Foragers City Table
300 West 22nd St.
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Foragers City Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.foragerscitygrocer.com/
- Phone: 2122438888
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nickolas Martinez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Foragers City Table is able to customize a menu for any occasion. For more details, please contact Alisa Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Foragers features several arrangements for larger parties in our main dining room. We can accomodate up to 60 guests for a seated family style dinner or up to 100 guests for a standing cocktail event. For smaller parties of 6-8, we can arrange tailored tasting menu with wine pairings. Each dish reflects our commitment to seasonality and the Chef will customize a menu for your occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Alisa Martinez 2122438888
A word from Foragers City Table
Foragers brings clean and ethical food of the highest quality to our customers by shortening the distance between farm and fork. We believe that it is worth going the extra mile to find foods that are healthy for human, animal, and land. We do so by bringing in many local products on our own distribution truck that delivers the best of the Hudson Valley weekly. We also grow our own vegetables and raise laying hens for eggs at our market garden in upstate New York. Since we opened in 2005, we have found many incredible people and products! We are happy to share our discoveries with you in our grocer, wine shop and restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Foragers City Table reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)neighborhood gem (69)great for brunch (33)great for lunch (14)special occasion (11)romantic (10)hot spot (10)notable wine list (8)scenic view (6)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- FantasticwestsidegirlDined on 9/27/2014Food was good, service was quick. Not much more you can ask for.Special Features:
- DeliciousGinoPVIPDined on 9/25/2014I was very pleased with the level of service and the quality of food. We sat at the bar and watched the chefs prepare the food. It was a great dinner and the foragers salad, pasta bolognese and chicken were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in ChelseaYuppiegirlDined on 9/20/2014My two girlfriends and I tried this out for Saturday brunch. It was absolutely fabulous. So many amazing options - I went for the ricotta pancakes after seeing it on a fellow diner's plate. I haven't had pancakes in probably 5 years, but these were definitely worth the carbs! I will be back to check out some other items on the menu. Also, great, friendly service & a beautiful interior.Special Features:
- Still a FavoriteRachelDined on 9/16/2014I keep coming back and bringing friends and out of town friends. I'll always return. But please take that trumpet pasta off the menu....I'm trying to diet and I CANNOT resist it! Also we shared some kind of Chocolate, coffee dessert that was on the Prix Fix Tasting menu and we nearly fainted it was so delicious!Special Features:
- DrJaeDined on 9/13/2014The food was first rate. The lighting was a bit dim. It was hard to read the menu. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Farm to table perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014Innovative menu, with a friendly staff to take you through it. Our group had fish and duck, all cooked to perfection--sides were also very tasty. Unpretentious interior, a bit on the casual side, but the food is serious and worth a trip to this Chelsea winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and creative foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/13/2014Foragers has some of the best, wonderfully balanced dishes of any restaurant in the city. Eating there revives the pleasure of discovering new combinations of tastes. The products are fresh and flavorful. The preparation is original and surprisingly satisfying. A must-try in the city.Special Features:
- Delicious, relaxed and prettymonkeypod7VIPDined on 9/12/2014The staff here is top notch. Friendly and accommodating, attentive, but not overbearing. The food is truly delicious, fresh and healthy. Great date spot. The Prix Fixe is amazing.Special Features:
- Real Food for real peopleSrtaBovaryDined on 9/11/2014Everything is so fresh, so delicate, so full of flavor!Special Features:
- Favorite Brunch SpotfoodiesdelightDined on 9/7/2014Awesome food. Service is pretty good. For brunch, be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Farm-to-Table RestaurantAMHessDined on 9/6/2014Everything was delicious. Pork was crispy and delicious and fish was rare and flavorful. The mushrooms are to die for. I could have eaten an entire meal's worth of them! There is also a nice selection of wine, and a nice view of the street through the large windows. They have an adjoining grocery store and wine store as well. The only complaint I have is that they don't open for dinner until 6pm, so keep any after-dinner plans on the later side. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Perfect PancakesLunchDateVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had a wonderful brunch here. The ricotta pancakes were absolutely amazing! Had them with a side of the pork sausage, which was equally yum. Great service and atmosphere - a lovely couple of hours. Can't wait to return :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Soft Shell CrabJannVIPDined on 9/4/2014We started with the deviled eggs, a bit pricey--3 eggs(6 halves)$12.00 but very tasty. Three of us had Tempura Soft Shell Crab served on an Asian influenced vegetable salad. Very good-fresh and light offered in two portion sizes. We all opted for the small portion and it was enough. Adjacent grocery looks very interesting almost like an small American version of Eataly. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- dgdowntownDined on 9/4/2014We decided first to browse the grocery which is attached to the restaurant. We were impressed with the freshness of the produce and the selection of fruits and vegetables. As we entered the restaurant we noticed immediately how noisy it was. Not the ordinary chatter of people happy to be out of work, this noise was bouncing off the walls. You have to speak loud to be heard, so that is what everyone is doing. Too bad, because the food is delicious and the servers were attentive and professional.Special Features:
- Top Drawer Restaurant!!!LFINDined on 9/2/2014Hands down, the best restaurant in the area. Great staff, home grown veggies, their own chickems, pigs, cows - all top quality and unique and imaginative preparations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good experiencechachounyDined on 8/23/2014Service and food was very pleasant. Very well cooked fine and tasty food. The portions are not very big so some may find there was not enough. They forgot or cocktails and we had to remind them but they apologized in a very good manner. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ForagerfastdVIPDined on 8/23/2014The Food was delicious... we really enjoyed ourselvesSpecial Features:
- Farm to table par excellence!FunwithfoodDined on 8/21/2014A friend and I met for dinner and he ordered the pork special and I ordered the fish special but with salmon substituted for the monk fish (not my favorite). My fish was spectacular; the toasted red quinoa was delectable; the wok-tossed kale was fine. Perfect seasoning, I didn't need to add a thing! I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchSStuBluVIPDined on 8/17/2014The noise level was intolerable. Too bad cause the food was well presented and very tasty. But I will not return unless I am hungry when the restaurant is empty.
- Consistently superior cookingRachelDined on 8/16/2014I first read of the place in New Yorker Mag... Now tops my list of favorite places to places to dine. I take many friends there. Everything is extremely well seasoned. Some of my favs are the farm salad, the trumpet pasta and the sea bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fell shorturbangardenerDined on 8/14/2014We were most disappointed with the manner in which we were seated. We were moved from place to place before we finally got a table so that poor treatment marred our experience there. The waiter, however, was excellent.
- Highly recommendedwineslutVIPDined on 8/14/2014My first time at this restaurant. food and service were excellent. Very gracious about BYO wine...Thanks Cannot wait to returnSpecial Features:
- MirandaVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food was quite nice but some items were really overpriced, i.e. the greens -- just cut the portion and lower the price. It's really just a pile of mesclun, etc. piled sky high. Great for neighborhood on a weeknight but wouldn't rush back.
- Rjb7Dined on 8/3/2014Great service, seated on time, food choice limited , but brunch so ok, delicious desserts, great coffee, very nice ambience, went shopping in adjoins store after eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our best meal in NYC this yearSandyDined on 8/3/2014We found Foyager on Yelp in search of a locally-sourced restaurant near our hotel. We come to NYC every year to see shows and discover new restaurants. Foyager was, by far, our favorite find in years and the fact that they offer as much fresh and locally-sourced food as possible is an extra bonus. My daughter and I both had the salmon tartine for brunch, which was just perfect. We also shared a bowl of fabulous roasted rosemary potatoes. We wished there was some magic where we could just sit and eat those potatoes forever and not get full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurant.LFINDined on 8/3/2014Clearly, the best food and service in the Chelsea area. I've been to most of them, living and working in Chelsea. Lovely staff and the healthiest and most locally grown veggies, and Forager's own beef, chicken, pork, etc. The grocery in front is well equipped for such a small store. Thank god, a welcome alternative to the Whole Foods industry!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WJ361OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Good food, but service seemed scattered - took 10 minutes to get desert I ordered as part of a pri-fixe after the entrees were taken away, brought the wrong check at the end of the meal, etc. Prices high for a casual restaurant attached to a grocery.
- not my favwantedtoloveitVIPDined on 8/2/2014the brunch selection was very limited. not many "healthier" options. Great concept though
- MarkGDined on 7/31/2014The restaurant has a nice concept: fresh, locally sourced food. Had the menu of the day. Taste & presentation of everything was very good... but unfortunately the kitchen let us down on food prep & of the 2nd course / the salmon. It took 30 minutes from when we finished our soup until the main course / salmon was served. My dish was cold - it was clear it had been plated first and then sat waiting for the second meal to be prepared. I complained, the waiter offered to remove the item from my bill. The mgr offered to replace the dish / I said no, did not want to wait another 30 mins. Even though cold, it was good. Dessert was also very good. Disappointed as it could have been much better. And they did not remove the cold item from the bill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Excellent interesting food - beautifully served. Ample wine list for pairings. Knowledgeable professional service. Try the corn soup and cheese selections. A bit noisy because of the glass and concrete surfaces.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surpriseddining101VIPDined on 7/31/2014Great farm to table restaurant - you could tell all the ingredients were extremely fresh, and the dishes really let those flavors shine. The restaurant is attached to the market, so this may not be the place for a fancy event, but the food is definitely stand out.Special Features:
- funnyfoodiegirlDined on 7/24/2014Arrived 5 minutes prior to our 6pm reservation and they wouldn't seat us until it was actually 6. This kind of set the tone for the service, except for when a friend found her pasta dish to be overly salty (it was) and they were very kind to take it off the bill and bring her another when she didn't ask for it. Needless to say we were late for our show that night, but I think it you're just there for the food and can brush off the iciness of the staff you'll enjoy the meal. Get the king crab first plate -- very delicious and interesting.Special Features:
- Freshest saladSarabVIPDined on 7/23/2014The foragers salad is soo fresh great delicious interesting greens. Must have . All food fresh and well prepared. Service a bit...stilted. They take themselves a bit too seriously here. Will return for lunchSpecial Features:
- Very good fresh foodcbouckDined on 7/19/2014Tasty "farm to table" fare- I had the farmer's salad and monk fish. Both were great. The service accommodates dairy free diets, too.Special Features:
- A pleasant surprise!ChrisGDined on 7/19/2014Would definately recommend. I feel like we found a gem not enough people speak about!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant; worth it for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014We had an excellent meal at Foragers City Table, ordering from a creative and diverse menu and with some very good specials and good vegetarian options, too. The drinks list was also very nice. The only real downside was that it was very loud, so be prepared to be as focused on your companions' conversation as on the food.Special Features:
- Great Bacon!LizzyDined on 7/13/2014Excellent food. I started my meal with a glass of fresh veggie juice called The Chelsea with cucumber, kale, celery, and parsley. It was room temperature which to me is harder to drink so I asked for a glass of ice. For my main course I enjoyed the Housemade Crepinette. The pork and potatoes were delicious. My friend ordered a side of the house made bacon and it was really good. We also shared a side of pancakes and that was my favorite dish. The pancakes were light and fluffy with a hint of orange. There were amazing!Special Features:
- Delicious and creativeUNplazagirlVIPDined on 7/12/2014The taste was memorable not only because of the sourcing but because of the creativity and talents if the chef. An interesting mix of convention and new trends . Bright fresh herbs. Delicious meat but great vegan and gluten-free choices and accommodations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFoodieFanDined on 7/3/2014Quiet in a rainy Thursday night before the 4th of July weekend. Seated immediately next to the huge windows for 7:30 reservation. Service and food excellent, fresh and creative. Deviled eggs to die for, fabulous eggplant dip. Sea bass succulent, but crab appetizer disappointing only because it was so minuscule. Desserts superior. Will definitely return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yessssCarolmariaVIPDined on 7/1/2014This place is a fantastic find! Flavorful, creative dishes and the pre fixe menu is reasonably priced! I will be back...Special Features: