199 N. 8th Street
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://boisefork.com/
- Phone: 2082871700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Special Events Fork offers a fantastic Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar!...every Saturday from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Wiley Earl
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering is not offered at this time.
- Private Party Facilities: Menu:
For groups of twelve or more we are happy to create a limited menu from which your guests will order at the event. Custom menus are printed on FORK stationary and placed at each setting. We are happy to create a special heading or include your logo on the menu.
Menu selections are made from our private dining menus or we can customize a menu for you.
FORK is wheelchair accessible, music volume can be adjusted or turned off in your private dining room for your event and lighting level is adjustable to suit your needs.
We are pleased to accommodate any food allergies or dietary restrictions. Please notify us as soon as possible so that we may create something special!
FORK's PDR is equipped with Audio/Visual components for you and your guests to enjoy Power Point presentations, Anniversary/Birthday photos or watch your favorite TV show/event on our 110" screen.
Please contact us directly for pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Cameron Lumsden 2082871700x
- Special Events: Fork offers a fantastic Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar!...every Saturday from 11:30 to 3:00pm.
- Cross Street: Idaho
- Public Transit: ◦Fifteen weekday routes that operate between the hours of 5:15 a.m.and 6:45 p.m.
◦Eight Saturday routes that operate between the hours of 7:45 a.m. and 6:45 p.m.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking is available (metered Mon.-Fri. from 9:00am-6:00pm).
Self-parking is available on at two pay lots adjacent to the building:
1) Eastman parking garage (entrances on Idaho Street and Main Street) just West of the restaurant on the South side of the street.
2) Capital Terrace garage located on Idaho Street West of the restaurant.
Both accept credit cards. The first hour of parking is free and each additional hour is $2.50.
A word from Fork
Fork offers cuisine inspired from the Northwest region using the finest and freshest locally sourced ingredients. Fork also offers hand-crafted cocktails, a large selection of regional wines and beers in a rustic yet very warm, welcoming setting. Fork is open for lunch and dinner daily and offers a full-service Saturday brunch with a featured bloody Mary bar and fresh, local ingredients sourced from the Capital City Public Market on Saturday mornings (9:30-2:00pm). Brunch is seasonal and is only offered when CCPM is running.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Fork - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
Fork reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)special occasion (58)great for lunch (56)hot spot (53)neighborhood gem (51)great for outdoor dining (47)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (26)romantic (21)great for brunch (16)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (12)scenic view (4)Show More
- Excellent Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014The appetizers of BBQ Shrimp and Wood roasted artichoke were totally top notch...The chopped salad was fantastic, the steak and enchiladas could use a bit more attention. The smoked flank steak was incredible, but there was a few slices of uneatable fat that I do not think should have been plated. The enchiladas were a bit disappointing as the menu description did not match up with what was presented in my opinion. Our waiter Bryan was really very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown Boise restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014A friend suggested Fork so tried to get in on a Tuesday night and were told it would be an hour and a half. I used open table for a Wednesday a reservation. Four of us greatly enjoyed the meal, ambiance and service. It was a little loud, but okay.Special Features:
- Over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We went there on Tuesday night. Good thing I made reservations as it was pretty busy. She ordered short ribs and I ordered the special chicken and waffles. She really liked the short ribs. My chicken wasn't that good. It was dry and tasteless. I only ordered it because of all the hype about how great it was. I won't order that again. But we will probably give the place another try.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014High quality food, great atmosphere and service. Perfect place to go and eat for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014A really loud dining experience. Outside would have probably worked out better, but it was closed. I did enjoy my meal.Special Features:
- Great Experience & VibeKathleenFashionista49VIPDined on 10/14/2014This was our first visit to Idaho and Boise. We researched the downtown restaurants through Visit Boise and Fork was recommended. Our first day in downtown Boise we ate lunch and we met our grandson for a farewell dinner on Tuesday night. Friendly service, awesome menu choices along with a friendly staff and great vibe. On Tuesday night they offer a chicken and waffle dish that is out of this world - never experienced anything like this in all my travels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Birthday LunchidahoyankeeDined on 10/14/2014Excellent service, food was as expected. Appreciate having the little one served quickly!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014The Apple Barrell chicken is a favorite of mine, it is always delicious, the chicken is so flavourful and moist. I tried the grilled artichoke this time and it was so good, unique flavor. The warm butter cake is my absolute favorite desert. I have turned so many people on to it and everyone loves it. Save room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal.FoodieDined on 10/9/2014Fantastic find! Had the ravioli, and it was one of the best meals I ever had; really tasty. The only thing is I split the entree with my guest, and ask if the kitchen would split it for us. Was told the kitchen does not do that, which most fine restaurants that I dine at do. Had mussels as a appetizer, and they were very good, but the only issue was they were not served with bread to lick up the sauce. Mussels with no bread....are you kidding me. Was told by the waiter that the chief chose to not offer bread with the mussels. We then requested some bread, and were brought 2-3 pieces, and then charged $1.50 for it. Not cool if you ask me! Overall it was a great experience, and would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- Better BeforeNWfoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014I've been to Fork several times in the past few years. The last two times the food has been really bad. My favorite was always trout with kale. The past two times the trout was bland and old tasting, and the kale was the worst, tough and stringy. I will no longer go there.
- Great OverallOutNaboutDined on 9/28/2014Fork had a great ambiance, good food, and awesome service. The mostly local menu was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fork is a Favorite!HayRoisDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I come here at least 3 times a month. We can't leave without getting the artichoke for a starter and the butter cake for dessert. I've never had a better dessert in my life. I'm pretty sure this is the only restaurant that I order all 3 courses every time we come. If you haven't been to Fork yet, you need to go. It is one of Boise's best!Special Features:
- Favorite Restaurant in Boiseidahofoodie28Dined on 9/26/2014I grew up in the Boise area and this is by far one of my favorite restaurants. Such a good ambiance and location, you really can't beat their outdoor patio. I've never had anything I didn't like at this restaurant nor have I had bad service. Love it!Special Features:
- Excellent ServicePatrickDined on 9/26/2014Amy was great. Great service and food. We enjoyed the lunch. The noise level was border line high but that was because the restaurant was busy and people were having a good time.Special Features:
- Always greatFoodisaurusRexDined on 9/20/2014The Fork is one of Boise's best. The wait staff in a step above top notch. Food and drinks are great. The prices are the best around for what you get. It's our "go to" restaurant whenever company comes to town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerennialBetsyblytheDined on 9/19/2014Fork has become our pre-race dinner tradition prior to FitOne - we have never been dissatisfied!! We have a very difficult group to feed (Gluten-free/vegan/picky, etc) and we all find something just right!!Special Features:
- GummygummyDined on 9/18/2014The food was very good, especially the short ribs. The service was spot on. (Thanks Vinny) if we had any complaint, it was the noise level. We find that at many restaurants, which younger people seem to like,- in fact I see on your evaluation that you call it energetic. older folks have a hard time with this, and there were several in our party who were older.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fab FoodFelisaDined on 9/18/2014When planning a meal for out of state guests, Fork was the first place I thought of. The food is amazing and the service is attentive. My guests were duly impressed and completly enjoyed their meals. I like that as a vegetarian, Fork has always been willing to alter their dishes to remove the meat element for me. We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!BettyDined on 9/17/2014Can NOT wait to go back.. went back twice in 1 weeks for outstanding food and great service!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaints!nat22Dined on 9/17/2014Our server was very friendly, the food he recommended was excellent and I'll be coming back for sure.Special Features:
- never disappointsDinnertimeDined on 9/16/2014The aroma when you walk through the door, the wait staff and the food are always top notch. This is one of our favorite go to spots in Boise for entertaining out of town guests. The cocktails are superb although I can never remember the names of the ones from the last time there since they change the menu often.Special Features:
- felt a little ripped offHappyJackWoodburyDined on 9/12/2014I always have the same dinner there, "braised short ribs" this night the portion was much smaller than usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!!!!MerrittDined on 9/11/2014I often will take clients and visiting colleagues to Fork for dinner. On this occasion, I took a friend there who was visiting from Park City and we both thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. At the recommendation of our server, I had the pork tenderloin (new on the menu) and it was phenomenal! My friend had the short ribs (one of my all-time favs) and he said it was one of the best meals he's had a quite a while. And of course, we had to finish it off with butter cake!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placekatsDined on 9/10/2014took my clients here and the service was excellent, food was great and resonably priced. I would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- Good FoodGFoodDined on 9/9/2014The food was very appealing and the tastes were wonderful. Everyone enjoyed their dishes and they were very inviting.Special Features:
- Fresh & FabulousDScottBishopVIPDined on 9/6/2014Fork features locally sourced farm to market fair. From Idaho wines & cheeses to locally farmed trout the menu and execution are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014We used to rant and rave to friends about the fork! Recently it has gone downhill. Food was thrown together and just ok. Service is awful. I won't be back anytime soon.
- Evening on the patioAlohaDined on 8/31/2014Fork serves good quality food at a reasonable price, perhaps making the bottom line by charging a premium for their wines. The beet salad with arugula on a thin piece of grilled cheese was unique and delicious. The restaurant has been open for a few years and is consistently popular with the Boise crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Good food, excellent service, very pleasurable evening. Really appreciate the number of local wines on the wine list.Special Features:
- Rare and rudeNotimpressedDined on 8/30/2014Food was undercooked and not refunded. Staff was pushy and rude, mgmt was even worse. Bad experience, would not recommend.
- Superb dining experienceNampaDinerDined on 8/30/2014Every bite of this exquisite meal was delicious. We both had steaks and dinner salads. The homemade dressings on the salad are delicious, the steak was flavorful and tender and the sauces and sides are amazing. Loved the potato corn patty with the filet.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundSeattleFoodieDined on 8/26/2014This is our second time dinning at forks. Our server Kelly was amazing, always on top of things and f she was held up helping others someone else filled the gap. Great teamwork at Forks. You can really tell they work hard. The food is excellent even better, my wife and I ordered the same flat iron steak. Both medium rare, hers came back well done. Normally this means a dry chewy steak. At Forks that's not the case, her steak was amazing. 10 stars for the crew at Forks, I would recommend them to my friends, family, and anyone else who enjoys excellent dining. Thanks again Kelly and the rest of the staff at Forks you made our anniversary dinner that much more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okwelovefoodDined on 8/23/2014Used to love this past the past 4 times. Group of 6 - food was just ok. Fries were cold and didn't taste fresh. Service was slow but friendly.
- AspagusMarieDined on 8/23/2014Fun start taking a meal...good deal Selection of entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdwardDined on 8/22/2014Great service ,interesting menu,very good martinisSpecial Features:
- Never Been To BoiseMikeDDined on 8/16/2014We were directed to Fork from a wine tasting and it came up word of mouth as we explored Boise. We went to a late dinner. It's in the "spot" and "scene" of Boise downtown night life. The food was phenomenal and they have a foodie-approved, eclectic menu. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great food, too loud!dontgetoutmuchDined on 8/15/2014We had a great time at Fork on a busy Friday night. The food was excellent and well priced. Our server was attentive but not intrusive, and everything was brought out quickly. My only complaint is the noise level inside the restaurant. It is quite loud and a little hard to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Great and consistentretired1025Dined on 8/15/2014Not our first time, but the fork never disappoints. Good food, friendly, good service, good drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Loved the asparagus sticks! Butter cake was also very special.Special Features:
- Great Outside DiningROnHDined on 8/15/2014Attentive and friendly service. The Boise Chopped Salad remains a winner and a perfect lunch selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.