Forcella Park Ave
377 Park Ave. South
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Forcella Park Ave
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.forcellaparkavenue.com/
- Phone: 2124481116x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: GUALTIERO CAROSI
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Forcella Park Ave
Forcella is an Italian Pizzeria dedicated to the art of making traditional Neopolitan pizza. Double certified pizza master Giulio Adriani creates an assortment of pizzas including Pizza Rosse, Pizza Bianche and Pizza Fritte. We typically offer a selection of around twenty different pizzas. We also… offer a variety of pasta, fish, meat,antipasti, insalate and an assortment of desserts that are al house made.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Forcella Park Ave reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (11)romantic (8)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Worst ding experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014The service is dead! Waiter tried to question me why I didn't leave a tip. Well my wager glass remained empty for quite some time.
- great pizza!RTnycDined on 8/27/2014yummy pizza, great lunch! We had the fried pizza, margarita, and the mushroom and shared it. The dough is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pizzaDrChantalVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our table had the white kale pizza, the mushroom pizza and also their deep fried crust pizza- all were very good. The waiter was very friendly and attentive. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!!nikki2012VIPDined on 8/1/2014We were a group of eleven and had the whole upstairs to ourselves. The service was excellent as was the food. Delicious pizzas and salads as well as other type of food available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza not the best!FoodiegirlVIPDined on 7/22/2014This restaurant is supposed to be noted for its pizza - the owners are from Naples. I had the Funghi pizza, and it was simply okay - not great! The crust is very doughy, kind of rubbery, and the entire pizza seemed as though it was uncooked, with all of the ingredients very wet and loose. I had to follow in DeBlasio's footsteps and eat it with a knife and fork, but it was very difficult to cut, even with a sharp knife! By far not the best pizza I have ever had. I left much of the crust on the plate, because I simply got tired trying to chew it. My friend enjoyed his broccoli puree soup, and his chicken dish, so he made the better choice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ItalianDodgersWillVIPDined on 7/13/2014No nonsense menu that more than satisfies and at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchBugsyVIPDined on 6/16/2014The pizza was delicious and the salad was as well. The service was average, though the staff was very sweet. Nothing too amazing, but I'd likely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dawlolDined on 6/8/2014seating This may seem ridiculous but the banquettes seats are too low. I am 5'10"...so the table height is at the base of your neck. its weird, but someone needs to say something. food and drink kale salad was clean tasting and nice. octopus was tender. mimosas lacked alcohol. service not accustomed to to serving kids. good for brunch was great. also can see it would be good for late night bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!NiceEatsDined on 6/7/2014Forcella met all my expectations and so much more! The food was great, service was awesome and the prices were all worth it. Definitely a new favorite spot.Special Features:
- DeliciousLilyVIPDined on 6/4/2014Delicious food best signature mozarella pizza best nutella pizza heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food & service-FRESHKallman1VIPDined on 6/4/2014Incredible food and service! Had never been, read the reviews tried it and WILL GO BACK! Thanks for a wonderful evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for brunch.SuprinaVIPDined on 5/31/2014Waiter had a bad day. Kitchen too.....Food served cold......over salted.
- Great PizzabikerbabeVIPDined on 5/27/2014The pizza at this place is out of this world. Great looking pizza oven and very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Great food and lots of it in a fun atmosphere. Thank you for great food and service.
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Awesome food that made you wanting more even though you were full.
- The following 107 reviews are from the Forcella Park Ave reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014The restaurant is gorgeous. The food was fabulous.
- Awesome Late Night FindprincetonfoodieDined on 4/28/2014Checked in for a late dinner on Sunday night and was pleasantly surprised. Authentic Neapolitan pies (had the creamy burrata Porta Capuana) and delicious Kobe sliders. YUM. Chill atmosphere and comfortable yet professional service. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aj454VIPDined on 4/26/2014Soggy pizza. The manager walks around with this intense scowl on his face, looking like he wants to fight every customer that walks through the door. Not a good place.
- Bar SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014Great decor, tasty food & young Italian vibe!!! The Pizza dough and crust were the highlight!Special Features:
- pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014We had Easter diner there and it was just lovely...
- Great Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2014I loved this restaurant and would definitely recommend it to anyone traveling to NYC. When I return I will definitely make sure I go back!
- Reall late night dealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014A good burger place after midnight that is not a typical diner is almost impossible to find. This place will serve you the best burger in the neighborhood, pay slightly more and experience a super nice atmosphere and people. Loved this place.Special Features:
- porta capuanataroDined on 4/23/2014Among the best pizza's in new york-Naples, southern Italy style. very good salads, reasonable wine. really enjoyed itSpecial Features:
- Runaway BrideEngieDined on 4/22/2014Always great time here. Runaway Bride cocktail is out of this world... Its a must if you like good cocktailsSpecial Features:
- AGAIN!!!DuceDined on 4/21/2014Tonight went for a second time in the Park Avenue locations and again, we had great experience . We will be back soon ......Special Features:
- Cook that doughBartDined on 4/19/2014Meal was good. The pizza tasted quite good but the dough was not cooked through leaving the crust spongy and not crisp. Tuna tartare - very good. service excellent Cabernet Sauvignon house wine very goodSpecial Features:
- giogio9Dined on 4/16/2014We enjoyed the food and wine and felt it was fairly priced. The pasta was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spelizabethDined on 4/16/2014Wonderful restaurant, great food. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Forcellalove2eatDined on 3/29/2014Was here for a group dinner and the food was A-Ok. pizza wasnt anything special and actually dissapointing. It wasnt hot and almost room temp. Not impressed. But if anything - order the montana and the margarita. Otherwise i would skip along and try somewhere else. We're in NYC- king of pizza...this one jst didnt make the cut.Special Features:
- Forcella's pizza is acceptable,NicknameVIPDined on 3/23/2014Forcella's pizza is acceptable, nothing more. No reason to dine here, no reason to stay away. Indifferent.
- Amazing pizza, odd space,PabloVIPDined on 3/22/2014Amazing pizza, odd space, very nice maître d, lousy server - about 25 minutes after seating before server came to take 1st drink order, then when he returned to take additional drink orders, he would take an order and run instead of asking others at the table if anyone else needed a drink. The busboy was more attentive..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIGNATURE PIZZAMhoustonVIPDined on 3/11/2014Outstanding pizza. Fried, and then baked dough. HIGHLY reccommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceJcm82VIPDined on 2/27/2014I have been going to Forcella since it first opened in Williamsburg. I've dined at all three locations, and I think they all rock. But the Park Avenue one has become my favorite. I always have a great experience there. The food, wine and service are excellent. You've got to try the need sliders, the burrata with balsamic glaze and the margarita extra pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dinnerJessicaDined on 2/15/2014I went there for a birthday dinner with friends. The food was good and the service was attentive (almost too much). At times, it seemed a bit intrusive but overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian Food in Gramercy ParkWeekenderVIPDined on 2/7/2014We looked for a restaurant near theater Repertorio Español and we found this nice restaurant. We reserved in advance a table for six. Igor, our main waiter, welcomed us and took us to a nice table in the upstairs room.The decor is Italian. We chose a Nero d'Avola red wine which paired very well our dinner. The entrees were regular individual pizza margherita, grilled salmon, broiled scallops and spaguetti with fruta di mare. All of these were nicely prepared and everyone loved their entree. Water glasses were served regularly. initially the atmosphere was quiet but became louder as a group of younger people that sat next to us. Great food for a moderate price and very good service. I will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic pizza, nice winesjelnappleDined on 2/5/2014We had a great time at forcella yesterday. Let me start by saying pizza was off the hook. the crust is exactly like in naples. wood burning, thin crust, DELICIOUS. the appetizer of pear and arugula salad was alos really good and you could tell it was realy fresh. Wine list has good choice of Italian and world classics. Our server was very charming and personable young Italian fellow, who took good care to check on us often yet not too intrusively. We could see form our table that the bar schene is lively, as it seemed a group of young people was having a (bit loud) good time at the slick bar. The decor is over-the-top fifth ave , for those who like such a thing, great find open till late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive staff. Delicious,JeanVIPDined on 2/1/2014Attentive staff. Delicious, authentic Italian food. There ended up being 2 large, loud parties on either side of our table. It got VERY noisy. The staff and management became aware and took care of us. These are the kind of people who will be in business for a long time to come. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great experienceFabyDined on 1/29/2014The food is great, fast service, and polite people. The only complain i have is upstairs is very warm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceymvgDined on 1/21/2014Food choice and quality is good, the service is friendly and attentive and overall the experience was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great place to bechkareulkaDined on 1/14/2014When you come to Forcella you are greeted by a friendly staff who is taking care of you all the way through. They are very attentive even when busy and the food is delicious. Pizza is incredibly thin and crusty, steaks are perfect as well as are gnocchi and various pastas. The beautiful decor of grey and red complimented by gorgeous glass lamps creates a lavish atmosphere that merges this restaurant with a lounge-type place. This place has a second floor so you can choose whether you want to be seated in a more romantic and secluded space upstairs or on the lovely first floor that is at the center of this lively place. I enjoyed my dinner with a friend and I am sure that I will come back for more with my partner as well as with my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.