199 N. 8th Street
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://boisefork.com/
- Phone: (208) 287-1700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Brunch is served every Saturday & Sunday from 9:30am - 2:00pm (year round). Our fantastic lunch menu is available 7 days a week starting at 11:30am.
Special Events Fork offers a fantastic Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar!...every Saturday & Sunday from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Wiley Earl
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering is not offered at this time.
- Private Party Facilities: Menu:
For groups of twelve or more we are happy to create a limited menu from which your guests will order at the event. Custom menus are printed on FORK stationary and placed at each setting. We are happy to create a special heading or include your logo on the menu.
Menu selections are made from our private dining menus or we can customize a menu for you.
FORK is wheelchair accessible, music volume can be adjusted or turned off in your private dining room for your event and lighting level is adjustable to suit your needs.
We are pleased to accommodate any food allergies or dietary restrictions. Please notify us as soon as possible so that we may create something special!
FORK's PDR is equipped with Audio/Visual components for you and your guests to enjoy Power Point presentations, Anniversary/Birthday photos or watch your favorite TV show/event on our 110" screen.
Please contact us directly for pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Cameron Lumsden 2082871700x
- Special Events: Fork offers a fantastic Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar!...every Saturday from 11:30 to 3:00pm.
- Cross Street: Idaho
- Public Transit: ◦Fifteen weekday routes that operate between the hours of 5:15 a.m.and 6:45 p.m.
◦Eight Saturday routes that operate between the hours of 7:45 a.m. and 6:45 p.m.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking is available (metered Mon.-Fri. from 9:00am-6:00pm).
Self-parking is available on at two pay lots adjacent to the building:
1) Eastman parking garage (entrances on Idaho Street and Main Street) just West of the restaurant on the South side of the street.
2) Capital Terrace garage located on Idaho Street West of the restaurant.
Both accept credit cards. The first hour of parking is free and each additional hour is $2.50.
A word from Fork
Fork offers cuisine inspired from the Northwest region using the finest and freshest locally sourced ingredients. Fork also offers hand-crafted cocktails, a large selection of regional wines and beers in a rustic yet very warm, welcoming setting. Fork is open for lunch and dinner daily and offers a full-service Saturday brunch with a featured bloody Mary bar and fresh, local ingredients sourced from the Capital City Public Market on Saturday & Sunday mornings (9:30-2:00pm).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Fork - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
Fork reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (86)great for lunch (60)special occasion (59)hot spot (57)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (49)great for outdoor dining (42)vibrant bar scene (29)romantic (22)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (16)scenic view (4)Show More
- 39th Anniversary November 21 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014From appetizer to dessert to food was great. We didn't have to shout to talk. Our table was ready at the reserved time and the place was hopping. Prices are what I would expect for the quality of the food and preparations, and it was very, very good. Memorable occasion we'll be back for our fortieth and a few times in between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fork made an impression on out of town guests.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Brought 3 business assoc. from DC and Chicago who were visiting Boise for 1st time to Fork for dinner. They enjoyed the ambiance of the bar area. The wine and mixed drinks scored rave reviews. Upon moving on to dinner, from the appetizers (lamp pops & onion rings were outstanding) to the entrees and dessert, every diner loved their selections and had to have a taste of each other's meal as every dish was so unique and appealing. Service was very good, and everyone agreed Fork was a great choice for an enjoyable, relaxing and tasty evening out. Made a positive impression on their overall Boise experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicePatrickDined on 11/17/2014Excellent lunch. Service was excellent and the food was spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Touchdown!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We decided to make the trek to the frigid BSU game last weekend and wanted a great dinner before embarked on our mission. The Fork provided us a great dinner and a great way to kick off the evening! Our server quarter backed our meal from beginning to end and provided us with great service. Over all our experience was a touch down with the extra points! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcoming atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014This was my first visit to Boise and we chose Fork over other high rated restaurants :). We felt very welcomed as soon as we walked into the restaurant. Our server was very attentive and gave us great suggestion on food. We ordered asparagus fries, they were delish a bit greasy but it's fried! Our second appetizer was lamb lollipops which was done perfect and the chutney added that tang to the dish. For our main course 3 of us had salmon over risotto. I had asked for a medium rare and it was just perfectly. Well seasoned, great flavor. Although, risotto was a bit too running for my liking. I've never had a risotto as runny. Overall, great experience and I would recommend this place to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Had been to Fork with family visiting from out of town on a Tuesday.. Chicken and waffles were great. The other entrees also really good. Came back on a Saturday with more family members and the food was mediocre at best. I ordered the trout as did my son. The dish was disappointing. Presentation of 2 fillets of trout on root vegetables looked unappetizing. The trout pieces lying limp over the vegetables looked sad. No one was very excited about their meal. Don't think we will be back.
- Fork is the place to be!FoodiesOfMeridianDined on 11/7/2014Great food! Great service! Great atmosphere! If you're in Boise, having a meal at Fork is a must! We've dined there for brunch, lunch, and dinner. We've loved everything on their menu. If you're not sure what to order, ask your server. Their recommendations are always fantastic! Love, love, love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!GPMPDined on 11/6/2014Fork is outstanding! Tuesdays Chicken and Waffles is a must have and the butter cake is exceptional. You can't go wrong with this place. I suggest making a reservation, even on week nights. it's always busy, and for good reason.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2014It was ok, they overcooked some meals, but took care of us. it was difficult to find parking. I think they liked it in general though.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014Food was really good and fresh! Our waitress was super nice and very attentive to our needs. Chilequilles(sp?) were a really interesting breakfast item; i will be back for more. Coffee was rich and tasty.Special Features:
- Always a treatJaredRVIPDined on 11/1/2014I've never had a bad meal at Fork and today's brunch was no exception. The food was delicious, excellent service in a beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014We are from out of town and ate at Fork about a year ago. The food was excellent, so we decided to celebrate a birthday dinner there. We had a very long wait for our food and then had to send half of it back because it was cold. However, my fish tacos (luckily not the cold food) were amazing and delicious. My daughter got the grilled cheese and it had way too much Ham and extremely salty, with very little cheese.
- Great food...great service!SkitsmeDined on 10/29/2014The title of this review says it all...the service was wonderful and the food was extremely good! Met friends and everyone was very happy with the choice of place to meet! The house wine...though very good...was a little expensive for a "house" choice. Overall, I would recommend Fork!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyFoodieDined on 10/27/2014Amazing food choices. Must try the grilled cheese/tomato soup appetizer---great presentation and delicious! Meal was bested only by the wonderful and attentive service. GO!!!! You won't be disappointed. (And leave room for the warm butter cake; don't allow your "diet" to make you miss this scrumptious treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went above and beyondFarvabeansDined on 10/24/2014I originally booked a reservation for my wife's birthday. They included flowers on the table which was a wonderful sentiment as well. We were greeted by a friendly and smiling staff who took is to out two top near the back. The food was great and the atmosphere pleasing. Our only qualm was the long wait for service and food. Maybe we were exceptionally hungry? Anyways, I rate this place four stars for everything it did right.... Which was pretty much everything but service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VegetablesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Everything at Fork was wonderful except the under cooked roasted vegetables.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and Foodav8or88Dined on 10/23/2014The appetizers of BBQ Shrimp and Wood roasted artichoke were totally top notch...The chopped salad was fantastic, the steak and enchiladas could use a bit more attention. The smoked flank steak was incredible, but there was a few slices of uneatable fat that I do not think should have been plated. The enchiladas were a bit disappointing as the menu description did not match up with what was presented in my opinion. Our waiter Bryan was really very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown Boise restaurantSkyking13Dined on 10/22/2014A friend suggested Fork so tried to get in on a Tuesday night and were told it would be an hour and a half. I used open table for a Wednesday a reservation. Four of us greatly enjoyed the meal, ambiance and service. It was a little loud, but okay.Special Features:
- Over ratedfulltummyDined on 10/21/2014We went there on Tuesday night. Good thing I made reservations as it was pretty busy. She ordered short ribs and I ordered the special chicken and waffles. She really liked the short ribs. My chicken wasn't that good. It was dry and tasteless. I only ordered it because of all the hype about how great it was. I won't order that again. But we will probably give the place another try.Special Features:
- FabFabFabDined on 10/20/2014High quality food, great atmosphere and service. Perfect place to go and eat for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014A really loud dining experience. Outside would have probably worked out better, but it was closed. I did enjoy my meal.Special Features:
- Great Experience & VibeKathleenFashionista49VIPDined on 10/14/2014This was our first visit to Idaho and Boise. We researched the downtown restaurants through Visit Boise and Fork was recommended. Our first day in downtown Boise we ate lunch and we met our grandson for a farewell dinner on Tuesday night. Friendly service, awesome menu choices along with a friendly staff and great vibe. On Tuesday night they offer a chicken and waffle dish that is out of this world - never experienced anything like this in all my travels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Birthday LunchidahoyankeeDined on 10/14/2014Excellent service, food was as expected. Appreciate having the little one served quickly!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014The Apple Barrell chicken is a favorite of mine, it is always delicious, the chicken is so flavourful and moist. I tried the grilled artichoke this time and it was so good, unique flavor. The warm butter cake is my absolute favorite desert. I have turned so many people on to it and everyone loves it. Save room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal.FoodieDined on 10/9/2014Fantastic find! Had the ravioli, and it was one of the best meals I ever had; really tasty. The only thing is I split the entree with my guest, and ask if the kitchen would split it for us. Was told the kitchen does not do that, which most fine restaurants that I dine at do. Had mussels as a appetizer, and they were very good, but the only issue was they were not served with bread to lick up the sauce. Mussels with no bread....are you kidding me. Was told by the waiter that the chief chose to not offer bread with the mussels. We then requested some bread, and were brought 2-3 pieces, and then charged $1.50 for it. Not cool if you ask me! Overall it was a great experience, and would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- Better BeforeNWfoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014I've been to Fork several times in the past few years. The last two times the food has been really bad. My favorite was always trout with kale. The past two times the trout was bland and old tasting, and the kale was the worst, tough and stringy. I will no longer go there.
- Great OverallOutNaboutDined on 9/28/2014Fork had a great ambiance, good food, and awesome service. The mostly local menu was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fork is a Favorite!HayRoisDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I come here at least 3 times a month. We can't leave without getting the artichoke for a starter and the butter cake for dessert. I've never had a better dessert in my life. I'm pretty sure this is the only restaurant that I order all 3 courses every time we come. If you haven't been to Fork yet, you need to go. It is one of Boise's best!Special Features:
- Favorite Restaurant in Boiseidahofoodie28Dined on 9/26/2014I grew up in the Boise area and this is by far one of my favorite restaurants. Such a good ambiance and location, you really can't beat their outdoor patio. I've never had anything I didn't like at this restaurant nor have I had bad service. Love it!Special Features:
- Excellent ServicePatrickDined on 9/26/2014Amy was great. Great service and food. We enjoyed the lunch. The noise level was border line high but that was because the restaurant was busy and people were having a good time.Special Features:
- Always greatFoodisaurusRexDined on 9/20/2014The Fork is one of Boise's best. The wait staff in a step above top notch. Food and drinks are great. The prices are the best around for what you get. It's our "go to" restaurant whenever company comes to town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerennialBetsyblytheDined on 9/19/2014Fork has become our pre-race dinner tradition prior to FitOne - we have never been dissatisfied!! We have a very difficult group to feed (Gluten-free/vegan/picky, etc) and we all find something just right!!Special Features:
- GummygummyDined on 9/18/2014The food was very good, especially the short ribs. The service was spot on. (Thanks Vinny) if we had any complaint, it was the noise level. We find that at many restaurants, which younger people seem to like,- in fact I see on your evaluation that you call it energetic. older folks have a hard time with this, and there were several in our party who were older.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fab FoodFelisaDined on 9/18/2014When planning a meal for out of state guests, Fork was the first place I thought of. The food is amazing and the service is attentive. My guests were duly impressed and completly enjoyed their meals. I like that as a vegetarian, Fork has always been willing to alter their dishes to remove the meat element for me. We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!BettyDined on 9/17/2014Can NOT wait to go back.. went back twice in 1 weeks for outstanding food and great service!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaints!nat22Dined on 9/17/2014Our server was very friendly, the food he recommended was excellent and I'll be coming back for sure.Special Features:
- never disappointsDinnertimeDined on 9/16/2014The aroma when you walk through the door, the wait staff and the food are always top notch. This is one of our favorite go to spots in Boise for entertaining out of town guests. The cocktails are superb although I can never remember the names of the ones from the last time there since they change the menu often.Special Features:
- felt a little ripped offHappyJackWoodburyDined on 9/12/2014I always have the same dinner there, "braised short ribs" this night the portion was much smaller than usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!!!!MerrittDined on 9/11/2014I often will take clients and visiting colleagues to Fork for dinner. On this occasion, I took a friend there who was visiting from Park City and we both thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. At the recommendation of our server, I had the pork tenderloin (new on the menu) and it was phenomenal! My friend had the short ribs (one of my all-time favs) and he said it was one of the best meals he's had a quite a while. And of course, we had to finish it off with butter cake!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placekatsDined on 9/10/2014took my clients here and the service was excellent, food was great and resonably priced. I would recommend this to anyone.Special Features: