199 N. 8th Street
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://boisefork.com/
- Phone: 2082871700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Special Events Fork offers a fantastic Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar!...every Saturday from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Wiley Earl
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering is not offered at this time.
- Private Party Facilities: Menu:
For groups of twelve or more we are happy to create a limited menu from which your guests will order at the event. Custom menus are printed on FORK stationary and placed at each setting. We are happy to create a special heading or include your logo on the menu.
Menu selections are made from our private dining menus or we can customize a menu for you.
FORK is wheelchair accessible, music volume can be adjusted or turned off in your private dining room for your event and lighting level is adjustable to suit your needs.
We are pleased to accommodate any food allergies or dietary restrictions. Please notify us as soon as possible so that we may create something special!
FORK's PDR is equipped with Audio/Visual components for you and your guests to enjoy Power Point presentations, Anniversary/Birthday photos or watch your favorite TV show/event on our 110" screen.
Please contact us directly for pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Cameron Lumsden 2082871700
- Special Events: Fork offers a fantastic Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar!...every Saturday from 11:30 to 3:00pm.
- Cross Street: Idaho
- Public Transit: ◦Fifteen weekday routes that operate between the hours of 5:15 a.m.and 6:45 p.m.
◦Eight Saturday routes that operate between the hours of 7:45 a.m. and 6:45 p.m.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking is available (metered Mon.-Fri. from 9:00am-6:00pm).
Self-parking is available on at two pay lots adjacent to the building:
1) Eastman parking garage (entrances on Idaho Street and Main Street) just West of the restaurant on the South side of the street.
2) Capital Terrace garage located on Idaho Street West of the restaurant.
Both accept credit cards. The first hour of parking is free and each additional hour is $2.50.
A word from Fork
Fork offers cuisine inspired from the Northwest region using the finest and freshest locally sourced ingredients. Fork also offers hand-crafted cocktails, a large selection of regional wines and beers in a rustic yet very warm, welcoming setting. Fork is open for lunch and dinner daily and offers a full-service Saturday brunch with a featured bloody Mary bar and fresh, local ingredients sourced from the Capital City Public Market on Saturday mornings (9:30-2:00pm). Brunch is seasonal and is only offered when CCPM is running.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Fork - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
Fork reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (83)special occasion (66)great for lunch (57)hot spot (55)great for outdoor dining (50)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (45)great for brunch (31)vibrant bar scene (26)romantic (24)notable wine list (20)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (11)scenic view (4)Show More
- Evening on the patioAlohaDined on 8/31/2014Fork serves good quality food at a reasonable price, perhaps making the bottom line by charging a premium for their wines. The beet salad with arugula on a thin piece of grilled cheese was unique and delicious. The restaurant has been open for a few years and is consistently popular with the Boise crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Good food, excellent service, very pleasurable evening. Really appreciate the number of local wines on the wine list.Special Features:
- Rare and rudeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food was undercooked and not refunded. Staff was pushy and rude, mgmt was even worse. Bad experience, would not recommend.
- Superb dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Every bite of this exquisite meal was delicious. We both had steaks and dinner salads. The homemade dressings on the salad are delicious, the steak was flavorful and tender and the sauces and sides are amazing. Loved the potato corn patty with the filet.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundSeattleFoodieDined on 8/26/2014This is our second time dinning at forks. Our server Kelly was amazing, always on top of things and f she was held up helping others someone else filled the gap. Great teamwork at Forks. You can really tell they work hard. The food is excellent even better, my wife and I ordered the same flat iron steak. Both medium rare, hers came back well done. Normally this means a dry chewy steak. At Forks that's not the case, her steak was amazing. 10 stars for the crew at Forks, I would recommend them to my friends, family, and anyone else who enjoys excellent dining. Thanks again Kelly and the rest of the staff at Forks you made our anniversary dinner that much more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okwelovefoodDined on 8/23/2014Used to love this past the past 4 times. Group of 6 - food was just ok. Fries were cold and didn't taste fresh. Service was slow but friendly.
- AspagusMarieDined on 8/23/2014Fun start taking a meal...good deal Selection of entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdwardDined on 8/22/2014Great service ,interesting menu,very good martinisSpecial Features:
- Never Been To BoiseMikeDDined on 8/16/2014We were directed to Fork from a wine tasting and it came up word of mouth as we explored Boise. We went to a late dinner. It's in the "spot" and "scene" of Boise downtown night life. The food was phenomenal and they have a foodie-approved, eclectic menu. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great food, too loud!dontgetoutmuchDined on 8/15/2014We had a great time at Fork on a busy Friday night. The food was excellent and well priced. Our server was attentive but not intrusive, and everything was brought out quickly. My only complaint is the noise level inside the restaurant. It is quite loud and a little hard to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Great and consistentretired1025Dined on 8/15/2014Not our first time, but the fork never disappoints. Good food, friendly, good service, good drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Loved the asparagus sticks! Butter cake was also very special.Special Features:
- Great Outside DiningROnHDined on 8/15/2014Attentive and friendly service. The Boise Chopped Salad remains a winner and a perfect lunch selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraceDined on 8/11/2014Great place to share a delicious meal. My family enjoyed the meal, the server and the abience. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usualStephWVIPDined on 8/11/2014The only issue we had was we asked for out remaining food to be boxed to go - I had almost all of my salad left as I had a large breakfast. The server (guy with tattoos) threw out out leftovers vs boxing them. All else was fine. Fork is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fork is always great!Partyof6Dined on 8/9/2014Book early if you plan on a weekend dinner. I've never had anything unpleasant here. No matter what you choose, make sure you don't leave without having their warm butter cake! The best dessert in this town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PlaceboiseDined on 8/8/2014Food was very tasty and the place is a good spot downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Local CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014My wife and I chose Fork for dinner to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary. The rave reviews our friends had were boldly confirmed; Fork gave us a uniquely wonderful dining experience that left us happy and satisfied. The server was among the best we have ever had and the food was oh-so-good. Thanks Fork!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome - AGAIN!loveanightoutDined on 8/5/2014We've been to Fork three times in the last four months and, so far, has NEVER failed to disappoint! The food is really, really...incredible! Everything we've had has been amazing - from the urban burger and rosemary/Parmesan fries, French dip, apple barrel chicken, BAM Sammy- everything is just great! Service is good, love that they take reservations- planning on going back for the buttermilk fried chicken and cheddar cheese waffle on a Tuesday night. Absolutely a favorite place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll keep trying...SpudmanDined on 8/4/2014I've been here 6 times and always leave kinda disappointed. Brought friends visiting from San Jose for dinner. The atmosphere/"vibe" of Fork is great and the menu looks so interesting/inviting, but service and food quality just never seem to make for a completely positive experience. So-called "rosemary" parm fries had zero rosemary flavor and remained untouched through the entire meal; I made comment to server, but no remedy -- other than an offer when check brought to make another batch. Two of the salads completely overdressed/soggy and very sweet. A side bowl for mussel shells would/should be standard. Burger fine; pasta okay -- although swimming in oil, with bland/bad chopped tomatoes. Would love to have outcome match expectations!Special Features:
- bummedNew2Boise2014Dined on 8/3/2014We ordered 4 items on their menu. The kale salad, mushroom ragout, flank steak fajita sandwich (special of the day) and the salmon filet sandwich. I was completely bummed. I was told this was an excellent restaurant in Boise. The salad was decent. The mushroom ragout was too salty and flat, the fajita sandwich tasted like I could have purchased it at Albertson's and heated it up, and the salmon filet had no flavor. I always order a variety of items when I go out. We did not order any dessert because I feel like if a sauce/dressing or simple sandwich is not tasty, then the dessert is not going to be either. This was our first time at the restaurant and I would rather eat dinner at the Co-op or Whole Foods.
- server was greatLanaDined on 8/2/2014I'm sorry I don't remember or server's name, but he was very helpful in helping us order something new, didn't hover, was very polite and honest about what we would like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best restaurant in Boise area!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014The food is fantastic, the ambience is awesome and the service is superb. Kudos to Jordan, the GM who spoke to us about a 5 minute wait, which we did not mind, he and his team are all on it!Special Features:
- Tasteful in all waysburgerfiendDined on 7/30/2014The online reservation option was easy and convenient. The service was exceptional and quick. The food was timely and delicious. A great place for family, groups or romantic evening for two. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jroehrkeDined on 7/30/2014consistently good food, always good service, has a lot of energySpecial Features:
- Everything is AwesomeJelkinzDined on 7/29/2014The Fork was my sons request for his 18th birthday. We ordered the BAM Sammy, catfish tacos, ravioli, roasted beets & because we were lucky enough to be there early on a Tuesday, we had the fried chicken & waffles! Everything was delicious and unique. Our server, Bree, was attentive, knowledgable and charming. Overall a terrific experience and one we look forward to repeating again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skhmmmDined on 7/28/2014Ambiance is something badly needed in the area and Fork brings it. The food was good and the place was busy, so you felt like you were a part of something. The seating isn't particularly well suited for bigger groups or ultra comfortable. Because of the number of people, it really felt like the meal dragged on a while. Our server was attentive, but it felt like there wasn't enough of her to go around. Overall, definitely a place I'd go back to. With this online reservation we were seated within seconds, but next time I would look for a less brisk opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good RestaurantIlovetoeatDined on 7/26/2014We love Fork! This summer we have taken all our out of town guests for a visit to enjoy the wonderful food that Fork provides. I, especially love the BCS salad but anything on the menu is very good and yummy. I will definitely return to taste other items on the menu, one that caught my eye is the chicken on waffles on Tuesdays. Oh! the dessert to have is the Butter cake. It is served warm with a raspberry sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, what can be better then that. The table and atmosphere, table and waiter was excellent, it was a great time.Special Features:
- Incrediblecollegemama67Dined on 7/26/2014We went to Fork for Father's Day Brunch and since then we have been there for a quick lunch/drinking and now dinner. The food is wonderful and I have yet to find a dish that I didn't like. Heather our server was very professional but did not hover so we had time to talk and finish our meal without feeling that we were being hurried. Plan to make Fork our date night go to.Special Features:
- Great sandwichTakemeoutDined on 7/24/2014Try the Sammy it was amazing! Had a bite if my friends burger-also yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and mediocreDinerSquaredDined on 7/22/2014The dining room was so loud with music and diners that I couldn't hear my wife across the table from me, and each time we tried to speak with the waitress, she had to lean way in to hear us. For the price, the food was mediocre, there was little flavor and it tasted like the chef doesn't use salt at all. Not what we were expecting, pretty disappointed.
- new menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2014Finally got to try the summer menu. Really good foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The best dining experience in years....really...it was amazing. The food was SO good and the service was great too....will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great tasteWaytogoVIPDined on 7/19/2014The Prime rib sandwich was outstanding however the fries were old the tacos were very tasty maybe too many tables for one serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerloverofyumDined on 7/14/2014Our group of 5 had an early dinner, and the restaurant was already filling, especially the outdoor dining. The food was very good, and the service was even better. I'd recommend Fork to anyone looking for a bit of local flair.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerJEVBDined on 7/13/2014We stopped for a night in Boise on our second annual trip to bike in the Rockies. We chose Boise for two reasons, to ride on their fantastic Greenbelt bike path along the river and to eat at Fork. It was wonderful dinner, again. Delicious meal and outstanding staff.Special Features:
- SFtoBoiseDined on 7/8/2014I had lunch at The Fork and had a great experience. However, I will never return for dinner because of the noise level, service from a too busy waitperson, and we were crowded into a very small corner table. We ate in a hurry just to get out of there because it was not pleasant.Special Features:
- PinotPaulVIPDined on 7/8/2014I had their burger and it was better than most. Other items looked good and will try them next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Fork-A Great findllbrudDined on 7/8/2014Very surprised to find this establishment in downtown Boise, top notch service, food and drinks.Special Features:
- Wonderful LocationshinypennyDined on 7/8/2014I love the location and decor. Two friends and I came for lunch and had a nice experience. This is my third trip and I have yet to be wowed by the food. I had the urban burger and it was fine but certainly not the best in Boise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.