Fork & Wrench
2322 Boston St
Baltimore, MD 21224Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Fork & Wrench
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theforkandwrench.com/
- Phone: 4437599360x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday Dinner: 5:00pm -10:00pm
Friday-Saturday Dinner 5:00pm-11:00pm
Saturday Dinner 5pm-11pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday Dinner: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cyrus Keefer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Outside catering considered, Lunch catering available
- Special Events: New Year's Eve Dinner
Valentine's Night Dinner
Chef's Table Tasting Dinners
A word from Fork & Wrench
The Fork & Wrench bar and dining room in Fell’s Prospect, Baltimore offers glocaly sourced, craft made fare and libations. The owners worked for two years to design and hand build the interior space themselves with the goal of evoking the 20’s, 30,s and 40’s working class. There are hints of a workshop, a linen factory line, a pharmacy, a college science lab, and a savings and loan office scattered thru out the rooms, balconies and courtyards of the space. It is their intent to combine the dive bar and 4-star attitudes into one space for the benefit of the “modern day” working class. The kitchen offers craft made fare using all local produce and meats when available. They use old recipes and new techniques (and vice-versa) with global influences to arm their ever-changing menu. We hope you enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Fork & Wrench - Best Restaurants in Fells Point ›
Fork & Wrench reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (133)neighborhood gem (98)special occasion (72)romantic (51)hot spot (32)good for groups (30)great for brunch (20)vibrant bar scene (20)notable wine list (19)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- one happy girlOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014went for dinner at 5:30 so the resturant was on the quiet side but not empty. Enough tables filled so we didn't feel lonely, actually felt romantic. Great decor, learned one of the owners was a set director so that explains it. Waitress was young but very sweet and knew the answer to any questions concerning the menu. Apps were great, sald and hummus. 5 stars for the salad, greens with candied walnuts ( not too sweet or chewy) pomegranate seeds and a warm ball of fried goat cheese, even my date loved it. I had fish, he had scallops and we both cleaned our plates. yes I would go back. Oh and the best part it was 1/2 price on certain bottles of wine and we found an excellent cab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fork and WrenchTempoVIPDined on 10/9/2014Enjoyed the meal and the restaurant. Very good service. Kale salad was great and so was the dessert.Special Features:
- Quirky and deliciousDiningExecVIPDined on 10/4/2014Who knew that a pickle platter and hot wings could be so creative, tasty, and abundant. We 50-ish adults had dinner with our mid-20s son and all enjoyed every item in the meal. Ask the servers for recommendations: they know the menu and will give wise advice. The octopus was complex, the short ribs abundant and delicious, and the soft shell crab was very well prepared, albeit a bit small compared to the other items. The butter cake will not "change your life" as told to us by another patron, but it was pretty darn tasty...worth the calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Each VisitColinVIPDined on 10/3/2014This is the third time We've been to F&W, and each experience has been different. Our first visit was fun and the menu featured many different types of meat: pork, strip, veal, venison. Our next trip, last year, was just OK; the bone marrow let us down. Friday's most recent visit was definitely our best. We sat near the courtyard inside; imagine a farm house. Really laid back atmosphere. Antique store motif. Friendly server, too. The escargot bun was quite rich and the texture of each snail was a wow factor. My ribs were tender and spicy. I didn't even need my knife. My wife's octopus was cooked sous vide; we couldn't have asked for a more perfect texture or flavor: milky and sweet. Well done, F&W.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, priceySadiesmom1993Dined on 10/3/2014Good cocktails, entrees were good but tiny portions. Dessert and coffee good. Service was outstanding. It just wasn't one of those "wow" meals.
- Cool...JenniferVIPDined on 10/3/2014Very interesting and rich "dive bar" fare. We'd go back if we lived in Baltimore! The poutine pork gravy was fabulous though the fries themselves lacked any crisp.Special Features:
- BigEDined on 10/1/2014Great appetizers- entrees only fair- should have sides choices with entrée- doubt if we return, even though we are close by
- Bday dinnerDizzyDDined on 9/30/2014Had a great time the food was good but the customers behind us was very loud and annoying . Besides that everything was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, outrageous pricesKarenVIPDined on 9/28/2014We're happy to finally have made it here after hearing so many good things. Everything we tried was really delicious! However, there were a couple things that didn't meet our expectations. Two of the burgers we ordered were cooked longer than we requested, yet were still pretty tasty. Also, we all agreed that the prices and portions of some of the meals seemed off. We spent $36 on the soft crab meal and it was much smaller than we expected and came with no sides. Spending $36 on a meal and still feeling hungry afterwards was not fun. That being said, there were a lot of better priced items on the menu that sounded delicious, so we'll likely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchErinVIPDined on 9/28/2014The brunch menu may not be available online, but do not let that stop you from going to F&W for brunch. We went on a Sunday at 11am and it was very quiet, with lots of tables available. I think that word has not yet spread about just how good this brunch is, so this is a good time to give it a try. The menu is just as creative and tasty as the dinner menu, with many different dishes, both app and entree type plates. We started with the (excellent) cheese plate and then got the omelet and the whiskey honey hash. I literally do not have a single criticism other than I would have liked one or two more meat-free options, but probably most people would not agree. DO NOT SKIP DESSERT- you will regret it!!! Overall, enjoyable in every way.Special Features:
- My new fave neighborhood spotsusanmkVIPDined on 9/26/2014I had heard of Fork & Wrench but really had no idea what the food would be like. Friends just said-- go try it. They were right. Everything was fantastic! The food is a lot like their ambiance- Old School (in a good way) American food favorites (with a Southern influence) with some nice twists. And the servers-- really knowledgable about the menu and gave great recommendations. (shout out to Michael). I hate going to a restaurant and I ask about an item-- and the server has NEVER tried it and has no opinion except-- "I dunno, I guess it's good." It was our anniversary and they could not have been nicer. I am definitely becoming a regular here!Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Menu was unique (e.g. beer syrup). Entrees were balanced (shrimp with nduja and soft shell).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sold on the service, rad feelAdiEmDined on 9/20/2014Yeah, it's fine dining, but in a really cool way. When we got there we found that open table had some kind of glitch and didn't post our reservation. Rather than being treated like fibbers or "lesser thans" we were completely welcomed even though they were pretty booked. Sweetest host ever. Our waiter was amazing. The ambiance is one of the main reasons we would go back. Baltimore is getting cooler by the year, I see. None of that cheesy "bro" crap or plastic "mod" decor suited for suits and their "neutral toned-play-it-safe-stick-with-basics" ladies they cart around. The food is FANTASTIC. Some of the best, really. Sweet people, sweet scene, unbelievable food, great time. Much love. We will so be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Delicious!ehgeekDined on 9/20/2014Every year we head to Baltimore for the cyclocross race. Every year we try a new, nice restaurant. I'm so glad I found Fork & Wrench. This will be a repeat restaurant going forward. The drink list was creative and delicious (hooray for Bluecoat Gin being served). The apps were incredible (Scotch Egg and Steak Tartare). But the entrees were out of this world. We had the scallops and pork. My husband really enjoyed the scallops, but thought I'd won the night with the pork dish. It was amazing, and unlike anything I've ever had. The desserts sounded amazing, but we ended with a post-dinner drink. Wonderful service as well!Special Features:
- My local gemElisiaDined on 9/19/2014Love this place. They have local & sustainable food that is seasonal and delicious. I took some work associates that are big foodies here and they were very excited & pleased. Escargot appetizer was amazing and the octopus a la plancha entre was delicious as well. I keep coming back :)Special Features:
- A new fabulous Baltimore FindMarciGVIPDined on 9/17/2014I was unable to get reservations at the restaurant we wanted to go to and found this one on Yelp. It sounded different and a group of friends decided to give it a try. We were seated upstairs which is kitchy and quaint. The server was remarkable. The rest of my party was over a 1/2 hour late and she did everything to ease my discomfort and let me know it was no problem. The food was interesting, and as I said to our server-"If I was home, i would have licked the plate clean!" Two of us had the mussels, i had them without the sausage-scrumptious, succlent and the sauce was to die for. Main courses: 1 Artic Char, 1 Shrimp, 2 Scallops. Everyone loved theirs-I had the scallops which were seared to perfection. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- A great mealjemassonDined on 9/13/2014The food was great, the service was impeccable and the drinks were sublime. I enjoyed being able to send "Kitchen Love" to the chefs that made everything so great.Special Features:
- Plate-Licking Good!jkhcharmcityDined on 9/13/2014I took my boyfriend and another couple to F&W because I wanted them to experience this restaurant GEM! They were not disappointed. Our waiter Chuck was absolutely excellent. He enthusiastically made recommendations and each was delicious. The non-adventurous would probably look at the menu and say, "hmmmm," but oh do the flavors come together! We had the kale salad, escargot and the poutine as appetizers. For dinner we had the ribs, the scallops and the veggie tacos. Two words: HEH-VUN!!! We walked out with smiles on our faces knowing that we had just experienced the best of Baltimore's dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurtDined on 9/13/2014On a busy Saturday evening, with a packed house and related noise, our server Kay made the dining experience better. The decor is interesting and service is prompt. Valet parking helps tremendously as its difficult to find a space nearby. After ordering from the comprehensive cocktail menu, we shared varying orders of ribs, escargot, octopus, shrimp gnocchi and scallops. Both first and main plates were developed with unusual flavors which we all loved. Prices are reasonable and we had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodie find!KerriVIPDined on 9/10/2014We really enjoyed our entire dining experience at the Fork & Wrench. The restaurant and menu was interesting, our waiter was knowledgeable and helpful, and the food was unique and very tasty. We look forward to returning here throughout the year to check out their ever-changing menu.Special Features:
- JimHVIPDined on 9/8/2014The Kale Salad is amazing. It is now something of a staple in our food routine. Service is excellent and the bar is quite enjoyable both for the drinks and the ambiance. If you haven't tried it, you're missing out on something good. Plus, we've been seated next to several famous folks in for the various programs being filmed here. So it must be good if Hollywood knows about it.Special Features:
- great food, atmosphere and servicemikemcDined on 9/5/2014This is the second time dining here and it was even better than the first time. Chuck waited on us both times and is fantastic! He is funny, knowledgeable and treats you like a guest in his home. We were a table of 5 and everyone enjoyed everything we ordered. The chicken liver mousse is incredible, soft shell crabs PERFECT! Just an overall great time. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost GreatLeighDined on 9/5/2014We had mixed feelings about our experience at Fork & Wrench. Parking is a challenge but thankfully they have valet parking so no worries there. The atmosphere is cool - trendy kitsch meets industrial. The server was excellent - friendly, informative... and the drinks were very good. I had a version of an old-fashioned with a bunch of fresh muddled peaches in there and my dinner date had something with gin which he really enjoyed. We ordered two small plates - the escargot bun, which was disappointing and lacking in the escargot area, and the scotch egg, which was very tasty. We left after that to walk around some more but if we'd stayed we weren't sure what else we'd have ordered. The menu just didn't quite excite us but we'll be back.Special Features:
- CaitlinDined on 8/28/2014Didn't love the food but the ambiance made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this placedzrjrDined on 8/26/2014While many new restaurants strive for a retro look, this place feels like it has been the same for 60 years. Intense care by the owners in both the food and experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Foodie's DreamTerriVIPDined on 8/24/2014Elvis bananna bread pudding with peanut-butter icing and bacon bits, a crispy, sausage coated Scottish egg and a bbq'd short rib with Korean potato salad left my husband and I delighted. We are planning are next visit soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014great neighborhood spot. Food was great. Staff very friendly. Will not be disappointedSpecial Features:
- checkamte57Dined on 8/23/2014This place is amazing. They do a great job of elevating dishes and the staff is awesome. Make sure you buy a pint of PBR for the back of the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always something innovativeopen4newfoodsDined on 8/23/2014Although I have made these polenta gnoochi at home and they are called gnudi, I thought that the shrimp dish was devine. Kudos to Janae the pastry chef for the chocolate cake dessert.Special Features:
- Still Pretty GoodDeannaVIPDined on 8/23/2014It had been several months since the last time we dined at F&W. The menu had changed a bit and a few things we wanted to order were no longer available. We were disappointed at first, but then we realized it as an opportunity to try some new things. And boy were we glad we did. Everything we had was delicious, just like before. The Scotch egg was great, as was the pork katsu. So tender was the pork. The peach cobbler had juicy peaches and delectable cream and was more than enough for two. My one complaint is that our server (male) had dirty fingernails. To me, dirty fingernails mean dirty hands. And dirty hands have no place around food. So, owner, if you are reading, please remind your staff of the importance of proper hygiene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- silvergemDined on 8/22/2014We had great service and the food was excellent. Very different dishes. Ones you don't see anywhere else. Would definitely go back. Love the neighborhood feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in BaltimoreRarelyReviewsDined on 8/22/2014Decor couldn't have been nicer: Rustic and tasteful, stylish and casual. Service was wonderful: 2 for dinner, our waiter, Chuck, was great. He made us feel at ease, explained the menu exceedingly well, and had a great sense of when we needed something. Food was fantastic: Menu has exciting, different items, and familiar ones with a twist. We had the Scotch egg, the poutine, the mussels, the grilled octopus, and a custard with macerated berries for dessert. Each dish was flavorful, beautiful, interesting. Small plates were very generous - we ordered too much, but no complaints! The cocktails were delicious. To us, it compared favorably to Woodberry Kitchen, and definitely to Salt. We will go back and have things we didn't try.Special Features:
- Mostly excellentValerieDined on 8/19/2014The service and food were excellent. The only thing that spoiled our evening was the noise which was so loud we really couldn't hear each other talk. The appetizer list is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbJosephDined on 8/16/2014Exceptionally fine experience. Engaging and informed wait staff, inventive menu. Very congenial bar scene. Highly recommended as restaurant for regular use as well as for very special occasions.Special Features:
- Another Great ExperienceGeorgeVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our second time to F&W, and our second wonderful experience. We sat at the bar before dinner and had some tasty cocktails. It was good to see some local beers and spirits being poured. After the bar we sat in the small courtyard for dinner. Imhad the shrimp with gnocchi while my wife had the short ribs with corn ravioli. It was all fantastic. The service was excellent as well. I highly recommend Fork & Wrench.Special Features:
- Outstanding, unique foodJasonDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is best for broadening your horizons and trying things that you might not try elsewhere. Octopus, escargot, raw kale salad, etc. While they have standard fare, I honestly think you'll be disappointed if you don't branch out as the portions are on the smaller side and it's really the variety and uniqueness from the norm that stands out. Of note, the cocktail list is extensive. I'm super impressed they spent the time to have 28 classic and unique cocktails on their menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Very interesting menu, although limited. Cocktail menu extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be adventurousCypressdDined on 8/14/2014The menu at F&W can be a little intimidating unless you are a serious foodie. However, our waiter did a wonderful job of explaining many of the dishes and offering suggestions. We were a party of six and the service couldn't have been more perfect. We ordered 4 appetizers for the table at the suggestion of the server. Escargot bun, chicken wings, cheese tray and pickle barrel. All were delicious but the pickle barrel a little sparse for the cost. That being said, there was plenty of food to go around. Entrées fabulous (kale salad, short ribs, pork ribs and soft shell crab). This place is noisy. If a quiet dinner is your thing, make sure you ask for a quiet spot (if possible). All that said, our experience will bring us back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable anniversaryColeDined on 8/14/2014The F&W staff went out of their way to make our 2 yr special. This is the spot we had our first date.. And we will keep returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencejoannaDined on 8/9/2014Six of us enjoyed the large table on the top floor Atmosphere is terrific Our wait staff was knowledgable and accommodating But... There needs to be at least two staff to service this area when all tables are seated Food was innovative and well portioned Would like to see a great steak entree added Also suggest some small offering be served with drinks... On the house Overall enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.