485 Lorimar St.
Brooklyn, NY 11211Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.forcellaeatery.com/
- Phone: (718) 388-8820
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Giulio Adriani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Takeout
A word from Forcella Brooklyn
Forcella is an Italian Pizzeria dedicated to the art of making traditional Neopolitan pizza. Double certified pizza master Giulio Adriani creates an assortment of pizzas including Pizza Rosse, Pizza Bianche and Pizza Fritte. We typically offer a selection of around twenty different pizzas. We also offer a variety of antipasti, insalate and an assortment of desserts that are al house made.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Forcella Brooklyn reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Preggo!!!fullofsmilesDined on 5/22/2014I absolutely loved it!!! We went about 5:30pm and it was perfect!!! The host, was not only handsome, but very gracious!! His Italian accent was the right touch being a host/waiter. It will make you feel like you're in Italy. Brick oven and all!! I will definitely be returning. The ONLY reason I rated the food 4 stars is because I was a little disappointed the amount of food was so little. However, I did leave feeling comfortable and not overly full. But a little more would have nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pizzaSteelyKateDined on 5/9/2014Another friendly restaurant offering outstanding neapolitan-style pizzas.Special Features:
- Quality pizza find!PizzaSavantDined on 5/3/2014I had read good reviews about Forcella before dining there but did not know really what to expect. Once there, I was impressed with the quality of the ingredients in the pizzas, which explains their somewhat steep price. Still worth every bite, but not something I would necessarily rush back to eat either. The building that the restaurant resides in is a hole-in-the-wall, but I think that's also part of the charm! We ate with my 11-month old, and the restaurant was very accommodating to him.Special Features:
- gemlongtimecustomersVIPDined on 4/25/2014always great to be here. We love this place! When you visit Brooklyn dont forget to visit this restaurant!Special Features:
- Best PizzafhandsVIPDined on 3/1/2014The pizza was really amazing, thin and crispy, perfectly cooked. The staff is very friendly.Special Features:
- best pizza in town!longtimecustomersVIPDined on 2/25/2014as always I love this place. Best pizza for sure and great service! Neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hip twist on pizzaSundeepVIPDined on 2/8/2014A delicious twist on pizza with numerous unconventional varieties. Casual chic dining room with attentive service. The Williamsburg location is capturing the ambience of the neighborhood, a younger energetic vibe with good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Neapolitan Pizza!IndustryVIPDined on 2/7/2014Awesome Neapolitan Pizza! One if the best in the US and a real gem.
- okay foodkitty358VIPDined on 1/26/2014Their pizza is a bit soggy on the bottom and the service was very slow, there was only 3 other occupied tables. We were the last ones in there and the service was still slow, had to wave my hand to get their attention. Probably will not go there again. There are other gourmet pizza places with better service.Special Features:
- Good food!MissBDined on 12/13/2013The pizza was very good just wish it wasnt so soggy. It would have been amazing if the crust was crispy. It was still enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great great pizzalongtimecustomersVIPDined on 12/13/2013really a gem..glad i found it...will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is on a smallerYanchickDined on 11/16/2013The restaurant is on a smaller side and tables are set pretty close together, but we were having an early dinner so there were very few people. The food was excellent, we made custom pizza and while one of my ingredients didn't make in to my pizza I was pretty happy nonetheless. We ended the evening with very tasty cappuccinos and Angioletti Alla Nutella, which is not only big enough for two but also beyond amazing! Can't wait to go back and try the rest of their menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza restaurant in BrooklynOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2013We had a group dinner for 12 and everything was extremely well taken care of. Staff professional and courteous. Overall we all liked it. I recommend it for sure.Special Features:
- Forcella GemnyunderVIPDined on 11/2/2013Had a waiter named Melvin, he was absolutely fantastic. The have an awesome oven that is hand built ad makes pizza extremely fast and delicious. You feel at home here. Ask for Melvin, he will make you laugh all night!Special Features:
- always a great experience!YummyVIPDined on 10/26/2013Forcello is phenomenal. I have dined there a few times and enjoy it. I had birthday brunch with my family and as always the food and service was superb!Special Features:
- The Fried Pizza!cb1212Dined on 8/14/2013Wonderful and delicious experience - definitely try the fried pizza, which is doused in olive oil just enough to be delicious, but still leaves the crust light and fluffy and not overdone. All ingredients - sauce, mozzarella, etc... - were of excellent quality. My friend and I originally ordered one pizza to share, and it was so good we got another (the ones we got - "Make Your Own" - are personal-sized (ie about 10" round and 4 pieces)). The sliders with pizza crust bread were good, but not the highlight. Great atmosphere - quiet, rustic, with a small open kitchen that includes a beautifully mosaic oven. Best pizza I've tried in Williamsburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Stuff!FreshImportDined on 7/3/2013We were very impressed with the menu, presentation and service. Will definitely return here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!YummyVIPDined on 5/25/2013the service is outstanding, the food is even better so go for it!Special Features:
- This is nice place in theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013This is nice place in the neighborhood for pizza. The restaurant is cute with a staff of friendly Italian waiters. The pizza is really delicious and its a place I like for a low key night or somewhere to take friends for an easy dinner. Definitely a place to check out if your in the neighborhood and want pizza.Special Features:
- Never again...bad price bad serviceLanceVIPDined on 5/4/2013Went there for dinner . Weather was cold doors were kept open dispite requesting they close the doors. Food portions were small for the price. After our order was taken our waiter ignored us despite the resturant being empty. Left there dissatisfied and hungry. Never again.
- Attractive setting, good service,BobsViewVIPDined on 4/2/2013Attractive setting, good service, very good salads and Neapolitan Pizza from a wood burning stove.Special Features:
- The fried pizza and the Nutella-basOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013The fried pizza and the Nutella-based deserts are amazing.
- Amazing authentic NapoletanaIndustryVIPDined on 3/22/2013Amazing authentic Napoletana Pizza from a Wood fired Brick Oven. Home of the Fried Pizza..crust is deep fried, then all toppings applied and into the Brick Oven...it's almost like combining a Zeppole with a Margherita Pizza.Evrything is wonderful from ambiance - to staff - to Pizzas and desserts.Special Features:
- We started off with salads,AJC1Dined on 2/25/2013We started off with salads, neapolis and arugula. They both were amazing. Secondly, I ordered the montenara which was fairly good but not great. My lunch guest ordered the buffalo margharita and he was very disappointed. According to him, his pizza lacked flavor. Overall, the food was okay. Nothing spectacular or special as we had hoped. Would I go back to try again? Probably not. We have travelled quite frequently to Italy on business and pleasure so my standard/bar is set pretty high when it comes to pizza. Therefore, we were not really impressed.
- The montanara is always stunning,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2013The montanara is always stunning, the bianca (we added burrata with truffle oil) was spectacular. The calzone frito was great as well, but perhaps my least favorite of the three (which isn't knocking it, trust me). The waitstaff is always friendly, and the place never seems "too" crowded, even if every table is full. One of my favorite pizzas in the city, for sure.Special Features:
- Best spot in East Williamsburg.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2013Best spot in East Williamsburg. The half red/half green pizza is my JAM.Special Features:
- Only 1 server, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/27/2013Only 1 server, service was very slow, and should not be advertised as "brunch" no eggs in sight. Fried pizza was very good however, topping not so great. Onions were not cooked, charged for arugula and there was none, and the cheese was cold. The panini was tasty however the crust was burnt.Special Features:
- Forcella Brooklyn, home toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/27/2013Forcella Brooklyn, home to the fried (then baked) pizza has a great vibe with traditional Italian pizza baked in a forno oven. The ingredients are fresh and lunch is a great deal at $10 for a salad and Margherita pizza.Special Features:
- Always great food!salEdawgzDined on 1/5/2013I love the pizza at Forcella. Our waiter Riccardo was friendly and great at explaining the specials and being attentive. Unfortunately, the waitstaff that brought us our food brought us our appetizer followed immediately by our pizza. So our table was quite cluttered with too many plates and not a lot of free space. Plus, we felt a bit rushed by this. Riccardo apologized for this error and we were alright after this. We enjoyed the crispy calamari and zucchini and their pizzas are always on the money. I love coming here for dinner.Special Features:
- Keeps me coming back for moresalEdawgzDined on 11/17/2012I enjoy coming back here for their pizza so much, that it's hard to have a regular slice anymore. This time, I used a Groupon that got me a discount on the food, although we went a little over with beers and dessert, but all well worth it. The pizza is light and airy and delicious. We ordered a Quartieri Spagnoli & a Porta Capuana pizzas, several beers, a potato croquette antipasto, salad and dessert. The food is always good and the service always prompt, professional and friendly. I always feel welcomed and never feel rushed to leave. The place got packed but was not noisy and didn't feel overcrowded. Grazie Forcella!Special Features:
- Amazing service and food isOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2012Amazing service and food is amazing. They were so accommodating.Special Features:
- The restaurant was nice whenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012The restaurant was nice when I called ahead to say we were stuck in traffic and would be later. We were seated promptly, and even though the restaurant wasn't crowded, I felt like the food was rushed.
- Hands down one of the bestlunchVIPDined on 10/9/2012Hands down one of the best Pizza places in NYC. There are 3 to choose from. I like the one i BKLN the best...more intimate, cozy. THe one on Bowery is similar, only much larger--very eurochic...and they have a new on on Park Ave South that i've not been too. My fav is the flash fried pizza and add my own toppings. Its not a fried pizza per se...its just tossed into some oil for crispy outer and then into the hot oven to cook the rest. the result is a exterior almost like a bagel with a tender interior...excellent.
- Come for the pizza...stenroVIPDined on 10/5/2012Artisanal Brooklyn pizza made in an oven shipped from Naples? Really? Yes- and you'll be happy with it. Especially when it's run by a chef that has earned the world's highest honor in pizza making. You can taste the difference when fresh ingredients are assembled with love as opposed to some assembly-line pizzeria churning out pies like a factory.Special Features:
- We came to Forcella becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2012We came to Forcella because our first choice on a Friday night had over an hour wait. We chose it based on their OpenTable availability and their menu, available on their website. When we got to the restaurant, we were informed that their menu online was not accurate. The differences were pretty major though, the menu online was much more extensive than the brief menu we received in the restaurant. For breaking a customer's trust, I rate poorly.
- Where's the meat(balls)?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2012I've been a fan of Forcella for awhile and decided to bring my parents there recently. I had a feeling my dad would possibly want something other than pizza and checked their website to make sure that pasta dishes and meatballs were still on the menu. Seeing that they were I made a reservation and we went. Long story short, they got rid of those items on the menu and is mostly just pizza, with a few salads and apps; none of them meatballs. While we were disappointed, the salads and pizzas everyone got were great and everyone seemed happy. But, I do hope that one day they bring back the meatballs!Special Features:
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2012Just as good as the Manhattan location. The montanara is something that must be tried at least once. It's delicious!Special Features:
- Pizza veramente buona!salEdawgzDined on 9/14/2012I really enjoy coming here for their fried dough (Montanara style) pizza. The crust is light and fluffy and different from a lot (or all!) of the other pizzerias around. So I say "Bravo!" the the chef. I've also had their salads, the rice ball (Arancini) appetizer and tasted some desserts. I have to say that while some things, like the Arancini or the Panna Cotta dessert, I've had better, they were still good. It's just that now I know what I'd recommend or choose the next time I come to eat here. So for those of you that care, the Tiramisu' and Millefoglie (Napoleon) are both great. As far as pies, try the Porta Capuana or the Calzone Fritto. The Ischia salad was on the money! And try the Italian Morreti Rosso beer which has a nice kick.Special Features:
- We started off the wrong footOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2012We started off the wrong foot as we had a reservation for 8.30 and our table was not ready when we arrived. It took 10 minutes to arrange the table, including having a couple move to put two tables together. Nothing major but if you take reservations, you should have the table ready when the customers come, otherwise, what's the point? After that, everything was pretty much fine (except the limited selection of soft drinks---no sprite, no coke zero) and the pizzas were really good. I had my first Montanara, which was fantastic. We also ordered Angioletti with Nutella, which were delicious. All in all, a very positive experience. Perhaps, the service could improve a notch.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Williamsburg!GorgaceDined on 8/17/2012Great food and amazing service! Fabrizio is a gem!Special Features: