Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville
200 Sycamore Valley West
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.forbesmillsteakhouse.com/index.php
- Phone: 9255520505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Adam Bortolussi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private room that comfortably seats 36. We have the ability to craft menus to suit your function and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Gordon 9255520505
A word from Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville
At Forbes Mill Steakhouse we offer the finest cuisine, all natural Kobe and Prime Certified Angus Beef, fresh seafood from Hawaii daily, Australian Lamb and Lobster tail, and much more. Our cuisine is perfectly accompanied with a wine list featuring award winning local, regional and global vintages, all thoughtfully selected by our resident Sommelier Jeremy Vassalo. Our professional staff is dedicated to crafting a memorable dining experience for our guests, and they share a commitment to quality and a passion to serve you. Sit back, Relax and Enjoy the Ultimate Steakhouse Experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)romantic (48)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (30)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great Birthday DinnerCook811Dined on 8/25/2014Food was great, service was outstanding. The only issue were a set of parent allowing their toddler to scream all night.Special Features:
- Steak is great, but salmon is awfulDanvilledinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014One person in our party ordered steak and she said it was delicious. My husband and I ordered salmon and other items and they were awful. The salmon, spinach and potatoes were laden with oil.
- RushedPattiKDined on 8/23/2014We have dined at Forbes Mill several times and it is usually much better. On this occasion, dinner was good, not great. Service was very rushed, which was a disappointment given the amount of $$ we spent. I understand it was a Saturday night and they were eager to turn the table over. We hope this was an exception, otherwise our $$ would be better spent at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Disappointing Birthday Outing for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014We've dined at Forbes Mill a handful of times in the past. It's pricey but generally a good place for steaks and accompanying sauces. While our server was a sweet as she could be, once we were seated, we weren't approached for 10 minutes. After placing drink orders, they didn't arrive until our first course was served. We would have preferred the cocktails before the first course. Wine pours were sloppy (drips on glass base) and shrimp and skirt steak were tough (filet OK). While we were regaled with multiple desserts for the special occasion, we left disappointed. Maybe they were short staff? We won't be back for a long time. Esin, Piatti's and Bridges are better options in Danville.
- DisappointedFoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have dined at Forbes Mill many times and generally we have had a wonderful experience. However, on our recent visit to celebrate a special family event we were very disappointed with the service we were provided and the quality of the food was not up to expectation, especially given the cost of the meal. Our server appeared to be not very experienced and was not attentive to our needs. He did not handle properly a premium bottle of wine we carried into the restaurant, was slow to react to our requests and when we finally got our dinner, one of the plates had to be returned since the dish was extremely overcooked. We hope this was an isolated experience as we would hate to take our family and friends elsewhere in the future.
- DeliciousbeetlejudeDined on 8/15/2014Steak was like butter melting in my mouth! The restaurant is a little on the loud side, but the food is great.Special Features:
- Very nice dinner with friendsDaraDimplesDined on 8/9/2014The food was so tasty and was nice and hot when coming to the table. The service was impeccable and the decor was lovely. The noise level was very high for this type of establishment which surprised me. All in all, the evening was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local steakhouseStellaDined on 8/8/2014Only our second visit. Really empty for a Friday night. Not sure why. Almost nobody at the bar. Food was great. My husband's steak and my ahi tuna roll - all perfect. Server felt like she was trying to rush us. Which given that the place was 1/2 empty seemed totally inappropriate. But, I like that is a local restaurant.
- great place for a business lunchEricaDined on 8/8/2014forbes mill is always solid. the menu lacks creativity, but the food is always very good. i like to come here for business lunches because the food is good, the place isn't too loud, and it's got a nice, comfortable, but still somewhat fancy vibe.Special Features:
- The oyster is goodLeungVIPDined on 8/3/2014I like the fresh oyster very much. The lobster looks cute too. But I do not like the dessert. It is too hard and too sweet. The booth we are assigned is quite small, considering ladies usually have purse, jacket and scarf with them. Not much room to move or put down my stuffs when I sit down. And it is not cheap to eat here. The average expenditure per person including tips and tax could be more than $80.Special Features:
- Great dinnerTerrieDined on 8/2/2014The food and service were really wonderful. Our waiter was exceptional! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Forbulousnll94002Dined on 7/30/2014Forbes didn't disappoint. While a little pricy - the quality of food was quite good. Service was good, but the acoustic ambiance was a little too much (of a good thing) "Energetic"- is the selection I made above but energetic doesn't allow casual conversation with your table-mates... Over all a good experience -Special Features:
- GoodeatinDined on 7/29/2014Our waiter was OUTSTANDING!! It was our anniversary and he made us feel so special. It was our first time at the restaurant - we now understand why everyone has told us we must go to Forbes Mill - and we will return often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forbes MillRitchieGDined on 7/27/2014This is the only place I know where you can get an excellent wet - aged prime up for under $40. The meat was tender and we'll seasoned and perfectly cioked. You will not walk away hungry!Special Features:
- A fine business dinnerdevryoctaneDined on 7/17/2014Would highly recommend. A bit pricey, but the steaks were out of this world. Everyone agreed in our group that the place was excellent all around. Staff was courteous and we had no trouble scoring seating any time before 6:30. Slowly got busier as we ate.Special Features:
- Always good.redmeatisgoodDined on 7/13/2014Went here with kids for a family night out and everyone had a good time. Food was excellent as always.Special Features:
- Certified Angus BeefBigCDined on 7/12/2014The 8 ounce prime filet mingion certified angus beef is amazing. This is the reason to visit this restaurant. The augratin style potatoes were aslo good, however the filet is the best in the bay area that I have ever had. I have had good steaks at other restaurants but for tenderness and flavor I can't remember ever having a better filet. The rest of the people in my group ordered the same thing and were also impressed and satisfied. For a special occassion this is a great pick. They do have a kids menu, however if you have young kids I would go more early to eat not too late, 5:00pm or 5:30pm works. Also with a corkage fee of $20 it was worth it to my group to bring a bottle we like from home instead of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot In DanvillearcmblkDined on 7/11/2014Like the place for both dinner and lunch. The food is first quality and the service friendly.Special Features:
- somany2littletimesomany2littletimeVIPDined on 7/7/2014Great Spot. Birthday Dinner for Husband, Prime Steak was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will ImpressOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/5/2014I believe bringing someone to Forbes Mill will be bound to leave a good impression. The ambiance is elegant but not stuffy, the staff is very attentive and well trained. And the food is really really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvwineVIPDined on 6/26/2014Good food, great wine list. But, this is my last visit. The place is just extremely expensive. For about 1/3 to 1/2 less I can go elsewhere.
- Great steakhouse!LisaSDined on 6/26/2014We have dined here on several occasions - for business dinners with clients. Our clients appreciate this restaurant, as the food and service are always impeccable. The steaks are tasty and cooked to order and the sides and salads are wonderful. All around, a great place for business dinners, special occasions, date night, etc. This is not, however, a good place for little kids as the service is not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your money!enricoDined on 6/23/2014These people do not know how to prepare & serve delicious food for $$$ prices they demand. Don't waste your good appetite and money on this place.
- Never disappoints.meatloversDined on 6/20/2014We had the 32 oz Tomahawk chop & Kobe filet - crazy good! Super wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!BruceDined on 6/14/2014I had a great meal at Forbes Mill Steakhouse! Really enjoyed the food and the service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Location was the fifth star. Food mediocre, over priced. Service was outstanding. Would go back in a few months for lack of something better in direct vicinity.Special Features:
- MickeyDined on 6/13/2014The service was excellent and the food was great. Reservation was ready when arrived on time. The bar manager made sure that our drinks were to our liking and the service was quick. I would recommend Forbes Mills to anyone who enjoys a great steak house. My compliments to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swing, and a miss...DanvillecynicDined on 6/7/2014Third visit in two weeks...week days food better...saturday night visit with 4 guests...3 plates ok 1 steak raw ordered med....leaves a lot to be desired for 400.00 tab...they exist because nobody wants to drive to wc RuthChris's which never ever has an off night....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Collin our waiter was on top of it!Psalm56Dined on 6/6/2014Great service helps any meal enjoyable. Great service and great food is a great combination. I was told by many friends, "you will love it." They are correct. The only setback is for us who are on limited incomes, the menu is expensive. The prices do meet the service and food. I am not complaining about the prices because they are fair. So one may need to know Forbes Mill is for special occasions. The restaurant is NOT a two for twenty dollar type of restaurant! Again you will get your money's worth. The next time I have expendable income I will consider spending it at Forbes Mill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerBS63Dined on 6/5/2014My wife and I dinner at Forb's Mill on a Thursday night. The restaurant was busy but not packed. It seemed to be very loud, and it was hard to hear each other. The had a good selection of wine and the food was excellent. I would recommend trying this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, a bit of a letdownEastbaysteakloverDined on 6/1/2014After searching on the internet for steakhouses my wife and I and another couple dined at Forge Mill last Sunday night. We did have an early reservation and were seated immediately. It was not busy. Let's start with the pluses. The food was very good, not great and the portions were small to adequate. We didn't have any drinks or wine, three of the four people were non drinkers. Now, the negatives. The service was below par, the waitress messed up my order and despite being told numerous times that it was "ok" still insisted on bringing me the correct item which I did not eat. The food took too long and was a little cold by the time we were served. The prices were very high for what we had. I don't think I'll be back. Sorry.Special Features:
- Wife's B/DFoodie2UDined on 5/31/2014Made reservations for my wife's birthday, 3 of us including my son. All I can say is that it could'nt have been better! Great food, and our server Claudia was outstanding! Always making sure everything was just right. Not my first time there and surely not my last, in fact we'll be back for my B/D!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningHappyfoodiesVIPDined on 5/30/2014We had a great evening. Awesome food and amazing service. Our waiter was super helpful, funny and great with the kids. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/29/2014Receptionist should direct us to the dinner table after we had coctails and appetizers at the bar. After asking her if a table was available and telling us yes it took another half hour before I went over to her and asked her if our table was ready. Mind you it was a Thursday and the dining tables were empty at about 6:00 pm besides a table with 3 guys in golf shirts. She knodded her head yes, and then I had to ask her if I was to go get my wife and bring her over as well. She needs to communicate a little bit better or we would of waited for hours at the bar to no attention.Special Features:
- A nice anniversaryJackiesmomDined on 5/28/2014We decided to try this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. We had excellent service from the time we walked through the door. The food was cooked and seasoned to perfection. We had a wonderful evening and are looking forward to eating here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, as alwaysLisaVIPDined on 5/27/2014We were a party of four and went for a college graduation. Wonderful ambiance, warm and attentive service, delicious food.Special Features:
- Great steaksSteakDined on 5/27/2014This is THE place you want to go for steak. The desserts are good too - The service is always outstandingSpecial Features:
- First time visitwatts2014Dined on 5/23/2014My husband and I had a fabulous dinner here last week! We were searching for a restaurant to celebrate some little milestones in our lives recently and this was the perfect place! We loved absolutely everything we ate and could not have asked for better service! We will definitely be coming back here!Special Features:
- elizcaVIPDined on 5/8/2014The service was fine but she had too many tables. Busboys were great and attentive. Food was good but order was wrong. I couldn't get her attention in time to make a difference so lived with it.Special Features:
- My Favorite Steak HousesrenfroVIPDined on 5/3/2014This is buy far my favorite local steakhouse along 580/680 corridor. Great oysters and wine list as well. If you like Prime Rib, it's awesome but they tend to run out if you like to eat later in the evening.Special Features:
- The following 1001 reviews are from the Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville reviews archive.