306 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.forkrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2156259425x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11am- 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eli Kulp
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you are planning a business meeting for 6, a simple dinner party for 12, or cocktail reception for 50, Fork can handle all the details necessary to make your next special occasion a huge success! Our catering staff strives to tailor our services to your needs and is dedicated to bringing to your event the same quality & sophistication that our restaurant is known.
- Special Events: Check out upcoming events at forkrestaurant.com!
- Cross Street: 3rd
- Public Transit: Septa Bus Lines 42 & 17, 3rd Street
Septa Regional Rail, Market East Station
Market-Frankford El, 2nd Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking convenient to the restaurant: -The Bourse Parking Lot: 400 Ranstead (4th between Market & Chestnut) $6.50 with validation
A word from Fork Restaurant
Fork, acclaimed for its contemporary American cuisine for over 15 years, features 2014 Food & Wine Best New Chef Eli Kulp’s inventive-but approachable menu inspired by the region’s finest produce, seafood and meat as well as the area's deep history. Part of Fork's allure is its hip, stylish, sophisticated interior, where the dining experience is anything but stuffy and uncomfortable. Fork's hand-painted chandelier shades catch your eye as you look above the cast-concrete bar. Modern contemporary murals painted by Anthony DeMelas accentuate the height of the ceilings. Since opening, Fork has received the praise of many local and national publications, including the New York Times, USA Today, Town and Country, Food and Wine, Wine Spectator, Zagat's and Gourmet. Fork has received 15 Best of Philly awards from Philadelphia Magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fork Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
244 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (194)special occasion (140)romantic (94)notable wine list (84)neighborhood gem (79)hot spot (44)vibrant bar scene (27)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (18)good for groups (17)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- slight declineOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/27/2014Service was still excellent but food has declined in quality since the recent rating. (Visited five times, 3 before and twice after the accolades.) While Still a wonderful place for dinner. not truly exceptional. I hope they get their game back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerMarkerDined on 8/27/2014Fork's dining room is appealing and comfortable with an open kitchen. Service was helpful, friendly and attentive, although the up-sell to the house price fixe menu was a little strong. We chose to order a la carte. The summer salad was excellent, and the smoked yellow beets with oysters were even better. The lamb, prepared three ways was outstanding. The Amish chicken also got high marks. The wine list is relatively short but with many interesting and thoughtful selections. It is some on the expensive side. The coconut custard dessert was interesting but seemed to have too many flavors going on at once. Great restaurant...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent & EclecticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014Outstanding meal selected from a very diverse menu. We enjoyed each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food in Old CitykrzwVIPDined on 8/26/2014I have never been disappointed when I've eaten at Fork and I've been there more times than I can count. The food is absolutely delicious. Just expect to spend some money as it's not inexpensive, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- Dinner at ForkOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014This was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. The food was exceptional and the service impeccable.Special Features:
- Great Dinner in Old CityBruinsRuleVIPDined on 8/24/2014Special occasion noted on reservation. Staff acknowledged event at seating & during meal. Quiet for a Sunday night. Nicely decorated space, w/ large central bar & open kitchen in rear. Both tried the tasting menu. Felt it was reasonable @ $75/person ($14 up-charge for steak seemed high). Interesting flavor combinations (particularly mint & fennel). I loved it, but might not appeal to all. Picked our own App, Pasta, Main & Dessert w/ several chef selections. Waitress Lisa knew the menu & described it well. Amish chicken was FABULOUS. Incredibly tender. Branzino also excellent. Fennel Papardelle was very tasty with tender pork ragu. Stone fruit consomme was very refreshing. Scallop crudo was excellent. Outstanding farm to table experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out in Philly.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Big on service, big on presentation, BIG on price. Small on servings. The food was very good but portions were small. I would return and recommend this restaurant, however it would probably only be for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, but...gooseDined on 8/24/2014The food was really tasty, but some of the dishes were overly salty. And I'm not sure that I'd go back simply from a cost perspective. $150 + tip for brunch for 4 seems a bit excessive, even for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedHangryDined on 8/23/2014Went there for my wife's birthday and from the very moment we walked in it felt special. Our server, Andrew, was very good. As a former server I tend the notice the little things and Andrew nailed them. For example, when he approached the table he noticed we had already started looking at the food menu instead of drinks and jumped right in with, "I see you are looking at dinner already, can I tell you about this menu?" instead of what I normally encounter, the "You need to drink alcohol now because we make a ton of money up-selling booze" pitch. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!hdhpnh1002Dined on 8/22/2014Went for my wife's birthday. Our waiter was very knowledgeable, especially with the wine list. He talked us into the house pre fixe menu with random chefs offerings, which gave us a chance to try new food/flavors. Very impressed with the restaurant and staff's professionalism. Would recommend to friends/family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressiveJenniferVIPDined on 8/22/2014It generally takes a lot to impress me and Fork did just that. I had the "Our Terroir" tasting menu and it was just perfect. I also appreciate the fact that they had half bottles of wine on their wine list. May I recommend th Rex Hill, Willamette Valley, Pinot Noir it complemented the tasting menu well.Special Features:
- Personality!MartiniGirlDined on 8/22/2014Yes, this place has lots of personality from the unique food, to the friendly and helpful waiters to the awesome bartender. We really enjoyed the food although I will admit a couple if the small plates didn't quite measure up but it was fun and most of the plates were absolutely selish and all were beautiful. It was a great way to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!AndrewoutandboutDined on 8/21/2014I was a frequent dinner at fork for some time - haven't been back in many months. This go around my dining partner Had the "Our Terroir" tasting menu with the wine paring. Creative, innovative, and just downright good! I really enjoyed the experience. This is a foodie place - service was wonderful and staff was extremely friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans Win!BritTenVIPDined on 8/20/2014I have been dining at Fork on and off for the last decade. Mostly brunch with an occasional dinner here and there. My last dining experience at Fork was phenomenal and only 2 days later I can not wait to return. The re-invented menu is a masterpiece by Chef Kulp. Holding true to the regions wide diversity of foraged, vegetables and meat/poultry sensations. It is simply one of the best restaurants in Philadelphia and with the past years accolades possible the USA!Special Features:
- Excellent in every wayVeganFanDined on 8/20/2014Fork just keeps getting better. The food is creative, fresh, and delicious and every meal I've had over the past 15 years has been excellent. My most recent was perhaps the best. I can't recommend this highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Dining At Its BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014We chose Fork for a family dinner while visiting Philly.We knew at once we were in a good place.The place has a great vibe and open kitchen which gives a feel that the place is alive. Our waitress was exceptional and staff worked as a team to provide exceptional service.Started with home made pasta entre.Excellent.We then chose to indulge in both the Duck and Pork feasts to get a chance to taste them prepare in a manner that we would never see in any other restaurant.We devoured every last crumb. Oh and the bread, which in my opinion can make or break a place was the best. It comes from High on Market, voted that day one of the best new restaurants by Gourmet magazine.Best meal, best dining experience we had anywhere in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/19/2014Went for the tasting menu at $95 each. With wine & a drink each, our total bill was almost $400. I was very much looking forward to this & have to say it did not meet my high expectations especially given the price. Wish we'd just ordered an app & entree from their regular menu. Our table was immediately ready unlike some reviewers have mentioned. Place was about half full all night on a Tuesday. Service was leisurely - as we requested.
- A shining star!TweetyDined on 8/16/2014We are foodies, frequenting fine restaurants in New york, Europe etc and Saturday night was our first time eating at Fork! How lucky we are to have this caliber restaurant in our city….it is a shining star. When we arrived we were escorted to the bar; during our fifteen minutes there I asked the bartender about a particular after-dinner drink that a friend had told me about…immediately she asked if I'd like to try it and gave me a beautiful small glass with a sip or two for me to enjoy. Nice.We were seated and within minutes our waiter began taking very good care of us. Our meal, from start to finish, was stellar and we are looking forward to our return to Fork. This one should not be missed.Special Features:
- lrcrDined on 8/16/2014The food and service was outstanding. The lobster was wonderful,very different. I look forward to going back, that will be very soon.We loved your restaurantSpecial Features:
- Food LoverFoodLoverDined on 8/15/2014Good atmosphere; they never rush you from the table, even after the meal is finished; small portions; good wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many Choices, All TastyGregDined on 8/13/2014I was very pleased with my dining experience. After a short wait and a confusing menu, we were able to enjoy each other's company and enjoy one of the best meals I have had in Philadelphia over the last 6 years of living here. Come for the food and the service!Special Features:
- Flawless ForkFlushingFirstTimersDined on 8/13/2014A friend and I went to Fork as a prelude to visiting the Barnes. As had been my experience in several visits over the years, the food and the service were flawless. We took advantage of the $25 two course lunch. The soup and salads were fresh and imaginative. The salmon was perfectly prepared. The service was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- IzmandoDined on 8/12/2014From the time we walked in to the last bite of dessert our experience was fantastic. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful (female bartender was a bit short with us). Our waiter was very helpful, pleasant and had impeccable timing. The servers were great and humors as was most of the staff. It was my daughters 21st birthday and just about everyone wished her a Happy One. And the food, just wonderful. We preordered the duck feast and it did not disappoint. Best duck we've ever had. Our wine was perfect, decanted and brought to our table as I specified. A BIG thanks for that. Our dessert was a perfect finish complimented with a very nice espresso. Thank all of you for making my daughters 21st so special.Special Features:
- Great except 1 thingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014Food was outstanding. Waiter was outstanding. 1 problem kept the evening from being 5 star. Restaurant refused to seat us for 20 minutes because only 6 of our 7 people were ready to be seated. It felt like he wanted to force us to buy a drink at the bar and wait in a very uncomfortable bar setting as opposed to seating us at our table. The restaurant was empty at the time and our table was available the entire "punishment" period. Seemed unprofessional and set the evening off on a very bad note.Special Features:
- MeatMeatDined on 8/11/2014They way they prepare and serve their meat dishes is interesting and delicious. The fact that they serve you a meat dish with three different cuts of an animal three different ways led to a very satisfying dining experience.Special Features:
- Among Philadelphia's bestDanCDined on 8/10/2014There are many superb restaurants in Philadelphia, but I know none as good as the recent re-incarnation of Fork. My wife and I had the tasting menu. It's pricey - $75 per person - but it's also a real bargain. Every dish is vibrant and imaginative. The service is impeccable, friendly without the least hint of obsequiousness or condescension. The speciality drinks are excellent as well .Special Features:
- Fabulous ForkMediaDinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014We had a wonderful meal here. From the peach consommé starter to deconstructed guinea hen, 1-layer lasagna, and luscious gnudi, everything our foursome had was fresh, inventive, and delicious. Wine prices are absurd, however, so the total cost of nearly $200 per couple makes it a place we will not go back to often. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceInfrequentdinersDined on 8/9/2014The food was great, but the staff made the experience wonderful. We were treated like VIPs, even though it was our first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- msjhVIPDined on 8/9/2014While the service at Fork was exemplary, the kitchen tries too hard to be creative. The result- a mishmash of flavones,that often do not work. Had the tasting menu and all four of us agreed there wasn't one dish that we wish we had more.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent meal AS ALWAYS! The food is consistently good paired with superb service. Every time I visit Philadelphia I make sure to visit Fork!Special Features:
- Great SpotNYCerVIPDined on 8/8/2014New to Philly - Fork has an outstanding bar in the front of the restaurant that can handle groups - try the lamb trio...the best.Special Features:
- Wow!KathyMacDined on 8/8/2014I took my husband to lunch a few days ago. We had seen that it received three bells from Craig LeBan since our last visit and were curious. The meal and wine were superb. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for what you getSnackerDined on 8/7/2014The food was good; however, very expensive. Our party of three all ordered the lasagna which turned out to be two lasagna pasta with a white drizzle sauce and mushrooms. We were told it was a vegetarian lasagna, with which we all were okay, but there wasn't much to it. We left hungry. $35 for lasagna and $30s for wine. We won't be returning. We chose Fork because of the great reviews and website and it was within walking distance to the hotel.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2014I went here with my parents. Everything was stellar and our server was great and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSingingjoDined on 8/3/2014My boyfriend and I had a fantastic date night here. The food was simply incredible and the service was amazing. I loved every second. It was, however, quite pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food was good and the menu nice. the place also has a nice ambience. The only complaint I have is that one of us ordered tea, which was served in a very unfriendly tea pot. As a result it kept spilling and our table was wet most of the time. No one bothered to wipe it and we had to do that repeatedly ourselves. It was very unpleasant.
- Front of house is a messOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/1/2014Never had better food at a more poorly run restaurant. Owner (E. Yin) was there when we arrived for our reservation. She stood at the hostess area looking at her iPad, despite the fact that we and another couple were waiting to be helped. Right next to the hostess stand was her book, so it was obvious she was the owner and had no interest in the people waiting. We had a 9:45 reservation. We stood in the doorway, ignored, until 10pm, and then shuttled to the bar to wait another 20 minutes. Once we were seated, we were left without any service for another 15 minutes, despite there being a swarm of waitstaff milling around. Infuriating! Had to complain to the manager to get any attention at all. Sommelier had to act as our waiter.
- Late being seated...Puli40Dined on 8/1/2014First, the complaint: The one thing that took some of the edge off an otherwise excellent experience was that we were not seated until 15 minutes after our reservation. Fork called 24 hours earlier to ensure I would honor our reservation. The should be equally scrupulous about meeting their obligation. Anyway....The beet salad and sea bass I ordered were great. My wife thought her lobster dish was superb, as was her scallop appetizer. Fork has to be the first restaurant where I could not get my Sapphire martini, but that did help me discover Bluecoat gin (apparently made in Pa) which was actually a great find. Service was efficient without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Fabulous, innovative food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/1/2014Fork combines ingredients in an unexpected, highly enjoyable way. I had lobster over polenta with subtle, unexpected flavors throughout. Teenage son said his steak was probably the best he'd had. Numerous fish and seafood dishes, also pasta dishes, seasoning is ingeneous. I hear it has been nominated for a James Beard award this year, and thus, it is a hotspot with great energy, a bit noisy. The kitchen is open, the staff is happy and enthusiastic. Don't miss this place if you are in Old City Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buzzing on a Monday nightnoelle68VIPDined on 7/28/2014Was amazed at how busy this place was for a Monday night - really great atmosphere. Waited at the bar whilst our table was prepared - love the bar in the middle of the restaurant - creates a nice space. I had the trout cavier with bagel toast to start - that was delish. Then the sea bass afterwards. I am not a big eater so loved the portion sizes. Service was up and down. The hostess was lovely and very friendly. Our waiter however was a tad grumpy - my friend asked for recommendations on the menu and you could tell he was frustrated and just wanted my friend to choose so he could take the order. Tut tut. Remember these are the type of reviews that go on Open Table. Would I rush to go back - not quite so sure yet.Special Features: