Food Wine and Co.
7272 Wisconsin Ave.
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Food Wine and Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://foodwineandco.com/
- Phone: 3016528008x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thur: 11:30 am - 10 pm
Fri: 11 am - 11 pm
Sat: 4 pm - 11 pm
Sun: 5 pm - 9 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Banquet room up to 50 seats
A word from Food Wine and Co.
Food Wine and Co. is a unique neighborhood Bistro where creative comfort food is paired with an extensive global selection of wine & beer. Our menu showcases an evolution of familair dishes using the freshest ingredients & innovative techniques.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Food Wine and Co. - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Food Wine and Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
292 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (152)neighborhood gem (131)notable wine list (109)special occasion (90)vibrant bar scene (75)good for groups (64)great for lunch (52)romantic (47)hot spot (46)great for outdoor dining (27)late-night find (17)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014I recommend for dinner ! The price is good, the food very nice and the attendants even better . If you wanna go to the cinema, because it's beside the restaurant, then have a dinner it's a Good choice .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedGourmanVIPDined on 9/27/2014I had saw the outside signs of the restaurant as I had driven by. I had gone to this location when it was a pizza restaurant some years ago. We arrived a few minutes early. We were immediately seated. Our server came right away. We were welcomed and she asked for our drink order as well as lite food orders. We were offered water as well. We gave our orders. Everything arrived in a timely manner. We ordered Artic Char as our main entrée. My fish was prepared as I had ordered, my wife's was a little under-cooked. They immediately corrected the error. Overall a very good experience. We will probably dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveningCathyDined on 9/26/2014From the moment we walked in the restaurant to the end of the meal and the surprise birthday dessert - it was fantastic. The restaurant called me to ask about the birthday and the name, so we had birthday menus. The hostess was so welcoming, took out picture and we received a photo in a card for the birthday. I am taking all of special birthday friends there in the future. Then the food, it was wonderful every mouthful and really generous portions. We actually split the entree. Really fantastic evening!Special Features:
- Near Round House TheaterBillVIPDined on 9/25/2014Which is why we tried it. Our server understood that we had tix and moved our order along efficiently -- a steak salad, raw oysters, an interesting potato and cheese tots appetizer, a lovely colifluer (sp?) side dish -- those are what I recall. We were three people. Wine list was a bit pricey but there were lots of options. We shared a California Pinot noir. Decor was antiseptic but overall a very positive experience. We likely will do it again.Special Features:
- Good Food -- Too NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/24/2014Very loud. Fine for bar and group gatherngs, but not the right venue for quiet dining.Special Features:
- Good food. Great Service.JacksonDined on 9/23/2014The woman who served us did an outstanding job. In addition to a fine wine list, the restaurant has an extensive collection of beers, many of them on tap. The woman knew her beers and guided me to one that I particularly liked. At the end of the meal, she brought me a seasonal pumpkin beer to sample. Also the wait staff work very well together. I told the man busing our table that my wife would like another glass of wine and in just a few moments the woman working our table brought it.Special Features:
- Always good and reliableBethVIPDined on 9/20/2014I always get the 30 minute chicken and my husband get the mussels. We're creatures of habit. The burgers are good too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Everything about this experience was fabulous...the food, service and atmosphere were absolutely fantastic. We had high expectations and they were exceeded in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeding ExpectationsBearDined on 9/19/2014Not a fancy place, but nicer than many. Not a menu that pushes the envelope, but always a few dishes that are well thought out and better than expected. Efficient, friendly service. A wine list that is one of the best in challenging Montgomery County, and fairly priced, just like the food. All in, a very pleasant restaurant that continues to exceed expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but rather expensive,annipianniDined on 9/17/2014This was our first visit to Food Wine & Co. For our taste, the menu had far too much fish/seafood. The prices were high, and side dishes were extra on top of that. But without the sides the entrée portions were on the small side. They were well presented. The desserts were v. good, but limited choice. Our server was excellent. The wine list is huge - maybe much more so that is necessary.It's a very noisy environment because of the high ceilings and solid floors, so it was difficult to have a normal conversation with our friends. Not sure if we'd visit this restaurant on a regular basis - because of the prices it's more of a special occasion venue.Special Features:
- good placenateVIPDined on 9/17/2014One of the few places that has pork chops that aren't dry---as the waiter guaranteed me---and would take it back if it wasn't to my taste. All other food was also excellent as was the staff. Noise level was moderate because we were outside---noisy inside so I will not eat there in the winter.Special Features:
- Used2luvezeplaceVIPDined on 9/16/2014The truffle burger was outstanding. That didn't leave room for trying the charred octopus, which beckons.Special Features:
- Worth a detourDebuckleyDined on 9/13/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. Menu choices are good. The quality of the food is excellent. Service very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceDaveysMomVIPDined on 9/13/2014Nick was our server. We very much enjoyed having him wait on us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late diningPCakeDined on 9/12/2014Dark haired manager with goatie was very helpful in choosing draft beers to complement our dinner. (Amazing draft selections) The fluke entree special was to die for. Definitely will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdavidDined on 9/12/2014Main problem, food gussied up on plate to look "fancy," but not well made or tasty. For example, desserts are elaborate "deconstructions," (lemon here, meringue there, crust powdered and scattered all over), which is OK from a first class kitchen, but here seems pretentious, since the actual components taste bad. A beet salad was dull, made of one type of beet, not two or three, as at other nice restaurants. The tuna had lots of condiments scattered about, as if the chef abdicated control to each diner instead of coming up with a recipe. The staff are nice, but inefficient, the vibe very noisy, and the prices suited to a place with better food. I will not return unless I hear of real improvement.
- Perfect night outrcv20814VIPDined on 9/12/2014We came in with inlaws(very picky). They really enjoyed the experience. Marco took great care of us and helped them pick their entrees. The manager (with glasses cannot remember his name) really knows his wine and paired the perfect bottle of wine for 3 of us a Rhone and draft beer for my husband. Enjoyed breadpudding for dessert. Next time we will order 2 of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fooooodieDined on 9/6/2014This was my third visit to Food Wine & Co. It was a Saturday night, the energy and ambience were great, and as expected, the food was very good. My only surprise was how quickly everything came out. We were still enjoying our yummy arugula and beet salad when the entrees arrived and the servers simply pushed plates around on our small table for two to make room for the entrees. I wish we had been allowed to finish our salad and those plates cleared away first. In any case, overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/ not so great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Plates of diners were picked up before everyone was finished at the table we were rushed and getting our foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!ninaDined on 9/5/2014Everything about the dinner and restaurant were outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Food, Strange PaceShabotDined on 9/5/2014Good food, good service - although a little oddly paced. Came for dinner during happy hour, so the bar was packed and the restaurant was empty. There were a couple people ahead of us but no one to greet us or seat us. Hostess arrived after 5 or 6 minutes. We immediately received menus and ice water. A few minutes later, our server took our drink orders (but not our meal order). He returned with our drinks (but did not take our meal order). He later returned to tell us about the specials (but did not take our order). He then brought additional menus that describe the specials (but did not take our order). Finally, he came back to ask if we were ready to order (yes!) or if we needed a few more minutes (no!). Meal arrived promptly.
- romo30Dined on 9/5/2014Great lamb burger. Loved the Parmesan-rosemary chips. Very unique and tasty!
- Everything Done Right!speakeatsyDined on 9/5/2014Great greeting by hostess and wait staff, great service and great food! Everything you want in a dining experience. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Outrcv20814VIPDined on 9/4/2014Came to dinner with my wife and inlaws. Sat on the patio. Our server "tall man with crew cut" was excellent. Helped us pick out wines and beers with courses. Wife had dropped her napkin the Manager most have spotted it because he brought her a new one.Meal was extremely tasty and left very happy. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to its usual higher standardCarlosDined on 9/3/2014We go to Food and Wine frequently and have considered it to be a 5 star venue (at least for our taste). This time we felt let down. The food is still very good overall but a couple dishes were problematic. The ceviche, one of our favorites, was a little watery and the arctic char was off. On the other hand the mushroom soup and grilled calamari were excellent. Service was the big problem. We had to keep looking for our waiter. Prices tend to be on the higher side, so a let down in quality and service will be a problem for us.Special Features:
- BarryVIPDined on 9/3/2014very noisy even in "quiet" back room with next table with aqbout 10 people.Special Features:
- Casual dress but elegant dininglov2eatDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I had dinner for the first time at Food Wine and Co for the first time on Aug 30, 2014. What a treat. The decor was very inviting in the room where we were seated, with wine bottles floor to ceiling on one wall. We were extremely impressed with the wine and beer offerings, but the food menu was even more impressive. It is a rare restaurant in the DC area where one can find octupus, which was superbly prepared. The menu was very ecectic, the service was tremendous, and the food was superb. We had a wonderful time and will be back, for certain. We highly receommend this restaurant. If you go for dinner, please note that there is parking just south of the storefront.Special Features:
- FoodFreakVIPDined on 8/30/2014Just stopped in for a quick meal prior to the movies....what a great decision. Excellent appetizers - especially deviled eggs. Daily special was Rock Fish and it was devine. The dessert (bread pudding) was spectacular - worth the trip by itself. Special thanks to Nellie who not only provided great service but also was pleasant, engaging and knowledgable about the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okdhkjhgjaihVIPDined on 8/28/2014I ordered the special watermelon and pork belly appetizer, which was pretty good...could probably use more watermelon. They had some tater tots which were really tasty, mixed in with some gruyere cheese inside. For the dinner, I had the arctic char...it was really not good. Much too salty, and I'm capable of handling a lot of salt. I exchanged this for the red curry coconut mussels, which were better, but nothing really extraordinary. We also had the truffle burger which was ok. All in all, the food was ok, very hit or miss. nothing particularly special. I wouldn't avoid this place, but I wouldn't go out of my way to come here either. A few service faux pas as well, charging me for a cancelled dish, taking a while to get bread, etc.
- Beer and BurgerJudyDined on 8/26/2014This is my favorite "go to place" for a beer and burger night.....excellent beer selection, great burgers! I'll have to eventually try something else!Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience AgainGormandDined on 8/24/2014MD oysters on the half shell perfectly shucked, chilled w/lemon were excellcent. Entre of Mussels with three different preparation choices were excellent and the serving was large. Third trip to Food & Wine and will dine here again. Excellent Martini and wine selection with the only downside being the cost $$$$.Special Features:
- Just excellentLee41VIPDined on 8/23/2014It's very daring of the management to pick such a nondescript name -- hardly a 'brand' -- but the risk doesn't matter when the restaurant is not just well located but VERY, VERY GOOD. We had soup du jour, octopus fattoush, beet salad; filet, artic char, entree salad; three superb fruit desserts. The least 'mainstream' of them were wonderful, and the standard menu offerings made our conservative diner very happy. We'll be back, and we'll send friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Good as it wasSparkyVIPDined on 8/23/2014A few months ago we ate here and the food was quite good. Unfortunately, the current offering is fair at best. The menu lists "a wedge of lettuce" but instead, for $10, you a slice of lettuce (about 1/2" thick) of a head of lettuce. The special fih of the day was coho salmon which was nicely prepared but had very tough mushrooms(?) or chicken(?). It was uneatable and was left on the plates. the waiter took note of it when we advised him of it but took no action. The wine list has some interesting wines but what is served by the glass is poor quality cheap wine. One in particular retails for less than $10 a bottle and the restaurant sells a glass of it for $15!!. Apparently, Wine and Food Restaurant cares more about profit than good wine.
- Great FoodTinkDined on 8/23/2014Love their burgers but always crowded and noisy. Definitely have to make a reservation on any night. Will definitely be going backSpecial Features:
- Always good!chat3Dined on 8/23/2014I've eaten here many times and never been disappointed. Food is great and service is always friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyjDined on 8/21/2014Went on a Thursday night thinking it wouldn't be that busy- wrong! Make sure you have reservations, this place is extremely popular with the after work crowd. All tables and seats taken, even at the bar and wait time for a table was 45mins. Having said that the food was amazing! We ordered the truffle burger and the mussels. Both outstanding. Pork belly with watermelon came recommended by the very knowledgeable and helpful waiter and we weren't disappointed. Definitely worth a try! Also the chocolate bread pudding with cognac sauce alone is worth a trip back. Will definitely come here again! Great meal, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Mealrcv20814VIPDined on 8/17/2014Food Wine was excellent. Came with my brother.( big craft beer guy) He was very impressed with draft selection. Truffle burger was great as was Flat Iron Steak. Truffle Fries and Oysters were a great start. Great wine list for area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful DinnerPCakeDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful dining experience! The servers were courteous and efficient. The knowledgeable manager helped us choose the perfect wine. Will definitely return for another enjoyable dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKbaf1Dined on 8/16/2014Hace been before & had much better service & food. In fact, the hostess who didn't make eye contact or seem welcoming & too friendly, & our waiter, who was somewhat aloof & served our appetizers leaving my husband to sit w/out any food till entrees, left me cold. I try to be kind and compassionate, but these 2 definitely marred our dining experience. For the price? Don't need to go back. Food was OK.
- My goto date restaurantCraigDined on 8/16/2014If you are looking for a great experience with a delicious meal, excellent service, and a well paired wine and beer selection you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.