Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville
200 Sycamore Valley West
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.forbesmillsteakhouse.com/index.php
- Phone: 9255520505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Adam Bortolussi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private room that comfortably seats 36. We have the ability to craft menus to suit your function and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Gordon 9255520505
A word from Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville
At Forbes Mill Steakhouse we offer the finest cuisine, all natural Kobe and Prime Certified Angus Beef, fresh seafood from Hawaii daily, Australian Lamb and Lobster tail, and much more. Our cuisine is perfectly accompanied with a wine list featuring award winning local, regional and global vintages, all thoughtfully selected by our resident Sommelier Jeremy Vassalo. Our professional staff is dedicated to crafting a memorable dining experience for our guests, and they share a commitment to quality and a passion to serve you. Sit back, Relax and Enjoy the Ultimate Steakhouse Experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)romantic (44)neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (35)good for groups (27)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Slightly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014I have eaten at this restaurant three times now (2 dinners and 1 Lunch). I had the bone in rib-eye for both dinners. It is a bit pricey but it is a large cut. The first time I thought it was one of the best steaks I have had; however, the second time I was disappointed. Both times I ordered the steak prepared medium-rare. On this last visit the steak looked like it was cooked properly but it was tough and not flavorable. I have no idea what could have caused that but after hearing comments from the waiter, I would advise to stay away from the restaurant on Sunday evenings.Special Features:
- Forbes Mill Steakhouse - DanvilleRitchieGDined on 10/18/2014I frequent this restaurant probably 6 times a year. Great prime rib and steaks. Get there before 8 if you want prime rib on a Friday or Saturday as they make over 100 lbs but it is the best seller among men. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 words...TurkDined on 10/14/2014Perfect like always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good Friend's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Exceptional service by a new waiter who's been at Forbes for only one week. They provided menus with 'Happy Birthday John" written across the top which really impressed our guest. The service and food were, as usual, excellent. Two of us ordered Twin Peaks, one ordered the Petite Filet and one ordered the Filet and Shrimp. All great choices and the appetizers, Stuffed Mushrooms and Calamari were perfect choices also. Thanks for a memorable evening with good friends on a special occasion from everyone at Forbes Mill.Special Features:
- One of my top ten...dencurtDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant is everything you want from a dependable restaurant. The ambiance is great, the food has been very good 4 out of the 5 times my husband and I have been here, and the pricing is just right for what you get. The one time when we took some out of town guests and the food was just not up to par that night, they did try to make it right, but when they still weren't hitting it and they realized it they gave us a gift card to come back and that's all you can ask for so they even got it right that night in my opinion. Will continue to go when in the mood for steak. I have just discovered they have amazing prime rib but still love their filet mignon.Special Features:
- Food was okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014The service and ambiance were very good. The food was disappointing. I ordered a steak that was given a sauce I did not request, and I was never asked what side dish I would like to have with the steak. We ordered a risotto that was barely edible. The rice was crunchy, and the sauce had an overpowering lemon flavor. Overall, I was disappointed in the meal. The meal was average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, maybe not worth it allelizcaVIPDined on 10/3/2014I gave this a second chance. Service was OK. The food is still heart stoppingly expensive for what you are served. I don't think I will be back.Special Features:
- Good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Weonce again enjoyed an evening with friends at Forbes Mill. Service was excellent, the menu was diverse, and the food was very well prepared and hot at the table. Drinks were a bit slow in arriving, but that'd be our only gripe for a great evening out with friends.Special Features:
- If you like salt....thead1stVIPDined on 9/26/2014Had not been in a while - decided on a late lunch visit. French Dip / French Onion Soup (altered choice from menu) / Wedge - packaged lunch special for $17 Service was fine. Slow to get food out with an empty restaurant Yelp reviews stated French Onion was good - but we found out that is was based with the same liquid from the AuJus used for the French Dip and all we can say is "someone dumped too much salt in there" even the waiter seemed to know this was an issue from side comments So he recommended we try the Fresh Clam(less) Chowder - enough said there Meat on the French Dip was dry and over done -had zero opportunity to state if we wanted med rare or dead and dry Wedge was completely uninspired - no nuts berries or adornment
- Love2EatVIPDined on 9/25/2014This was our first time at Forbes. We were celebrating an 85th birthday. The service was excellent, very attentive from start to finish. The menu selection was fresh and the food was excellent. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Great food, prompt service!SpecialK9347Dined on 9/21/2014I have been to Forbes Mill a number of times, and I have never been disappointed. The food is always cooked to perfection (I'm a huge fan of their filet mignon) and the service has always been exceptional. The ambiance is also perfect for an anniversary or date night - low, warm lighting and minimal noise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair experience - prime ribonlyprimeribDined on 9/21/2014Since we were there to celebrate my sister's 40th birthday, it was very disappointing that her dish did not meet expectations. She ordered the Prix Fixe menu and did not find any of the dishes offered (there was a little bit of everthing (filet, fish and crispy quail). The filet was tasteless, the fish was dry and the crispy quail was soggy. On the other hand, the prime rib I ordered was great. We determined that if we go back it will only be for the prime rib.Special Features:
- Anniversary NightFoodloverDined on 9/19/2014The food is superb and equally matched by its service. Everyone from the hostess to the waiter to the runners are friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak and servicesteakordieDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I had our first anniversary here and the service was excellent. They even printed out a menu for us with our names and a happy anniversary greeting on it. The food was excellent and my 14oz NY Strip was supurb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consitently ExcellentmarkandloriDined on 9/7/2014We lived in San Ramon for over 10 years and this was a staple. Having been in San Francisco for two-years now, we happened to have an opportunity to stop by (coming from Sonora) and were concerned it wouldn't be the same. We couldn't have been more delighted. Everything was wonderful, Surf and Turf was exceptional and the Mac and Cheese was a must have. Creme Brulee was perfect in flavor and texture and Adriana was a doll. Definitely one of our favorite restaurants (and did I mention we live in the city)Special Features:
- Fantastic!!grkindanvilleDined on 9/6/2014Excellent service and excellent food and very good accommodating kids. A sure fire place to come back to.Special Features:
- Hit and missOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Great wait-person, food is good as expected, but cold. Our calamari appetizer, my husband's steak and the vegetables were all hot. But my prime rib was lukewarm and the mashed potatoes I had were ice cold. I never complain for fear that staff could get upset and do something to the food once returned. I'm sure this wonderful restaurant wouldn't do that, but I'm old school. I shouldn't have to ask that my food be brought hot...or at least warm. What's disappointing is the same thing happened about 6 months ago. Maybe they plate the prime rib first and wait for the other guests' food to be cooked. I had hoped it wouldn't happen again, and it did. At $140 tab for two, sure wish my food was hot.
- Great Birthday DinnerCook811Dined on 8/25/2014Food was great, service was outstanding. The only issue were a set of parent allowing their toddler to scream all night.Special Features:
- Steak is great, but salmon is awfulDanvilledinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014One person in our party ordered steak and she said it was delicious. My husband and I ordered salmon and other items and they were awful. The salmon, spinach and potatoes were laden with oil.
- RushedPattiKDined on 8/23/2014We have dined at Forbes Mill several times and it is usually much better. On this occasion, dinner was good, not great. Service was very rushed, which was a disappointment given the amount of $$ we spent. I understand it was a Saturday night and they were eager to turn the table over. We hope this was an exception, otherwise our $$ would be better spent at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Disappointing Birthday Outing for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014We've dined at Forbes Mill a handful of times in the past. It's pricey but generally a good place for steaks and accompanying sauces. While our server was a sweet as she could be, once we were seated, we weren't approached for 10 minutes. After placing drink orders, they didn't arrive until our first course was served. We would have preferred the cocktails before the first course. Wine pours were sloppy (drips on glass base) and shrimp and skirt steak were tough (filet OK). While we were regaled with multiple desserts for the special occasion, we left disappointed. Maybe they were short staff? We won't be back for a long time. Esin, Piatti's and Bridges are better options in Danville.
- DisappointedFoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have dined at Forbes Mill many times and generally we have had a wonderful experience. However, on our recent visit to celebrate a special family event we were very disappointed with the service we were provided and the quality of the food was not up to expectation, especially given the cost of the meal. Our server appeared to be not very experienced and was not attentive to our needs. He did not handle properly a premium bottle of wine we carried into the restaurant, was slow to react to our requests and when we finally got our dinner, one of the plates had to be returned since the dish was extremely overcooked. We hope this was an isolated experience as we would hate to take our family and friends elsewhere in the future.
- DeliciousbeetlejudeDined on 8/15/2014Steak was like butter melting in my mouth! The restaurant is a little on the loud side, but the food is great.Special Features:
- Very nice dinner with friendsDaraDimplesDined on 8/9/2014The food was so tasty and was nice and hot when coming to the table. The service was impeccable and the decor was lovely. The noise level was very high for this type of establishment which surprised me. All in all, the evening was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local steakhouseStellaDined on 8/8/2014Only our second visit. Really empty for a Friday night. Not sure why. Almost nobody at the bar. Food was great. My husband's steak and my ahi tuna roll - all perfect. Server felt like she was trying to rush us. Which given that the place was 1/2 empty seemed totally inappropriate. But, I like that is a local restaurant.
- great place for a business lunchEricaDined on 8/8/2014forbes mill is always solid. the menu lacks creativity, but the food is always very good. i like to come here for business lunches because the food is good, the place isn't too loud, and it's got a nice, comfortable, but still somewhat fancy vibe.Special Features:
- The oyster is goodLeungVIPDined on 8/3/2014I like the fresh oyster very much. The lobster looks cute too. But I do not like the dessert. It is too hard and too sweet. The booth we are assigned is quite small, considering ladies usually have purse, jacket and scarf with them. Not much room to move or put down my stuffs when I sit down. And it is not cheap to eat here. The average expenditure per person including tips and tax could be more than $80.Special Features:
- Great dinnerTerrieDined on 8/2/2014The food and service were really wonderful. Our waiter was exceptional! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Resturant Love the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I dont eat steak but there always great options outside of the steak menu. My dinner guests rave about the steak here The desrt sampler plate is to die for if you like desertSpecial Features:
- Forbulousnll94002Dined on 7/30/2014Forbes didn't disappoint. While a little pricy - the quality of food was quite good. Service was good, but the acoustic ambiance was a little too much (of a good thing) "Energetic"- is the selection I made above but energetic doesn't allow casual conversation with your table-mates... Over all a good experience -Special Features:
- GoodeatinDined on 7/29/2014Our waiter was OUTSTANDING!! It was our anniversary and he made us feel so special. It was our first time at the restaurant - we now understand why everyone has told us we must go to Forbes Mill - and we will return often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forbes MillRitchieGDined on 7/27/2014This is the only place I know where you can get an excellent wet - aged prime up for under $40. The meat was tender and we'll seasoned and perfectly cioked. You will not walk away hungry!Special Features:
- A fine business dinnerdevryoctaneDined on 7/17/2014Would highly recommend. A bit pricey, but the steaks were out of this world. Everyone agreed in our group that the place was excellent all around. Staff was courteous and we had no trouble scoring seating any time before 6:30. Slowly got busier as we ate.Special Features:
- Always good.redmeatisgoodDined on 7/13/2014Went here with kids for a family night out and everyone had a good time. Food was excellent as always.Special Features:
- Certified Angus BeefBigCDined on 7/12/2014The 8 ounce prime filet mingion certified angus beef is amazing. This is the reason to visit this restaurant. The augratin style potatoes were aslo good, however the filet is the best in the bay area that I have ever had. I have had good steaks at other restaurants but for tenderness and flavor I can't remember ever having a better filet. The rest of the people in my group ordered the same thing and were also impressed and satisfied. For a special occassion this is a great pick. They do have a kids menu, however if you have young kids I would go more early to eat not too late, 5:00pm or 5:30pm works. Also with a corkage fee of $20 it was worth it to my group to bring a bottle we like from home instead of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot In DanvillearcmblkDined on 7/11/2014Like the place for both dinner and lunch. The food is first quality and the service friendly.Special Features:
- somany2littletimesomany2littletimeVIPDined on 7/7/2014Great Spot. Birthday Dinner for Husband, Prime Steak was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will ImpressOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/5/2014I believe bringing someone to Forbes Mill will be bound to leave a good impression. The ambiance is elegant but not stuffy, the staff is very attentive and well trained. And the food is really really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvwineVIPDined on 6/26/2014Good food, great wine list. But, this is my last visit. The place is just extremely expensive. For about 1/3 to 1/2 less I can go elsewhere.
- Great steakhouse!LisaSDined on 6/26/2014We have dined here on several occasions - for business dinners with clients. Our clients appreciate this restaurant, as the food and service are always impeccable. The steaks are tasty and cooked to order and the sides and salads are wonderful. All around, a great place for business dinners, special occasions, date night, etc. This is not, however, a good place for little kids as the service is not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1019 reviews are from the Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville reviews archive.