New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://forcellaeatery.com/
- Phone: (212) 466-3300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Giulio Adriani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Takeout
A word from Forcella Bowery
Forcella is an Italian Pizzeria dedicated to the art of making traditional Neopolitan pizza. Double certified pizza master Giulio Adriani creates an assortment of pizzas including Pizza Rosse, Pizza Bianche and Pizza Fritte. We typically offer a selection of around twenty different pizzas. We also offer a variety of antipasti, insalate and an assortment of desserts that are al house made.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Forcella Bowery reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- no gluten free pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2014I went to Forcella Bowery with the intention on having their gluten free pizza but unfortunately they ran out the night before and didn't have any. The problem with this is that nothing else on their menu is gluten free friendly besides the salad and the fries. Which is what I had. They were fine. Nothing special. However, my sister did have the margarita special pizza and said it was really good. I will say the service was really good and everyone was nice. I may try the other locations if they offer gluten free pizza as this one is closing soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and UninvitingCyclingmedicVIPDined on 11/14/2014I must say I was annoyed from the beginning as the menu on OpenTable is not the current menu at the location. Over priced mediocre mushy pizzas is what you rare going to get at Forcella. Our waiter barely took time to check on us between openly texting on his cellphone throughout the dinning room.
- Great PizzaNYCRunnerDined on 11/1/2014Their tomato sauce is fantastic. I recommend any of their sauce based pizzas or pastas. Desserts are great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not that greatWalterY2KDined on 9/20/20142 issues that bugged me - 1) we waited for more then 10 minutes after being seated after which I asked for a waiter. The restaurant was not full and it was clearly evident as tables were open. The waiter arrived and apologized saying the kitchen was busy! Strange. 2) food took a while to come and no follow up during dinner. Overall not a very pleasant experience.
- Off night for serviceMaryVIPDined on 9/20/2014We eat here regularly and love it. This last time, however, the service was really bad. From not bring us bread to go with our appetizers and pasta, to bringing my son a can of soda with no glass, the service just was not up to par. The waiters were friendly but we had to repeatedly ask for things that we should not have had to ask for. Maybe it was just an off night. The food was great though.Special Features:
- Loved the Fried PizzaFoodLover123Dined on 9/19/2014Great little place in the East Village. Went for a pre Blue Man Group show dinner. We each had a different pizza and shared between the three of us. Good salad and rice balls to start. It was all really good and the service excellent.Special Features:
- ITALDNDined on 9/18/2014Great pizza… one of the best in town! Great area to eat and hang out in. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improve the wait staffStefanoDined on 9/5/2014Overall the service was so bad and their attitude so poor that our group had no choice but to leave the restaurant and go elsewhere in the neighborhood which was indeed a step up. Would not recommend unless there is a staff change.Special Features:
- Great Brick oven pizzaEricaAVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is a great place. Great food, comfortable with a good vibe.Special Features:
- Amazing as ever!apikramenosVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was my third time at Forcella Bowery and it was just as wonderful as I remembered it! The food is incredible and I love the traditional Margherita pizzas they have! Will come back again and again!Special Features:
- The following 212 reviews are from the Forcella Bowery reviews archive.
- great pizzamichaelVIPDined on 7/24/2014great pizza and salads--nice and casual environment casual serviceSpecial Features:
- MaryVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have eaten at Forcella's a few times now. Consistently good. My son loves the pizza!Special Features:
- Great pizza!RosaDined on 7/12/2014We had a great time watching a World Cup match. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real dealMAMADined on 7/11/2014very good food from a place run and staffed with some real italians - you can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Very Good pizza and appetizersmponwebDined on 7/3/2014If you want a pizza italian style, this is the place where to go. They also have amazing appetizers, among them a fresh burrata. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pizza!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014I loved it. Delicious pizza, great salads and a nice outdoor space. Waiter was so nice and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding pizza!DebinVADined on 6/21/2014When I visit NYC meal at Forcella is at the top of my list. Chef Adriani and his highly professional staff provide an excellent dining experience. The food and service are both first rate. Ingredients are fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nitecowgirlsinnyDined on 6/20/2014My son happened to recommend the restaurant after seeing it on a food channel. My Wyoming friends were visiting , and I met them in the city. They always look for good pizza, since they have yet to find a place in Wyoming that can compare to the NY, NJ, Philadelphia area. ( past NJ natives). We were met with a friendly staff, great service and the pizza was great. Since we arrived a little earlier than our reservations, we sat at the bar and enjoyed a lite conversation with our bartender. Ambiance galore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about deep fried pizzastoryidDined on 6/16/2014Get the deep fried pizza and kale caesar salad, they are my favorites and you cannot go wrong...love this place so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeRicR313Dined on 6/15/2014Service timely, tasty. I would return. Like to try more on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InvisibleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Pass unless you like being invisible; staff was just below par and the owners didn't seem to care. food was fair.
- Deep fried pizzastoryidDined on 5/7/2014So awesome, I came for the deep fried pizza and it lived up to all expectations, plus the kale caesar salad was unexpected and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food amazing you'll never forgetluv2eat87Dined on 5/3/2014The overall ambiance of this place I would have to give an A. The service was amazing quick and sufficient. Our meals were delicious and my group and I enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedDavidNYCDined on 4/21/2014Glass of Gavi wine-excellent Appetizers-pretty good Pizza-Good Service-Not good Ambience-Nice The reviews all mention bad service. They are right. Waitress seemed didn't seem to care about anything at our table, except getting away from us, and we are not difficult (4 of us). She messed up the order because she doesn't listen to her customers, she was distracted--by what I don't know, the place was not crowded. Really this gives NYC waiters a bad rep, and I was one, so it's not accurate. The pizzas are a little rich and chewy. The fried pizza is a nice idea, but needs to bake for longer. The first few bites were great, then by the end I was pushing it away. Starters were good, esp. the kale caesar and eggplant parm.
- Family dinner at ForcellaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2014We enjoyed the restaurant and food was good. We did feel we were rushed to get out of the restaurant as there were other guests waiting . We were also automatically charged a service charge of $30 dollars where the menu stated it was only for parties of more than 6. There were 5 of us, 3 which were children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza, screeching musicIZ817VIPDined on 3/26/2014Best pizza is the decumani with truffle oil and arugula - yum! This past Thursday, first time since I've been going to Forcella, live music was playing which turned out to be the worst, screeching singer. We had to hurry up and eat to get away from the noise. Others around us same thing. I would recommend you ask if there will be live music playing before you sit down if you intend to have a conversation with your table mates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to Forcella BoweryAnonymousDined on 3/22/2014I have been to Forcella Bowery twice for smaller, more intimate birthday gatherings. Both times we have ordered a variety of pizzas and salads for the table to share. This is really the way to go - the food is amazing and you'll want to be able to try everything! The Kale Caeser Salad and the Amalfi Salads are excellent choices. As for pizza, the Montanara ("The New York Original Fried Pizza") was a crowd pleaser, but my personal favorite is the Porta Capuana, with burrata, arugula, prosciutto, and pecorino - so refreshing and very light! Service was well-timed and friendly. I believe they only sell wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try!!! Awesome everything!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014Been wanting to try this place for a while. The food, service and ambiance are awesome! Will def go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, no managementLove2tryeverythingDined on 3/7/2014We brought a groupon we had just bought the day before. The waiter said sure. Then came back and asked to see it. He went back and forth saying he would take care of us. Then before we ordered he said he couldn't take te groupon cause apparently management didn't want to extend the deal but it was on groupon for 2 days before we even bought it. It didn't expire until June 2014, but there was no manager or owner there on a Friday night. He was basic his information from what the bartender told him. He told us he would take the $75 off the bill cause that's what we spent on the groupon, however we got less food and drinks and had to pay more money than what we originally expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic Neapolis and pizzaBrunoDined on 3/6/2014This is the real deal, plus it's actually served by Italians. Buratta fresh off the plane and excellent pizzas make this one of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza outside of ItalyTirianVIPDined on 2/28/2014Awesome pizza! Their wine list could be better and would be nice with a cheaper option or 2. Their pizza blows away John's, Grimaldi and the others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the decumani pizza is amazing!!!IZ817VIPDined on 2/28/2014like this place for one signature pie - the decumani. all the other pies are pretty similar to anything you could get at any good pizza restaurant but the decumani is really a notch above. in the warmer months, they have outdoors seating which is really kind of nice even tho it is on the bowery.Special Features:
- Fried Pizza at its Best!!GerryandgeegDined on 2/22/2014We visited this restaurant after seeing it on Television for its one of a kind fried pizza dishes. The Food was actaully very good. The Fried Pizza and the fried calzone we ordered was really delicious!! It was a nice experience that we all enjoyed. The desserts were also very very good. We were served by Leo, who recommended his personal bests....he was on it & the service was great! You have to try fried pizza if you haven't!Special Features:
- PizzaJamandDeeDined on 2/22/2014We made reservations after seeing the restaraunt on tv and were excited to go. The app was good prosciutto tomatoes balsamic glaze and ricotta/mozzarella . Then we ordered two pizzas. Margherita and a Quattro spanglioli. The flavor was good but the pizza was not cooked well and soggy, you had to eat with a fork and knife and the pizza's were runny. I have eaten pizza in Napoli and all over New York my whole life, It was a very disappointing experience and would not recommend the pizza at forcella.
- The pizza was too doughy.wnpveronaVIPDined on 2/22/2014The pizza was too doughy. Didn't like it. My friend agreed. There were very few tables for 2 in the restaurant (at least the way it was configured the night I was there). The table we were first seated at had a pole next to it taking much of the table space. So we were reseated at a table for 2 in the bar area. One seat had no back.
- My kids loved it. So did I.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/21/2014My kids (5 and 9) and I ate her before seeing a play at LaMama. We were there before 6 so it was quiet and we got a lot of attention from the wait staff. They were extremely friendly to my hungry little guys and kept the bread basket full. The vegan pizza was delish and fresh. My kids got the margarita pizza which they loved. Next time, I would skip the fried dough desert and just get the gelato which my younger son got and devoured. Excellent attitude-free choice in the East Village.Special Features:
- Fried pizza is amazing - definitelyAnnieVIPDined on 1/31/2014Fried pizza is amazing - definitely worth the visit.Special Features:
- Worst customer EVER.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/19/2014There was literally not 1 other person in the restaurant but we waited almost 45 minutes to get our drinks. They were beyond terrible. It would have been easier to go into the kitchen and cook it ourselves.
- Squisito!BwayJoeDined on 1/12/2014This authentic Neapolitan pizza is "in the zone" and can only be the product of a very talented pizzaiolo. Plus I'm always amazed at the transformation of The Bowery, as I'm old enough to remember being accosted by bums at every turn. A great find for pizza lovers with a palate for the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing margheritatanakaVIPDined on 1/12/2014Margherita extra was pretty good. What about the Sunday special (Margherita + soup 10$)?! Marinara doesn't want basil!Special Features: