306 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.forkrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2156259425x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11am- 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eli Kulp
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you are planning a business meeting for 6, a simple dinner party for 12, or cocktail reception for 50, Fork can handle all the details necessary to make your next special occasion a huge success! Our catering staff strives to tailor our services to your needs and is dedicated to bringing to your event the same quality & sophistication that our restaurant is known.
- Special Events: Check out upcoming events at forkrestaurant.com!
- Cross Street: 3rd
- Public Transit: Septa Bus Lines 42 & 17, 3rd Street
Septa Regional Rail, Market East Station
Market-Frankford El, 2nd Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking convenient to the restaurant: -The Bourse Parking Lot: 400 Ranstead (4th between Market & Chestnut) $6.50 with validation
A word from Fork Restaurant
Fork, acclaimed for its contemporary American cuisine for over 15 years, features 2014 Food & Wine Best New Chef Eli Kulp’s inventive-but approachable menu inspired by the region’s finest produce, seafood and meat as well as the area's deep history. Part of Fork's allure is its hip, stylish, sophisticated interior, where the dining experience is anything but stuffy and uncomfortable. Fork's hand-painted chandelier shades catch your eye as you look above the cast-concrete bar. Modern contemporary murals painted by Anthony DeMelas accentuate the height of the ceilings. Since opening, Fork has received the praise of many local and national publications, including the New York Times, USA Today, Town and Country, Food and Wine, Wine Spectator, Zagat's and Gourmet. Fork has received 15 Best of Philly awards from Philadelphia Magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fork Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (182)special occasion (134)romantic (82)neighborhood gem (74)notable wine list (67)hot spot (52)vibrant bar scene (30)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (19)good for groups (17)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Tasting Menu ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My husband and I chose the Tasting Menu. Let's just say that we didn't leave hungry. Besides the four courses, we were presented with many small surprises in between each course. Our wait staff was a team effort. Coming from out of town, we were glad we dined at Fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableDrBowTieDined on 10/15/2014Every aspect of the dining experience was superb. Highly attentive service, with just the right balance of respectfulness and friendliness. Every single dish was outstanding. Most memorable (for me, at least, if not for my wife) was the grilled sweetbreads appetizer. It's hard to find sweetbreads on menus these days, and these were the best. As was the bronzini, lobster, burrata, and pastas. Can't wait to get back to Fork.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Cooking and quality of ingredients were excellent. Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceJaniceDined on 10/9/2014Dining at Fork was very disappointing. Our drinks had to be sent back as they were watered down (we could see them being made), the noise level was off the charts and we could barely hear ourselves over the background noise. We were 8 minutes early for our 6 pm reservation but made to wait at the bar (no one was sitting at any of the dining tables) so we could purchase drinks, I'm sure. The food was good but marginal. After reading all the good reviews about Fork, this was a very bad experience and not one we will be repeating.
- Second time here since 4 years agoKMinArlingtonVADined on 10/8/2014Still a good choice for our staff get-away dinner from the convention center meeting. All of us enjoyed our meals, and service was great. Thanks, Fork!Special Features:
- Nice surprise in PhillyJuliusDined on 10/4/2014We were lucky to have stayed near Fork on a weekend trip, and decided on a whim to make a reservation: we weren't disappointed! Nice setup, very friendly staff, and a barman who took time to be very creative with a very good mocktail. Food is very high quality, not pretentious and very well made. It's easy to see why the Chef has won many recent accolades and so has the proprietor who came to check in with us. Overall very good and will certainly visit again the next time we are in Philly.Special Features:
- OutstandingCarolVIPDined on 10/1/2014Fork is definitely one of the best restaurants in the city. I have dined there on many occasions and it seems to get better and better every time. I never liked duck but my husband convinced me to try it since it's the best he's ever had. I was blown away. Amazing how they prepared the duck into a number of different dishes and the taste of each was incredible and unique. Everything was top notch and absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Fresh and Fabulouspassion4fdVIPDined on 10/1/2014This is truly one of the best restaurants in Philadelphia now. We got the "tasting" menu and also were surprised with many additional bites from the chef. The food was fresh, well prepared, beautifully seasoned. We loved all the interesting bread courses (cheese stuffed pretzel bites and squid ink bread, etc) The sliced and roasted cauliflower was spectacular as was the pici black and white pasta. Everyone at our table consumed almost every bite and what we could not finish we took home in order to continue the feast the next day. Highly recommend to all foodies. Chef and kitchen did a great job. Waiter also steered us well in our wine selections.Special Features:
- Been there twiceAlwaysDiningOutVIPDined on 10/1/2014Food is good each time. Wine list very interesting. But both times the main waiter (Tom this time) could not have been more condescending to down right offensive. Monica was great and the other servers were refreshing. Only other ding was attention to detail that - thanks to Tom - allergies of a guest were not attended to even after reminders. Again staff other than Tom were great. Avoid him if you want enjoyable dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh so goodCristyDined on 9/27/2014Atmosphere: decor was very nice, we weren't too cramped, and the noise wasn't overpowering for a busy Saturday night Food: the pasta was to die for. The branzino had a crust on it like nothing i've ever seen, and the rice cakes were great and crispy too. The Colorado lamb comes 3 ways - the loin was perfectly cooked Service: some of the best I've had. Just really polite and knowledgeable and pleasant. Really made the experience special. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Food heaventhehappycoupleDined on 9/26/2014The food was amazing. We should have restrained ourselves but really couldn't. Loved the vibrant atmosphere and service - only space a little tight (to be expected I guess) and a sofa seat that was a little too low and soft. But it was all minor stuff - the food, the food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The food, the service, the location, everything was great. Romantic atmosphere. One thing I didn't like too much was that the tables were so crammed into each other. The couple sitting next to us was about a foot away. Other than that, my partner and I both enjoyed it a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemyDined on 9/25/2014Service is spot on. Fast or leisure service, customer makes the call waiter accommodates. Plenty of good wines by the glass to pair with each of your chosen dishes. Food is creative and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFoodsfunDined on 9/24/2014$75 tasting menu is the way to go. Everything was outstanding and the bread service is a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalCallyfrogVIPDined on 9/18/2014First time here & we are still talking about our meal there 3 days later. Food very eclectic so we were out of our comfort zone & so glad we were. Had the smoked beet appetizer & the veal & tuna carpaccio. Outstanding. Followed with the lasagna & ravioli. Again, outstanding. Service was great, presentation a feast for the eyes & the taste was beyond compare. Definitely a new favorite restaurant & will definitely be going back. Next time for the tasting menu. Worth the price even though on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fork only gets better and better!SlowfoodjackDined on 9/16/2014Warm, welcoming, and knowledgeable waitstaff. Every course is carefully crafted and presented. The Muscovy Duck special for two was unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not much bang for the buckFordfoodieDined on 9/15/2014Have to say, after hearing all the great things about Fork, I was somewhat disappointed. Despite high recommendations by the waitstaff, I thought our meal was pretty mediocre- and for those prices, it should be exceptional.Special Features:
- rdmlDined on 9/14/2014Good food, beautiful presentation, comfortable atmosphere. Sunday brunch especially enjoyable with good variety of selections. Perfect for our group of 8.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKSjennylsuDined on 9/13/2014We chose Fork because we had hear that it was reinvented, breathtaking, hauntingly good, and all that jazz under chef Eli Kulp. We did the tasting menu, and the extra bread dish, a muse boche, and dessert were very nice touches; however, not a single dish could be described as reinvented, hauntingly good, or breathtaking. Each dish was simply ok. Simply nothing to write home about or pay over $200 for.Special Features:
- Unremarkable flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014It was our first time there. Went there based on friends' recommendations. Tried the Chef's tasting "off the menu". The flavors, while attempting at uniqueness, was lacking boldness or personality. The plum soup was just sweet, the shrimp tasted like just grilled shrimp. Peach wine was unremarkable. The pasta was good, but predictable carbonara flavor. The pork tenderloin was lacking any flavor, and the fried "rind" did not add any flavor to the dish. Overall, we were satisfied but felt there should have been more protein entree other than the shrimp and pork.
- High hopes dashedCarolVIPDined on 9/12/2014This dinner was a big deal. We flew across the country for a quick visit with friends who were in Philly from Italy for chemo at U of Penn. I researched special restaurants & explained the situation in advance. Our Italian friends are foodies- they run a culinary tour business. Fork is beautiful, the bialies were wonderful. Unfortunately, it fell off. Our friends ordered the fish "en croute" & one requested no butter. The waiter forgot to mention this to the chef (wow- at this level of restaurant, we were really surprised). It was actually fried fish with lots of butter, not baked in a crust at all. She wound up not ordering anything. The pappardelle and swordfish were wonderful though. Mainly, the service wasn't warm or friendly. Bummer.Special Features:
- Special Dinner in PhiladelphiaDukeParentDined on 9/11/2014We were a group of 6 women celebrating the end of a long training week. Right after we arrived and were seated, a nicer table came available due to a cancellation and they very generously moved us to that location. One of our diners was gluten-free and they very patiently answered all of her questions and even brought her special gluten free bread to enjoy (while the rest of us got to eat the extremely yummy bread offerings that came inbetween all the courses). I have to say that the bread alone is worth the visit. However, all the other dishes were also excellent and the waitstaff and everyone at the restaurant went out of their way to make our evening enjoyable. I would definitely return. It is worth a visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food was overpriced and not good at all. Too expensive and not worth it.
- Impressive, Incredible, & DELICIOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Fork came highly recommended! It proved to be so much more! Great Staff, ambiance, and most importantly the food! My friend and I tried a number of dishes which all came out at the perfect time. In between each meal we were served smalls bites as if they were palate cleansers which made us both excited for what was next! Highly recommend the tasting menu for the full affect of all the restaurant has to offer. I never do write ups, but for Fork...it is well deserved! Hands now my favorite restaurant on the East Coast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulVeritasDined on 8/29/2014Superb experience from start to finish. The food was all-world and the chef came to speak to us after we wrote him a note complimenting the food. Our kids purchased a gift card for us, and a small mix up ensued. The Fork staff could not have been more helpful in working to get it resolved.Special Features:
- slight declineHungryGirlVIPDined on 8/27/2014Service was still excellent but food has declined in quality since the recent rating. (Visited five times, 3 before and twice after the accolades.) While Still a wonderful place for dinner. not truly exceptional. I hope they get their game back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerMarkerDined on 8/27/2014Fork's dining room is appealing and comfortable with an open kitchen. Service was helpful, friendly and attentive, although the up-sell to the house price fixe menu was a little strong. We chose to order a la carte. The summer salad was excellent, and the smoked yellow beets with oysters were even better. The lamb, prepared three ways was outstanding. The Amish chicken also got high marks. The wine list is relatively short but with many interesting and thoughtful selections. It is some on the expensive side. The coconut custard dessert was interesting but seemed to have too many flavors going on at once. Great restaurant...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent & EclecticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014Outstanding meal selected from a very diverse menu. We enjoyed each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food in Old CitykrzwVIPDined on 8/26/2014I have never been disappointed when I've eaten at Fork and I've been there more times than I can count. The food is absolutely delicious. Just expect to spend some money as it's not inexpensive, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- Dinner at ForkSailorDined on 8/25/2014This was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. The food was exceptional and the service impeccable.Special Features:
- Great Dinner in Old CityBruinsRuleVIPDined on 8/24/2014Special occasion noted on reservation. Staff acknowledged event at seating & during meal. Quiet for a Sunday night. Nicely decorated space, w/ large central bar & open kitchen in rear. Both tried the tasting menu. Felt it was reasonable @ $75/person ($14 up-charge for steak seemed high). Interesting flavor combinations (particularly mint & fennel). I loved it, but might not appeal to all. Picked our own App, Pasta, Main & Dessert w/ several chef selections. Waitress Lisa knew the menu & described it well. Amish chicken was FABULOUS. Incredibly tender. Branzino also excellent. Fennel Papardelle was very tasty with tender pork ragu. Stone fruit consomme was very refreshing. Scallop crudo was excellent. Outstanding farm to table experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out in Philly.RandDsreviewDined on 8/24/2014Big on service, big on presentation, BIG on price. Small on servings. The food was very good but portions were small. I would return and recommend this restaurant, however it would probably only be for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, but...gooseDined on 8/24/2014The food was really tasty, but some of the dishes were overly salty. And I'm not sure that I'd go back simply from a cost perspective. $150 + tip for brunch for 4 seems a bit excessive, even for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedHangryDined on 8/23/2014Went there for my wife's birthday and from the very moment we walked in it felt special. Our server, Andrew, was very good. As a former server I tend the notice the little things and Andrew nailed them. For example, when he approached the table he noticed we had already started looking at the food menu instead of drinks and jumped right in with, "I see you are looking at dinner already, can I tell you about this menu?" instead of what I normally encounter, the "You need to drink alcohol now because we make a ton of money up-selling booze" pitch. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!hdhpnh1002Dined on 8/22/2014Went for my wife's birthday. Our waiter was very knowledgeable, especially with the wine list. He talked us into the house pre fixe menu with random chefs offerings, which gave us a chance to try new food/flavors. Very impressed with the restaurant and staff's professionalism. Would recommend to friends/family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressiveJenniferVIPDined on 8/22/2014It generally takes a lot to impress me and Fork did just that. I had the "Our Terroir" tasting menu and it was just perfect. I also appreciate the fact that they had half bottles of wine on their wine list. May I recommend th Rex Hill, Willamette Valley, Pinot Noir it complemented the tasting menu well.Special Features:
- Personality!MartiniGirlDined on 8/22/2014Yes, this place has lots of personality from the unique food, to the friendly and helpful waiters to the awesome bartender. We really enjoyed the food although I will admit a couple if the small plates didn't quite measure up but it was fun and most of the plates were absolutely selish and all were beautiful. It was a great way to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!AndrewoutandboutDined on 8/21/2014I was a frequent dinner at fork for some time - haven't been back in many months. This go around my dining partner Had the "Our Terroir" tasting menu with the wine paring. Creative, innovative, and just downright good! I really enjoyed the experience. This is a foodie place - service was wonderful and staff was extremely friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans Win!BritTenVIPDined on 8/20/2014I have been dining at Fork on and off for the last decade. Mostly brunch with an occasional dinner here and there. My last dining experience at Fork was phenomenal and only 2 days later I can not wait to return. The re-invented menu is a masterpiece by Chef Kulp. Holding true to the regions wide diversity of foraged, vegetables and meat/poultry sensations. It is simply one of the best restaurants in Philadelphia and with the past years accolades possible the USA!Special Features:
- Excellent in every wayVeganFanDined on 8/20/2014Fork just keeps getting better. The food is creative, fresh, and delicious and every meal I've had over the past 15 years has been excellent. My most recent was perhaps the best. I can't recommend this highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.