Food Wine and Co.
7272 Wisconsin Ave.
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Food Wine and Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://foodwineandco.com/
- Phone: 3016528008x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thur: 11:30 am - 10 pm
Fri: 11 am - 11 pm
Sat: 4 pm - 11 pm
Sun: 5 pm - 9 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Banquet room up to 50 seats
A word from Food Wine and Co.
Food Wine and Co. is a unique neighborhood Bistro where creative comfort food is paired with an extensive global selection of wine & beer. Our menu showcases an evolution of familair dishes using the freshest ingredients & innovative techniques.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Food Wine and Co. - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Food Wine and Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
287 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (156)neighborhood gem (137)notable wine list (100)special occasion (96)vibrant bar scene (71)good for groups (62)great for lunch (53)romantic (46)hot spot (42)great for outdoor dining (24)late-night find (19)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Beer and BurgerJudyDined on 8/26/2014This is my favorite "go to place" for a beer and burger night.....excellent beer selection, great burgers! I'll have to eventually try something else!Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience AgainGormandDined on 8/24/2014MD oysters on the half shell perfectly shucked, chilled w/lemon were excellcent. Entre of Mussels with three different preparation choices were excellent and the serving was large. Third trip to Food & Wine and will dine here again. Excellent Martini and wine selection with the only downside being the cost $$$$.Special Features:
- Just excellentLee41VIPDined on 8/23/2014It's very daring of the management to pick such a nondescript name -- hardly a 'brand' -- but the risk doesn't matter when the restaurant is not just well located but VERY, VERY GOOD. We had soup du jour, octopus fattoush, beet salad; filet, artic char, entree salad; three superb fruit desserts. The least 'mainstream' of them were wonderful, and the standard menu offerings made our conservative diner very happy. We'll be back, and we'll send friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Good as it wasSparkyVIPDined on 8/23/2014A few months ago we ate here and the food was quite good. Unfortunately, the current offering is fair at best. The menu lists "a wedge of lettuce" but instead, for $10, you a slice of lettuce (about 1/2" thick) of a head of lettuce. The special fih of the day was coho salmon which was nicely prepared but had very tough mushrooms(?) or chicken(?). It was uneatable and was left on the plates. the waiter took note of it when we advised him of it but took no action. The wine list has some interesting wines but what is served by the glass is poor quality cheap wine. One in particular retails for less than $10 a bottle and the restaurant sells a glass of it for $15!!. Apparently, Wine and Food Restaurant cares more about profit than good wine.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014Love their burgers but always crowded and noisy. Definitely have to make a reservation on any night. Will definitely be going backSpecial Features:
- Always good!chat3Dined on 8/23/2014I've eaten here many times and never been disappointed. Food is great and service is always friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyjDined on 8/21/2014Went on a Thursday night thinking it wouldn't be that busy- wrong! Make sure you have reservations, this place is extremely popular with the after work crowd. All tables and seats taken, even at the bar and wait time for a table was 45mins. Having said that the food was amazing! We ordered the truffle burger and the mussels. Both outstanding. Pork belly with watermelon came recommended by the very knowledgeable and helpful waiter and we weren't disappointed. Definitely worth a try! Also the chocolate bread pudding with cognac sauce alone is worth a trip back. Will definitely come here again! Great meal, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Mealrcv20814VIPDined on 8/17/2014Food Wine was excellent. Came with my brother.( big craft beer guy) He was very impressed with draft selection. Truffle burger was great as was Flat Iron Steak. Truffle Fries and Oysters were a great start. Great wine list for area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful DinnerPCakeDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful dining experience! The servers were courteous and efficient. The knowledgeable manager helped us choose the perfect wine. Will definitely return for another enjoyable dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKbaf1Dined on 8/16/2014Hace been before & had much better service & food. In fact, the hostess who didn't make eye contact or seem welcoming & too friendly, & our waiter, who was somewhat aloof & served our appetizers leaving my husband to sit w/out any food till entrees, left me cold. I try to be kind and compassionate, but these 2 definitely marred our dining experience. For the price? Don't need to go back. Food was OK.
- My goto date restaurantCraigDined on 8/16/2014If you are looking for a great experience with a delicious meal, excellent service, and a well paired wine and beer selection you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, a bit noisyHostingGuestsDined on 8/16/2014The linguine with clams was outstanding. Everything else was terrific, according to my guests. However, the table was a bit too wide which, along with the general background noise, made it difficult to hear the people directly across from me in our booth. So, A- for food, but only a C or C+ for conversation, since it was a bit challenging to have one. (Similar to my experience at a different table with a larger party a few months back.) Ambience rates a solid B: nothing special, but perfectly fine.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Great food and service. Always enjoy the experience here.Special Features:
- Food Wine & CoMortyZVIPDined on 8/10/2014Conviniently located next to the Bethesda Regal Theatre, we took our 28 year old granddaughter to the movie and then went to this fine restaurant. The prices are very reasonable and the food is excellent. We had a very efficient server who got everything right. We loved it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was amazing! Excellent service. Highly recommend. We will definitely be back. Too bad there is only one location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adnilDined on 8/9/2014We had great service and very good food. The corn chowder was especially good. Would recommend for a night out without kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SurpriseKDubsVIPDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant blew me away. The food was delicious. The service was great. If it wasn't so expensive, i'd eat there every day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprise in BethesdaSkitripper1VIPDined on 8/8/2014The food was outstanding and the service perfect. A pleasant surprise for dining in Bethesda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGingerDined on 8/8/2014We did not like the menu last time and we left. We decided to try again and four of us enjoyed our food very much( sorry, we aren't wine drinkers) --lots of bread, gazpacho for four, and 3 pork chops and one tuna. great service. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great business dinnerrcv20814VIPDined on 8/5/2014Came in w a couple of clients. We had a very knowledgeable server who help us plan meal. Started with draft beer from a great selection. Manager helped us pick out our wine that paired perfectly, Our entrees were all delicious. Everyone left happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastySuburbanFoodieDined on 8/4/2014The food was quite good with the exception of the lamb burger, which could use a little more seasonings/toppings. The presentation of the burger was boring compared to the pictures I saw of other burgers and it tasted like they just put some ground lamb meat between two buns. The appetizers were fantastic though and the bread pudding was delicious. The wide variety of beers was also refreshing. The restaurant atmosphere was very appealing and it made for a great dinner out with friends.Special Features:
- Dependable foodBobLVIPDined on 8/3/2014We arrive early, nearly empty. The atmosphere was nice, as usual. We made eye contact with our waiter a few times while he was talking to other waiters, but waited about 5 minutes to be recognized and have our drink orders taken. The service was fair until things got busy, when others had to fill in to get our check and credit cards. The food was very good. The specials were enticing but fairly expensive. We'll probably go back.Special Features:
- Bethala reviews Food & Co. BethesdaBethalaDined on 8/2/2014We were seated in the back room in which we had never been before, and found it quite roomy and comfortable. We loved the feel of being in a library, even though it was a library of wines. We enjoyed the food, including the entree salad with diver scallops and the spaghatini although we did find the portion sizes a bit on the small size. Some of the appetizer titles/descriptions were confusing- for example we confused the fries with the rosemary and thyme potato chips which were delicious. Anyway, we had a lovely meal before seeing a movie at Bethesda Row, although we did find the entree sizes a tad too small.Special Features:
- Delicious Dining for girls nite outCleopatraDined on 8/1/2014I went for dinner with friends on a Friday night. It had a good crowd but not overly so. The food and the service was really great. The food for the most part was great except the Artic char that needed a lot of seasoning. We tried at least 4 appetizers along with the entrees so we got a very good overall feel for the restaurant and the decor was also wonderful.Special Features:
- Good mix of nice dishescfoodieDined on 7/31/2014Other than wine being a bit more expensive, I find the dishes pretty nicely prepared and presented. It's on par with the finer Besthesda places. It's a bit noisy from the bar area. Server was excellent and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Night OutNightOutDined on 7/31/2014Oysters were great! Food, service and ambiance were perfect for date nightSpecial Features:
- Wonderful ExoerienceTomKVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had a delicious dinner here last week. Everything was excellent. Tuna tartar was fabulous, as was the beet salad and roasted chicken. Oysters were also superb! Out booth was comfortable and out server was personable and professional. He was knowledgable and made for an enhanced dining experience. I would definitely recommend Food & Wine as a "must go" to establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014The pan-roasted bluefish was superb! The room was a little noisy, though it was still early on a weeknight, but the ambiance and service were very pleasing. Food Wine and Co. is at the top of our list of restaurants in a city of good restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationPCakeDined on 7/30/2014All enjoyed feasting on fabulous food and very happy with our wine choices recommended by the knowledgeable manager. Always a treat to dine here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never let us down.lobosDined on 7/25/2014Its our fifth time dinning at Food Wine & Co, and every time we come back it gets better and better; try their new "summer" menu specially the octopus!!Special Features:
- Perfect DinnerPCakeDined on 7/24/2014Really enjoyed our experience! Our food was fabulous and the server was courteous. Finally, the manager helped us choose a terrific wine! We will keep returning to this wonderful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightrcv20814VIPDined on 7/23/2014We had a great meal. Wonderful service. Will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/20/2014Way too expensive for what you get. glass wine $13 beer $9, dozen oysters $38, lamb burger $16 etc. Food at Le Diplomate better and less expensive. Mon Ami also better food and value no need to return.
- not as good as previous timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The food was much better on previous visits. Their truffle burger which I had many times was over cooked and dry and the salmon burger was tasteless. I probably would not recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointingdirectorDined on 7/19/2014Having enjoyed our first dinner there, we were disappointed by dinner #2. We felt rushed by the service: appetizers came immediately and entrees were served before we finished the appetizers. We had to ask for bread. Felt the waiter was a bit pompous & condescending. And the back room is, well, the back room. The food was actually quite good, but the experience was not.
- Great date nightAngieBbVIPDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I decided a night out without the kids was long overdue so we decided to try food and wine co. We started out with the ceviche and raw oysters with stout beer, followed by truffle burger and fries and their roasted rockfish. It was delicious. We ended the meal with the milk chocolate creme brûlée and ink port. Our server gave us excellent suggestions. Only regret was we forgot to preorder the breadpudding which takes 30 mins to prepare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKRebeccaDined on 7/19/2014Good wine list and great beer menu. Food was only OK. Tomato bique and fried artichoke appetizers were delicious, but the entrees were only so-so. Lettuce on the scallop salad was wilty and didn't seem fresh. Burger was OK. Our server didn't review the specials with us, which was a shame since the Rockfish special sounded good (we overheard a different server share the specials at another table). Outdoor patio dining area was OK, but the ambiance inside seemed much better.Special Features:
- Bethesda DiningEatoutalotVIPDined on 7/18/2014Broad range of food choices to satisfy divergent tastes. Sophisticated preparations well presented, yet not over the top. Well priced wine list and excellent service. Would recommend highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014This restaurant offered a great selection. The black bean soup, truffle burger and grilled calamari are all dishes I look forward to when I come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first disapointmentIrnieVIPDined on 7/18/2014We have been to Food Wine and Company MANY times. This was the first time we were disappointed. Ambience and service were outstanding as usual (in the wine room). Pizza was over spiced and somewhat dried out. Serving of pasta with clams was relatively small but very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.