Kalamazoo, MI 49007Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fooddance.net/
- Phone: 2693821888x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Robb Hammond
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering: Delivery or Pick up
We love sharing food. In today’s busy world, we know you don’t always have time to sit down with us and break bread. However, that doesn’t mean we aren’t there for you. Whether you’re planning a business meeting, luncheon, extravaganza or you just can’t bear to turn on the oven–available for delivery, pick up or an onsite party.
Honest-to-goodness, farm-fresh food ready for you whenever you need it
Deliveries-Let us bring it to you–our same farm-fresh goodness delivered to your home, office or secret lair.
- Private Party Facilities: We have 3 beautiful rooms that can be reserved individually or in combination, for 15-110 guests. Choices are almost endless. Whether you imagine a business breakfast or lunch, a festive cocktail party, a sit-down dinner or dessert & coffee bar, we have a menu selection you & your guests will love.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 2693821888
- Special Events: We offer many events throughout the year such as cooking classes, farm to fork dinners, beer & cheese tastings and more. Make reservations for these events @ fooddance.net
A word from Food Dance
We're very serious about food, but atmosphere is casual at Food Dance. We begin by sourcing the freshest ingredients from our family of farms. Starting with Norm's free range eggs in your omelet to J&S farm's fruit we preserve in-house for our cocktails, you will find great full flavored food on our menus. We work to build relationships with the farmers, ranchers, cheese makers and producers of fine food that share our same values.Continued
We look forward to giving you a great experience; celebrating, meeting or just enjoying one of our fabulous cocktails inspired by the seasons. Join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
We look forward to giving you a great experience; celebrating, meeting or just enjoying one of our fabulous cocktails inspired by the seasons. Join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Food Dance - Best Restaurants in Kalamazoo ›
Food Dance reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)special occasion (37)good for groups (31)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (15)romantic (14)hot spot (14)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- smikeDined on 10/23/2014uneven food quality. It seems the use high quality ingredients but their recipies are not that good. I had the fish stew, which had so much Chorizo that it covered any other flavor in the stew. They also overcooked the rib eye, however, they offered a free dessert to compensate
- First Visit to Food DanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I decided to try Food Dance for our anniversary dinner this year. What a great experience! The food was amazing, especially the ultimate mac and cheese. ;-) Our server was truly exceptional; a pleasant change from the usual customer service one gets any more. Unfortunately, the table next to us got continuously louder and more people kept joining them. The Food Dance staff immediately and graciously accommodated our request to change tables. Overall highly recommend! Great concept and execution. Amazing, locally-sourced food. Exceptional service.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceDRNODined on 10/6/2014I had the classic Mac & Cheese with chicken, always a consistent meal along with the field greens salad. Delicious!Special Features:
- Our favorite food restaurantcouvblossomDined on 10/4/2014The food is always outstanding!!! The service is likewise. The noise level can be a little more than I like and it's not what I would consider a romantic environment but my wife and I go there for the food. If your priority is the best food possible, then Food Dance is the place to go in Kalamazoo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kzoo favoriteKenny400mDined on 10/4/2014There are numerous places to eat in Kalamazoo, but if I am looking for a great tasting, lovely experience, Food Dance is forsure going to be at the top of my list. The serving sizes are huge so I always get left overs which makes money worth it for the quality. Sometimes at the nicer resturaunts I fear the quality vs quanitity ratio but at food dance I get both. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jlynnDined on 10/3/2014Did not know what to expect as our first time in Kalamazoo. Loved the local aspect of the food choice on the menu. It was also nice to see the vegatarian and gluten free menu choice. We really loved the food. It's presentation was great and the flavors were spot on. I will be returning to Food Dance on our next trip to Kalamazoo.Special Features:
- WOULD NOT RECOMMENDtlotusDined on 9/20/2014I would not recommend this restaurant to any of my friends. I myself will not be returning. The ambiance of the place is great, roomy, nicely decorated. However the price is ridiculous for the meals themselves. My food was horrible, it was no where close to an original pad thai from an asian restaurant. The service was THE WORST. It took over a half hour to bring 4 drinks to the table, and then she only brought 3 and told the 4th person they had to wait because they were out of something and had to go get it. The place was not full not even close to full so why it took that long I have NO idea. The gratuity was added on the bill, normally I would like this but too bad she made a decent tip for HORRIBLE SERVICE.Special Features:
- Great MealTeepeeDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I went with close friends to celebrate his birthday. Our waiter, Nate, made the whole evening enjoyable. The food as usual was excellent and the quality outstanding. We really enjoyed the Curry-Dusted Popcorn Chickpeas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- refreshing atmospherebiscuitsngravyDined on 9/12/2014With such a unique theme and one of a kind menu we expected a bit of stuffiness from the staff, but were struck by the down home warmness from the knowledgeable staff that matched the great ambiance in the dining area. We'll be back for those farm fresh dishes that were creatively elevated into a truly delicious dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Dance - music to my tastebudsawag126Dined on 9/6/2014This was our second visit to Food Dance. The first time was last Spring and we had a steak special and the salmon - both fantastic. This time we branched out a little more. We started with the feta and the mussels for appetizers. They were delicious. Next we had the Square Dance side salad, which was probably one of the best salads we've ever had. For our entrees, my husband had the strip steak and I had the crab cakes. We ended our meal with the creme brulee. Throughout our meal, the service was great. The total experience was outstanding. I'd much rather drive a little further (5-10 minutes) to have dinner here in Kalamazoo vs. our usual spots over in South Bend/Mishawaka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backFoodiesDined on 9/4/2014Great food and great service. Loved the stuffed poblano and the peach salad with goat cheeseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally Amazing Food!WorldTravelerDined on 8/30/2014This is the most amazing restaurant we've been to since we've been in MI! Everything was delicious and exceeded our expectations. We will most certainly return for more delightful items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Restaurant in TownzurgeDined on 8/22/2014Good food, and great service. Not a cheap place to eat, but they strive for local and organically grown foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable, but missed old menuJeanLDined on 8/13/2014I definitely enjoyed my meal at Food Dance, but have to admit that I missed some of the items off the old menu. I actually had trouble finding something I really wanted this time. In the end, I had the fish and salad. Both were good.Special Features:
- Great Food and drinksFoodtasticDined on 8/13/2014We were our annual trip to Michigan, staying in South Haven and met friends for lunch at Food Dance. The food was spectacular. We had a drink with sorbet that was to die for. It was group of eight. We were seated immediately and the service and staff were excellent! Wo.uld highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Consistent quality food and serviceChicagophileVIPDined on 8/11/2014Food Dance never disappoints. One of a few Kalamazoo restaurants that serves consistently good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food DanceKZOOdudeDined on 8/11/2014wait staff and bar staff were outstanding! Very friendly, knowledgable and helpful. Good place for group dinners; I like that they use local and organic food / ingredientsSpecial Features:
- Food Dance lost promiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014Food Dance started out with innovative ideas but has succumbed to a mediocre menu with accompanying french fries. I would like some vegetarian choices. And, I think the writer of the menu needs to rethink food descriptions. One could look at the whole menu and not be enticed by any item; it all sounds plain and pedestrian. Little vibe, little food of interest, little creativity. P.S. it is hard to respond to your rating system for how would one recommend the restaurant. it is not "great", nor a "hot spot", nor a "find'. It gets customers because it resides in a city with a vacuum of interesting places to eat and no fine dining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- mylovrDined on 8/9/2014Great food..great experience! I would highly recommend this to any.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What took us so long?NicbelDined on 8/8/2014My friends and I kept hearing about Food Dance but for whatever reason never made it. So glad we did! Food and staff were amazing! I highly recommend the fondue and charcuterie plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We have never been disappointed with food selections. Always as beautiful as delicious. Service was outstanding...not only your typical food recommendations but hints on warming our leftovers. We were accommodated with our table request. Our out-of-staters, from Madison,WI, were very impressed. They even found some of their farmers' market selections in the store...Potters crackers and a cheese or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsProfhalDined on 8/2/2014Food Dance never disappoints in terms of excellent food, excellent presentation of food, and service. They also have outstanding desserts. Whether breakfast, lunch, or dinner, it is a gem in this community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overboard123456dsDined on 7/25/2014Food Dance was a favorite spot for my wife and I for many years. Recently we decided to celebrate a birthday dinner here. The ambience was energetic and inviting. The service was exceptional and catering to every need. Grammie even had a birthday card from the staff waiting for yer when we're seated. Things started to go South however as we started to flip through the menu. The prices were mind boggling compared to recent visits. Granite, they use all fresh and local ingredients but this does not justify the cost....unless the prepared meals are exceptional. The cooks are going WAY over board trying to add flavor. Example. Black and Bleu burger with Honey Bunn was actually nauseating to eat. One example from 6 bad meals of 9 at our table.
- Love it!isayuhDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I went to Food Dance for her birthday. We had such a great time. From walking in the door to walking out of the door, we were treated wonderfully and enjoyed every aspect of Food Dance. Warning: there is no dancing at Food Dance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another exceptional meal!StylishTotDined on 7/18/2014Food Dace never disappoints. This is one of our favorite places to eat in the area and the food is always delicious and the staff is outstanding. The specials are amazing and they use the freshest local ingredients to prepare them. Our food was great (the fondue is amazing) and my cocktail was artfully prepared and very good. We love the market also. So convenient to grab something tasty on your way out for friends, family or as a treat for yourself! Keep it up Food Dance, we will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Dance DinnerFDDDDined on 7/10/2014Salmon entree, coffee, wine, desert were excellent. Service excellent. Would prefer to have had more choices for vegetarian options. That is my only criticism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old friends get-togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014As a group of six old friends we were taken care of royally! We were given time to converse without interrupting until we were ready to order. The food was excellent! The wait staff wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Food was great, service was also great. Healthy food, free range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCityGirl79Dined on 7/3/2014My husband and I went here based on recommendations from the B&B we were staying at and locals we met while we were in Michigan for our Honeymoon. We walked in and were very impressed by the meat selection displayed in the meat counter. When we checked in with the Hostess she was texting and had asked another young man to seat us. Our waitress was not overly friendly. It took her a bit to come to our table and get our drink order and then assumed we would order immediately. We asked about the steak we saw up front and she told us "we don't cook that here." Our food was brought out without regards to our request and we did not see our waitress again until she brought out of bill.
- Good dining experiencegunlakerDined on 7/2/2014My son lived in Kalamazoo and recommended this restaurant to us. The dining experience was very enjoyable. Food was good. Service was good. Easy to find. Ample parking. Quiet enough to be able to talk and carry on a conversation with one another. Overall good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 400 reviews are from the Food Dance reviews archive.
- Amazing restaurant!SueNotFromKZooDined on 6/20/2014I have eaten here only twice because we are not from Michigan. When we visit our son and daughter-in-law we come here for a special treat. The food here is fantastic, for all courses. We save it for special occasions because it can be pricey but is definitely worth it. I can't say enough great things about this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kzoofamily1Dined on 6/15/2014Good food, good ambience. Definitely a gem. Downtown kalamazoo. Great food and amazing beersSpecial Features:
- Great experienceAdrienneDined on 5/30/2014I have been to Food Dance a handful of times over the last four years, and it is always a great dining experience. I have been there for work functions, with friends and family, and on dates, and I leave satisfied every time. The sesame ginger salmon is my favorite entree, and when preceded by the square dance salad, I am one happy person (though one overstuffed person). During my most recent visit to Food Dance, I tried a customized meat and cheese board before my entree instead of the square dance salad, and felt this was a nice change.Special Features:
- friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2014We had a family gathering here. The server was great and the food was pretty good although I have had better lamb. It was a little on the resilient side.Special Features:
- We love Food DanceKongCoDined on 5/22/2014Food dance has a warm welcoming atmosphere and Since I made a reservation for my wife's birthday they were even thoughtful enough to put a birthday card on the table signed by the staff. Great people great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still going stronghappymedievalistDined on 5/9/2014I've visited this place every few years for as long as it's been open (including in its former location). It just gets better and better. Spring is late this year so there was not the usual flood of asparagus-themed dishes, but I had terrific broiled salmon, and my companions were happy with the Mac and Cheese (with chicken) and the pork loin. Service was just a little bit too intrusive at first but it mellowed out once we got our food; the place was packed but everything came promptly. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceGeorgeDined on 5/7/2014I frequently eat out do to traveling for work. This is one of the best restaurant I have eaten at in a long time. The menu had many unique selections. My meal and the service was great. Could not ask for a better experience.Special Features:
- Took out of town guestsGingerFoodieDined on 5/3/2014The service was really great only to be topped by the fantastic food. All 4 of us were thoroughly pleased with the taste. It was a prom night, but that did not impede the kitchen or our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mantastic!brownbearDined on 5/3/2014This place is off the charts, I just loved it, and so did my date.Special Features:
- FooddanceCay99Dined on 5/3/2014I've been to food dance several times and would really recommend it. I absolutely love it. I also love the market next to it with the desserts and all. My girlfriend is very picky and she still can find food she likes there. I just love everything about it. Especially that their food is all local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.