20517 N. Main St.
Cornelius, NC 28031Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.forkrestaurantcornelius.com/
- Phone: 7046557465
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 12:00pm - 7:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Timothy Groody
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We custom craft a menu to your needs and likes. From BBQ to Gourmet cocktail parties
- Private Party Facilities: Fork! is located in an historic house and will be able to accommodate parties of 18 in separate dining areas. We also accommodate parties of 60 for a full takeover of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Melanie 7046557465
- Entertainment: We will feature local artists on occasion. Check our facebook page for details
A word from Fork!
Fork! is commited to bringing you - the customer - the freshest ingredients from local farmers markets when in season. Our main focus is on a daily menu filled with creative small plates. Our service staff is here to help you relax and guide you through our menu, cocktails, wine and beer list. It is their goal to make every visit a enjoyable one. Either with friends on the wrap around porch or a small bite and a glass of wine after work.Continued
Come and enjoy the charm of Fork! Located in an historic house built in 1906.
Come and enjoy the charm of Fork! Located in an historic house built in 1906.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Fork! - Best Restaurants in Cornelius ›
Fork! reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (61)great for outdoor dining (42)special occasion (39)romantic (31)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (21)hot spot (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great Service, Brunch. Otherwise...CamD79VIPDined on 9/28/2014This was our first time here. The server was great! She was friendly and personable. We had the croissant sandwich and the sausage and gravy plates. I ordered a side of hash browns with my meal (with one egg on top) to go with my food. When we received the bill, there was a $2 charge for the hash browns. I assumed that because I had egg with my dish (the menu states that egg dishes come with grits or hash browns) that the hash browns came with it. The manager's response through the server? One egg doesn't make it a dish. What a response for such a high end restaurant. I didn't demand the $2 back, but I would have appreciated a more professional response or an appearance by the manager. Neither happened, nor will a return visit.
- Not all thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Food was good but my wife got her entree 10 minutes before mine arrived. Kitchen was not in synch with wait staff. Menu is limited.
- Great food, neutral experienceDavidsoniteDined on 9/27/2014The food is fantastic. It's fresh and local, so you pay a premium for that but it's worth it. Downside is that because you are paying a premium, you expect a stellar experience. That's where the concept begins to fall down. Timing of courses was very off. Salad came right away with sides arriving 25 minutes later and main dish (fish) 5 minutes later. The bread basket came after the main dish. Very awkward. Saw similar issue at nearby tables. I may go back to try a dish that sounded good, but I won't put this in our regular rotation like similar local options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Anniversary Dinnerluv2eatDined on 9/27/2014Decided to try the Fork for the first time when going out for our wedding anniversary. The service and wait staff was friendly and accommodating. The food was fresh and perfectly prepared. One of the best meals we've enjoyed in some time. Would definitely recommend to anyone that they try the Fork restaurant.Special Features:
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/25/2014Very expensive for the portion sizes. I was told our Birthday guests would receive a complimentary dessert after dinner when I confirmed our reservations. But that wasn't available according to our server. A bit disappointed! Probably will not dine there again!Special Features:
- Office get togetherSoupyDined on 9/25/2014Got my important office staff together to meet my Dad. Service was good, food was spectacular. Must go again and again.Special Features:
- Lee Hyettgd2bmeDined on 9/23/2014We have moved down to the lake a year ago plus, my wife and I have both owned restaurants and this by far is the the best restaurant in the area. The menu changes everyday and is very creative and sever Dave. Is top notch. I can't recommend this eating establishment enough.Special Features:
- Excellent meal!HelenSVIPDined on 9/20/2014Really enjoyed Fork...the menu included local seafood and locally grown vegetables. We tried the cheese appetizer and beet salad...delicious! In our party, 2 of us had the salmon, and 1 had the duck. All meals were perfectly cooked. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!sch4goodfoodDined on 9/20/2014There is nothing else to say! The best meal I have had in a long time. Everything is fresh, fresh, fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/13/2014This was my 3rd time at Fork and it did not disappoint. The food is consistently good. Service is attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- great finddlkrDined on 9/13/2014A friend recommended Fork! so we decided to go. What a great treat! Ingredients are locally grown and menu selections were excellent. Very accommodating with gluten sensitivity. We will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding everything!!Alimama2gDined on 9/12/2014From the tables on the front deck, to the setting being a home in old town Cornelius/Davidson, to every single bite of food being scrumtious....Fork! is our new first choice for dinner...hands down! 4 of us dined on Friday night and had 4 different entrees, shared an appetizer and sides, all ordered dessert, and every single plate was sent back cleaned and empty due to deliciousness!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gd2bmeDined on 9/11/2014Having been in the business with a fine dining restaurant, ya'll have brought a whole new meaning to the term "fine". We so enjoyed our food, wine, and your creative ambiance that so speaks to what you do. We will definitely be back...it is our favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic work dinnerpl60sVIPDined on 9/3/2014I brought my company to Fork because my wife and I really like it and was a little nervous to bring my company CEO but it was a huge success! All 8 of us had a fantastic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MH000Dined on 9/3/2014We enjoyed the ambiance, of sitting outside as it was quiet , and we were able to people watch and watch the clouds change. We ate Tapas style and tried many things, some I thought were very good, some I would not order again. The staff was very friendly and we both agreed we would return and try again.Special Features:
- Great local Restaurantnew2LNareaDined on 8/30/2014If you are looking for a local restaurant with great outdoor dining and delicious food you have to head on over to Fork. We were pleasantly surprised; the wait staff was friendly and accommodating, food was prepared to perfection and sitting outdoor on a warm summers night just cannot ask for anything better. We will definitely be returning and bring friends and family with us next time to share this local gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aaaaVIPDined on 8/30/2014This was our first visit and definitely want to return. The service was attentive. The food was fresh and prepared as requested. Located in an one hundred year old home the tables were close and on Saturday night the noise level was higher than optimum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeJoemackieDined on 8/30/2014This was first time dining @ Fork and it was VERY Good!! We intend to try again soon and try other items on the menu, We would rate this restaurant as a KEEPER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dinner on the porch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Really enjoyed eating on the porch. I was worried about street noise but it was not a problem. Food was great! Would have liked more reasonably priced wine selection of wine but overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, delicious food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014My husband got the pork and I got the tile fish, both from the "specials" menu. He claims it was the best pork he's had! My fish was wonderful. I highly recommend the cauliflower and potato/spaghetti squash side. We're not up in Cornelius often, but will definitely go back to Fork! next time we are. Don't judge the restaurant on the website. It doesn't do it justice. Theme and interior decor are much more updated than their website.Special Features:
- Food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We had been here only for brunch, but decided to give dinner a try. It was so delicious!! I ordered the special Tile fish with a pecan pesto, yum! I could go back again today and order the same thing. Had a side of the special spaghetti squash, spinach and okra melody, again it was great. My boyfriend had scallops and the lobster Mac & cheese, we both were on the clean plate club! We had tuna tartar for an appetizer and it was very good as well. We will be back....the only reason I didn't give it a 5 star was because it was very hot in the restaurant that evening, we sat inside...I think outside would have been cooler.Special Features:
- BrianDDined on 8/23/2014Consistently excellent fresh food. I highly recommend Fork!Special Features:
- Yummy but loudFoodieDined on 8/22/2014The food was really delicious and the wait staff was attentive but it was very noisy and warm. I could handle the heat but the noise level made it difficult to converse with our friends. There was a large party in the small room with us as to the reason for the loudness. Also the table we sat at was too small for a party of four. We were told that the next time we make a reservation to request a larger table. We will definitely do that, plus I'll ask for a spot with no large parties.Special Features:
- Local food with an upscale twistOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Food was great! Everything came out presented well, very hot, and was correct according to our order. Dessert was very yummy as well. Our only complaint is that it was very hot inside the restaurant (on a hot August day) and we were all sweating while we ate! We love that the food is local and is delicious! We were all satisfied with our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemEclectictastesVIPDined on 8/17/2014Another great brunch at Fork. Try The smoked Han and Pesto Benedict . Hash browns are terrific. Grits as good as they get. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Beach314Dined on 8/16/2014OUr third visit. Food was delicious as always. Service this time was very slow - not crowded. Maybe they were shortstaffed. Might have ordered another drink and/or a dessert if service didn't take so long. Will try again because I think Fork is a true gem .Special Features:
- 2nd visitCad313Dined on 8/16/2014This was our second dining experience at Fork! We enjoyed it just as much as the first time! Food is excellent! Great service! A real neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easily one of the bestTomandLeslieDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I enjoy going out to dinner and have tried several of the restaurants in the area. In both of our opinions, none come close to the genius of the chef at Fork. His dishes are sumptuous, creative and totally satisfying, from appetizer to dessert.Special Features:
- danideeDined on 8/8/2014The food at FORK! is always fabulous. We eat there very often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Bad atmosphereDrum1Dined on 8/2/2014The food at Fork is excellent. The seating in the restaurant is very crowded. Too many tables in too little space. The noise level is incredible. There's a flat screen TV mounted high on one wall which doesn't need to be there. I ordered a side dish that I thought was roasted squash and cippolini onions. It was actually mostly mushrooms with a small amount of squash. Either the waiter didn't hear me (understandable) or the kitchen serves whatever they have. We would have ordered dessert but we weren't interested in prolonging the experience. It would have been better to sit outside.Special Features:
- mg0081mg0081Dined on 8/1/2014When I tried to make a reservation for earlier than shown online, nothing available but when we got there, there were a lot of tables available. The menu is very limited and everything is ala carte. I ordered a beef shoulder which was good and cooked as ordered but nothing mind blowing. My husband had the salmon and also thought is was good; both portions were small. We shared a side of sautéed green beens and corn which was delicious but not enough to share, order your own side. Needless to say we were still hungry so we just had to have dessert. We ordered the chocolate crepe which was outstanding! All in all the food was good and the experience pleasant but not something I just have to experience again anytime soon but we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Cornelius restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014Great food, farm to table daily menu, awesome beer and wine list. Best restaurant in the northern suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014Our first time for brunch and it was outstanding---- ready to go back!Special Features:
- Simply outstandingEclectictastesVIPDined on 7/27/2014We had Brunch at Fork! last Sunday and were very impressed with the simple elegance of the food. Just very well executed dishes. I had Eggs Benedict with smoked ham and a light tough or Pesto with was perfectly prepared. My daughter has a croissant with bacon and egg and cheese that was wonderful. My wife had bacon and eggs with some potatoes. The potatoes were perfectly crisped ad seasoned. Oh and the grits were just right. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Brunch SpotAgoodtimesDined on 7/20/2014We sat on the lovely nearly 100 year old patio at Fork!; I had the shrimp and grits and my husband had eggs benedict. It was all divine. Excellent service, delicious food & beautiful atmosphere. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Best Chef in the Lake Norman Arealuv4y9Dined on 7/19/2014Never disappoints with Chef Tim planning and executing a menu that keeps you looking forward to the next course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal yet!JK01Dined on 7/19/2014We've dined at Fork before and have always had good food and service, but this visit was exceptional. Definitely order off the list of specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deeeeeelicious!!schmoozeDined on 7/19/2014It's hard to find a delicious lamb shank at a restaurant, but Fork makes a top shelf entrée which was so overwhelming, I for once, did not talk much during dinner! Ha! My companions scallops, red snapper, and beef medallions were also given a very high rating by those enjoying the fine dining with me! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu too skimpynewplacestodineDined on 7/19/2014Very limited entree menu, especially for meats. Veggies and fish entrees were wonderful! Nice atmosphere and service.Special Features:
- need another Fork!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014This was my first time dining at Fork! Happy to say that it will certainly NOT be the last. Absolutely everything was amazing.Special Features: