Fork & Wrench
2322 Boston St
Baltimore, MD 21224Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Fork & Wrench
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theforkandwrench.com/
- Phone: (443) 759-9360
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday Dinner: 5:00pm -10:00pm
Friday-Saturday Dinner 5:00pm-11:00pm
Saturday Dinner 5pm-11pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday Dinner: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Outside catering considered, Lunch catering available
A word from Fork & Wrench
The Fork & Wrench bar and dining room in Fell’s Prospect, Baltimore offers glocaly sourced, craft made fare and libations. The owners worked for two years to design and hand build the interior space themselves with the goal of evoking the 20’s, 30,s and 40’s working class. There are hints of a workshop, a linen factory line, a pharmacy, a college science lab, and a savings and loan office scattered thru out the rooms, balconies and courtyards of the space. It is their intent to combine the dive bar and 4-star attitudes into one space for the benefit of the “modern day” working class. The kitchen offers craft made fare using all local produce and meats when available. They use old recipes and new techniques (and vice-versa) with global influences to arm their ever-changing menu. We hope you enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Fork & Wrench - Best Restaurants in Fells Point ›
Fork & Wrench reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (147)neighborhood gem (122)special occasion (81)romantic (61)hot spot (44)good for groups (36)vibrant bar scene (27)notable wine list (26)great for brunch (21)late-night find (12)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Love this placeAGKindDined on 11/20/2014We came for a special event with several friends and fork & a Wrench did not disappoint. One of our favorite local spots, with great food, and a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique SpotGinaDined on 11/16/2014Decided to try with some friends--the restaurant was smaller than expected. Went on a Sunday evening so it was pretty quiet downstairs where we sat. The atmosphere was unique, with interesting decorations. The drinks were great and fairly reasonable. I thought the prices for food was a bit high--food was good, but not very plentiful. Overall, it was a great place to hang out, but wouldn't expect much if you are really hungry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic drinks, good foodMelanieDined on 11/15/2014The bartenders make fantastic cocktails - making a great start to the evening. My friend and I elected to get appetizers to share, rather than entrees. The pork belly was yummy, but the octopus left a bit to be desired.The fried oysters were AMAZING. The cheese plate was eh. We left thinking we'd had a good dinner, but not an exceptional meal. Our server was lovely, but the service was a bit slow. (It was a Saturday night, so this isn't a huge deal, but I do want to note it.) The place has great ambiance. And a shout-out to the host, who let us plug in a dying iPhone at the host stand. He was slammed, and still accommodated us. Thank you! (Oh - and a celebrity sighting! The main cast of Veep ate dinner next to us. Heyyy, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/14/2014I've dined here many times and the experience is always perfection. From the talented chefs and bartenders to the personable waitstaff and hosts, The Fork & Wrench is the total package. The braised pork cheeks I ordered as an entree made for one of the best meals I've had in a very long time. For dessert, we ordered the donuts and the butter ice cream. I simply cannot do those dishes any justice by attempting to describe how delicious they were. This is my absolute favorite spot in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No muss, no fussFoodieVIPDined on 11/11/2014It was a no muss, no fuss. Service was standard. The food was good. We live in the area so we walked there for dinner. It was a Tuesday and some of the wines were 50% off. We got a bottle of red. It's a good neighborhood spot. I'd go again. I'd also recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expected a lot more...aak9Dined on 11/9/2014I am disappointed by my first visit to Fork and Wrench. My boyfriend and I wanted a late date night on Sunday night. We made a reservation and got seated right away. The place was mostly empty so we figured we'd get good service. Our waitress was spacey and wasn't as present as we needed. We were halfway finished our dinner when we finally got the bottle of wine we ordered to eat with our dinner. My entree, the pork cheeks, was really underwhelming considering all the great things I've heard about the restaurant. My boyfriend got veal for dinner and it was much better than mine. Overall, not sure I'm in a hurry to come back. The desserts were excellent, however the timing and missteps of our waitress made the experience an overall miss.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingCorporateDinerDined on 11/6/2014This was the fourth time we have been to F&W with a group of co-workers. The food continues to be great, but the service from the server/bartender is always great. She gives great advice and stirs up specialty cocktails which are outstanding. The food is always great and the environment is eclectic and fun. This time special kudos to the pastry chef. The specialty donuts were great and the chef was very engaging, friendly. Fantastic experience as always.Special Features:
- Great time!CakesVIPDined on 11/4/2014Four of us had dinner at F&W for my wife's birthday on a Tuesday night. The cocktail I had (Oaxaca something) was delicious . It was half price wine night so we got two bottles of a nice pinot noir. The service was excellent - I think there was an event upstairs so the bartender served us downstairs. The food was great, especially the octopus and pork belly starter. Wowsers! Overall we had a great time and will be going back again.
- Great spotCCarterDined on 11/3/2014Every time we've gone here it has been fabulous. Start with drinks at the bar, then move on to a wonderful table in one of three great locations in the restaurant. Good for a group or a romantic evening for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Sunday Night at F&WDandyDined on 11/2/2014From our arrival through our departure, our experience was ideal. There were four of us dining together, and we all ordered very different appetizers and main courses. Each dish was yummy.... and beautifully presented. The beet salad was excellent; the escargot in pastry was superb; the vegetarian offering was a mushroom stew that was earthy and rich; and the veal dish was the best ever. The wine prices are very fair, and the selection ideally suited for the menu. We enjoyed every minute.Special Features:
- Gourmet Food in CantonBigredDined on 11/1/2014With a new chef and menu, the Fork and Wrench offers excellent food, terrific service and an interesting dining atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014I'm a big fan of Fork & Wrench, and the food and service were excellent, as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New tastes!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014Very fun, imaginative food! Wait staff is very well informed on all the menu options and offer good suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming and deliciouskatherineinbutchershillDined on 10/27/2014A big congrats to fork and wrench always the best food and coolest french fusion place in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackNjillDined on 10/27/2014Amazing! Celebrating a birthday and they took amazing care of us! Food is excellent! Best meal in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experience!FamilyfoodiesDined on 10/25/2014We booked through open table, requesting a "fun "table and were happily accommodated! Our server offered numerous suggestions, the food was outstanding- all very interesting, tasty, price appropriate. Will definitely return and recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood FindPeggyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Had to rush to Baltimore to relocate my daughter. Had no time to really check out restaurants. Heard of Fork and Wrench, so I booked us a table after a long day of apartment hunting. Fork and Wrench didn't disappoint. Great drinks, friendly staff, and my daughter said the veggie tacos were great. I had the shrimp dish which was good, not spectacular, but if I went back again, I think I would have gone with the waiter's suggestion of pork or short ribs. Will return to try those dishes out. Parking is very, very difficult, so spend the 7 dollars and use their valet. Or take a taxi. Not worth going round and round trying to find a space on the street.Special Features:
- F&W_Fan4SeasonaFanVIPDined on 10/25/2014Our meal was FABULOUS! The decor was a pleasant surprise. Very hip. The drink selection is unique & lovely. My guests and I would definitely return to sample some of the other culinary treasures on the menu!Special Features:
- Dinerclub85Dined on 10/24/2014Mediocre and overpriced. Wasn't bad, but nothing special. The shrimp entree had 4 shrimp.
- Consistently ExcellentYummyVIPDined on 10/22/2014The food and service at Fork & Wrench has been consistently excellent every time I visit. I'm vegetarian and the menu might look not-so-veggie friendly but in addition to their vegetarian entree they frequently run vegetarian/vegan specials. The appetizers are so good... kale salad, yum. And the vegetarian tacos are unlike any others I have eaten. I always look forward to my nights out at Fork & Wrench and have yet to be disappointed.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014I know that this is a favorite of celebrities that are in town for filming so I was really looking forward to my first visit. I was disappointed by the service and the food. The waiter did not know what was on tap and couldn't remember after going to ask the bartender. In his defense, he did recommend the bartender's specialty cocktail and that was delicious. My mussels were very small and cold with not enough sauce.Special Features:
- one happy girlmichele1Dined on 10/14/2014went for dinner at 5:30 so the resturant was on the quiet side but not empty. Enough tables filled so we didn't feel lonely, actually felt romantic. Great decor, learned one of the owners was a set director so that explains it. Waitress was young but very sweet and knew the answer to any questions concerning the menu. Apps were great, sald and hummus. 5 stars for the salad, greens with candied walnuts ( not too sweet or chewy) pomegranate seeds and a warm ball of fried goat cheese, even my date loved it. I had fish, he had scallops and we both cleaned our plates. yes I would go back. Oh and the best part it was 1/2 price on certain bottles of wine and we found an excellent cab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fork and WrenchTempoVIPDined on 10/9/2014Enjoyed the meal and the restaurant. Very good service. Kale salad was great and so was the dessert.Special Features:
- Quirky and deliciousDiningExecVIPDined on 10/4/2014Who knew that a pickle platter and hot wings could be so creative, tasty, and abundant. We 50-ish adults had dinner with our mid-20s son and all enjoyed every item in the meal. Ask the servers for recommendations: they know the menu and will give wise advice. The octopus was complex, the short ribs abundant and delicious, and the soft shell crab was very well prepared, albeit a bit small compared to the other items. The butter cake will not "change your life" as told to us by another patron, but it was pretty darn tasty...worth the calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Each VisitColinVIPDined on 10/3/2014This is the third time We've been to F&W, and each experience has been different. Our first visit was fun and the menu featured many different types of meat: pork, strip, veal, venison. Our next trip, last year, was just OK; the bone marrow let us down. Friday's most recent visit was definitely our best. We sat near the courtyard inside; imagine a farm house. Really laid back atmosphere. Antique store motif. Friendly server, too. The escargot bun was quite rich and the texture of each snail was a wow factor. My ribs were tender and spicy. I didn't even need my knife. My wife's octopus was cooked sous vide; we couldn't have asked for a more perfect texture or flavor: milky and sweet. Well done, F&W.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, priceySadiesmom1993Dined on 10/3/2014Good cocktails, entrees were good but tiny portions. Dessert and coffee good. Service was outstanding. It just wasn't one of those "wow" meals.
- Cool...JenniferVIPDined on 10/3/2014Very interesting and rich "dive bar" fare. We'd go back if we lived in Baltimore! The poutine pork gravy was fabulous though the fries themselves lacked any crisp.Special Features:
- BigEDined on 10/1/2014Great appetizers- entrees only fair- should have sides choices with entrée- doubt if we return, even though we are close by
- Bday dinnerDizzyDDined on 9/30/2014Had a great time the food was good but the customers behind us was very loud and annoying . Besides that everything was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, outrageous pricesKarenVIPDined on 9/28/2014We're happy to finally have made it here after hearing so many good things. Everything we tried was really delicious! However, there were a couple things that didn't meet our expectations. Two of the burgers we ordered were cooked longer than we requested, yet were still pretty tasty. Also, we all agreed that the prices and portions of some of the meals seemed off. We spent $36 on the soft crab meal and it was much smaller than we expected and came with no sides. Spending $36 on a meal and still feeling hungry afterwards was not fun. That being said, there were a lot of better priced items on the menu that sounded delicious, so we'll likely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchErinVIPDined on 9/28/2014The brunch menu may not be available online, but do not let that stop you from going to F&W for brunch. We went on a Sunday at 11am and it was very quiet, with lots of tables available. I think that word has not yet spread about just how good this brunch is, so this is a good time to give it a try. The menu is just as creative and tasty as the dinner menu, with many different dishes, both app and entree type plates. We started with the (excellent) cheese plate and then got the omelet and the whiskey honey hash. I literally do not have a single criticism other than I would have liked one or two more meat-free options, but probably most people would not agree. DO NOT SKIP DESSERT- you will regret it!!! Overall, enjoyable in every way.Special Features:
- My new fave neighborhood spotsusanmkVIPDined on 9/26/2014I had heard of Fork & Wrench but really had no idea what the food would be like. Friends just said-- go try it. They were right. Everything was fantastic! The food is a lot like their ambiance- Old School (in a good way) American food favorites (with a Southern influence) with some nice twists. And the servers-- really knowledgable about the menu and gave great recommendations. (shout out to Michael). I hate going to a restaurant and I ask about an item-- and the server has NEVER tried it and has no opinion except-- "I dunno, I guess it's good." It was our anniversary and they could not have been nicer. I am definitely becoming a regular here!Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Menu was unique (e.g. beer syrup). Entrees were balanced (shrimp with nduja and soft shell).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sold on the service, rad feelAdiEmDined on 9/20/2014Yeah, it's fine dining, but in a really cool way. When we got there we found that open table had some kind of glitch and didn't post our reservation. Rather than being treated like fibbers or "lesser thans" we were completely welcomed even though they were pretty booked. Sweetest host ever. Our waiter was amazing. The ambiance is one of the main reasons we would go back. Baltimore is getting cooler by the year, I see. None of that cheesy "bro" crap or plastic "mod" decor suited for suits and their "neutral toned-play-it-safe-stick-with-basics" ladies they cart around. The food is FANTASTIC. Some of the best, really. Sweet people, sweet scene, unbelievable food, great time. Much love. We will so be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Delicious!ehgeekDined on 9/20/2014Every year we head to Baltimore for the cyclocross race. Every year we try a new, nice restaurant. I'm so glad I found Fork & Wrench. This will be a repeat restaurant going forward. The drink list was creative and delicious (hooray for Bluecoat Gin being served). The apps were incredible (Scotch Egg and Steak Tartare). But the entrees were out of this world. We had the scallops and pork. My husband really enjoyed the scallops, but thought I'd won the night with the pork dish. It was amazing, and unlike anything I've ever had. The desserts sounded amazing, but we ended with a post-dinner drink. Wonderful service as well!Special Features:
- My local gemElisiaDined on 9/19/2014Love this place. They have local & sustainable food that is seasonal and delicious. I took some work associates that are big foodies here and they were very excited & pleased. Escargot appetizer was amazing and the octopus a la plancha entre was delicious as well. I keep coming back :)Special Features:
- A new fabulous Baltimore FindMarciGVIPDined on 9/17/2014I was unable to get reservations at the restaurant we wanted to go to and found this one on Yelp. It sounded different and a group of friends decided to give it a try. We were seated upstairs which is kitchy and quaint. The server was remarkable. The rest of my party was over a 1/2 hour late and she did everything to ease my discomfort and let me know it was no problem. The food was interesting, and as I said to our server-"If I was home, i would have licked the plate clean!" Two of us had the mussels, i had them without the sausage-scrumptious, succlent and the sauce was to die for. Main courses: 1 Artic Char, 1 Shrimp, 2 Scallops. Everyone loved theirs-I had the scallops which were seared to perfection. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- A great mealjemassonDined on 9/13/2014The food was great, the service was impeccable and the drinks were sublime. I enjoyed being able to send "Kitchen Love" to the chefs that made everything so great.Special Features:
- Plate-Licking Good!jkhcharmcityDined on 9/13/2014I took my boyfriend and another couple to F&W because I wanted them to experience this restaurant GEM! They were not disappointed. Our waiter Chuck was absolutely excellent. He enthusiastically made recommendations and each was delicious. The non-adventurous would probably look at the menu and say, "hmmmm," but oh do the flavors come together! We had the kale salad, escargot and the poutine as appetizers. For dinner we had the ribs, the scallops and the veggie tacos. Two words: HEH-VUN!!! We walked out with smiles on our faces knowing that we had just experienced the best of Baltimore's dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurtDined on 9/13/2014On a busy Saturday evening, with a packed house and related noise, our server Kay made the dining experience better. The decor is interesting and service is prompt. Valet parking helps tremendously as its difficult to find a space nearby. After ordering from the comprehensive cocktail menu, we shared varying orders of ribs, escargot, octopus, shrimp gnocchi and scallops. Both first and main plates were developed with unusual flavors which we all loved. Prices are reasonable and we had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.