Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fornobistro.com/
- Phone: 5185812401x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Bar: Open daily starting at 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Roslyn Zecchini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: From corporate events to Holiday parties, plan your next private event at Forno Bistro! Forno Bistro’s rustic, Tuscan-style food is hearty and unpretentious with sophisticated flavors rooted in tradition. Hosting an event with us is more than just a dinner, it's an experience.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Brown 8779259659
A word from Forno Bistro
Anchoring Saratoga's vibrant downtown Forno Bistro is a family-owned bistro that offers a variety of rustic, Tuscan-style food rooted in tradition. Our chef's use only the freshest seasonal ingredients to prepare dishes with respect to their flavors, appearance and aroma. The menu is sophisticated but approachable, expressing the sense of hearth and home that defines the Tuscan style of life. Forno Bistro's rustic, Tuscan-style food is hearty and unpretentious with sophisticated flavors rooted in tradition and always open to new interpretations and adaptations. Many of our dishes are greatly influenced by the use of the wood-fired oven: homemade pizzas, sautéed calamari, and wood-fired towers of vegetables. The oven is always the inspiration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Forno Bistro - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Forno Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (84)fit for foodies (46)romantic (41)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (40)good for groups (35)notable wine list (29)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- poor receptionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We have eaten here a few times before, however this time, both the hostess and manager were rude and uncaring in welcoming us to the restaurant and our request to sit outside. The server was good and the food average. There are better spots to eat.
- We love this placeRickDined on 9/19/2014Forno Bistro is our new favorite restaurant in Saratoga. We ate outside on a very cool night and with the warmers it was wonderful. The food was very good and pretty reasonable as was the bottle of wine and drinks that we ordered. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodKathieDined on 9/18/2014This was my second time here and the food was delicious and served hot which is always nice. It was not as busy as my first visit when the service was quick and efficient. Maybe that's why the service was casual. The host was very friendly and attentive upon entering and leaving.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a weekly eventbac2Dined on 9/5/2014This restaurant has great authentic Italian food but is a little on the pricey side so it is more of a special occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forno BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014I had a lovely end of summer dinner with my daughter. The food was great and the service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, tough for conversationWinendineDined on 8/31/2014The food was very good - came to the table piping hot and quite tasty. The decibel level inside, though, was just shy of airport runway levels. It probably did not help that it was raining outside (so the open air dining extension area was closed in), and the restaurant was crowded. Still, a good meal goes well with good conversation - if you want that here, I'd suggest doing carry out or wait for a nice day and ask to be seated in the outdoor patio area.Special Features:
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 8/30/2014Once again, we had a really good experience at Forno Bistro. It is one of our favorite Saratoga restaurants. The staff is attentive and knowledgable about the menu. Appetizers, entrees, wine, and dessert were all delicious. This time we ate outside and it was a special treat.Special Features:
- Unique and beautifulGmaTDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is right on the edge of downtown Saratoga. It's a lovely place that looks like it was plucked right out of Tuscany. The food was delicious and the service spectacular. The cappucino was yummy too!Special Features:
- 2saratogavisitorsDined on 8/29/2014one of the busiest restaurants on the very busy august on broadway. Good food and service. Very loud inside.Special Features:
- AndyAndyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was good... Service was poor sad to say. Very slow and unfriendly.Special Features:
- MickeyDined on 8/29/2014Never disappoints! Great outdoor patio! Delicious food, great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We hosted friends for dinner during a race weekend at Saratoga. We really enjoyed the food, and the service was great. We had a 6pm reservation, and when we left, the line was out onto the sidewalk. Great choice!Special Features:
- Visit to SaratogaericDined on 8/29/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Forno Bisto. The service was prompt and friendly. The food was very good, and the overall experience was a wonderful end to a great daytrip to Saratoga.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The waitress was amazing. Knew her stuff about the wine list great recommendations for wine, food, and dessert. A little loud and tables were very close together but that is the only complaint. Waitress and staff were very nice and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food /cranky hostloujVIPDined on 8/27/2014Enjoyed food & service, but host who was very cranky because we arrived 15 min early could work on his attitudeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumKathieDined on 8/25/2014Went to dinner with my son and we both loved the food and the waitstaff. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Nice place, food was...blahTanklessDined on 8/23/2014Very bland, in a noisy setting. It's a nice place regardless. The desserts are sold to them, not all that fresh. I'd try another next timeSpecial Features:
- Off to the Races!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014From the minute you sit down, you are ridden by the wait staff like you were a horse from the racetrack. We couldn't understand why all they wanted was our plates. Despite the fact that we had our forks in our hands, we were asked by the bus person, and the waitress at least 5 times if we were done. When we finally gave in and let them take our plates with uneaten food on them, the waitress came by, took desert order, delived the desert and dropped the check off. Two weeks ago, I was there with my son who has cerebral palsy and eats slow...same thing. I love the Bartender Mike...but the place is run like a joke. Never Again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was very good. Service was not. Made reservations weeks ago, and we were seated at a table in a claustrophobic corner with no air circulation. Walk Ins were given better tables. Service was slow and practically non existent. Entree arrived before appetizer plates were cleared. Had to ask continually for water glass to be refilled. Had to pour own wine. Had to track waitress down to pay bill. Disappointing!
- Great all aroundKerbyDined on 8/23/2014Service was awesome but the dining room was very loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to be a bother...yummy4mytummyDined on 8/23/2014We were seated in a corner table and checking out the wine list. A nice woman brought us warm bread and all was going well, until we asked for butter for the bread. The now, not so nice woman rolled her eyes at us. A few minutes later she hurled a plate of butter at us. The wine was good, however the food was lacking any seasoning.
- Always great foodParisgirlDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food excellent wine excellent service, what else can I say, my mom is a great chef andshe likes this restaurant and all the food except the calzone is very mediocre.Special Features:
- Great food, again and again.MartyWDined on 8/22/2014Visited during Travers weekend. Reservations well in advance a must for choice times. Excellent food and wine selection. Everything my party had on the menu was great. Excellent and professional wait staff. After 3 years of visiting Forno the food and dining experience has remained consistent.... Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had an very good dinner at Forno Bistro. Great outdoor dining. It was a cool night and the heaters made it delightful. Helpful and courteous staff coupled with good food and wine made for a delicious dinner. Looking forward to next visit.Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerMamaDinesDined on 8/22/2014Daughter home visiting from out if state and we wanted someplace special to done with some very dear friends...this was the perfect choice. The food was wonderful, portions were perfect, wine was to die for, and the service was timely and very friendly. A little noisy but nothing we couldn't handle. It was a really special night with really special people. I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dine06Dined on 8/21/2014Had reservations, waitied for over twenty minutes, then we where asked if we would sit outside. Made reservations a month ahead of time. Service was very slow, started to rain, and there was a leak right over my seat from the canope covering. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Dinner MeetingTechGeekDined on 8/21/2014Took a few clients out to dinner during one of the busiest weeks in Saratoga (Travers Stakes weekend). Excellent atmosphere in spite of the relatively high noise level. Although it was very crowded, the wait staff was very good and attentive. The meals were also very good and reasonably priced. I thought the experience was so enjoyable I took my family back there the following week. Forno is now on my list of preferred restaurants every time I visit Saratoga.Special Features:
- Disappointed DinerKittyjoeDined on 8/21/2014This was my second visit to Forno Bistro and I was very disappointed in the whole experience. The first time I went with my college age daughter in April of 14 and we had a wonderful meal and great service.This time seated on the patio next to a noisy toddler. Damp and windy conditions due the outside weather. Server was not welcoming or friendly. Entree of Frutti de Mare was mostly pasta and calamari which was tough and chewy. The pasta sauce looked and tasted like it came out of a jar. My husband order the blackened scallops Fra Diavlo. The scallops had a peculiar taste to them and again too much pasta and the jar like sauce. My daughter had the steak special and it was cooked to her liking. Will not return or recommend.
- Always WonderfulPolarBearDined on 8/21/2014We always eat at Forno Bistro when we visit Saratoga Springs. Year after year, the food is always delicious, the service outstanding and the ambience pleasant and relaxing. We recommend it highly.
- relax and enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Booked through OpenTable. Got to the restaurant, table was good. Food was very tasty, atmosphere relaxing. Good place to unwind. My only remark is that my husband ordered a calzone came out without any mrinars. When he asked for a side of it, they charged him 2.00. As I work in a restaurant I was surprised. Other wise we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great Meal in SaratogaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014Forno Bistro is always busy when we are up there and you can see why when you have the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great open air diningGABJMBDined on 8/14/2014We ate on the covered patio which was surprisingly quiet. As the evening cooled and a brief rain shower came through the staff quickly closed the sides and brought out a heater so we could enjoy the whole evening. Our waiter was knowledgable efficient and very helpful. The menu has a nice variety so everyone was able to find something. The food was very good with both the prices and portion sizes being very reasonable, especially for August in Saratoga. Parking can be a challenge so plan ahead. The only negative was a line for the bathroom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieeatsDined on 8/13/2014Frequently dine here and consistently great food! Staff pleasant and the wait is well worth it. A little noisy but to be expected when you know you will be in a crowded restaurant. The bar is enjoyable to wait at and the bar help is always great as well.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014This place is the best in Saratoga--but make a reservation or you'll wait on weekends!Special Features:
- Something's DifferentADKPrincessDined on 8/9/2014Our family has dined at Forno every Saturday of Track Season now for 2 years... This year, we have had 2 bad experiences with the food in a row. No one out of our party of 6 liked their meals both weekends... The plates had no taste, pasta was almost uncooked ( and we love al dente) , and every meal was served Luke warm... The menu has changed for the worse, and clearly there has been changes...we won't be giving this a third chance this season.Special Features:
- delicious mealcadwalladerDined on 8/9/2014We had a delicious meal with pleasant, very attentive service. The only drawback was that the table for two was a little cramped. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- LoudJimmyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Poor quality food, extremely disappointing, would not return
- Tasty foodyummy4mytummyDined on 8/4/2014The food at Forno Bistro is consistently great, so you won't be disappointed. They seem to have squeezed tables into every possible nook and cranny, which makes it close and noisy. Each time I've been to Forno (and I've been there about 5 times), even though I've had a reservation, I've had to wait for at least 10-20 minutes, which makes me sad. The restaurant was not that busy the last time and I still had to wait. The service has always been top notch, so once you get seated, your experience will begin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the restaurant!ADKPrincessDined on 8/2/2014Mamma and the staff at Forno are always a pleasure! We love this restaurant!Special Features:
- VinceVIPDined on 8/1/2014I go every year on way to Saratoga Springs,NY. Food is consistently good as is the service. I would recommend it.Special Features: