Food Inc. Trattoria & Wine Bar
2800 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Food Inc. Trattoria & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://foodincusa.com/
- Phone: 4159283728
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 9:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Global, International, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Food Inc. Trattoria & Wine Bar
At Food Inc. Trattoria & Wine Bar, you will enjoy a great European culinary experience. We are located in Pacific Heights, proudly serving San Franciscans for more than 20 years. We are committed to giving you friendly and courteous service and want your visit to be fun and relaxing. Enjoy carefully prepared dishes inspired by our favorite European cuisine, all made from the freshest ingredients. Whenever possible, we seek out organic, locally sourced food and wine. Whether savoring one of our signature culinary creations during lunch or dinner or a glass of wine and charcuterie in the afternoon, Food, Inc. is your home away from home! Food, Inc. will prepare items for takeout and love to cater private and business functions of all sizes and types.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Food Inc. Trattoria & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/27/2014This is a neighborhood restaurant similar to the ones we used to visit when we lived in Paris. The staff is a delight. The food is well-made and delicious.Special Features:
- The following 14 reviews are from the Food Inc. Trattoria & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Valentine's disappointmentvinelliDined on 2/14/2014We were attending a concert later at the nearby SFJCC. The reviews were positive. The restaurant is small - more like a deli with some tables - not at all romantic. My husband enjoyed his pasta dish but the moussaka I ordered was mediocre. The salad was good but the chocolate mousse was way too sweet. They have a small jazz band with a singer on Friday nights which would have been enjoyable but for the loud, obnoxious group at the next table who laughed and talked loudly though most of the performance. I asked them to tone it down for the singer but they looked away and continued to be loud. I thought the restaurant staff should have addressed them since it is a small room and everyone else was there for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner.
- A bit pricey for the foodBeaPVIPDined on 1/21/2014We ordered some sandwiches and they were good but nothing extraordinary as those are sandwiches we could have made at home. I believe warm dishes may be better. The sandwiches prices were a bit pricey to our taste. The service was bad though… the waitress was not happy because we asked for more water…seriously…? We already felt that she was not happy to be working there when we started ordering our food actually. The place is nice though as you feel being in Italy or France, very typical cafe from Roma or Paris. I heard that the ambiance is really fun on Friday night so will check that out one day but overall I think this place is just so-so.
- Had a very nice lunch at FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/9/2013Had a very nice lunch at Food Inc. I felt like I was in a cafe in Italy or France. The merguez sausage sandwich I had was the perfect size for a light meal. The baguette on which it was served was fresh and crunchy. The ham and cheese quiche I tasted was fluffy and delicious. If you're in the neighborhood and hungry, don't miss Food Inc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!SarahWDined on 10/18/2013I recently dined here with my mom and a friend, both of whom are well versed in Italian culture, food and language. We had an amazing time. Not only was our server, Jenny, the sweetest but the overall experience was an A+. It is a casual restaurant, but it could feel fancy if you wanted it to, it really seemed as though I could come back for a bday and feel celebratory as well! The food and wine were excellent and Jenny helped me find a dry Rose that was just to my liking. There was live music that wasn't too loud and was nice on a Friday evening. I've already recommended Food Inc. to all my friends. Ciao!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good musicSurfnsnowDined on 9/20/2013Food was great. The service was alright they were busy and forgot our silverware but made up for it with small complimentary dessert yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing and tasty foodTravelerVIPDined on 9/4/2013When first looking at the menu, it was difficulty to settle on just one thing, so we ordered 4 entrees for 3 people. We had assumed that the entrees would be quite small based on the price, however the portions were a very "normal" size and everything was super tasty! The combination of the walnut bread with the brie and apple made quite a delicious sandwich, which we treated as dessert. We also had the butternut squash ravioli in a light cream sauce and it was incredible. The salmon and cucumber sandwich was lovely as well. Finally the chicken pasta with sun-dried tomatoes was generous and delicious. We plan on coming back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value, neighborhood gem.QA4UVIPDined on 8/2/2013This is one of our favorite neighborhood spots for many reasons - all around good food/service/value, local entertainment. The moroccan chicken entree is to die for. For outdoor diners, this restaurant is on the sunny side of the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never had a bad meal in SFlook4foodserviceDined on 8/1/2013Below average bland food and unfriendly service was a first for me in SF. Restaurant was not busy at lunchtime. That should be a clue.
- Fun place but closes early!TheaterGoerDined on 5/17/2013We loved dining here. It was a cute place with live music on Friday evenings.However they closed down at 9 and literally gave us our check as we were finishing the main course, telling us 'we need to close the register'. Sweeping up around us hastened our exit! Other than that, I'd say go earlier and enjoy the vegatarian options as well as the cute atmosphere... just don't stay too late!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood placeDbass1979Dined on 5/3/2013We have been coming to Food Inc. for about nine years now. It is a great little restaurant for a casual dinner with family and friends. The food is plentiful and delicious. We have a few favorite dishes: Ravioli, Chez Food Inc Linguini, Eggplant Parmigiana , and the salad with blue cheese and pecans. Wines are decent, though not great, and a tad high on the price, but at least you can get a glass or bottle and not break the bank. I always take out-of-town guests there. And usually visit once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/29/2013Food Inc is consistently good. We love the half-price wine on Mondays. We will be back for the chocolate mousse which is fantastic.Special Features:
- Hidden GemFrenchiefortheNightVIPDined on 3/15/2013You wouldn't expect this little secret from the more sterile new construction building they are in, but inside is a cozy little restaurant with delicious food, nice atmosphere and great service. We enjoyed listening to the jazz duo and savoring our pasta. Prices are reasonable and we would go again.Special Features:
- Go early for Dinner on Friday NightChezfongfongVIPDined on 2/8/2013We made our reservation for 830pm not knowing that they close at 9pm. We felt very rushed to order and eat our dinner so we could leave as soon as they closed. We have been going to Food, Inc for years for lunch only. So we wanted to try dinner. The waiter asked my friend if we wanted take out not knowing that we had made the open table reservation. The Friday night Jazz was lovely to hear and made the ambiance quite pleasant. The penne pasta dish with pumpkin sauce was bland, but my eggplant parmagiana was tasty. We know to order our regular lunch meals which we always enjoy, nicoise salad and the Neo BLT. I like the place and know to go earlier in the evening to avoid the rush, rush, rush on a Friday night.Special Features:
- The moussaka was very good.LindaVIPDined on 1/8/2013The moussaka was very good. Friendly. If I lived closer, I would probably stop by a lot but parking is difficult in this area.Special Features: