20517 N. Main St.
Cornelius, NC 28031Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.forkrestaurantcornelius.com/
- Phone: 7046557465
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 12:00pm - 7:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Timothy Groody
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We custom craft a menu to your needs and likes. From BBQ to Gourmet cocktail parties
- Private Party Facilities: Fork! is located in an historic house and will be able to accommodate parties of 18 in separate dining areas. We also accommodate parties of 60 for a full takeover of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Melanie 7046557465
- Entertainment: We will feature local artists on occasion. Check our facebook page for details
A word from Fork!
Fork! is commited to bringing you - the customer - the freshest ingredients from local farmers markets when in season. Our main focus is on a daily menu filled with creative small plates. Our service staff is here to help you relax and guide you through our menu, cocktails, wine and beer list. It is their goal to make every visit a enjoyable one. Either with friends on the wrap around porch or a small bite and a glass of wine after work.Continued
Come and enjoy the charm of Fork! Located in an historic house built in 1906.
Come and enjoy the charm of Fork! Located in an historic house built in 1906.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Fork! - Best Restaurants in Cornelius ›
Fork! reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (59)great for outdoor dining (39)special occasion (37)romantic (29)notable wine list (20)great for brunch (19)hot spot (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/13/2014This was my 3rd time at Fork and it did not disappoint. The food is consistently good. Service is attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- great finddlkrDined on 9/13/2014A friend recommended Fork! so we decided to go. What a great treat! Ingredients are locally grown and menu selections were excellent. Very accommodating with gluten sensitivity. We will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding everything!!Alimama2gDined on 9/12/2014From the tables on the front deck, to the setting being a home in old town Cornelius/Davidson, to every single bite of food being scrumtious....Fork! is our new first choice for dinner...hands down! 4 of us dined on Friday night and had 4 different entrees, shared an appetizer and sides, all ordered dessert, and every single plate was sent back cleaned and empty due to deliciousness!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gd2bmeDined on 9/11/2014Having been in the business with a fine dining restaurant, ya'll have brought a whole new meaning to the term "fine". We so enjoyed our food, wine, and your creative ambiance that so speaks to what you do. We will definitely be back...it is our favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic work dinnerpl60sVIPDined on 9/3/2014I brought my company to Fork because my wife and I really like it and was a little nervous to bring my company CEO but it was a huge success! All 8 of us had a fantastic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MH000Dined on 9/3/2014We enjoyed the ambiance, of sitting outside as it was quiet , and we were able to people watch and watch the clouds change. We ate Tapas style and tried many things, some I thought were very good, some I would not order again. The staff was very friendly and we both agreed we would return and try again.Special Features:
- Great local Restaurantnew2LNareaDined on 8/30/2014If you are looking for a local restaurant with great outdoor dining and delicious food you have to head on over to Fork. We were pleasantly surprised; the wait staff was friendly and accommodating, food was prepared to perfection and sitting outdoor on a warm summers night just cannot ask for anything better. We will definitely be returning and bring friends and family with us next time to share this local gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aaaaVIPDined on 8/30/2014This was our first visit and definitely want to return. The service was attentive. The food was fresh and prepared as requested. Located in an one hundred year old home the tables were close and on Saturday night the noise level was higher than optimum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeJoemackieDined on 8/30/2014This was first time dining @ Fork and it was VERY Good!! We intend to try again soon and try other items on the menu, We would rate this restaurant as a KEEPER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dinner on the porch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Really enjoyed eating on the porch. I was worried about street noise but it was not a problem. Food was great! Would have liked more reasonably priced wine selection of wine but overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, delicious food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014My husband got the pork and I got the tile fish, both from the "specials" menu. He claims it was the best pork he's had! My fish was wonderful. I highly recommend the cauliflower and potato/spaghetti squash side. We're not up in Cornelius often, but will definitely go back to Fork! next time we are. Don't judge the restaurant on the website. It doesn't do it justice. Theme and interior decor are much more updated than their website.Special Features:
- Food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We had been here only for brunch, but decided to give dinner a try. It was so delicious!! I ordered the special Tile fish with a pecan pesto, yum! I could go back again today and order the same thing. Had a side of the special spaghetti squash, spinach and okra melody, again it was great. My boyfriend had scallops and the lobster Mac & cheese, we both were on the clean plate club! We had tuna tartar for an appetizer and it was very good as well. We will be back....the only reason I didn't give it a 5 star was because it was very hot in the restaurant that evening, we sat inside...I think outside would have been cooler.Special Features:
- BrianDDined on 8/23/2014Consistently excellent fresh food. I highly recommend Fork!Special Features:
- Yummy but loudFoodieDined on 8/22/2014The food was really delicious and the wait staff was attentive but it was very noisy and warm. I could handle the heat but the noise level made it difficult to converse with our friends. There was a large party in the small room with us as to the reason for the loudness. Also the table we sat at was too small for a party of four. We were told that the next time we make a reservation to request a larger table. We will definitely do that, plus I'll ask for a spot with no large parties.Special Features:
- Local food with an upscale twistOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Food was great! Everything came out presented well, very hot, and was correct according to our order. Dessert was very yummy as well. Our only complaint is that it was very hot inside the restaurant (on a hot August day) and we were all sweating while we ate! We love that the food is local and is delicious! We were all satisfied with our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemEclectictastesVIPDined on 8/17/2014Another great brunch at Fork. Try The smoked Han and Pesto Benedict . Hash browns are terrific. Grits as good as they get. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Beach314Dined on 8/16/2014OUr third visit. Food was delicious as always. Service this time was very slow - not crowded. Maybe they were shortstaffed. Might have ordered another drink and/or a dessert if service didn't take so long. Will try again because I think Fork is a true gem .Special Features:
- 2nd visitCad313Dined on 8/16/2014This was our second dining experience at Fork! We enjoyed it just as much as the first time! Food is excellent! Great service! A real neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easily one of the bestTomandLeslieDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I enjoy going out to dinner and have tried several of the restaurants in the area. In both of our opinions, none come close to the genius of the chef at Fork. His dishes are sumptuous, creative and totally satisfying, from appetizer to dessert.Special Features:
- danideeDined on 8/8/2014The food at FORK! is always fabulous. We eat there very often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Bad atmosphereDrum1Dined on 8/2/2014The food at Fork is excellent. The seating in the restaurant is very crowded. Too many tables in too little space. The noise level is incredible. There's a flat screen TV mounted high on one wall which doesn't need to be there. I ordered a side dish that I thought was roasted squash and cippolini onions. It was actually mostly mushrooms with a small amount of squash. Either the waiter didn't hear me (understandable) or the kitchen serves whatever they have. We would have ordered dessert but we weren't interested in prolonging the experience. It would have been better to sit outside.Special Features:
- mg0081mg0081Dined on 8/1/2014When I tried to make a reservation for earlier than shown online, nothing available but when we got there, there were a lot of tables available. The menu is very limited and everything is ala carte. I ordered a beef shoulder which was good and cooked as ordered but nothing mind blowing. My husband had the salmon and also thought is was good; both portions were small. We shared a side of sautéed green beens and corn which was delicious but not enough to share, order your own side. Needless to say we were still hungry so we just had to have dessert. We ordered the chocolate crepe which was outstanding! All in all the food was good and the experience pleasant but not something I just have to experience again anytime soon but we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Cornelius restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014Great food, farm to table daily menu, awesome beer and wine list. Best restaurant in the northern suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014Our first time for brunch and it was outstanding---- ready to go back!Special Features:
- Simply outstandingEclectictastesVIPDined on 7/27/2014We had Brunch at Fork! last Sunday and were very impressed with the simple elegance of the food. Just very well executed dishes. I had Eggs Benedict with smoked ham and a light tough or Pesto with was perfectly prepared. My daughter has a croissant with bacon and egg and cheese that was wonderful. My wife had bacon and eggs with some potatoes. The potatoes were perfectly crisped ad seasoned. Oh and the grits were just right. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Brunch SpotAgoodtimesDined on 7/20/2014We sat on the lovely nearly 100 year old patio at Fork!; I had the shrimp and grits and my husband had eggs benedict. It was all divine. Excellent service, delicious food & beautiful atmosphere. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Best Chef in the Lake Norman Arealuv4y9Dined on 7/19/2014Never disappoints with Chef Tim planning and executing a menu that keeps you looking forward to the next course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal yet!JK01Dined on 7/19/2014We've dined at Fork before and have always had good food and service, but this visit was exceptional. Definitely order off the list of specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deeeeeelicious!!schmoozeDined on 7/19/2014It's hard to find a delicious lamb shank at a restaurant, but Fork makes a top shelf entrée which was so overwhelming, I for once, did not talk much during dinner! Ha! My companions scallops, red snapper, and beef medallions were also given a very high rating by those enjoying the fine dining with me! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu too skimpynewplacestodineDined on 7/19/2014Very limited entree menu, especially for meats. Veggies and fish entrees were wonderful! Nice atmosphere and service.Special Features:
- need another Fork!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014This was my first time dining at Fork! Happy to say that it will certainly NOT be the last. Absolutely everything was amazing.Special Features:
- Great farm to fork food!JamesDined on 7/19/2014The food here is the main attraction. The lamb is stellar and also the fish which they cook perfectly and offer a variety of sauces for. The drink specials are also tasy and interesting. The noise level can be a bit loud inside so sit outside if you'd like a more relaxed environment. In either case, I think you'll enjoy the food.Special Features:
- frequent dinerneighborDined on 7/17/2014Eat here often...food consistently very good and great value. Service variable. Ask to sit on porch or in front...back room tables are not consistent with food quality...was stuck in back on this visit and almost went elsewhere. Best restaurant in davidson/cornelius by far. Eat here and save Flatiron for a late night glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, poor serviceechmdDined on 7/16/2014Food excellent although portions rather small. Service terrible - took 45 min to get our wine and an hr for appetizers. Dinner was no faster...Special Features:
- Superb food, great ambiance.EuropeanfoodieDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant has a daily changing menu according to the finds of the chef. The chef holds himself to a high standard and it shows. We have dined here several times now and have never been disappointed. Service is attentive and very personal. We have always eaten out on the porch, so we are not able to judge the noise level inside the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!foodieMDDined on 7/11/2014Always delicious food with great ambiance. Great local farm to fork restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously CreativeSemiDined on 7/10/2014We ate the most wonderful food from the "daily" menu--all so fresh, well-prepared and attractively presented. My favorite was a small plate of house-made ricotta cheese dumplings with meatballs. My wife loved the crab and melon appetizer and raved about the tilefish main course. All in all, it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Always GoodNickT55VIPDined on 7/10/2014I've never been disappointed going to Fork. The constant change of daily specials keeps one coming back and keeps everything fresh. The quality of service has increased exceptionally over the last year (and it was never poor to start with). The waitstaff seems to enjoy relatively slow turnover so the knowledge of the waitstaff is higher then one might find in other restaurants. The ongoing focus on more local ingredients and interesting compliments and flavor contrasts on the menu make Fork a destination.Special Features:
- OutstandingrustympsaDined on 7/9/2014The starters, entrees, and sides were all absolutely amazing. Melanie, the General Manager, was actually our server and she was great. Very gracious in answering all of our questions and offering suggestions, both for food and drinks. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions and loooong waitChefswifeDined on 7/9/2014The food was good but it took an hour to get salad & then another thirty minutes to get entrees & sides. All the food was petite portions. Just under acceptable honestly. For $20 my piece of meat should be a little bit bigger or come with a side item. The wait was unacceptable though. They apologized repeatedly, but there was nothing done to make it right. It was my mothers birthday & we waited an hour for our delicious but very small salads. I'm all for appropriately small portions, but I shouldn't leave hungry if I spent $25-40/person. If you're looking for a place to have a few small bites & sip on a bottle of wine, I recommend Fork. I have heard they have a great brunch menu & I'm always for garden/farm to table place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.