4600 N. Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60625Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.forkchicago.net/
- Phone: (773) 751-1500
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday-Saturday: 5:00 -12:00am
Friday - Saturday (bar open until 2am)
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday Lunch: 2:30-4:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Cottini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our Full menu is available
- Private Party Facilities: Dining room available for up to 160
- Private Party Contact: David Byers 7737511500x
- Special Events: Wine Tastings, Beer Dinners, Wine Classes
A word from Fork
FORK in Lincoln Square offers contemporary American cuisine. We have 30 wines by the glass & flight & 150 Craft Beers. Wine flights, Beer Flights, Cheese Flights, comfortable booths and a modern but cozy atmosphere make this new restaurant a great place for a quiet dinner, or just a few drinks after the show.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fork reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)fit for foodies (72)good for groups (43)notable wine list (36)special occasion (32)great for brunch (30)great for outdoor dining (22)romantic (21)great for lunch (17)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- yumtastic and funtastyDined on 11/14/2014Our group came to eat dinner with reservations ato 8, but they were able to seat us earluer. We were given a great table at the back dining room, by the window. We ordered multiple appetizers, and a few drinks to start. The drink orders came out pretty fast, and the soups followed shortly thereafter. The food was delicious, prepared in a very cozy kitchen. The presentation was beautiful. The only complaint I would have is that the muscles were exceptionally small - but that was not a deterrent for us. The steak was great, and the putthine fries were incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing- just amazingrabbit1004Dined on 11/10/2014Came here for dinner with friends from out of town as we'd been here before and loved it- Monday night was much quieter than a weekend of course, but food did NOT disappoint!!! I had the mushroom and grits, husband had the duck club, friends had the half chicken and mussels. Every dish was perfect. Amazing...........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchLouieDined on 11/9/2014They were 40 minutes late to sitting us, after we made a reservation for brunch at 11am. Someone the manager knew took our table so we had to wait. Unprofessional, however the food was good.
- Good food, good beerIPAladyDined on 11/8/2014Overall, Fork was a great experience. We got several things to share, and they had a good beer list. The only thing I didn't like was that we were sat at a 2 person table along a wall, and between two large groups of 5-6 people. I know lots of places seat like this, but it's my least favorite. In any case, I'd happily return if I was in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great FoodCheekvineDined on 11/8/2014Front room is better for groups and families early, back room better for a date night, but not many two seaters back there. We ended up just sitting at the bar and had a great time. Bartender was knowledgable, personable and made really great recommendations. Everything we tried was delicious. Wine by glass was very good, but definitely food pairing wine which is exactly what you want in this atmosphere. Beer list was fantastic as well. Overall, we would go back and take our girls if it was earlier or a group of 4-6 for a booth for a fun foodie night out. Cheers ForkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014Fork was the perfect location for my late 20's birthday party! They accommodated our group of 12 wonderfully, even when we were there for an hour after closing. In addition to great service the food and beer flights were delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Delicious!maddieblueDined on 11/2/2014My partner and I ate at Fork before a concert at Old Town. It was crowded and quite loud, but the service was very good, the beer and wine lists were extensive, and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Fork Youlive2eatDined on 11/2/2014Unique root vegetable hash was full of seasonal tastes, but not overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good. Not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2014Food was good but not good enough to compensate the lackluster service. Server wasn't rude, but wasn't pleasant either. He seemed more interested in the Bulls game on TV at the bar, and overall not very attentive. Place wasn't even full on a Fri night. Will likely visit other restaurants in 'hood where I know I can get great food and great service.
- Never disappointedGrannyDined on 10/27/2014Love tapas style dining: highlights were roasted root vegetable hash, crab cake sliders, beef medaillons, and lamb sausage flatbreadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite spotsusanlee07Dined on 10/25/2014Fork has become one of my favorite spots in Chicago. Terrific beer list, food has always been outstanding, love the ambiance, friendly service, always very happy after I leave here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific food, ambiencegerlevDined on 10/18/2014Since I regularly attend shows at the Old Town School of Folk Music, I am often in Lincoln Square for dinner. Fork is consistently excellent--superior pub food-excellent quality, great presentation, superb service, great atmosphere. Terrific beer and wine lists. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/16/2014We live in the neighborhood and keep returning. The service is great and we enjoy the selection of beer and wine. The regular menu offerings are always good, including a variety of mussel dishes and flatbreads.Special Features:
- Meh...DJFFVIPDined on 10/15/2014I want to like this place. We've tried a few times but after this visit, we will not be back. Host staff is consistently rude. Server had NO grasp of the wine menu. Her wine knowledge extended to "Argentina wines are usually spicy!!!" We requested spicy, full body and ended up with a fruity malbec. I guess she was wrong about Argentina. Tables are crammed together but they always refuse to open the back room. It's all the same restaurant - I never understand this. For $100 we got dry brisket, an average chicken burger, a fruity Malbec and below average service. Won't be back again.
- Loved it!LovesitDined on 10/14/2014This place is great! Yummy drinks of all sorts. Great wine and beer flights!Special Features:
- Delicious, as usualDaveinChicagoVIPDined on 10/11/2014We brought a friend visiting from New York. We enjoyed the salmon special while he opted for the beef burger. Everything was great but the garlic cilantro fries were a very big hit. The salmon and the burger were cooked perfectly. Our server, Nico, was a delight as always -- attentive, friendly, fun, but not intrusive. We had a great meal (again!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time for dinnerLemecquiaimelevinDined on 10/11/2014I had been here for brunch before, but hadn't for dinner. Service was great, food was pretty good, though the bf had heartburn from something he ate the rest of the night. Overall, enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeeLeeDined on 10/10/2014Service by Adam S was outstanding. Food was very tasty. Would definitely go back again. Great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotPadCDined on 10/5/2014As always, friendly service and unbeatable wine choices. The zucchini "spaghetti" was a great surprise. Perfect for pre-show at the Old Town School of Folk Music or a casual night of wine flights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-around amazingGoinOutIsCityLifeDined on 9/26/2014Everything was far above average. The staff was amazing in guiding our dining experience, including the executive chef. would recommend this place for anyone looking for refined food and wine pairingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CJWTDined on 9/24/2014Always tasty and a variety of beverages to choose from. One of my favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place!sarahbDined on 9/22/2014I have been here many times now and am always impressed: with the quality of food, the preference for local or sustainable, with the flexibility of creating your own beer or wine tasting flights. This is a great places to learn beers and wines. The beet and goat cheese salad is fantastic, as are the bacon dates with chorizo and the French charcuterie flight. Also, even when it is very crowded, it is still quiet enough to have conversation without struggling to yell/hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014The food is FANTASTIC! The outdoor seating is nice and the big open windows make indoor seating pleasant as well.Special Features:
- Great wine choicesChikindVIPDined on 9/2/2014Many reasonable and interesting wine choices. Menu somewhat limited. Food good but not exceptional. Service could be more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good before a movie at DaviskktaylorVIPDined on 8/30/2014Fun atmosphere. Out door patio seating and tables at open windows. I also noticed that they have big U-shaped banquettes that are good for 6 people. Service was excellent. The menu is unusual with many locally sourced items. Some dishes we loved and some we didn't. The shrimp is farm raised and has a mushy texture. I wouldn't order it again. They have an unusual plate of pickles that we loved. Also, wine flights and cheese flights. The homemade sausages are excellent.Special Features:
- great fitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I searched fir a good restaurant near a comedy show nearby and I found "Fork". Nice menu, very good service. A little too warm inside. I need to get back to try some other menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/28/2014Love their seasonal menu and local source meat and vegetables. The service is always greatSpecial Features:
- Unassuming but very impressiveSDenzerDined on 8/24/2014Casual atmosphere w/ high end food. Really well done flavor combinations, all presented beautifully. Totally unpretentious ambiance with food that totally impresses. I would have paid much more for pretty much every dish we tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceEddieDined on 8/23/2014Our three-party group truly enjoyed our recent dining experience at Fork. The food was great and our waitress was wonderful, and the reason our overall rating is "outstanding."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MCS1Dined on 8/23/2014We loved this restaurant. Already made reservations for tomorrow night. The wine flights are a great way to taste several wines. The food was amazing in particular the dates and the Mac and cheese. We loved they kept bringing warm clean plates between dishes. WeSpecial Features:
- We'll be backJane24Dined on 8/17/2014We had a charcuterie plate, the duck poutine, and the chorizo-stuffed-bacon-wrapped dates. All were beautifully presented and delicious. It was tough to choose from the menu as so many of the items sounded so good. It was fun sitting inside at an open window so we could people-watch as we ate on this beautiful Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hit and a missHPasDined on 8/16/2014The wine is yummy and the flights are fun. The desserts were disappointing though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Just warm enough to have the A/C on, but it wasn't. And my table wasn't by the window, so it got hot.Special Features:
- One of my go to placesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2014I eat here often. i love the menu and the service is great. My one complaint is that when this restaurant gets really busy the food is inconsistent and its disappointing when you order a favorite item and it isn't up to parSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service the only real misstepRscar1VIPDined on 8/12/2014The host was great. Not that she was awful, but our server was a bit remote, not very warm/welcoming and distant(non-attentive). Our server needs to take a page in guest-facing style from the host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great value!JRobsDined on 8/9/2014Fork is one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago. There are plenty of the trendy items that foodies love as well as classic favorites without the downtown Chicago prices. The staff is always friendly and accommodating, and give great recommendations for both food and drinks. Many of the menu items change seasonally and I have never been disappointed by anything I've tried. They have great oversized booths for small groups and a side room for larger groups. The ambiance is always nice, upbeat but not too loud. If you're looking for something on the lighter side, Fork has an extensive cheese and charcuterie menu with options for parings or creating your own combinations. One of the great gems of Lincoln Square!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't buy the hypeOmegaSDDined on 8/7/2014This was my second visit ever, and I was rather disappointed. My girlfriend had been recently and said the service was not good along with pricey though decent food, but I thought I'd give it another shot. We dined with my parents and things started okay. The server was friendly and helped with recommending drinks and food choices. However, the waiter forgot to put in my order with the others, so I only received it when literally everyone else was ready for desert. I ordered the salmon special but found it quite bland (the sides were good though). I expected more from a place that is so hyped and priced as such. It's probably good for drinks, as their selection of wines and beers is good, but I honestly don't think I'll go back for dining.Special Features:
- The following 747 reviews are from the Fork reviews archive.
- Good spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Food was really good, we were a bit rushed on occasion by an over-zealous wait staff but all in all a good place. Great for sharing small plates, etc.Special Features:
- First Timeer and Happy!FaceVIPDined on 7/22/2014We came in for a late bite after having found the place on OT. We were both very happy to discover this great spot. Great wine list with cool flight options, same for the charcuterie and cheese. Great menu, and friendly service. The bartender was taking care of us and he was super nice and helpful. Thanks! We'll be back.....Special Features:
- Great BrunchSSSADined on 7/20/2014Didn't know anything about Fork. Found it by chance looking for a midway point for a family brunch with my adulT kids who live in the city. Reviews looked good and they took reservations. It was a beautiful day and Lincoln Square was bustling - great neighborhood. Got seated promptly. Service was excellent. Between the 6 of us we were able to have the Hangover cure, chicken and waffles, chiliquias (sp?) and a few others. Food was excellent. Ambiance was very nice. Windows were open to the sidewalk and our table was very comfortable. I'll be back and will allow extra time to enjoy the neighborhood.Special Features: