4600 N. Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60625Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.forkchicago.net/
- Phone: 7737511500x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday-Saturday: 5:00 -12:00am
Friday - Saturday (bar open until 2am)
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday Lunch: 2:30-4:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Cottini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our Full menu is available
- Private Party Facilities: Dining room available for up to 160
- Private Party Contact: David Byers 7737511500x
- Special Events: Wine Tastings, Beer Dinners, Wine Classes
A word from Fork
FORK in Lincoln Square offers contemporary American cuisine. We have 30 wines by the glass & flight & 150 Craft Beers. Wine flights, Beer Flights, Cheese Flights, comfortable booths and a modern but cozy atmosphere make this new restaurant a great place for a quiet dinner, or just a few drinks after the show.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fork reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (60)great for outdoor dining (35)good for groups (33)great for brunch (31)notable wine list (28)special occasion (26)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (16)romantic (13)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- All-around amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Everything was far above average. The staff was amazing in guiding our dining experience, including the executive chef. would recommend this place for anyone looking for refined food and wine pairingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CJWTDined on 9/24/2014Always tasty and a variety of beverages to choose from. One of my favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place!sarahbDined on 9/22/2014I have been here many times now and am always impressed: with the quality of food, the preference for local or sustainable, with the flexibility of creating your own beer or wine tasting flights. This is a great places to learn beers and wines. The beet and goat cheese salad is fantastic, as are the bacon dates with chorizo and the French charcuterie flight. Also, even when it is very crowded, it is still quiet enough to have conversation without struggling to yell/hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014The food is FANTASTIC! The outdoor seating is nice and the big open windows make indoor seating pleasant as well.Special Features:
- Great wine choicesChikindVIPDined on 9/2/2014Many reasonable and interesting wine choices. Menu somewhat limited. Food good but not exceptional. Service could be more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good before a movie at DaviskktaylorVIPDined on 8/30/2014Fun atmosphere. Out door patio seating and tables at open windows. I also noticed that they have big U-shaped banquettes that are good for 6 people. Service was excellent. The menu is unusual with many locally sourced items. Some dishes we loved and some we didn't. The shrimp is farm raised and has a mushy texture. I wouldn't order it again. They have an unusual plate of pickles that we loved. Also, wine flights and cheese flights. The homemade sausages are excellent.Special Features:
- great fitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I searched fir a good restaurant near a comedy show nearby and I found "Fork". Nice menu, very good service. A little too warm inside. I need to get back to try some other menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/28/2014Love their seasonal menu and local source meat and vegetables. The service is always greatSpecial Features:
- Unassuming but very impressiveSDenzerDined on 8/24/2014Casual atmosphere w/ high end food. Really well done flavor combinations, all presented beautifully. Totally unpretentious ambiance with food that totally impresses. I would have paid much more for pretty much every dish we tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceEddieDined on 8/23/2014Our three-party group truly enjoyed our recent dining experience at Fork. The food was great and our waitress was wonderful, and the reason our overall rating is "outstanding."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MCS1Dined on 8/23/2014We loved this restaurant. Already made reservations for tomorrow night. The wine flights are a great way to taste several wines. The food was amazing in particular the dates and the Mac and cheese. We loved they kept bringing warm clean plates between dishes. WeSpecial Features:
- We'll be backJane24Dined on 8/17/2014We had a charcuterie plate, the duck poutine, and the chorizo-stuffed-bacon-wrapped dates. All were beautifully presented and delicious. It was tough to choose from the menu as so many of the items sounded so good. It was fun sitting inside at an open window so we could people-watch as we ate on this beautiful Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hit and a missHPasDined on 8/16/2014The wine is yummy and the flights are fun. The desserts were disappointing though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Just warm enough to have the A/C on, but it wasn't. And my table wasn't by the window, so it got hot.Special Features:
- One of my go to placesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2014I eat here often. i love the menu and the service is great. My one complaint is that when this restaurant gets really busy the food is inconsistent and its disappointing when you order a favorite item and it isn't up to parSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service the only real misstepRscar1VIPDined on 8/12/2014The host was great. Not that she was awful, but our server was a bit remote, not very warm/welcoming and distant(non-attentive). Our server needs to take a page in guest-facing style from the host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great value!JRobsDined on 8/9/2014Fork is one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago. There are plenty of the trendy items that foodies love as well as classic favorites without the downtown Chicago prices. The staff is always friendly and accommodating, and give great recommendations for both food and drinks. Many of the menu items change seasonally and I have never been disappointed by anything I've tried. They have great oversized booths for small groups and a side room for larger groups. The ambiance is always nice, upbeat but not too loud. If you're looking for something on the lighter side, Fork has an extensive cheese and charcuterie menu with options for parings or creating your own combinations. One of the great gems of Lincoln Square!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't buy the hypeOmegaSDDined on 8/7/2014This was my second visit ever, and I was rather disappointed. My girlfriend had been recently and said the service was not good along with pricey though decent food, but I thought I'd give it another shot. We dined with my parents and things started okay. The server was friendly and helped with recommending drinks and food choices. However, the waiter forgot to put in my order with the others, so I only received it when literally everyone else was ready for desert. I ordered the salmon special but found it quite bland (the sides were good though). I expected more from a place that is so hyped and priced as such. It's probably good for drinks, as their selection of wines and beers is good, but I honestly don't think I'll go back for dining.Special Features:
- Good spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Food was really good, we were a bit rushed on occasion by an over-zealous wait staff but all in all a good place. Great for sharing small plates, etc.Special Features:
- First Timeer and Happy!FaceVIPDined on 7/22/2014We came in for a late bite after having found the place on OT. We were both very happy to discover this great spot. Great wine list with cool flight options, same for the charcuterie and cheese. Great menu, and friendly service. The bartender was taking care of us and he was super nice and helpful. Thanks! We'll be back.....Special Features:
- Great BrunchSSSADined on 7/20/2014Didn't know anything about Fork. Found it by chance looking for a midway point for a family brunch with my adulT kids who live in the city. Reviews looked good and they took reservations. It was a beautiful day and Lincoln Square was bustling - great neighborhood. Got seated promptly. Service was excellent. Between the 6 of us we were able to have the Hangover cure, chicken and waffles, chiliquias (sp?) and a few others. Food was excellent. Ambiance was very nice. Windows were open to the sidewalk and our table was very comfortable. I'll be back and will allow extra time to enjoy the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great room for summer diningDiscriminateDinerVIPDined on 7/17/2014Went here for a casual Thursday nite dinner on a beautiful summer night in Chicago. Loved that the walls/doors slide open giving you an outdoor feel in the dining room. We chose the dining room over the sidewalk, because the tables are very close on the sidewalk and there is no privacy between tables. The eggplant caviar smear is exceptional, the buratta smear with the tomato jam is not to be missed, the mussels were tender and flavorful and the broth was great! The fresh ham on the Fork flight, was more fat than meat and when we mentioned it to the waiter, it was replaced with excellent ham within minutes. We also had wine flights which were good as well.
- I'd go backnledVIPDined on 7/12/2014Mussels were suberb. Butterscotch pot du creme worth the calories. Everything we ordered was tasty, cooked well and presented well.Special Features:
- nice neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/20/2014Wanted to get away from the River North/West Loop scene and somewhere more "neighborhood" - we found it! VERY good food (small plates) and good casual atmosphere. Good out door seating too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant gone badIh2kpmVIPDined on 6/20/2014This used to be one of our favorites. The food and service are still terrific, but the noise level was unbelievably high. There were more kids in the place than we've ever seen there before. We asked to be re-seated because we couldn't carry on a conversation. We will probably not return.
- AMAZING!!JillDined on 6/17/2014This restaurant is an absolute gem in the Chicago area. We ordered a couple wine flights and assortment of small plates and flatbreads. Everything was beautifully presented and, even better, tasted wonderful. Service was excellent and the ambiance was cozy. We closed the place down and no one pushed us out. The check was extremely reasonable for all that we ordered. Will return often when in Chicago!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fathers' Day brunchblueskiesDined on 6/15/2014Our large intergenerational party had a wonderful brunch at Fork on Fathers' Day. The brunch offerings appealed to our variety of tastes. Everything was delicious. Special kudos for the eggs benedict florentine, the chicken and waffles, and the bacon-wrapped dates. The fact that there were so many families in the restaurant is a tribute to the welcoming style of a spot that is also very appealing to adults, with its extensive and thoughtful wine, beer and cocktail lists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem!ChitowngirlVIPDined on 6/15/2014Great service, great food! For brunch, I usually get one of the scrambles or chilaquiles. However, the eggs benedict is great, as well.Special Features:
- Fun girls night before a show!Emmykins132000Dined on 6/14/2014We went here before seeing a concert down at Old Town School of Folk Music and had a few drinks and dinner. We just ordered a bunch of things and shared, everything was great especially the poutine! The sidecar drink was to die for and the bartender even made a mommytini for my pregnant friend. We sat outsider and it was a beautiful night. Will definitely visit again!Special Features:
- Too saltyDinerDined on 6/14/2014Everything was over salted, and mediocre at best. I had the duck club, and it was mostly bread. The flat bread pizzza was unexceptional. The beer list is extensive, but the glasses were small.
- 2nd timeJNJ4DINDined on 6/12/2014Just as good as the first time I visited. Service was great. Not over bering, but there when we needed him.Food was great and the overall price for two people including dinner and drinks was right in the wheel house .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Lincoln Square WinnerEatOutNowVIPDined on 6/10/2014Impressive beer and wine list paired with wonderfully creative and delicious menu options topped off with friendly and attentive service made for a very enjoyable dinner for 6. We tried half of the menu and there were no regrets. Even though we were stuffed, we tried two of their dessert selections and scraped the plates clean. Easy street parking and outdoor seating make this a real neighborhood gem. Obviously the feeling is shared by many because it was very lively for a rainy Tuesday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming backGreekpeterVIPDined on 6/7/2014Fork is our go-to restaurant in the Lincoln Square neighborhood. The food is always top-notch and the ingredients are fresh, thanks to the great work by Chef Tim. Service is excellent, and the extensive selection of beers and wines allows for many creative pairings. We had the pike special and it was exceptional. We started with an appetizer of mussels and finished with desserts (mine was the apple pie/cobbler and my wife had the pudding with butterscotch. On other occasions, we start with the mushroom and grits, which is the best outside of the south and better than most in the south. Another favorite is the poutine. The Quebecois may object, but it much tastier than anything that we ate in Quebec. As for kids, the staff makes it easy.Special Features:
- The following 732 reviews are from the Fork reviews archive.
- Best brunch in town!TravelGirlVIPDined on 6/1/2014With a great energetic and innovative chef, Fork continues to improve, innovate and amaze. We started brunch by sitting on the patio & enjoying house Bloody Mary's - strong and flavorful - with nice accompaniments. First came the house donuts - this week's flavored with Stout and covered with powdered sugar. Excellent! French toast, chicken/waffles & eggs benedict were prepared as ordered and came with sides of bacon, cooked absolutely to perfection. The bagel and lox were fresh & came with correct amounts of capers, tomato and egg. Service was excellent with the entire staff helpful, efficient & friendly. Finishing brunch w/sorbet & crème brulee was just the right touch, both light & flavorful. A fun, enjoyable brunch experience. A+!!Special Features:
- Great waiterJMarcDined on 5/17/2014the waiter was hot! and friendly + had extensive knowledge of wines which we greatly appreciated.Special Features:
- Great Foodcsr2006Dined on 5/16/2014We regularly go back to Fork. It has a fantastic menu and great location. The owner is almost always there--definitely takes pride in his business and strives to provide high quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodBradDined on 5/12/2014I have now been to Fork with groups on two occasions and each time have been surprised by just how creative and tasty the food is. Even though Fork is a little inconvenient for me, I will continue to look for opportunities to go there. We must have tried at least 10 different small and large plates and each one was excellent.Special Features:
- mother's day munchchick4VIPDined on 5/11/2014Fork is a very pretty restaurant in a great location. I was weary of the mother's day brunch prior to going and I wish I would have waited to go there when I could order off the menu; the food might have been better. There were a lot of items on the brunch set up and you could order one of three omelets but I did not enjoy the food very much. the line to get food was very long and service was a bit slow. I realize it was mother's day a very busy day, but still I was not thrilled at all with this brunch.Special Features:
- Delightful Dinner SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2014Can't be beat in the Lincoln Square neighborhood, especially when the weather is nice. Ample outdoor seating, plus with the bay windows open, the inside tables feel like you're outside. Great beer list. Very strong beer list. Interesting food choices--deliciously prepared. Service with a smile. We like everything about the place--we've made three recent visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- No sacrifice timing for foodRedPandaDined on 5/10/2014Drinks and dinner before an Old Town show. Fantastic wine and beer collection, less so on cocktails. Bartender had never heard of White Port cocktail but she did pretty good job with my instruction. Mussels meh. Rest of small plates excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.