20840 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fontanasitalian.com/
- Phone: 4087250188x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
11:30AM - 9:00PM
11:30AM - 9:30PM
5:00PM - 9:30PM
4:30PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Edgar Duran
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Specializing in Pizza, and Pastas plus Gluten Free Choices featuring Lobster, Shrimp, Clams Vongole Mussels, Chicken, Meatballs, Lasagna Ravioli, Gnocchi, and Eggplant Parmesan. Entrée's such as Organic or Wild Salmon, Steak, Mary's Chicken, Rack of Lamb, Scallops, and Scampi.
Homemade Desserts: Tiramisu, Berries Flambe, Profiteroles, Warm Apple Strudel with Vanilla Gelato, and Chocolate Lava Cake.
Lunch Features: Hot Meatball Panini, Fontana's Burger, Club Sandwich, Baked Crab Sandwich, Portabella Sandwich, and Calamari Caesar Salad.
- Private Party Facilities: Let our Event planners take care of your needs for Parties of 6 to 150, with such events as: Rehearsal Dinners, Engagement Parties, Wedding Parties, Engagement Parties, Graduation Parties, Bar Mitzvah, Christenings, Business Conference Luncheons, Cocktail Receptions, Farewell Parties, Life and Memorial Celebrations.
We have been serving our guests especially in the communities of Cupertino, Sunnyvale, MT. View, Santa Clara, San Jose, Saratoga, Campbell, Los Altos & Los Gatos.
- Private Party Contact: Chelsea Alton 4087250188x
- Special Events: We want to help you make your event a success. With Fontana's authentic Italian food and our professional, courteous staff, we guarantee that you will be happy with your choice of Fontana's Italian for your special event.
Fontana's Italian can accommodate groups of any size in our main dining room. Depending on the day and time, we are able to reserve our semi-private dining hall located in the front of our restaurant. There is no minimum charge or rental fee for this space. We invite you to work with our managers in order to best serve your special occasion needs.
Some of the events we hold include Rehearsal Dinners, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Graduations, Receptions, Showers, and Celebrations of Life and Success!
A word from Fontana's Italian
Established in 1984. The word "Fontana" translates from Italian to mean "Fountain". The Fontana restaurant is named after "Fontana Rossa", a quaint mountain village outside of Genoa, Italy. It was known as the birthplace of Christopher Columbus' mother. Fontana's owner Charlotte Chiapellone's grandfather, as well as two other families, the Moscone's and the Mangini's, came from Fontana Rossa to San Francisco in the early 1900's. One of the members of the Moscone family became the mayor of San Francisco; his memory is still honored by a plaque in the piazza wall in Fontana Rossa for his financial generosity to the village church. Mangini became a prominent name on the San Francisco Peninsula. The Chiapellone's were involved in founding the Burlingame Garden Center and others were involved with the San Francisco Sunset Scavengers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fontana's Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (55)great for lunch (44)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (32)romantic (29)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014table is too small for two and sittings are too close that we hear conversations that we don't need to hear.Special Features:
- Excellent foodMargaretDined on 8/22/2014I've been going to this favorite for many years....it's excellent food and service make sure it has a loyal following. I've never had a bad meal here but of particular note is their Artichoke Appetizer, Meat Balls, Lamb, and Desserts....their Tiramisu is the best in the Valley and, as a special, they sometimes have Bread Pudding which cannot be passed up, it is excellent with a perfectly made whiskey sauce! I just love coming here!Special Features:
- CbadventureDined on 8/22/2014Nice evening. Our server Megan was wonderful!! Food was enjoyable and atmosphere relaxing.Special Features:
- menu is getting somewhat stale...OpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 8/19/2014while the menu is getting somewhat stale, the food is well prepared and served courteously....Special Features:
- BAD SERVICE & OVER PRICEDrdmcdDined on 8/17/2014ORDERED THE SPECIAL COD $34.00 FOR A 1/2 POUND OF FISH . TOTAL RIPOFF. ALSO PUT BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION AND THEY DID NOTHING
- Menu better than before!anonDined on 8/16/2014I ordered the special fish, and my husband a shrimp and polenta entree. Both were very good, but the polenta was truly outstanding! Would love to know how to make it myself like that. Our son and daughter-in-law raved about the breads, and we really enjoyed them, too. Thanks for a great dining experience, the finale to a week of celebrating our 50th anniversary, so this meal had to really be outstanding to wow our jaded appetites after a week of parties, dining and experiencing good venues with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need a little refresh...LMSVERDined on 8/16/2014Went for early dinner with family on Saturday. Menus are bit tattered - needs replacing. Service was good. The place filled up later - seemed our waitress was running around on too many tables. Think they need more runners for the food so they are served HOT. Food over was good - shortribs was very good as well as the fish (link cod) special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner with FriendsJoanieDined on 8/9/2014Our reservations was available on time, we were given table options and seated quickly. Our server was attentive but and timely without being in our face. from the drinks to salads, to main course to dessert with a birthday candle everything was served at the proper timing and hot. all our meals were cooked to perfection. We can't wait to have another excuse to return to Fontana's!Special Features:
- Solidly "OK"GirlsNightOUtVIPDined on 8/6/2014The service was excellent, and the restaurant is quite lovely. The bread and oil they give you is quite delicious. Our entrees were only ok. The skirt steak had a very weird sweetness to it, which was also on top of my steak and gorgonzola pizza. The veggies that came with the entrees were not exciting at all - needs an upgrade to this portion of the menu.
- Always a favoriteGoes4FoodDined on 8/2/2014Three of us had the Scampi Saltati and enjoyed the delicious Crab Polenta scampi and yummy sauce. we have eaten her for years and have never had anything less that a great meal. One of our party had a pasta with sausage and thought it was very good not excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta pastaChefrjVIPDined on 7/30/2014Great place for pasta. The pasta is always cooked perfectly with a great selection of sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish "I wishI ordered that"MamaPDined on 7/25/2014As each dishwasher placed on our table,I thought I wish I ordered that. Everything was excellent n every way!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnertastetesterDined on 7/24/2014It seems Cupertino restaurant options are limited in this area of Cupertino. Fontana's met requirements nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive down the peninsulaCharlesVIPDined on 7/23/2014Fontana's still serves the BEST Scalloni Steaks ...... although it's no longer listed on the new menu ...... but they will make it for those long tie customers who made it the second most popular dish ..... don't ask me why it's no longer listed.Special Features:
- missing a dishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014No longer served - pasta taglioni, and it is missed.Special Features:
- Pleasant restaurantKatieDined on 7/18/2014Great service, good food, perfect for both family and business mealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placedaveDined on 7/14/2014Overall, the food is extremely good - you may have a hard time finding better without spending much more. Somewhat short wine list, but good variety of good quality wines. Very friendly and attentive service without being intrusive. No question, we will return whenever we are in the area. We enthusiastically recommend the place.Special Features:
- TastersChoiceTastersChoiceDined on 7/9/2014I have been to Fontana's 4X in the past 2 weeks. Each time, the food was consistently excellent! This time, I brought my grandchildren and daughter, and the service was superb! The waiter brought extra plates, water, milk, for the children; and they were flattered that he treated them in a very adult manner. Of course, the apple strudel with caramel sauce and creamy ice cream at the end of the meal was tops...the best dessert in Silicon Valley!!! The warm foccaccia was a very nice beginning to a delicious lunch too! Delicious from beginning to end!!!Special Features:
- Business LunchBillDined on 7/7/2014Great spot for a quiet business lunch with good food and service.Special Features:
- Quality Italian, Relaxed AtmosphereNotEasilyPleasedVIPDined on 7/3/2014Fontana's never fails to deliver the highest quality dishes. I've never ordered anything that was less than fantastic. They also have a great wine list that has exceptional wines at very reasonable prices. We really love how fresh and sparkling everything feels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Very EnjoyableJimAlynnDined on 6/28/2014We love to come to Fontana's. Very comfortable italian decor. Food is very good. I am never disappointed. Service is very good. We dine at Fontana's 3 - 4 times a year (and we live in Sacramento).Special Features:
- AndThenVIPDined on 6/27/2014Fontana's is a great neighborhood favorite. The food is good and the service is alwys friendly and good. From reception to goodbye, we feel at home there.Special Features:
- Friday Night Date NightDACupertinoDined on 6/27/2014Took hubby out for dinner. I go here often for lunch & occasional dinner with friends, but he has refused to go because he found hostess & waiters pretentious. We live in Cupertino where there are few nice restaurants so I wanted him to try again. I got the table I requested. Hostess was friendly while seating us. Mushroom ravioli: pronounced best ever, actually tasted like mushrooms, served on a bed of spinach. Added a shrimp topper - a bit overcooked. Roasted chicken: preferred their rotisserie chicken to the roasted, sauce generous but too herb forward, roasted potatoes needed to have crisp exteriors, generous side of asparagus, still enjoyed it. Waitress pleasant and on top of it all. Hubby will return! Good meal, minor dings.Special Features:
- Lovely birthday dinnerWostenzelDined on 6/26/2014Great food, attentive service, a special salmon/scallone entree from the kitchen, and a perfect, quiet booth along the wall for quiet conversation. All in all, a perfectly lovely eveningSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2014Food was a little salty, but we ordered a mozarella and house tomato salad that we shared as an appetizer and it was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Food Local GemTryAlexandersVIPDined on 6/24/2014Fontana's is an Italian restaurant with a good balance between traditional Italian fare and typical American foods. We split this combination ordering a rib eye steak and the lasagna with meat sauce. The rib eye was cooked exactly as requested. In contrast to many restaurants that believe a steak is merely grilled and served relying on the customer to add 'steak sauce' (yuk), this steak was seasoned very well. The lasagna was cooked perfectly and was very flavorful. They include Pecorino cheese which I really like in a lasagna and the meat sauce was well-balanced (not too much meat and a nice compliment of tomato sauce). They have a good wine list with selections to match one's likes and budget. This was a very good dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodFood4MeDined on 6/24/2014Went there for lunch. We had three different type salmon dishes and all were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastersChoiceTastersChoiceDined on 6/24/2014I make reservations for lunch at Fontana's frequently for our ladies group. This time, we each ordered a different entree and one salad to be enjoyed "family style". And what a feast it was!!! The salad with sea scallops was the best salad I've enjoyed at any restaurant. The clam linguine has always been our favorite repeat order. The crab polenta and grilled prawns can only be found at Fontana's.. The apple streudel is another one of our repeat favorites...it's huge! The pastry is crisp, the caramel sauce is divine and all is served with a scoop of creamy ice cream. We celebrated 2 ladies' birthdays and the restaurant gave us 2 extra scoops of ice cream with candles!!! The waiter was super too..very accommodating!!!Special Features:
- Awkward specials/menuCaliDined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day dinner. We were handed 3 copier paper menus with no prices and one regular menu to share. We were confused .... was it a price fixed meal for the dinner and if so, how much? Were these specials for the night and if so how much. After waiting a while we flagged down a waitress and asked.....they are specials and she gave us the prices verbally. I then got up and asked the hostess for more menus. When the waiter finally got to us we ordered off the main menu and we all enjoyed our meals. So, printed specials is an interesting idea. But copier paper? No prices? No mention that they are specials for Fathers Day? Awkward.Special Features:
- Not exactly impressedAprilRainDined on 6/13/2014The ambiance was excellent, but the server immediately formed an opinion of my party and treated us very differently from other patio table groups. It was largely noticeable. The food was overcooked and the clams/ noodles were almost dried up.Special Features:
- AndThenVIPDined on 6/10/2014Highly recommend Fontana's. Our favorite local restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jamieVIPDined on 6/8/2014salmon was perfect, as was the crab linguini. The calamar, while good, was not as crispy nor seasoned as we have had it here on prior occasions.
- raredinerDined on 6/7/2014The food was outstanding and the portion size just right. The service was a little slow, maybe, due to too few staff. The mgr. gave us free dessert following two attempts where it was cold and then burnt. The third time was the charm. Our table was cozy and the ambience lovely. Gluten-free options on the menu were much appreciated. Two out of my party of 6 were gluten-free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Concert DiningMommaTishDined on 6/6/2014A good place to enjoy a meal before or after another outing - movie, concert, shopping? A tasty, varied menu, tasty with great bread. We had a very attentive waiter, who catered to the small favors like extra sauce with the Linguini with Clams. Only downside for me was the pulverized parmesan cheese for the pasta. A place as nice as Fontana's should invest in something authentically shredded. I would definitely recommend Fontana's for Italian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoseDined on 6/6/2014The restaurant is pretty and the staff were especially friendly and attentive. Wait time for our meal was quite long, despite it being early and uncrowded. The food looked good at presentation, but was just O.K. on taste. The pasta dish was not cooked enough(more than al dente) and was a bit too generous with the oil. Our pizza looked good, but again, on execution revealed dough that had not been fully cooked.Special Features:
- Fontana's Italian RestaurantPamelajb3Dined on 6/5/2014I highly recommend Fontana's Italian Restaurant. The service is great, and the food is outstanding. It is a perfect atmosphere for either a date, or a group get-together. They have a very nice outdoor patio dining area also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good serviceCaliBardDined on 6/3/2014Had a wonderful dinner with my two nephews. Two of us had the 4 cheese lasagna, which was deliciously floating in a flavorful meat sauce. The third had a lobster pizza - perfectly cooked with a crisp crust and ample ingredients. No matter how many times I visit here, the food and service are consistently good. The waiter was helpful and attentive, but a bit curt.Special Features:
- SlippingyumyumDined on 5/30/2014Had to request bread; had to request ground pepper; had to request knives. Too many picked onions on the carpaccio and zero capers.Special Features:
- c2c2c2Dined on 5/30/2014This is one restaurant that consistently offers excellence in all areas.....beautifully prepared food, excellent service, attractive and cozy ambience, with a reasonable price tag. Our experience at this restaurant has always been exceptional. And there is the option of sitting at the bar to watch the cook staff create...it's an opportunity for "dinner and a show". We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fontana's always a treatgloriacourtneyDined on 5/24/2014A friend introduced me to Fontana's a few years ago. Now whenever I want to take friends or family to a very nice restaurant for a wonderful meal with wonderful service I will take them to Fontana's.Special Features: