6948 Sebastapol Ave.
Sebastopol, CA 95472Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.forchettabastoni.com/
- Phone: 7078299500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Southeast Asian
- Executive Chef: Steven Peyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Wynhoff 4153772454
A word from Forchetta Bastoni
Forchetta/Bastoni gives diners the opportunity to explore the diversity of two of the great culinary regions – the street food of Southeast Asia and the soul food of Italy–all under one roof. Italian for "fork" and "sticks", Forchetta/Bastoni is a whimsical reference to the two cuisines offered. Join Chef Steven Peyer on the Forchetta side for soul warming regional Italian cuisine. His menu highlights items from the wood-fired pizza oven and grills, risottos, hand-cut pastas and Forchetta’s Panna Cotta as the dessert of the house. The Bastoni side of the restaurant focuses on bringing the farm to table movement to Vietnamese & Thai classics such as banh mi, pho & curries. The bar, which is a part of Bastoni, is open daily from 11:30 to midnight, with a late night happy hour featuring cuisine from both menus. The abundance of seating offers something for everyone, whether its booth seating in Forchetta or patio and loft lounge seating in Bastoni.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Forchetta Bastoni reviews from OpenTable diners
- I want to like this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014I want to like this place because its local and a cool concept. But the food was overdone, greasy and salty. the waitress had a lack lustoure attitude at best and the only redeeming quality was my date was awesome, the drinks were good and when another waitress perhaps the manager saw that we didn' t eat our dinner she came to check in and apologized and took my dinner off our bill. so thank you for that but really gotta get a new chef who actually knows italian food and wait staff with some charisma!
- Seasonings off kilterBertDined on 3/28/2014Stopped at bar for Happy Hour first and ordered two appetizers. About half of the fried green beans had tough strings still attached, which made it impossible to eat. The fried jalapenos were good, but there were only five inch thick pieces on the plate. For dinner, the pizza was OK, but definitely nothing special. The baked pasta with short rib ragu was overpowered by a sweet, sharp taste, perhaps sweet pickled peppers or sweet herbs. It was hard to identify. Even though the penne pasta was cooked perfectly, the dish was not well prepared and I was unable to eat it.
- Three strikes and you are outTerrorVIPDined on 3/25/2014Arrvd, chked-in for OPen Table res., began w/hppy-hr Thai-garita & $5 margar. Ord'd more drinks & food @ bar. Svr deliv'd another table's apps. Went to the WC - needed cleaning badly. Chked phone and saw a cancellation from OT for this reserv. I spoke w/mgr, who suggtd I make a second reser. - wrong answer. When I arrived back at bar, svr.deliv'd wrong curry bowl, and then a wrong check - really wrong check. It seemed as if everyone in the restaurant was just "off" all night long. Fortunately, the food was good. Service is need of some firm direction. They need to pay attention to details. Liquor choices seem to be dwindling....a sign?If they can get the service right, clean the restrooms, things might turn around for this restaurant.
- The staff was knowledgeableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014The staff was knowledgeable and helpful about all items on the menu. The Brussel sprouts were AAAAmazing! the noise level was great for conversation and we will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualscamperwillowDined on 3/15/2014We went for the $19 special for Restaurant week. I usually like this restaurant, but this meal was a bit disappointing. The calamari appetizer was mostly batter and grease, the kale salad was quite tough and a bit oily. The pizza was excellent as usual. I think they made some cheaper things for this special which should have been a chance to show off what they can really do. I also wish they would expand their wine list a bit.Special Features:
- Lot's of potentialsdtcnaDined on 3/13/2014Forchetta/Bastoni, which means forks and knives is actually two restaurants sharing a space -- one Asian, the other Italian. We chose the Asian side and the food was good, just not particularly Asian -- whatever that means. But the ambiance was good, we ate outdoors. the service was competent but not particularly well informed and the selections were "different'. We plan on going back and trying the Italian side soon to see what that offers. Overall, we recommend Forchetta/Bastoni if for no other reason than "it's fun"Special Features:
- Good but better optionsparisDined on 3/12/2014We were here during restaurant week. We had been wanting to try this unique restaurant but found the menu difficult to understand and food okay but better options for the Asian style close to home. Good idea but not returning.Special Features:
- Split PersonalityLocalFoodFanDined on 3/11/2014This restaurant is actually two - rustic Italian and Asian street food. Diners need to decide which cuisine you will be ordering and then you are seated in the appropriate half of the restaurant. We chose the Asian side looking for something a little different. The food was excellent and full of flavor. Appetizers came with a spicy hot chili dipping sauce that was outstanding. The service was really good. I was offered tastes of two wines before picking the one to order. We were seated in the smaller upstairs area which was a little artsy and would be a good place to hang out with a small group of friends for an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Streamlined ForchettaOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/10/2014This was our first meal from the new, simplified menu, and it was great. Overall, it's less fussy and quite inexpensive, but the meal was delicious. It fills a hole in The Sebastopol restaurant scene, with a less pricey option that still has a "going out to dinner" atmosphere and good food. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change is goodRedpleaseDined on 3/7/2014They revamped their forks menu after being closed for awhile. Everything was great! Especially the Chicken Paillard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was pretty good althoughElceeVIPDined on 3/1/2014Food was pretty good although the green papaya salad should have been in thin strips instead of thick strips. Could have beeen a bit spicier. The Banh Mi ciabatta rolls are very good, nice and crispy/crunchy. SERVICE WAS VERY SLOW~ We were upstairs in a small room with several other parties. People had to wait a long time for their food, and finally a long while for the check. Our wait person was very nice. But apparently the kitchen was on overload! I asked about it on the way out, and one of the host/wait people said they were slammed with a couple of big parties. Of course, the customer doesn't want to hear that. They should have prepared with backup staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awful servicesocofoodieDined on 2/22/2014There were 4 of us and we all thought the food was very good. We were disappointed to learn that you can only order the cuisine associated with the room you dine in (Italian or Asian). The ambiance of the room was a little "cold". Our waitress was careless, forgetful, and service was uneven. Plates were removed before we finished our appetizers = whisked away to the point where one of us had to practically wrestle the plate with food still on it from the server. Then we waited and waited for our dinner entrees. I would try it again because the food really was great. We ate on the "Italian" side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will have to try this one again....MirandaDined on 1/15/2014I've been wanting to try this place and don't get out to eat often, so was really ready to enjoy the experience. We were seated promptly and the servers were very nice and attentive. I really enjoyed visiting with my companion and the ambiance, but had trouble finding something to order on the menu. I settled on a chicken curry, but found the sauce too rich for my taste. My companion tried one of the samplers which was a choice of two appetizers and one main course. This was much better, I tried the salads and enjoyed both of them very much, the chicken and rice main course was tasty. I would try this restaurant again, and order differently next time.Special Features:
- Delicous!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/14/2014Dinner was so tasty (short rib curry, and nice and spicy like I ordered it), the server was gracious and very nice, but for some reason it took 45 minutes for my 1st course to arrive (this was a Tues. night and they were just moderately busy). And I waited longer than I like for my beverage to arrive. Isn't 10 minutes too long? I think efficiency is lost when you're in an upstairs dining room.Special Features:
- Missed the Mark24karatDined on 1/14/2014My husband, son and I were greeted by a random employee who would not listen to the fact I made a reservation with Open Table. Only a few tables were occupied. Upon being seated, there was a long wait to ordering, then another very long wait for our salad. The cucumber salad was okay. Long wait for entrees, my son had chicken and rice and my husband had Banh Mi, basically a sandwich with stringy steak. Both unremarkable. My curry tofu was excellent. The dishes piled up and never left the table. The server did not inquire about how our meal was or if we needed anything. My husband ordered fried jalapenos, which the server remarked she forgot about, and they arrived long after the meal was done. Very greasy, not very spicy.
- Had lunch with 2 friends,TerrorVIPDined on 12/20/2013Had lunch with 2 friends, one who had not been back since the opening.Ordered pickled veggies & fried tofu, two red curry dishes - short ribs and chicken.Both were fabulous....the best I have ever eaten - creamy, spicy, and full of flavor. I would suggest the option of brown, not just white.This west county restaurant designates gluten free items (right on!)on its menu; let's see brown rice as an option,as well. We also ordered the naam plate as a salad bowl-one of my favorites. While the dressing/proportion of the lettuce/meat/go balls on have been inconsistent in the past, today, the chef got it right. Service-spectacular/friendly/attentive. Would love you to open the "forks" side of the restaurant for the diners enjoying Asian food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what is used to beBMACVIPDined on 12/14/2013Sadly, Forchetta Bastoni has lost its magic. I really liked this place when it was both Italian and Thai. Now that High Five has moved into the Italian side, the atmosphere and staff attitude is very different. The food was OK but many of the dishes on the Thai side have the identical ingredients rearranged differently from one dish to another, so it's kind of a limited selection. Very fresh ingredients and well prepared, just not interesting. But it is the ambiance and attitude that really made it unpleasant. The restaurant was freezing cold, they were playing hip-hop at a high volume (in a brick space? Try having a conversation!), and the attitude was kind of rude and disengaged. Don't think I will be back anytime soon.
- Ecclectic MixMikeDined on 12/14/2013Two different menus, lots of choices. Friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable MenuYeagsterDined on 12/5/2013We tried the Bastoni side of the restaurant. A Fabulous selection of Asain items that were hard to choose from since they all looked like excellent choices. We were delighted with our choices of Banh Mi and the Curry. We also had a Papaya salad and the famous meatballs. Yum!!! Service was attentive, efficient, and friendly. We will definitely go back and take a few friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is this place even going toTerrorVIPDined on 11/3/2013Is this place even going to make it? The place was a mess, not set-up for happy hour or dinner. If it weren't for our server, Lee, the whole evening would have been a bomb. Lee was outstanding.
- disappointingsonomanDined on 10/31/2013Italian side of restaurant was closed. Service was quite poor and not at all welcoming: hostess refused to close garage-type door despite cold draft, refused to seat us at a table, offering only "noodle bar" where staff was more interested in talking to themselves than serving customers. Eventually, a waitress took pity on us and seated us at an upstairs table. However, service was slow, menu limited to mostly noodle dishes and salads, and food, tho fresh, was fair at best.
- Ordered a Naam Bowl - usuallyTerrorVIPDined on 10/16/2013Ordered a Naam Bowl - usually love it. Love the fact that it is gluten free. This experience was different, however. The salad bowl Lacked consistency - it had more rice than ever before, fewer meatball pieces and very little romaine lettuce. Flavor was almost nothing. Needed to add quite a bit of fish sauce to liven up the bowl. A table seated 5 minutes after us received their food before we did. Looked like happy hour is a hit. The prickly pear margarita was a hit!
- Unacceptable Asian foodJohnVIPDined on 8/11/2013We went for the Southeast Asian menu... Bad choice. Everything is horribly bad. Crab salad and chicken salad were overly fish-sauced. For the price they charged for the salads, there were barely any crab or chicken besides the veggie... And the soup noodle was absolutely tasteless. The broth was just oily water with no flavor. Very disappointed!!!!
- Service Charge not mentionedSharonCVIPDined on 8/5/2013Had a pretty good lunch at the restaurant with work colleagues (8). Service was slow, but the food was pretty good. Unfortunately, I was NOT informed that there would be a 25% service charge added to the bill, but thankfully I caught this before I added a tip. I do not mind paying a service charge since we were a group, but I should have been alerted by the server - it seemed sneaky to me.
- Great food, Great ServicedawndVIPDined on 8/3/2013We ate on the Italian side of this restaurant.Don't know why there were tables available. This place should not be missed if you want good food at a fairly reasonable price in West Sonoma. The thin crust pizzas were delicious if you like true Neapolitan style. Imaginative toppings but the plain pizza (called the Neo) was excellent. The mushroom brochetta with goat cheese, as well as all the pastas were good. The pesto one was a bit dry. Our server was attentive and patient even though we had four young kids with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 7/28/2013Four of us ate here on a Sunday night (in Forchetta). The restaurant wasn't very crowded, so service and noise level were perhaps better than I've seen in other reviews. The food was great! Appetizers, salads, main courses, desserts, cocktails - everything worked well. Nice use of herbs and spices. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't feel specialCounterbanderVIPDined on 7/13/2013Large modern interior with some style. You cannot eat a combo of Asian and Italian, have to pick one side. We chose Italian. Food does not quite live up to its promise. Interesting menu, we should have stuck to it instead of ordering the special cannelloni ($20) which was two scrawny rolls stuffed with watery meat and a bland sauce, an appetizer size masquerading as a main dish. Cheerful atmosphere, service very casual but friendly. Maybe we'll give it another try. Or maybe not, since there is serious competition in town.
- The Southeast Asian Side RocksMrHalfspeedDined on 7/11/2013This local gem is split into two "sides", the Southeast Asian and the Italian. I have only been to the Italian side twice, but came away only moderately impressed. I am not a foodie though, so take this review with a grain of salt (and some butter). The Southeast Asian side, however, is the bee's knees. I have tried and enjoyed 90% of the menu so far. The Bahn Mi in particular is a standout on fresh rustic ciabatta rolls. I just drooled into my keyboard thinking about it. Dang it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Having enjoyed lunch recentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2013Having enjoyed lunch recently (with the Asian menu) and dinner this week with the Italian menu, I must say I am very pleasantly surprised. Food was expertly prepared, portions were generous, and service was attentive and friendly. Being open for dinner on Monday nights is definitely a plus. The only thing that struck us as odd is that the tables for 4 in the large dining room are very small -- both the booth area and the rounds in the center. They'd be fine for 3 people but for 4 it was definitely cramped once our food arrived, with wine glasses and everything else. We'd have appreciated a larger table, which I don't think would have been a problem for them to offer, since our reservations were early. Next time I'll ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food - clueless serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/19/2013We liked the Southeast Asian food so much, we came back the next day. The service both days (and others before) was unprofessional and entirely clueless. Please do yourself a favor and train you servers. We felt like being on another planet ... and were not the only ones ... the group at the next table will not be back.
- Superb salmonYum4funDined on 5/25/2013My Salmon was superb, the salad was sumptuous, the wine was wonderful & the dessert was dreamy! Thank you. Our waiter & your entire staff made us feel right at home & went above & beyond to provide outstanding service... I've been here several times & every occasion has provided delicious food,top quality service & an overall perfect dining experience! Keep up the great work & I'll keep coming back :DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceRedpleaseDined on 5/25/2013The salmon cooked in sake had to be the best salmon I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/2/2013Terrible service! I think the host sat us,but was our waiter as well? He completely disappeared and I mean left the building. So we had to flag down the busboy who was also waiting on some tables. We had to ask for our check 3 separate times and when it arrived was delivered by another random employee. The food is edible,but really poorly done. In this day and age if you claim you are an Asian restaurant for goodness sake make real Asian food. Everything we ordered was accompanied by a super sweet sauce that half the time didn't even pair well with the dish. I don't know honestly I don't even have the energy to complete an entire review,because this place is just so............meh.
- Forchetta Bastoni is a veryChrisDined on 4/26/2013Forchetta Bastoni is a very interesting dinning experience. It is both Asian and Italian. My issue is that you have to declare which menu and area you want ahead of time. They do not offer tow menus to pick from in a "main dinning room." To get the combined unique experience you have to do cocktails and appetizers in one section and then the other in the main dinning room. We picked Italian, and it was very good.Special Features:
- Very disappointing. TookOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2013Very disappointing. Took grandma there for Easter Brunch. It didn't work out. Was offered a table outside in the middle of a rainstorm or a table at the bar. Menu was limited and odd. Sat in the chilly bar area for a while, and left.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013I was really wanting to find this new restaurant in town a gem. Unfortunately, it wasn't. Bottom line is that the service was extremely slow and the food - though creative - was rather tasteless. It's in a great location and has lots of potential. I hope the feedback makes a difference in what they provide because I would like to go back.Special Features:
- We ate in the Asian restaurantcarolefgDined on 3/22/2013We ate in the Asian restaurant for their Sonoma Co. restaurant week special. the menue sounded interested but the food was disappointing.
- Forchetta Bastoni is a great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Forchetta Bastoni is a great find!Located in the lovely Sebastapol it combines Italian soul food and Southeast Asian Street food in one place. How cool is that? Want to try something new and fun? Check them out. Psst do try the banh mi... This sandwich totally rocks.Special Features:
- This restaurant has an incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013This restaurant has an incredible variety of food choices. The creativity of the dishes and the abundance of flavors makes the dining experience one of exploration, discovery, and satisfaction. The unique ambience, the awesome wine list (full bar also) and the attentive staff complete the picture. The background music is very good, and although somewhat noisy, the energy of the place is infectious. Altogether awesome!Special Features:
- Perfect Blend of Fun and Fab Food!PatriciaDined on 3/21/2013Great time at the Bastoni restaurant ... wonderful food and service, very kid-friendly, great atmosphere. We'll be back for sure!Special Features: