Fork & Wrench
2322 Boston St
Baltimore, MD 21224Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Fork & Wrench
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theforkandwrench.com/
- Phone: 4437599360x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday Dinner: 5:00pm -10:00pm
Friday-Saturday Dinner 5:00pm-11:00pm
Saturday Dinner 5pm-11pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday Dinner: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cyrus Keefer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Outside catering considered, Lunch catering available
- Special Events: New Year's Eve Dinner
Valentine's Night Dinner
Chef's Table Tasting Dinners
A word from Fork & Wrench
The Fork & Wrench bar and dining room in Fell’s Prospect, Baltimore offers glocaly sourced, craft made fare and libations. The owners worked for two years to design and hand build the interior space themselves with the goal of evoking the 20’s, 30,s and 40’s working class. There are hints of a workshop, a linen factory line, a pharmacy, a college science lab, and a savings and loan office scattered thru out the rooms, balconies and courtyards of the space. It is their intent to combine the dive bar and 4-star attitudes into one space for the benefit of the “modern day” working class. The kitchen offers craft made fare using all local produce and meats when available. They use old recipes and new techniques (and vice-versa) with global influences to arm their ever-changing menu. We hope you enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Fork & Wrench - Best Restaurants in Fells Point ›
Fork & Wrench reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (142)neighborhood gem (106)special occasion (78)romantic (52)good for groups (27)hot spot (26)great for brunch (25)great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (18)notable wine list (17)late-night find (13)great for lunch (8)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- A great mealjemassonDined on 9/13/2014The food was great, the service was impeccable and the drinks were sublime. I enjoyed being able to send "Kitchen Love" to the chefs that made everything so great.Special Features:
- Plate-Licking Good!jkhcharmcityDined on 9/13/2014I took my boyfriend and another couple to F&W because I wanted them to experience this restaurant GEM! They were not disappointed. Our waiter Chuck was absolutely excellent. He enthusiastically made recommendations and each was delicious. The non-adventurous would probably look at the menu and say, "hmmmm," but oh do the flavors come together! We had the kale salad, escargot and the poutine as appetizers. For dinner we had the ribs, the scallops and the veggie tacos. Two words: HEH-VUN!!! We walked out with smiles on our faces knowing that we had just experienced the best of Baltimore's dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurtDined on 9/13/2014On a busy Saturday evening, with a packed house and related noise, our server Kay made the dining experience better. The decor is interesting and service is prompt. Valet parking helps tremendously as its difficult to find a space nearby. After ordering from the comprehensive cocktail menu, we shared varying orders of ribs, escargot, octopus, shrimp gnocchi and scallops. Both first and main plates were developed with unusual flavors which we all loved. Prices are reasonable and we had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimHVIPDined on 9/8/2014The Kale Salad is amazing. It is now something of a staple in our food routine. Service is excellent and the bar is quite enjoyable both for the drinks and the ambiance. If you haven't tried it, you're missing out on something good. Plus, we've been seated next to several famous folks in for the various programs being filmed here. So it must be good if Hollywood knows about it.Special Features:
- great food, atmosphere and servicemikemcDined on 9/5/2014This is the second time dining here and it was even better than the first time. Chuck waited on us both times and is fantastic! He is funny, knowledgeable and treats you like a guest in his home. We were a table of 5 and everyone enjoyed everything we ordered. The chicken liver mousse is incredible, soft shell crabs PERFECT! Just an overall great time. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost GreatLeighDined on 9/5/2014We had mixed feelings about our experience at Fork & Wrench. Parking is a challenge but thankfully they have valet parking so no worries there. The atmosphere is cool - trendy kitsch meets industrial. The server was excellent - friendly, informative... and the drinks were very good. I had a version of an old-fashioned with a bunch of fresh muddled peaches in there and my dinner date had something with gin which he really enjoyed. We ordered two small plates - the escargot bun, which was disappointing and lacking in the escargot area, and the scotch egg, which was very tasty. We left after that to walk around some more but if we'd stayed we weren't sure what else we'd have ordered. The menu just didn't quite excite us but we'll be back.Special Features:
- CaitlinDined on 8/28/2014Didn't love the food but the ambiance made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this placedzrjrDined on 8/26/2014While many new restaurants strive for a retro look, this place feels like it has been the same for 60 years. Intense care by the owners in both the food and experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Foodie's DreamTerriVIPDined on 8/24/2014Elvis bananna bread pudding with peanut-butter icing and bacon bits, a crispy, sausage coated Scottish egg and a bbq'd short rib with Korean potato salad left my husband and I delighted. We are planning are next visit soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014great neighborhood spot. Food was great. Staff very friendly. Will not be disappointedSpecial Features:
- checkamte57Dined on 8/23/2014This place is amazing. They do a great job of elevating dishes and the staff is awesome. Make sure you buy a pint of PBR for the back of the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always something innovativeopen4newfoodsDined on 8/23/2014Although I have made these polenta gnoochi at home and they are called gnudi, I thought that the shrimp dish was devine. Kudos to Janae the pastry chef for the chocolate cake dessert.Special Features:
- Still Pretty GoodDeannaVIPDined on 8/23/2014It had been several months since the last time we dined at F&W. The menu had changed a bit and a few things we wanted to order were no longer available. We were disappointed at first, but then we realized it as an opportunity to try some new things. And boy were we glad we did. Everything we had was delicious, just like before. The Scotch egg was great, as was the pork katsu. So tender was the pork. The peach cobbler had juicy peaches and delectable cream and was more than enough for two. My one complaint is that our server (male) had dirty fingernails. To me, dirty fingernails mean dirty hands. And dirty hands have no place around food. So, owner, if you are reading, please remind your staff of the importance of proper hygiene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- silvergemDined on 8/22/2014We had great service and the food was excellent. Very different dishes. Ones you don't see anywhere else. Would definitely go back. Love the neighborhood feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in BaltimoreRarelyReviewsDined on 8/22/2014Decor couldn't have been nicer: Rustic and tasteful, stylish and casual. Service was wonderful: 2 for dinner, our waiter, Chuck, was great. He made us feel at ease, explained the menu exceedingly well, and had a great sense of when we needed something. Food was fantastic: Menu has exciting, different items, and familiar ones with a twist. We had the Scotch egg, the poutine, the mussels, the grilled octopus, and a custard with macerated berries for dessert. Each dish was flavorful, beautiful, interesting. Small plates were very generous - we ordered too much, but no complaints! The cocktails were delicious. To us, it compared favorably to Woodberry Kitchen, and definitely to Salt. We will go back and have things we didn't try.Special Features:
- Mostly excellentValerieDined on 8/19/2014The service and food were excellent. The only thing that spoiled our evening was the noise which was so loud we really couldn't hear each other talk. The appetizer list is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbJosephDined on 8/16/2014Exceptionally fine experience. Engaging and informed wait staff, inventive menu. Very congenial bar scene. Highly recommended as restaurant for regular use as well as for very special occasions.Special Features:
- Another Great ExperienceGeorgeVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our second time to F&W, and our second wonderful experience. We sat at the bar before dinner and had some tasty cocktails. It was good to see some local beers and spirits being poured. After the bar we sat in the small courtyard for dinner. Imhad the shrimp with gnocchi while my wife had the short ribs with corn ravioli. It was all fantastic. The service was excellent as well. I highly recommend Fork & Wrench.Special Features:
- Outstanding, unique foodJasonDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is best for broadening your horizons and trying things that you might not try elsewhere. Octopus, escargot, raw kale salad, etc. While they have standard fare, I honestly think you'll be disappointed if you don't branch out as the portions are on the smaller side and it's really the variety and uniqueness from the norm that stands out. Of note, the cocktail list is extensive. I'm super impressed they spent the time to have 28 classic and unique cocktails on their menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Very interesting menu, although limited. Cocktail menu extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be adventurousCypressdDined on 8/14/2014The menu at F&W can be a little intimidating unless you are a serious foodie. However, our waiter did a wonderful job of explaining many of the dishes and offering suggestions. We were a party of six and the service couldn't have been more perfect. We ordered 4 appetizers for the table at the suggestion of the server. Escargot bun, chicken wings, cheese tray and pickle barrel. All were delicious but the pickle barrel a little sparse for the cost. That being said, there was plenty of food to go around. Entrées fabulous (kale salad, short ribs, pork ribs and soft shell crab). This place is noisy. If a quiet dinner is your thing, make sure you ask for a quiet spot (if possible). All that said, our experience will bring us back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable anniversaryColeDined on 8/14/2014The F&W staff went out of their way to make our 2 yr special. This is the spot we had our first date.. And we will keep returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencejoannaDined on 8/9/2014Six of us enjoyed the large table on the top floor Atmosphere is terrific Our wait staff was knowledgable and accommodating But... There needs to be at least two staff to service this area when all tables are seated Food was innovative and well portioned Would like to see a great steak entree added Also suggest some small offering be served with drinks... On the house Overall enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmandanandaAmandanandaDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant was recommended by a chef/foodie. Fork and Wrench totally delivered! Innovative cocktails, creative small plates, delicious all-around. The service and atmosphere were just right. Our group of six loved it. The added gratuity made the calculations at the end of the evening easy. yum!Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Upscale but not pretentious. The food was outstanding and the service is great. Very interesting decor with historic feel. Definitely a place to frequent!Special Features:
- It was a nice barOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014We stopped by Fork & Wrench because we were looking for good creme brulee and they were noted as having a good one. The creme brulee was quite different then normal creme brulee but still very good but not great. The drinks were expensive but you got a decent amount. My wife ordered a Manhattan which decent. Overall a fine evening but nothing to write home about.
- ask12Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent food and drinks! Knowledgable servers. Not terribly noisy for a Saturday night. Only complaint is that they turned up the lights to a 'too bright' level in the middle of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We recently had a double date here and had a great time. The food was all very solid, if not amazing. The drink list is extensive and the cocktails were delicious. I especially enjoyed the hammer and lace. The dessert we had (chocolate cake) was also phenomenal. Overall definitely would reccomend for a fun night out - but don't expect budget!Special Features:
- left earlyFoodEsarasotaVIPDined on 8/2/2014I was really excited to try this restaurant because I had heard good things. Problems started when they brought the menu... Because they change the menu so frequently (something I normally find appealing) there were only give items listed as entrees and each sounded worse than the one before. I wasn't interested in ordering anything with dug fat or chicken liver mouse, I just wanted a nice light summer meal. No worries, I'll just order two appetizers, right? Wrong. Nothing was edible on the appetizer list either. They offered one salad -- kale -- and it looked down right boring. All in all, we ordered two drinks and the mussels appetizer (which were...fine but nothing special) and left. I will not return.
- Fun, innovative dinnerediblebaltimoreDined on 8/1/2014We had a great time at F & W. the cocktails were interesting and delicious. We sat a booth near the bar and we were able to chat more with the bartenders since they were also our servers. We ordered: the cheese plate, beef tartar, octopus a al plancha, and the Creme Catalonia. The food was well paced and delightfully prepared. Two of us shared everything. The only thing we didn't finished was the beef tartar because it was a huge portion. Bill came to $130 for the food mentioned above and 5 cocktails +tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite place.RagsDined on 8/1/2014After having seen a write-up online I checked out this place on a Friday night. The decor was so interesting and fun, and the menu was intriguing. The ambiance was great and the staff was friendly. Our server, Chuck, was awesome and did a fantastic job. He had great drink recommendations and really knew the menu. Best of all, he took the time to get to know us and what we liked and made tailored recommendations (including order in which our series of small plates should come out) that made the whole experience memorable and enjoyable. The food was all fantastic and the small plates were generous servings. This was the most fun I've had at a restaurant in a long time and it's my new favorite place in Baltimore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Never disappoints!! Best food ever!! And I am an extremely picky eater!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Something DifferentTimWDined on 7/30/2014Portions were small but food was delicious. Who would have thought chicken wings could be so delicious. The fish was superb. The ambiance was quite interesting and unique. Wine was excellent. Beware that parking is always an issue in the area.Special Features:
- Puts the Charm in Charm City!jkhcharmcityDined on 7/30/2014My friend and I decided to try F&W to celebrate her 50th birthday. From the moment we sat down at the bar for a pre-dinner cocktail, it was wonderul. Shauna, the bartender, was warm and welcoming. I told her that I don't love overly sweet drinks and she came up with a concoction of bitter, lavender, grapefruit, etc. that was perfect! What a talent. We had dinner upstairs and the ambiance is really unique -- very eclectic and upscale. What a cool vibe! Our server Ian was attentive but certainly not hovering. Answered all our questions and made great recommendations. We ended up sharing the kale salad, the escargot and the mussels. Would recommend all highly. Must go back to experience more on the menu. Great night!Special Features:
- quesaxaVIPDined on 7/27/2014We had the burger for brunch, which was excellent. For dessert, the Nutella cake was really good and very different that the standard flourless chocolate options you always see at restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!BarbDined on 7/26/2014We have been to the Fork and Wrench 3 times this month, because the food is unique and delicious. The noise level in the 1st floor dining room is high, if there are very many guests; quieter in the bar and upstairs. This is a really good restaurant!Special Features:
- Had a great time!HilanneDined on 7/22/2014Heard good things and were not disappointed. Friendly helpful staff and delicious food. My shrimp with polenta gnocchi was yummy. I soaked up every bit of sauce with bread. Tomato bases sauce spiced just right. My friend had Arctic char and ate every bit. Peach crumble was perfect for 2. Topping crunchy w/ nuts and not overly sweet. Plus it was Tuesday and there were half price wines. We drank a crisp rosé. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful VisitJafthelionVIPDined on 7/20/2014This was my second time at the Fork and it did not disappoint. They menu changed to a small plate offering on this visit which I thought I'd dislike at first, but ended up loving just as much as the original menu. Went on a Sunday. There was a large group/event upstairs so we were seated in the bar area which was fine. Service was great and the bartended can mix a mean drink. If it wasn't so far away, I'd eat here more often.Special Features:
- Great food and awesome service!pigout76Dined on 7/20/2014The escargot bun is to die for! Wait staff was very attentive and made great recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overly noisy!SilenceDined on 7/19/2014Uncomfortable evening due to the excessive noise. Food good, but not exceptional. Very pricey for a below average experience.