off to the Races!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014From the minute you sit down, you are ridden by the wait staff like you were a horse from the racetrack. We couldn't understand why all they wanted was our plates. Despite the fact that we had our forks in our hands, we were asked by the bus person, and the waitress at least 5 times if we were done. When we finally gave in and let them take our plates with uneaten food on them, the waitress came by, took desert order, delived the desert and dropped the check off. Two weeks ago, I was there with my son who has cerebral palsy and eats slow...same thing. I love the Bartender Mike...but the place is run like a joke. Never Again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was very good. Service was not. Made reservations weeks ago, and we were seated at a table in a claustrophobic corner with no air circulation. Walk Ins were given better tables. Service was slow and practically non existent. Entree arrived before appetizer plates were cleared. Had to ask continually for water glass to be refilled. Had to pour own wine. Had to track waitress down to pay bill. Disappointing!
- Great all aroundKerbyDined on 8/23/2014Service was awesome but the dining room was very loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to be a bother...yummy4mytummyDined on 8/23/2014We were seated in a corner table and checking out the wine list. A nice woman brought us warm bread and all was going well, until we asked for butter for the bread. The now, not so nice woman rolled her eyes at us. A few minutes later she hurled a plate of butter at us. The wine was good, however the food was lacking any seasoning.
- Always great foodParisgirlDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food excellent wine excellent service, what else can I say, my mom is a great chef andshe likes this restaurant and all the food except the calzone is very mediocre.Special Features:
- Great food, again and again.MartyWDined on 8/22/2014Visited during Travers weekend. Reservations well in advance a must for choice times. Excellent food and wine selection. Everything my party had on the menu was great. Excellent and professional wait staff. After 3 years of visiting Forno the food and dining experience has remained consistent.... Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had an very good dinner at Forno Bistro. Great outdoor dining. It was a cool night and the heaters made it delightful. Helpful and courteous staff coupled with good food and wine made for a delicious dinner. Looking forward to next visit.Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerMamaDinesDined on 8/22/2014Daughter home visiting from out if state and we wanted someplace special to done with some very dear friends...this was the perfect choice. The food was wonderful, portions were perfect, wine was to die for, and the service was timely and very friendly. A little noisy but nothing we couldn't handle. It was a really special night with really special people. I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dine06Dined on 8/21/2014Had reservations, waitied for over twenty minutes, then we where asked if we would sit outside. Made reservations a month ahead of time. Service was very slow, started to rain, and there was a leak right over my seat from the canope covering. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Dinner MeetingTechGeekDined on 8/21/2014Took a few clients out to dinner during one of the busiest weeks in Saratoga (Travers Stakes weekend). Excellent atmosphere in spite of the relatively high noise level. Although it was very crowded, the wait staff was very good and attentive. The meals were also very good and reasonably priced. I thought the experience was so enjoyable I took my family back there the following week. Forno is now on my list of preferred restaurants every time I visit Saratoga.Special Features: