4969 Roswell Rd
Atlanta, GA 30342Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://food101atlanta.com/
- Phone: 4044979700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm- 10:00pm; Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Justin Keith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Food 101
Serving hearty food with rural roots & an urban polish, Food 101 caters to those seeking a dining experience reminiscent of days gone by. Created by talented chef Justin Keith, the menu features proven classics with an inventive twist. This neighborhood Atlanta eatery exudes comfort not only through its food, but also through its relaxed atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Food 101 reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (48)great for lunch (37)good for groups (32)special occasion (32)great for brunch (31)great for outdoor dining (24)romantic (20)kid-friendly (20)vibrant bar scene (17)notable wine list (13)hot spot (9)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- lunch, brunch, dinner are all gratLynneVIPDined on 8/21/2014Interesting menu at reasonable prices. The back room is quiet enough for conversation but the main room is usually noisy ("atmospheric" if you are young!)Special Features:
- Fantastic foodNycscorDined on 8/17/2014Great food both for lunch and Sunday brunch. Would love to see a buffet on Sunday though.Special Features:
- Good as alwaysDine30319Dined on 8/11/2014Food 101 provides a very extensive lunch menu which is much above the average lunch spot in the area. Food is well presented and wait staff is attentive. Restaurant also has a nice outdoor dining section. The smoked trout salad was good and my dinner partner's Cuban was also very nice.Special Features:
- Fantastic spot for group dinnerJmixhDined on 8/5/2014My office team had a great experience dining at Food 101. We had a group of 19 and the table was ready when we arrived. Our server, Emma introduced herself when I arrived. Our experience kicked off at the bar with great service and good drinks. Our table was in the back private room. We ordered off the menu and everything arrived promptly. We all really loved our food and many commented that they would come back. I only noted that the noise level was energetic because my team wa a bit loud. Unlike other restaurants, Food 101 was not stuffy about not sitting the tabe until everyone arrived. Try the pimento cheese, meatloaf, fried green tomatoes, bucatini pasta or fried chicken.Special Features:
- Very good experiencewhere2nextDined on 8/5/2014My sister and I celebrated her birthday at Food 101 this week. The atmosphere was great. Loved the outdoor patio. I ordered the crab cakes (they were a little on the "strong-fishy" side). My sister ordered the hamburger and said her hamburger was done to perfection. A unexpected surprise was when we ordered dessert and found out it was on the house! Our waitress was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold food and slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We waited over 45 minutes for our food to come out cold. The waitress took the food back, but you could tell some of it was just microwaved and then brought back out. We were there for brunch at 11am on Sunday and it wasn't busy so I didn't really understand the mistake. We were given a 50% discount, but the manager never took the time to stop by and apologize. The waitress said that he would, but he never showed. The discount was nice, but honestly the food wasn't even worth what we paid for it after it was applied. The staff seemed confused as to what was even going on. I don't think I'll be back.
- Great foodAlyssaCVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was great! Service could have been better though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerDeliciousVIPDined on 7/28/2014Recently I celebrated a birthday lunch and then a mother daughter dinner for four at Food 101. It was wonderful. The food is fresh and bought from all local vendors. The salmon and scallops were delicious. I highly recommend the romaine lettuce salad as its cooked on the grill and topped in croutons and cheese. The sliders and fries side dish was plentiful as a meal. Great new find for me and I'm going back.Special Features:
- A Lovely ExperiencefrancedarlingDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I needed to get away. We wanted a great dining experience and a quiet, romantic table for two so we could enjoy each other. The food was excellent, the wait staff attentive, the atmosphere most enjoyable.Special Features:
- Always delivers -mlsorrelVIPDined on 7/21/2014Food 101 has been a great spot for good food, wine and a bar for years. Always a great experience.Special Features:
- Expected more...SSFoodieDined on 7/15/2014Was not busy on a week night...just 3 tables with customers at 7:00PM. We had attentive, professional service and food was delivered quickly. None of our party commented on the food while eating it or after...nothing impressive or inventive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2014Very pleasant evening. Food was very good, as was the service. The waiter was attentive but not overbearing. I'll definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Of Of The Best DIning Experiences!Bugattiboi88VIPDined on 7/6/2014After making some last minute plans I stumbled accross a 1,000 pt dinner reservation time! I went ahead and scheduled it and upon arrival I was greeted promptly, checked in and seated! Already off to a great start! The waiter we had was very professional and helpful with choosing items on the food menu! The fried chicken skin and pickled oysters for an appetizer were both delicious! For the entree's we had the Brisket Burrito ($19) and Buttermilk Fried Chicken ($17) If I remember correctly! Burrito was good but i'm not sure if it was $19 good.. Sherry whom I believe was the manager provided the best customer service ever! Kudos to Food 101 for making a memorable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dinner - YumOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/3/2014Had an early dinner here the night before July 4th and had a great server. Food was yummy, tried a few starters and finished with the clam pasta.
- Must have changed Chefs!BillVIPDined on 6/29/2014Have loved this place for years but they may have changed chefs because the food wasn't as good as it use to be. We were totally disappointed... but the chef may have had a bad day. Still will go back and try it again.
- Food 101 Is Consistently GoodwannabefoodieDined on 6/21/2014If you are looking for a delicious meal and neighborhood atmosphere, I recommend Food 101. Not only is the food fresh, the menu changes to keep it interesting. I brought a friend recently and she's particular, but LOVED the meal. Delicious!Special Features:
- a great neighborhood upscale eateryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/18/2014I have been eating at Food 101 since it opened. It is a great place to eat any meal, not so casual but a nice restaurant that has an upscale ambiance. Great for business and dining either lunch or dinner. They are great about changing the menu seasonally and j.d. is a gem when it comes to wine tasting and pairing. Sometimes we just go to the bar and have a wine tasting with an education from JD and a few appetizers. We are lucky to have such a neat place in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique, delicious, & comfortableToddyDined on 6/16/2014A unique twist on southern cuisine! My entire family loved Food 101. The small plates of pimento cheese, fried green tomatoes with goat cheese, bacon wrapped dates, and the roasted oysters were all amazing. I had the short rib special in peach BBQ sauce and loved it. Food 101 topped off our evening with a large slice of salted chocolate cake for my birthday- yummy! I am already looking forward to my next meal at Food 101!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always niceSkyeDined on 6/15/2014It's hard to provide a perfect meal out but this place gets pretty close. The food tastes good and the service was very good...with a smile!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014The decoration was adorable. I tried to love the food, but it was just subpar. We went for brunch, and the entrees ordered lacked flavor. I felt cheated at the end of the meal when our bill was over $70, for food I could make at my house. Maybe I will go back, but not for brunch.
- First time, definitely not the lastJimmyVIPDined on 6/13/2014Last minute change in plans found us @ Food 101 for dinner on Friday nite. We lucked out. Having recently gone on the organic bandwagon my wife and I were extremely pleased with Food 101's creative spin on some great classics. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the brisket burrito with mole and jalapeño slaw. I had the duck over duck fried rice which was artfully presented and out of this world. The menu is jammed with other eclectic choices that will draw us back for more. Although not drinking on this visit the bar menu appears to be a huge draw. Our server was very attentive and the decor and lighting added to an enjoyable meal. Looking forward to our next visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodParkLODined on 6/11/2014Food 101 is indeed a neighborhood gem: consistently good food, great service, enjoyable ambience.Special Features:
- A great experienceCaptZotDined on 6/6/2014I have eaten at Food 101 several times. This particular dining experience confirmed that even though it is a 20 minute drive this "neighborhood restaurant" was worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service and out of menu itemsFreightdawgDined on 6/6/2014We went with 4 colleagues for lunch and the place wasn't crowded. Nice atmosphere and nice people, but it took almost an hour to get our food. We ordered a sandwich and 3 salads so the order wasn't complicated. A few items were also not available including salmon and tuna. Waitress was only mildly attentive. Fastest service was when we asked for the check. Others in our party have had good experiences at dinner at food 101, but this lunch experience was just Ok.Special Features:
- Great dinner!JeremyDined on 6/1/2014Enjoyed the food, the wine and the service was very good.Special Features:
- What happened to 101?fsi4122Dined on 6/1/2014One of our guests requested "smoked chicken" in her omelet be replaced with unsmoked/grilled chicken. Did not happen. She got smoked. Other diner requested no melon in her side of fruit. We were charged $1 extra for that. Really? Charged for less of something? Three of 5 diners ordered breakfast (brunch) omelets. None were served with any bread/toast/muffin...nothing. For double-digit prices there was nothing special. We were entertaining local and out-of-town guests who all remember Food 101 as a pleasant white-tablecloth experience. We got the prices of a higher end restaurant but not the satisfaction. So disappointed. Won't be back.
- Excellent foodSeefoodmama1Dined on 5/18/2014Have been to food 101 off and on For years. Always found it just ok. Recently went for brunch though And our food was really, really good. Best brunch food I've had in a long time. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time's a charm!GoodEatsDined on 5/16/2014This has made my third dining experience with Food 101. They are consistently good in food and service. Some menu items changed from my last visit, I guess in keeping with the spring-summer season. It just caught me by surprise. I enjoyed the fried green tomatoes as an appetizer for sharing, but I wasn't a fan of the fried chicken skins. My friends liked them, though. The scallops in a cornbread sauce with collards were like comfort food. Now that I think of it, changes in the menu keeps things interesting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014The food was very good, although I wouldn't go out of my way to tell someone to go there.
- Crowd pleaserOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Food 101 is always a crowd pleaser. Everyone in our group thoroughly enjoyed their dinner and dessert ranging from children to grandparents. Service was perfection and the restaurant is always clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchTwoStrikesDined on 5/11/2014Great place to take mother...the only problem was it was VERY loud. Food was great. Our server Tricia was cute and personable.Special Features:
- Food was GREAT!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Food was great!!! Definitely will be returning and recommending to friends and familySpecial Features:
- Yummy food, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014The food was wonderful. Unfortunately the service was lacking. It was Mother's Day, so I'm sure that made things more hectic. You could see the stress on everyone's face from the hostess to the servers. We dined outside which was nice and quiet, but perhaps left us to be forgotten at times. Our server was actually very nice when we saw her.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mothers' Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed Food 101 for a Mother's Day brunch. Nice twist on some traditional, Southern favorites. Atmosphere is unique, though a bit cramped. It did not affect our conversation but I woudln't recommend it for a date or anything you'd be looking for an intimate conversation. Great food and a good menu. Price was right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceLexus2VIPDined on 5/10/2014We have had mediocre experiences here, in the past. This dinner was a definite improvement, in food and especially service. Good to have them back on track!!!Special Features:
- My Dad's 80th BirthdayBATMANDined on 5/10/2014No specials today the the menu had some not-so-great updates. My first visit was outstanding...this visit was moderate. We are in no hurry to return...too bad!Special Features:
- Great nightTaraTVIPDined on 5/9/2014We went to Food 101 with friends. The decor and ambience are inviting and warm. The main dining room was a little noisy so we were glad to be seated in the back room which was quieter and more intimate. Although the service was a little slow, the food was wonderful. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingKatieDined on 5/9/2014There isn't a healthy option on the entire lunch menu. Lots of meat and high calorie, high fat options. All very over-priced. Tried to order the salmon salad but they were out of salmon! Very few fish options. Ended up with an over priced strawberry, date, salad with greasy dressing. My Bloody Mary was served in a very small, thin glass with no celery or any other garnish and was tasteless, and weak. Coffee was not fresh. Ambiance is nice but can't make up for the bad food.
- Dinner at Food 101BistrodiningDined on 5/8/2014I invited 3 friends to Food 101 for dinner -- we all arrived at 6:30 pm. The restaurant was almost empty at that time. However when we each ordered what we wanted, we were told that 3 of the items we ordered were not available -- two were appetizers and one was an entree (salmon). One of my guests wanted the salmon cause she does not eat meat or chicken, and that is what she wanted. It was embarrassing for me to bring them to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Business LunchAdrianDined on 5/6/2014Food 101 is my go-to choice for a business lunch. Easy to get to, parking isn't an issue, food is consistently top quality and the service is always excellent. Hasn't let me down yet and I've tried them all!Special Features: