4969 Roswell Rd
Atlanta, GA 30342Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://food101atl.com/
- Phone: (404) 497-9700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm- 10:00pm; Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Justin Keith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Food 101
Serving hearty food with rural roots & an urban polish, Food 101 caters to those seeking a dining experience reminiscent of days gone by. Created by talented chef Justin Keith, the menu features proven classics with an inventive twist. This neighborhood Atlanta eatery exudes comfort not only through its food, but also through its relaxed atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Food 101 reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (56)great for lunch (33)good for groups (32)special occasion (26)vibrant bar scene (20)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (18)great for outdoor dining (17)great for brunch (16)romantic (12)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)Show More
- Good food great location...trwilliamsVIPDined on 11/23/2014Food was great, location was great, service was good. I like that our group was in a room by ourselves and we had a great time... We will come again,!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantLanceDined on 11/21/2014Been here a dozen times now as it has become our go to restaurant. Never has a single dish that wasn't delicious and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Our group lunch was handled beautifully. We were actually seated in a separate room, which was much quieter than the large restaurant and made visiting much easier. The food was excellent, and the service superb. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 101OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014Uses opentable to book a table. got there a few minutes early but they had our table ready so we were sat immediately. Great brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014The music was way too loud for an enjoyable experience. Also, My guest and I were disappointed with our omelets which were bland.Special Features:
- Did not disappointnativeatlantagirlDined on 11/15/2014This was my first time going to Food 101 although I knew about it for years. We went for a birthday celebration with seven people. There was no wait to be seated and the waitstaff was very friendly. The menu was one page and the items all were "normal" but each one was prepared with a unique twist. It was that unique twist that was so great. It was like experiencing good food you know for the first time. Everything was wonderful! Did not try dessert because we had so many other courses we were all full. We will go back and make it a "place to go to".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome flavor combosNicolleDined on 11/14/2014The food here was amazing! The flavor combinations they put together are unique and compliment each other perfectly! The kitchen had an issue with our wild mushroom truffle so it took a little time coming out however management came right over to apologize and comped the dish. We had no intention of complaining but appreciated the proactive service. It made an impression of how much they value their customers. Also, the dish was totally worth the wait! It was the best thing we ate! Finally, as one of my personal issues is an empty water glass I want to note that our water glasses remained fulled the entire evening. I did not have to ask once which is rare and wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2014My children and I enjoyed celebrating a birthday in the family. The food was good and hearty. The service was excellent and we felt very welcome. I mentioned the birthday to our server, and he brought my daughter a "cake" with a candle in it for dessert. Very sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunchletsgooutDined on 10/31/2014appreciate imagination on menu - scallop salad was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Great atmospheredinerwithkidsDined on 10/26/2014Nice vibe. Great love entertainment. Great menu. Ok food. Could improve the kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2014Both the food and the service were outstanding. We were happy to find that most Sundays are half price wine nights for their tier 1 and tier 2 wines! I especially loved the brussel sprouts - but everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening outNewsDined on 10/5/2014Food was pretty good, but would have been better if less salt was used. We had Ahi Tuna with kale and Meatloaf with mashed potatoes. We also had salad and french onion soup, which was fantastic!! Chef should have more confidence in his cooking so he doesn't feel like he has to over salt. He is really good. Presentation was good. Wait staff was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love.EVT1213Dined on 9/26/2014Love the food options. I want to go back and try other things. A little pricey. Meal for 2 was $56 with a beer and a cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatScottyDined on 9/24/2014Food 101 is the best for most occasions. The staff has super low turnover so you can get the same server if you choose. Great place for families with several generation thus all types of tastes are covered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyPalateVIPDined on 9/22/2014Pleasantly impressed with this little spot. We ate at the bar since they were having computer issues and were closing early. Had the 'forever smoked then flash fried' chicken wing - the meat fell off the bones, EXCELLENT; not under-cooked like fried or dry like oven roasted. It was only surpassed by the Chicken/Waffles which was seasoned and cooked perfectly with the right amount of heat and sweet to fully satisfy though the portion looks small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply delicious!IHeartFoodVIPDined on 9/22/2014My first visit to Food 101. Overall experience A+++ Food delicious, service outstanding, décor fabulous. I will return soon!Special Features:
- Great lunch location!Foodie4FoodVIPDined on 9/12/2014I've dined at Food 101 many times and always find it consistently good and a great place for a business lunch or dinner, or for a personal special occassion.Special Features:
- Tight BoothsjohnkjohnkDined on 9/7/2014Food 101 was just fine, nothing exceptional or unusual. The unpleasant situation we had is when we were seated in one of the booths and it was such a tight fit that two of us could barely breathe. The designer who created the space did not count for more mature persons without the model figures. Had to ask waitress to be moved to a table for more comfortable seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceGoodFoodLoverVIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent service, good food. I ordered the "PULLED PORK BBQ SKILLET", which as the menu describes to be: Bell Peppers, Onion, Hominy, Hash Browns, Gouda Cheese, Fried Egg … $14. I recall no hominy and almost all hashbrowns in the skillet, but the pulled pork that was present had a great flavor. Very little gouda cheese. Water glasses were always kept full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously underrated!DalmatianDadVIPDined on 9/5/2014Every time we dine at Food 101, we say we should come here more often, and we will. We started with an asparagus tart and Italian kale salad and a very reasonably priced pinot noir. Great idea to group the wines by price. Entrees were duck and ahi tuna, both very nicely complemented with the sides. Although we were more than satisfied, couldn't resist the offer of dessert and picked the rhubarb strawberry pie. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- fantastic restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We loved Food 101 and will definitely be back. The music was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningAtlanta01VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great dining experience. Very good food. I wish the servers were a little more engaging, but the food compensates for that. Try it, you wont be disappointed.Special Features:
- lunch, brunch, dinner are all gratLynneVIPDined on 8/21/2014Interesting menu at reasonable prices. The back room is quiet enough for conversation but the main room is usually noisy ("atmospheric" if you are young!)Special Features:
- Fantastic foodNycscorDined on 8/17/2014Great food both for lunch and Sunday brunch. Would love to see a buffet on Sunday though.Special Features:
- Good as alwaysDine30319Dined on 8/11/2014Food 101 provides a very extensive lunch menu which is much above the average lunch spot in the area. Food is well presented and wait staff is attentive. Restaurant also has a nice outdoor dining section. The smoked trout salad was good and my dinner partner's Cuban was also very nice.Special Features:
- Fantastic spot for group dinnerJmixhDined on 8/5/2014My office team had a great experience dining at Food 101. We had a group of 19 and the table was ready when we arrived. Our server, Emma introduced herself when I arrived. Our experience kicked off at the bar with great service and good drinks. Our table was in the back private room. We ordered off the menu and everything arrived promptly. We all really loved our food and many commented that they would come back. I only noted that the noise level was energetic because my team wa a bit loud. Unlike other restaurants, Food 101 was not stuffy about not sitting the tabe until everyone arrived. Try the pimento cheese, meatloaf, fried green tomatoes, bucatini pasta or fried chicken.Special Features:
- Very good experiencewhere2nextDined on 8/5/2014My sister and I celebrated her birthday at Food 101 this week. The atmosphere was great. Loved the outdoor patio. I ordered the crab cakes (they were a little on the "strong-fishy" side). My sister ordered the hamburger and said her hamburger was done to perfection. A unexpected surprise was when we ordered dessert and found out it was on the house! Our waitress was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold food and slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We waited over 45 minutes for our food to come out cold. The waitress took the food back, but you could tell some of it was just microwaved and then brought back out. We were there for brunch at 11am on Sunday and it wasn't busy so I didn't really understand the mistake. We were given a 50% discount, but the manager never took the time to stop by and apologize. The waitress said that he would, but he never showed. The discount was nice, but honestly the food wasn't even worth what we paid for it after it was applied. The staff seemed confused as to what was even going on. I don't think I'll be back.
- Great foodAlyssaCVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was great! Service could have been better though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 909 reviews are from the Food 101 reviews archive.
- Excellent dinnerDeliciousVIPDined on 7/28/2014Recently I celebrated a birthday lunch and then a mother daughter dinner for four at Food 101. It was wonderful. The food is fresh and bought from all local vendors. The salmon and scallops were delicious. I highly recommend the romaine lettuce salad as its cooked on the grill and topped in croutons and cheese. The sliders and fries side dish was plentiful as a meal. Great new find for me and I'm going back.Special Features:
- A Lovely ExperiencefrancedarlingDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I needed to get away. We wanted a great dining experience and a quiet, romantic table for two so we could enjoy each other. The food was excellent, the wait staff attentive, the atmosphere most enjoyable.Special Features:
- Always delivers -mlsorrelVIPDined on 7/21/2014Food 101 has been a great spot for good food, wine and a bar for years. Always a great experience.Special Features:
- Expected more...SSFoodieDined on 7/15/2014Was not busy on a week night...just 3 tables with customers at 7:00PM. We had attentive, professional service and food was delivered quickly. None of our party commented on the food while eating it or after...nothing impressive or inventive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2014Very pleasant evening. Food was very good, as was the service. The waiter was attentive but not overbearing. I'll definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Of Of The Best DIning Experiences!Bugattiboi88VIPDined on 7/6/2014After making some last minute plans I stumbled accross a 1,000 pt dinner reservation time! I went ahead and scheduled it and upon arrival I was greeted promptly, checked in and seated! Already off to a great start! The waiter we had was very professional and helpful with choosing items on the food menu! The fried chicken skin and pickled oysters for an appetizer were both delicious! For the entree's we had the Brisket Burrito ($19) and Buttermilk Fried Chicken ($17) If I remember correctly! Burrito was good but i'm not sure if it was $19 good.. Sherry whom I believe was the manager provided the best customer service ever! Kudos to Food 101 for making a memorable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dinner - YumOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/3/2014Had an early dinner here the night before July 4th and had a great server. Food was yummy, tried a few starters and finished with the clam pasta.
- Must have changed Chefs!BillVIPDined on 6/29/2014Have loved this place for years but they may have changed chefs because the food wasn't as good as it use to be. We were totally disappointed... but the chef may have had a bad day. Still will go back and try it again.
- Food 101 Is Consistently GoodwannabefoodieDined on 6/21/2014If you are looking for a delicious meal and neighborhood atmosphere, I recommend Food 101. Not only is the food fresh, the menu changes to keep it interesting. I brought a friend recently and she's particular, but LOVED the meal. Delicious!Special Features:
- a great neighborhood upscale eateryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/18/2014I have been eating at Food 101 since it opened. It is a great place to eat any meal, not so casual but a nice restaurant that has an upscale ambiance. Great for business and dining either lunch or dinner. They are great about changing the menu seasonally and j.d. is a gem when it comes to wine tasting and pairing. Sometimes we just go to the bar and have a wine tasting with an education from JD and a few appetizers. We are lucky to have such a neat place in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique, delicious, & comfortableToddyDined on 6/16/2014A unique twist on southern cuisine! My entire family loved Food 101. The small plates of pimento cheese, fried green tomatoes with goat cheese, bacon wrapped dates, and the roasted oysters were all amazing. I had the short rib special in peach BBQ sauce and loved it. Food 101 topped off our evening with a large slice of salted chocolate cake for my birthday- yummy! I am already looking forward to my next meal at Food 101!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.