Forno - Baltimore
17 N. Eutaw St
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Forno - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fornobaltimore.com/
- Phone: 443-873-9427x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday 11:30am - 12 midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout
A word from Forno - Baltimore
Specializing in seasonal, local, and sustainable Contemporary American Cuisine. Located in the Bromo Tower Arts District, across from the Hippodrome Theater.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Forno - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (29)great for outdoor dining (25)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (10)special occasion (10)hot spot (9)romantic (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Would not recommendB4CurtainDined on 9/18/2014When we mentioned we had a 7:30 curtain, waiter snarkily said, "You could have a ten course meal by then". However, his service was slow and inattentive, we had to flag him down a couple of times...to order dessert and then to get our bill. The pork loin was too dry! The marinated olives were good as a "bite" but server could have advised it was a small bowl of olives, more appropriate for a larger table. Chocolate cake was, fortunately, very delicious. We just made our curtain after three courses.
- SonnyDined on 9/17/2014The menu is very limited. Salad over-dressed. Pizza is ok but not great, could use varietySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014We enjoyed Forno for a casual dinner before Everyman which is just around the corner. Hippodrome is across the street. Pizzas were well prepared as were plates of cheese and smoked meat. Specially appreciated efficient service as we had a curtain to make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food - service needs worklvsfood2Dined on 9/14/2014The food, as usual was amazing, they change up the menu frequently. Great cheese plate, everything is fresh. Our waiter needs a bit retraining. He never came back to check on our order after serving it, or to see if we wanted anything else. He delivered our check, and the table beside us, without asking about dessert or coffee, etc. We were planning on dessert, theirs are really good. That left us cold, so we left. We had to give our bill to another waiter after waiting 15 minutes, he didn't return. He practically air dropped it on the table as he went by. We will be back, but will avoid his table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service are greatbudliftDined on 9/14/2014The menu choices were very creative without being pretentious. (Like those restaurants that describe their entrees using so many words that only the kitchen staff could understand them). The service was great. I arrived at exactly my reservation time and was seated immediately. My server was handling quite a few tables, but I never felt as though I was looking around for her. Highly recommend and will return.Special Features:
- enjoyablesusiVIPDined on 9/13/2014We loved sitting outside on a beautiful evening and had a good salad and pizza before the Hippodrome. Keep up the good work. I'd like a few more choices on the menu.Special Features:
- Food was good, service so-soSamanthaDined on 9/13/2014This was my second time at Forno and once again the food didn't disappoint. As I waited for my friend to join me for dinner, the waitress filled my water glass, but never asked me if I wanted anything else to drink. After 15 minutes, I finally requested a glass of wine. Once we ordered, our salad and bread appetizers (which were delicious) arrived in a timely manner. But our pizza came before we were halfway done our salads. I don't know if the waitress was new, inexperienced, or just not good, but her lack of attention to detail marred what would have been a great experience and a 5-star rating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014service inconsistent, took 4 asks to get bread, then we ended up with 3 orders.
- Perfect before a ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent food and drink prior to the Hippodrome show. I would recommend highly before a show! Loved the deviled eggs and mussels and pizza! What can I say, loved it all. Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Spot for Theatre DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014Had dinner here with a friend last week before a show at the Hippodrome. Very pleased with food and service. Since I have season tickets to both the Hippodrome and Everyman this year, I'm sure I will be returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJPS1VIPDined on 9/10/2014I was hoping for a good restaurant near the Hippodrome. Oh well. The restaurant has a nice look and feel inside. The wine list is fairly good. Then it went down hill. Our service was the worse I have ever had. To be fair other servers looked to be efficient. After 30 minutes, we had to get up and find another waiter (our waitress was no where to be found) to ask about our food. In another 5-10 minutes we had our first course which should have been preprepared (deviled egg and pickled vegetables). Our waitress did apologize but seemed even more scarce where most would have stepped up for service recovery. She still forgot to place one of our small plate orders. The food is average. If it were better, I'd might consider trying again.
- Forno - A Great Dining ExperienceDebbieDined on 9/10/2014My husband and I went to Forno's for dinner before going to the Hippodrome Theater across the street. It was our first time - but it won't be our last time - dining there. The food was fantastic. He and I both ordered trout, and it was delicious. We ran into four friends who joined us, and all of them complimented their meals. The wine list, while not extensive, was reasonably priced and offered some good choices. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. For those who like mixed drinks, they looked scrumptious, and I heard others raving about them. We were fortunate to be able to get one of the outside tables. Inside looks nice too, but on a good-weather day, I recommend dining out if an outside table is available.Special Features:
- DisappointedMadgeDined on 9/10/2014This is my third visit and likely to be my last. While the kitchen gets some things right, others are just disasters. This visit we tried the deviled eggs which were excellent. One of our group had pizza which was a real salt bomb. The others had "broiled trout with roasted potatoes". The trout was totally plain. The potatoes were awful: purple potato chunks, some of which were barely cooked, along with other unidentifiable vegetables with a strange texture. Added were pine nuts and some kind of rather yukky sauce. A mild pepper sauce on the side was so mild it was just bland. All in all a tasteless dish. So for $25 plus tax and tip, I had deviled eggs and two pieces of trout. Not worth half that amount.Special Features:
- jacklloydDined on 9/6/2014We travel here to the Everyman Theater next door and this was a perfect place to dine before the show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014I went with a few girl friends here before a concert at the Arena (convenient walking distance!). We split 3 pizzas between the four of us so that we could try different kinds. It was plenty of food and AMAZING pizza. It came out hot and fresh. Real cheese. Our favorite was the Artichoke one. YUM. We also loooved the white wine sangria! I work around that area - I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- EnjoyableEatoutDined on 9/4/2014We ate outside and it was very pleasant. I especially enjoyed the artichoke pizza which was really delicious. The waiter was helpful, answering all our questions: description of wine, size of pizza and salad, and preparing a to go box. Outside seating is very convenient t side entrance of Everyman theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another perfect evening at FornotesoromioDined on 8/30/2014We had dined at Forno before and found it quite pleasing. Our experience there this week for dinner, however, exceeded all expectations. The menu was full of new and very creative offerings. Everything we ordered was magnificent and the portions generous. If you're going to see a show at Everyman Theatre or the Hippodrome, Forno is the place you'll want to dine before or after the show.Special Features:
- FORNO - An Opal in the Rough!JimDeeVIPDined on 8/30/2014FORNO is just around the corner from Everyman Theatre n across from the Hippodrome. Excellent Farm Fresh Ingredients. Our Server HOLLY was Wonderful. With her help, we enjoyed the Daily Catch & the Grilled Oysters & Cleos Fried Eggplant. FORNO means Oven so we got the Margherita Pizza which we highly recommend. The Sauteed Mussels were too spicy, lacked a tasty broth, n had choirizo which was like loose ground beef. The Chocolate Cake was disappointing. FORNO is an Opal in the Rough. It's not perfect, but We'll Be Back because We Hope HOLLY will be there, FORNO uses Farm Fresh, and We Found some Great Dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeybee2Dined on 8/29/2014The food quality was uneven, but in general not very flavorful or special. Wouldn't return.
- Good but priceyEat4funDined on 8/28/2014Liked everything about this restaurant, especially the food, but the final tab was a bit high, particularly the bar tab. Otherwise, an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointed!LouJanVIPDined on 8/23/2014We tried Forno because it was close to the Hippodrome. We were not impressed with the food, though. The fried eggplant was heavily breaded, and was cold inside, as though it had been previously frozen. The marinara it was served with was runny and tasteless. Our waitress was apologetic and offered to reheat it. We told her not to bother, because we were not going to eat it anyway. To her credit, they removed that item from the bill, which we did not request. We had the farmers pizza of the day, described as with a pesto sauce, ricotta cheese and mild peppers. Very dry, not much taste at all. More like a minimally dressed flat bread. Drinks were good and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- great for lunchKatnightoutVIPDined on 8/18/2014This is a great addition to the neighborhood. Their pizzas are delicious.Special Features:
- Mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Came for lunch during restaurant week. The ambiance and decor were nice. Food and service were fair at best. Left somewhat disappointed in how mediocre the food was.
- Eat localI8wellDined on 7/30/2014If you are looking for an Inner Harbor restaurant that sources its ingredients from indentified local sources, this place fits the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014I first heard of Forno through the City Paper's Facebook page. They featured their Monday night lobster and one happy hour drink special for $20 so I figured I'd give the place a shot. Upon first entrance I was immediately sold. Forno has a great ambiance...a great space with cozy decor...a farm to table like atmosphere. The happy hour pino noir was delicious served in a generously sized glass. The lobster was good (first time I'd had grilled lobster)...pickled vegetables tasty. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Night is a helluva dealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014Went on Monday for the $20 Lobster & a Pint deal. Lobster comes split, it is steamed and then finished on the grill. Pretty decent size. Also ordered the funghi pizza, the mussels, and the olive oil bread. The bread was a little heavy, but aside from that, everything else was very good. The 4 of us sat at the bar, it seemed like most people there were as well. Greg is a great bartender. I would definitely come back for the lobster.Special Features:
- Delicious!RonaldJeffreysDined on 6/24/2014My boyfriend and I went to Forno for dinner and it was fantastic. The atmosphere was relaxing and inviting. Our waitress was very knowledgable about the menu when we had questions and made great recommendations on what to order. We had to try one of the pizzas and chose the Carne pizza which was recommended by both the waitress and online reviewers. It was so delicious! We were too full but finished it anyway because it was so good. We will absolutely visit Forno again to try the rest of their tasty pizzas.Special Features:
- real findJaniceVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great restaurant for people attending shows at Hippodrome and Everyman Theater. Food was delicious and very creative.Special Features:
- Creative and trendyPhylDined on 6/18/2014Great trendy decor. Love having another option before theater. Liked having small plate options. Curried vegetables were more of a bouillabaisse but good. Duck pickles were interesting but lost their taste on top of the toast points. I love that they have some creative choices and hope they add more. If you want an example of creative menus and restaurants...look to Durham, NC or Tapas Teatro here in Baltimore near the Charles Theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Pre-Theater ChoiceSallyAnnVIPDined on 6/18/2014We like the ambiance and the food is very good. Would like to see changes in the small plate options over time. Pizza is delicious!Special Features:
- Great food, nice place, good peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/17/2014We were surprised by this diamond in the rough. We went "pre-theater" but will go back just to enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJBekAJBekVIPDined on 6/14/2014Great place to go prior to the theater whether the Hippodrome or the Everyman theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Unique & Wonderful ExperienceFornoFanDined on 6/14/2014Outstanding food and service. Serving staff very professional and customer oriented. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-theater diningQuitaVIPDined on 6/13/2014We have started going to Forno before Everyman Theatre performances, and I noticed that some people dining there were going to the Hippodrome. The food was interesting and timely. We have gone back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseSamanthaDined on 6/12/2014We didn't know what to expect from Forno, but gave it a try as a pre-theater option to Alewife. We will definitely go back. The service was good and the decor was fun and relaxing. The food was ok -- not spectacular. The cheese plate appetizer was small for the price and the mixed green salad could use a little more dressing. But the pizza was tasty. It's a good spot for a casual dinner.Special Features:
- Good Fresh FoodMollyDined on 6/10/2014My family came to this restaurant before see Tribes at Everyman theatre. The environment was rustic which was refreshing. The waitress was great at explaining their menu and prompt. We ordered the olives, oysters, and mussels as appetizers. They were all incredibly delicious and filled with flavor. We also ordered the carne and artichoke pizza- both of which were amazing. The thin homemade crust and fresh tomato sauce was perfect. They also did a great job check on timing of food with the time of our show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for pre-theatre mealjdocbaltDined on 6/7/2014Forno is around the corner from Everyman and across the street from the Hippodrome theaters. We had a very nice light meal outdoors before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prior to Hippodrome showOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014Forno has excellent, fresh food, a great wine list, and is right across the street from the Hippodrome. Downside, it's a little pricey.Special Features:
- Hope They Do WellGaranceDined on 6/1/2014This is a very nice addition to an emerging neighborhood. It was rather quiet when we were there, but that was early on a Sunday evening, so perhaps it's more lively at other times. It's an excellent choice if you're seeing a show at the nearby Everyman Theater or the Hippodrome, and there aren't a lot of upscale options nearby. The food was very tasty, the space was attractive, and service was good. My sazerac cocktail and chocolate dessert were the standouts, but everything my friends and I tried was high-quality.Special Features:
- VERY PLEASANT SURPRISEkasspDined on 5/29/2014We ate here before theater and were happily surprised. The wait person was fun without being intrusive. She knew the menu and helped guide us to the best choices. I had the pork dish and loved it. Lots of food. My friends went for the pizzas and said the tomato sauce was tasty. The last friend had the arctic char (like salmon) and he enjoyed it. Would return definitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 80 reviews are from the Forno - Baltimore reviews archive.