Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fornobistro.com/
- Phone: 5185812401x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Bar: Open daily starting at 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Roslyn Zecchini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: From corporate events to Holiday parties, plan your next private event at Forno Bistro! Forno Bistro’s rustic, Tuscan-style food is hearty and unpretentious with sophisticated flavors rooted in tradition. Hosting an event with us is more than just a dinner, it's an experience.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Brown 8779259659
A word from Forno Bistro
Anchoring Saratoga's vibrant downtown Forno Bistro is a family-owned bistro that offers a variety of rustic, Tuscan-style food rooted in tradition. Our chef's use only the freshest seasonal ingredients to prepare dishes with respect to their flavors, appearance and aroma. The menu is sophisticated but approachable, expressing the sense of hearth and home that defines the Tuscan style of life. Forno Bistro's rustic, Tuscan-style food is hearty and unpretentious with sophisticated flavors rooted in tradition and always open to new interpretations and adaptations. Many of our dishes are greatly influenced by the use of the wood-fired oven: homemade pizzas, sautéed calamari, and wood-fired towers of vegetables. The oven is always the inspiration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Forno Bistro - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Forno Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (75)special occasion (41)romantic (38)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (28)notable wine list (22)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great food /cranky hostloujDined on 8/27/2014Enjoyed food & service, but host who was very cranky because we arrived 15 min early could work on his attitudeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumKathieDined on 8/25/2014Went to dinner with my son and we both loved the food and the waitstaff. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Nice place, food was...blahTanklessDined on 8/23/2014Very bland, in a noisy setting. It's a nice place regardless. The desserts are sold to them, not all that fresh. I'd try another next timeSpecial Features:
- Off to the Races!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014From the minute you sit down, you are ridden by the wait staff like you were a horse from the racetrack. We couldn't understand why all they wanted was our plates. Despite the fact that we had our forks in our hands, we were asked by the bus person, and the waitress at least 5 times if we were done. When we finally gave in and let them take our plates with uneaten food on them, the waitress came by, took desert order, delived the desert and dropped the check off. Two weeks ago, I was there with my son who has cerebral palsy and eats slow...same thing. I love the Bartender Mike...but the place is run like a joke. Never Again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was very good. Service was not. Made reservations weeks ago, and we were seated at a table in a claustrophobic corner with no air circulation. Walk Ins were given better tables. Service was slow and practically non existent. Entree arrived before appetizer plates were cleared. Had to ask continually for water glass to be refilled. Had to pour own wine. Had to track waitress down to pay bill. Disappointing!
- Great all aroundKerbyDined on 8/23/2014Service was awesome but the dining room was very loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to be a bother...yummy4mytummyDined on 8/23/2014We were seated in a corner table and checking out the wine list. A nice woman brought us warm bread and all was going well, until we asked for butter for the bread. The now, not so nice woman rolled her eyes at us. A few minutes later she hurled a plate of butter at us. The wine was good, however the food was lacking any seasoning.
- Always great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent food excellent wine excellent service, what else can I say, my mom is a great chef andshe likes this restaurant and all the food except the calzone is very mediocre.Special Features:
- Great food, again and again.MartyWDined on 8/22/2014Visited during Travers weekend. Reservations well in advance a must for choice times. Excellent food and wine selection. Everything my party had on the menu was great. Excellent and professional wait staff. After 3 years of visiting Forno the food and dining experience has remained consistent.... Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had an very good dinner at Forno Bistro. Great outdoor dining. It was a cool night and the heaters made it delightful. Helpful and courteous staff coupled with good food and wine made for a delicious dinner. Looking forward to next visit.Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerMamaDinesDined on 8/22/2014Daughter home visiting from out if state and we wanted someplace special to done with some very dear friends...this was the perfect choice. The food was wonderful, portions were perfect, wine was to die for, and the service was timely and very friendly. A little noisy but nothing we couldn't handle. It was a really special night with really special people. I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dine06Dined on 8/21/2014Had reservations, waitied for over twenty minutes, then we where asked if we would sit outside. Made reservations a month ahead of time. Service was very slow, started to rain, and there was a leak right over my seat from the canope covering. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Disappointed DinerKittyjoeDined on 8/21/2014This was my second visit to Forno Bistro and I was very disappointed in the whole experience. The first time I went with my college age daughter in April of 14 and we had a wonderful meal and great service.This time seated on the patio next to a noisy toddler. Damp and windy conditions due the outside weather. Server was not welcoming or friendly. Entree of Frutti de Mare was mostly pasta and calamari which was tough and chewy. The pasta sauce looked and tasted like it came out of a jar. My husband order the blackened scallops Fra Diavlo. The scallops had a peculiar taste to them and again too much pasta and the jar like sauce. My daughter had the steak special and it was cooked to her liking. Will not return or recommend.
- Always WonderfulPolarBearDined on 8/21/2014We always eat at Forno Bistro when we visit Saratoga Springs. Year after year, the food is always delicious, the service outstanding and the ambience pleasant and relaxing. We recommend it highly.
- relax and enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Booked through OpenTable. Got to the restaurant, table was good. Food was very tasty, atmosphere relaxing. Good place to unwind. My only remark is that my husband ordered a calzone came out without any mrinars. When he asked for a side of it, they charged him 2.00. As I work in a restaurant I was surprised. Other wise we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great Meal in SaratogaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014Forno Bistro is always busy when we are up there and you can see why when you have the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great open air diningGABJMBDined on 8/14/2014We ate on the covered patio which was surprisingly quiet. As the evening cooled and a brief rain shower came through the staff quickly closed the sides and brought out a heater so we could enjoy the whole evening. Our waiter was knowledgable efficient and very helpful. The menu has a nice variety so everyone was able to find something. The food was very good with both the prices and portion sizes being very reasonable, especially for August in Saratoga. Parking can be a challenge so plan ahead. The only negative was a line for the bathroom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieeatsDined on 8/13/2014Frequently dine here and consistently great food! Staff pleasant and the wait is well worth it. A little noisy but to be expected when you know you will be in a crowded restaurant. The bar is enjoyable to wait at and the bar help is always great as well.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014This place is the best in Saratoga--but make a reservation or you'll wait on weekends!Special Features:
- Something's DifferentADKPrincessDined on 8/9/2014Our family has dined at Forno every Saturday of Track Season now for 2 years... This year, we have had 2 bad experiences with the food in a row. No one out of our party of 6 liked their meals both weekends... The plates had no taste, pasta was almost uncooked ( and we love al dente) , and every meal was served Luke warm... The menu has changed for the worse, and clearly there has been changes...we won't be giving this a third chance this season.Special Features:
- delicious mealcadwalladerDined on 8/9/2014We had a delicious meal with pleasant, very attentive service. The only drawback was that the table for two was a little cramped. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- LoudJimmyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Poor quality food, extremely disappointing, would not return
- Tasty foodyummy4mytummyDined on 8/4/2014The food at Forno Bistro is consistently great, so you won't be disappointed. They seem to have squeezed tables into every possible nook and cranny, which makes it close and noisy. Each time I've been to Forno (and I've been there about 5 times), even though I've had a reservation, I've had to wait for at least 10-20 minutes, which makes me sad. The restaurant was not that busy the last time and I still had to wait. The service has always been top notch, so once you get seated, your experience will begin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the restaurant!ADKPrincessDined on 8/2/2014Mamma and the staff at Forno are always a pleasure! We love this restaurant!Special Features:
- VinceVIPDined on 8/1/2014I go every year on way to Saratoga Springs,NY. Food is consistently good as is the service. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- Quite goodteddyoDined on 8/1/2014We were seated immediately, and a super-attentive server doted on us through the whole meal. The food was very good, with sensible, not huge portions. We will go back.Special Features:
- Saratoga GemCatamountVIPDined on 7/30/2014Forno is our favorite in Saratoga. Antipasto is a meal in itself. Many creative pasta dishes. Eat on patio if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foreverforward54Dined on 7/27/2014second time I had issues here. Busboy(girl) awful. Misrable and taking things off the table that we were not done with. Took our bread right while out entrees were being served. Two pasta dishes were bland. Pasta looked like it had been left out for a while.
- Cozy retreatScooterDined on 7/26/2014Forno is a great place to have a quiet personal dininer with your loved ones. The ambiance is peaceful but delightful. You never find yourself staring across the room and yet the company, the others dining, are charming as we'll.Special Features:
- Never miss it in SaratogaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014Forno Bistro is a great place to eat in Saratoga. They do a very good job and have some interesting dishes. They also have a great pizza selection.Special Features:
- Pleasant Outdoor Dining ExperienceCherylDined on 7/26/2014On a gorgeous summer evening, the outdoor dining couldn't be beat here. More elegant than many of the restaurants that have street side dining available, and on the quieter end of the hustle and bustle of Broadway. Nice wine selection. The "Stinco" ( osso bucco style beef shank) was excellent, as were the pasta dishes ordered. The manager was extremely accommodating and apologetic after 5 (not small) people were squished into a 4 top to start the evening. Wait staff was very accommodating. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeJoeDDined on 7/26/2014good food and great service by pleasant staff. recommend to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Just OkLoveSaratogaDined on 7/25/2014Visited this restaurent with a friend, I had pasta, she had the seafood dish of the day. The tomato based sauce was bland, although cooked just right. The seafood special had a lot of tiny bones in it, and it to was bland, although the vegetables were cooked just right. Maybe next time I will try the pizza. Staff very attentative, and friendly, but noisy inside the restaurent. Ask for an outside table when reserving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014It was wonderful as always. Food, sangria, dessert, outside ding. Our favorite place to go with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014It was beautiful inside and out! A little pricey for such a light meal, but, very very delicious and great service! Under $45 for two people isn't bad at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for a before SPAC eventStevePDined on 7/19/2014Table was ready upon arrival. Server was very clear on the night's offerings. She was also very accommodating to our gluten-free guests. Definitely plan on a day before reservation for anything in-season.Special Features:
- Not quite what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014I would not recommend for a special occasion such as I was there for. It is a noisy energetic place. It would had been fine if we were there for just a fun night out but we were looking for a romantic celebration. It was noisy and the service was so efficient, that it was robotic. Food was very good. It wasn't awful but the overall experience was not up to expectation.Special Features:
- dinnercookieDined on 7/18/2014We were a group pf 8 and were well pleased with the service and food. We had a reservation and were seated promptly.Special Features:
- Great foodfoodie2fornoDined on 7/13/2014On an Extremely busy Sunday night we were seated in the middle of the interior dining room. We were not rushed as we enjoyed cocktails at a leisurely pace. Our salads and entrees were brought with good timing as staff removed used glassware and utensils efficiently. My dining partner had Osso Bucco which was one of the best ever; very generous and tender. I had eggplant parmigiana, excellent, except the chef might want to remove the casserole up 10-15 minutes before serving. My dish was too bubbling hot to enjoy for several minutes. My didning partner was almost finished with his dish as I was able to begin mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely dinner!SaratogaLocalsDined on 7/12/2014Great steak and veggies. Prompt and competent service. My dining partner picked a lovely wine that we enjoyed. The DZ reward card saves a bunch & that's actually the reason we came in - to celebrate an occasion for which they'd sent a reminder. I look forward to eating on the pattio someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.