Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Los Gatos
206 N. Santa Cruz Ave.
Los Gatos, CA 95030Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Los Gatos
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.forbesmillsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4083956434x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Only: Sunday thru Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm - Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brian Weselby
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options will be considered. Please call to discuss.
- Special Events: We can make your private function a complete success with numerous options available, birthday, graduation, retirement, you name it we can accommodate it. Please give us a call to set up your next party. Our room can hold 36 comfortably or more if your having a stand-up cocktail function.
A word from Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Los Gatos
At Forbes Mill Steakhouse we offer the finest cuisine, all natural Kobe and Prime Certified Angus Beef. Less than 1.5% of beef is elite enough to meet CAB brand prime standards. Our menu includes, Australian Lamb Chops, Veal Chop, Australian Lobster Tail, fresh Ahi Tuna from Hawaii, and a wide variety of seafood entrees for every guest to enjoy! Our cuisine is perfectly accompanied with a Wine Spectator "Best of Excellence" list featuring the finest domestic and international wines to please any palate or budget, all thoughtfully selected by our resident Sommelier. Our professional staff is dedicated to crafting a memorable dining experience for our guests, and they share a commitment to quality and a passion to serve you. Sit back, Relax and Enjoy the Ultimate Steakhouse Experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Los Gatos - Best Restaurants in Los Gatos ›
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Los Gatos reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (69)notable wine list (62)fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (26)great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/17/2014We ate so much food! It was good - expensive but nice for a special occasion. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- buckDined on 9/13/2014the creamed spinach was great, steak ok, drinks very good. was a bit disappointed vs my last dining experience with you.A bit pricey vs the quality this time.Special Features:
- Excellent Service!jd03Dined on 9/12/2014Our server was Alex & he was outstanding! Very relax meal, no rush - perfect & meal was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicecamytangDined on 9/7/2014Fantastic steaks for dinner. The quality of the ribeye was amazing. Beet salad was terrific, so was the au gratin potatoes. The coffee creme brûlée is quite simply the best creme brûlée I've ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion SpotCynzinDined on 9/6/2014Nice romantic spot. Special menus printed for special occasions (ex: Bday). Wine list is on the high end, so bring your own bottle to skip markups. Even though menu is steak heavy, the fish was amazing!Special Features:
- Swing and a MissInKilterDiningDined on 9/6/2014We dined here on 9/6 with a group of four. The service level was on par with the better experiences we've ever had. Unfortunately, the food quality was all over the map. The meal started with white corn chowder, one of the best soups I have ever experienced. The sautéed mushrooms, creamed spinach and au gratin potatoes were of equal quality. Unfortunately the steak, what should have been the star of the meal, left much to be desired. All four steaks, while cooked to our preferred temperature, were under seasoned. In some cases, they also left much to be desired in the tenderness category. Some very high notes, but the main entrée left us disappointed overall. The soup and side dishes brought it up from what would have been a two star ratingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay....JackDined on 9/6/2014We haven't been to Forbes Mill for a four years or so, but remember it being better.
- Overpriced for ambienceVictoriaDined on 9/5/2014The food is expensive and they stuck us in the back near the bathrooms. My view was the restrooms and kitchen area. Real disappointment for the $$$.
- Foody123Dined on 9/5/2014I was delivered the wrong order by kitchen staff a T-bone and I ordered a filet. I had a seating at 7:30 apparently our waiter wanted to go home. Approx 9:15 He insisted on presenting the desert menu and we were not ready to order coffee or desert yet He came back frequently trying to move us out the door It was not as relaxing and certainly disturbingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great personalized experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014My husband and I went to Forbes Mill for our anniversary. We were greeted by our first names and presented with a menu that said "Happy 5th Anniversary, Amy and Christopher". The wine was amazing, the food outstanding and the service terrific. At the end of the meal, we received our dessert with Happy Anniversary written on the plate. Such a wonderful, personalized experience. Well worth the price.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerMistyVIPDined on 8/31/2014This is one of our favorite special occasion places. Haven took excellent care of us and we had wonderful service. The steaks were right on, although the lobster was a bit chewy (it was Australian instead of from Maine), but still very flavorful. My only complaint is prime rib is missing from the menu.Special Features:
- Don't order NY stripCocoDined on 8/31/2014I ordered NY strip medium rare. First it was well over cooked. The second time was rare.Special Features:
- late night birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Our late night dinner at FMS was great and we think it was because of Jennifer, our wait-person. She gave great recommendations and made sure we were pleased. Even though it was very busy, our starter and entrees came out very fast. The swordfish was perfect, not dry at all, and the filet was cooked exactly as described.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKMistyTDined on 8/30/20146 people at a round table by the fireplace is not conducive to a fun evening - we felt packed in and were not comfortable - sat right up to the fireplace. You could not move once you were seated. Not sure why we sat at this small table - made to be a big table with chairs out in the open up to the fireplace, when we made our reservations 2 weeks prior - plenty of other areas to sit, but apparently this was the only "option" - food was ok, not great and service was ok, not great. Waiter needed a tic-tac and please don't speak down to your customers, and other wait staff needs to listen, and not hurry you through your meal and make you feel as if you have overstayed your welcome.Special Features:
- Forbes Mill reviewJmasonDined on 8/29/2014We had the most warm & elegant dinner with my son's girlfriends parents. The atmosphere is conducive to conversation and relaxation. We so enjoyed the filet mignonette prawns and Cabernet. What a great pairing. I can still remember the warm feeling our table had in quiet conversation enjoying the Cabernet Sauvignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be spoiled!BibiDined on 8/28/2014I was looking for a place to celebrate my husband birthday close by our home! On my search this place was highly recommended so I made reservation. It was our first time. When I made reservation I mentioned that is my hubby's birthday if there they could have candle or cake! The lady said they will take care of it & surely they did both my husband & I were surprised to see birthday wishes when we opened our menue! Then food was just awesome, service was absolutely great. We sure go back & highly recommand this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceSkkyupDined on 8/25/2014Exceptional service, presentation and the food to match. I had the prix fixe menu starting with prosciutto wrapped figs, wow, followed by a trio of lamb, swordfish and beef, all perfect. They also offered a matching wine flight that was amazing. My wife had the steak and lobster combination and commented on the quality of the tail. Over all it was a very enjoyable evening. Yes it's a bit pricey but they delivered on making a special occasion a memorable one.Special Features:
- Slightly disappointedAP2014Dined on 8/24/2014This was my third time coming to Forbes Mill and the food was not as great I as I remember from the last couple of times I was here. I ordered the blackened rib eye and the steak was cooked as requested, however my steak was sitting in a plate of grease. The top of my meat was completely covered with sauteed onions and the plate just looked unappealing. I tried to enjoy this but I couldn't. I felt like I could have prepared a better steak and definitely didn't feel it was worth the price.Special Features:
- SublimeFoodLoverDined on 8/20/2014We absolutely love Forbes Mill, especially when celebrating a special occasion. They never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, but disappointedtinadonovanVIPDined on 8/16/2014A mixed review follows our Saturday evening dinner for four. The hostesses (four !!) were polite, but un-helpful. The bar area was full with people dining & very little space for enjoying a drink before dinner. The bar staff did not venture out from behind the bar to provide any service to the four of us. The dining area is very open with a "cattle" feeling! Tables very close together! Our waiter (Tim) was great & the food was very good. But, I won't rush back :(
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014If I hadn't been to Press in Napa the week before, I might have enjoyed our dinner at Forbes Mill more than I did. The salads and steaks were fine but certainly nothing spectacular. The hostess stuck us in the back room behind the bar with a couple of large parties, and the waiters seemed more intent on taking care of them than us. There was a long delay between our salads and entrees, and my water glass was empty for most of dinner. I hadn't been to Forbes Mill in a couple of years, and based on this experience, I'm not in any hurry to go back.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerliketoeatDined on 8/16/2014Went to Forbes for our Anniversary.. Decided to sit outside,since we have never sat outside. The first table they seated us at was sort of hot, even with the shades.. we asked if we could move and they were fine with us moving down to more shade.. Ken was out waiter, whom we have had before , we just love him! Dinner was awesome, as usual.. It was fun to sit outside and people watch. Since it was our anniversary, they comped us a delicious chocolate fudge brownie and big scoop of vanilla ice cream with a candle it in.. Also they had "Happy Anniversary"written in chocolate that had been chilled around the edge of the plate. you'll also have a special page in the menu with your names on it if you mention your names at reservation time.Special Features:
- EnjoyableDrChrisDined on 8/10/2014Asked for a quiet, nice table and was put in a noisy, crowded area in spite of there being lots of empty tables. The hostess did reseat us when we asked. Service excellent. Steak a little overdone. Lambs Chops excellent. Lots of food with entree. Lamb came 2 vegies and beef with potatoes and vegie. Not a romantic place but quite enjoyable.Special Features:
- great spot in LG!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014really enjoyed our dinner at Forbes Mill. They happily accommodated our gluten-free requests as well as my weird prejudice against garlic. Definitely would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!!!FoodLoverDined on 8/4/2014I wish I could give Forbes Mill more stars! This is our special occasion restaurant, and they always please us. The service is fantastic, we weren't rushed through our meal. Our server this evening, Haven(sp?), was just the best. We came to celebrate my husband's birthday, with our two young daughters, and we were all impressed with our entire experience.Special Features:
- Always a great meal.diner2013Dined on 7/28/2014We dined here to celebrate a family member's 1st wedding anniversary and wasn't disappointed. The meal was delicious and the service was excellent. This was our guest's first time at the restaurant and they greatly enjoyed their visit. We had an enjoyable time and didn't feel rushed. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ServiceMandRDined on 7/27/2014The wait staff and hostess were exceptional. They made special accommodations for my elderly mother and were charmingly attentive throughout the evening. Although we were having a light meal, without wine, they treated us like we were high rollers. We enjoyed the decor, lighting, and quiet ambience. A charming place to enjoy a meal, which brings me to the food . . . The steak melted in our mouths, as did the sea scallop appetizer. We thought the al dente asparagus was nice, but kind of blah. A drop of lemon juice or something would have been nice. The blue cheese dressing on the wedge salad didn't seem freshly made (tasted like bottled), so that was disappointing. Still, we'd return for the delicious ribeye and the warm people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeatLissaDined on 7/27/2014Definitely go for the wine and mixed drinks, stay for the meat!Special Features:
- What a meal!lynpowDined on 7/25/2014We had a great time. The steaks were fantastic, as were all the sides, the service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great servicecogwacDined on 7/19/2014very professional and experienced service from the waiters. We chose an outdoor table on a nice evening and felt it was much better than what we saw inside -- darker and nosier.Special Features:
- Special Event SpotTryAlexandersVIPDined on 7/17/2014I dine here for my special occasions, special birthdays and special celebratory events. The service is great and the food expertly prepared. They prepare their steaks precisely as requested, so medium rare is really medium rare, and the sides are large enough for sharing. They have a great wine list and represents a complete and high-quality dining experience!Special Features:
- Food was good but not exceptionalPolluxDined on 7/16/2014Had $65 pris fixe menu. The main dish was good but not exceptional. I would have given it 3.5 stars ff that kind of resolution in the ratings were available. The dessert was fantastic and the service was exceptional. I found it to be too noisy, however. I like some noise to have that "high energy" feeling, but this was loud enough that it made it difficult to understand what my table mates were saying.Special Features:
- Great service; food, not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014We're not newbies to pricey steakhouses. We took my mother out for her 80th birthday, The Good - waiter service was great (Benjamin). He did everything well. Some ribeyes were good. Mac and cheese was great. The bad - wine list is very expensive. My rib eye was too fatty. Some side dishes were not hot when served. Restaurant was too bright for our tastes. The ugly - the bathrooms It just seemed VERY pricey for average cuts of meat and average kitchen performance.
- Nice night outHowieDined on 7/10/2014As a party of four, we each ordered something different. We each found our dinner fixed perfectly and delicious. Our waiter, Tim, was very attentive. It was a birthday celebration and the restaurant had a special Happy Birthday for her on the menu and brought her a special dessert. As expected, the cost was quite high, but worth it.Special Features:
- very goodgapsmomDined on 7/3/2014Forbes Mill was a good choice for a "grown up" night out. Noise level was good, waiter was excellent, knowledgeable and helpful with suggestions. Parking was easy, location was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner!RbtaylorDined on 6/29/2014I made reservations that afternoon, stated it was our 18th anniversary. The chef had put together a special menu (3 course), with a 'Happy 18th' on the top. The waiter gave us wonderful wine suggestions. We ordered off the standard menu and everything was absolutely delicious. Dessert came on a plate with 'happy anniversary' written on it in chocolate. The meal was very pricey ($300 inc tip & 2 half bottles of wine), but for a special night out, it was worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comeagainDined on 6/26/2014Enjoyed our dinner very much. Good food, good service. We went on a Thursday eve and it was fairly full and pretty quiet. One of my top priorities for a restaurant these days is a noise level low enough to have a pleasant conversation. FM passed the test. Would have to try the restaurant on the weekend to compare.Special Features:
- Perfect Filet MignonElsieVIPDined on 6/26/2014Again we descended upon Forbes for an occasion - belated Happy Fathers Day. By providing them with this information beforehand, they printed the specials of the day with our occasion title at the top. Classy! The service was excellent. When one of our group made a last-minute decision to get a side dish, it was met with a smile and the side dish delivered immediately. Four of our seven ordered the filet mignon. All were cooked to perfection. We tried the potatoes au gratin this time and it was delicious. Thinly sliced rounds of potato with a light cheesy cream sauce. A different, but delightful take on the dish. All in all, it was perfect... again. Thanks Forbes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhousereviewer3Dined on 6/24/2014I think this is a typical upscale steakhouse. Service was very good and all the food was tasty. Server made good wine recommendations. If you want an expensive steak, this is great place to go.Special Features:
- Things are not the sameDsnakeDined on 6/22/2014Service was great, but steaks were not what we remembered from last time, think they may have changed the recipe.Special Features: