Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel
1200 Anastasia Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.biltmorehotel.com/dining/fontana.php
- Phone: 3054458066x2407
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Galazzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Large parties up to 30 guests for Courtyard Dining.
- Private Party Contact: Raquel Alaniz 3054458066x2407
- Entertainment: Live Jazz in the Biltmore Bar each night!
- Special Events: Large group menus available
A word from Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel
Enjoy Mediterranean Cuisine at its best in the Fontana, our resort casual grille featuring outdoor dining in a tropical fountain centered courtyard or indoor seating surrounding and open kitchen with a wide variety of specialties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (63)special occasion (54)romantic (48)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (25)great for brunch (23)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (22)notable wine list (22)scenic view (20)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Taste of Italy ThursdaysfloridALDined on 10/16/2014The atmosphere of the Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel is amazing. You are transported through time to another era while dining there. The restaurant has reactivated its Taste of Italy menu on Thursdays for lunch and dinner. You can get a wonderful Italian entrée for only $13 on that day. The ambiance is worth that alone. The server allowed my guest and I to make a minor substitution to one of the menu items. There was no problem with this and although it was not substituted exactly as we had requested it was still delicious. The service is perfectly present without being intrusive. Highly recommended for Florida winter dining outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodmeebVIPDined on 10/10/2014My choice on the pre theater menu was disappointing, the salad was difficult to eat, the kale needs to be cut bite size; the chicken was overly salted, and the tiramisu was pretty but tasteless,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ariaDined on 10/4/2014Great food. Wonderful atmosphere and attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Treat!Mrsmorales10111Dined on 10/1/2014I took my husband out for a special dinner to celebrate our 3rd Anniversary. When we arrived our hostess asked how we were doing and I mentioned in passing that it was our anniversary. She seated us and we commenced to have a lovely, romantic dinner. Food was incredible, wine delicious and the staff attentive. What really touched us was that at the end we were surprised with a beautiful dessert (chocolatissimo) decorated with "Happy Anniversary! They paid attention to the details! Truly a lovely experience that I would recommend to any romantic or romancing couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent every timeFinanceFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Fontana and the Biltmore always deliver. Their wait staff is knowledgable and attentive, yet not intrusive. The food is prepared very well and is robust in flavor. If I were to critique one area, I'd say the presentation was lacking a bit, but I'm reaching to identify an area they may be able to improve on. While the outdoor seating is charming and romantic, it may still be too warm for it in September. The heat only became noticeable at the end of the meal. All and all the experience was excellent and I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adored itshankiVIPDined on 9/27/2014terrific view of garden, excellent wonderful food selection...equal to none in the miami spice selections...so delicious...great service and terrific servers...lovely ambience! enjoyed every minute...and even special parking for our hybrid vehicle...close to hotel and in the shade!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Setting, and ExperienceUMProfDined on 9/25/2014Sitting under the loggia on a typical late September evening in Miami, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our dinner at Fontana (for my birthday). The service was good and the food outstanding. We agreed that Fontana has the best Miami Spice menu we have encountered and the value at this restaurant is exceptional with that program.Special Features:
- Coral Gables ClassicDOCTORBOBVIPDined on 9/23/2014I was visiting Florida for a conference and invited my two aunts who live in Coral Gables to lunch. They suggested Fontana at the Biltmore. Eduardo our waiter was perfect. Kind and attentive to my aunts who are in the neighborhood of 90 years old. The service was excellent. The food was perfectly prepared. It was raining but we had a lovely table outside but out of the weather. I'll be back to Florida in February and will likely take my aunts to Fontana for lunch on that trip as well.Special Features:
- foodplzDined on 9/20/2014Ate from the Miami Spice Lunch menu. I had the manicotti for the first course (DELICIOUS). Second course the bacon wrapped scallops with beet risotto. Scallops were perfectly cooked and had great flavor. Risotto was good but not excellent. For desert I had the chocolate cake. Very decadent and very tasty. Wish they would have given a little bit more of ice cream considering the portion of the slice. We were seated outdoors. I am not sure if inside seating was an option. It was not offered upon arrival. The heat was a bit of a factor especially since I took my baby but overall had great dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jason A ROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014No need to go back, good and service were just ok, not worth the cost, Buggati's would have been a much better choice. Few blocks away
- marvelous!WandaCDined on 9/13/2014The biltmore hotel is a beautiful, breath taking, historical landmark. Can't help but feel like the rich and famous when walking through the lobby. The attention from the staff is phenominal. Absolutely wonderful place to eat. Food was delish!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We love Fontana at the Biltmore. My husband and I always have a great evening whenever we dine at the Fontana. So far, we have never been disappointed.
- RS423453aDined on 9/13/2014The salmon tartare appetizer was amazing. I was so pleasantly surprised by it, having no previous expectation of Fontana coming in. I knew I wasn't eating at Palm D'or, but at a place at the Biltmore it should probably be pretty good. The salmon tartare was truly a 'wow' culinary bite for the palate. However the main entrée ribeye steak was such a let down. It was like having to cut shoe leather. My hands were tired from cutting after the meal from the toughness. It was flavorful yes, but I can't ever remember having to work so hard to cut a piece of meat. I should have sent it back...and probably would have if the server had asked me how the meal was after I tried it. However I wasn't asked until after we completed our meals.Special Features:
- Dinner at La FontanaGreatfood12Dined on 9/6/2014The Biltmore Hotel is beautiful. I had the Miami Spice. Good choices . The only issue is that we had to wait for about 20 minutes for a waiter to come by our table . It was a birthday occasion as well & it was mentioned but no action was taken by the restaurant . But it was a good overall experience ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014THE miami SPICE MENU WAS VERY GOOD,AND THE SERVICE TOO.Special Features:
- Just lovelyPorcherieDined on 9/6/2014With the advantage of Miami Spice, a luncheon for 7 ladies was within our budget and was enjoyed by all. The courtyard of the wonderful old Biltmore is a venue unique in Florida with an extensive and fascinating history. In the winter, dining outside is a delightful experience. On our recent visit however, the summer heat made dining inside the only sensible choice.Special Features:
- Beautiful Birthday Lunch!tpernasDined on 9/6/2014What a memorable place to take someone for that special occasion. The ambiance, delicious food and excellent service made our aunt's 70th birthday celebration perfect!Special Features:
- Lunch Plus4everonvacationDined on 9/3/2014At lunch we use the Miami Spice especial. More than one waiter gave us a very nice welcome to the restaurant which was a very good start. They were very attentive to accommodate our table exactly where we requested etc. The service was all times outstanding with a strong attention to details. We never needed to call to get the wine served or water, it seemed that they were able to read our minds. The food was delicious, my mother tried the soup to start and it was really tasty and good temperature. The three of us ordered for main course, the scallops and we didn't regret our selection it was amazing also the beet risotto, for dessert the pannacota was a good ending to our amazing meal, I will definitely return to Fontana.Special Features:
- Beautiful dining experienceJBaileyDined on 8/31/2014We went to Fontana with a 6pm reservation (when they opened) when the sun was not too hot, very pretty (romantic) patio setting. Excellent food, restaurant staff was frequently at our table to serve us. Fan to keep away mosquitos was nice touch.Special Features:
- Puts "special" in special occasionLCRFlaDined on 8/30/2014Took my husband to Fontana for his birthday, and I could not have picked a more beautiful place. The Miami Spice menu offered from August 1st thru September 30th makes this a fantastic deal to try out a very fancy restaurant at a more affordable rate. Granted, after adding in a bottle of wine, upgrading the dinner selection, and a couple of cappuccinos with dessert it was not a "cheap date", but then you are still getting an amazing experience, from the food, to the ambience, to the impeccable service, for a great deal. The waitstaff was utterly professional and yet still engaging and friendly, nothing snobby about service at all, adding to the great night overall. You simply cannot put a price on the experience you are given, so worth it!Special Features:
- Great Food. Poor Servicejo6359Dined on 8/30/2014Service was inattentive. We were a party of 4 -3 of us having dinner from the Miami Spice menu. . Upon finishing our appetizers we had to wait an additional 25 minutes for our entrees to arrive. 2X the manager inquired if we needed something and we all brought it to his attention regarding the poor service. and the need for lemons, His response was " as you can see we are very busy" . My group eats at high end restaurants weekly. . As GREAT as the food was the poor service didn't make up for the inattentive and poorly trained wait staff. I BELIEVE GOOD FOOD AND GOOD SERVICE WILL MAKE GUESTS RETURN. We didn't have an opportunity to order coffee until the desserts were already delivered. Still tipped over 20 %.Special Features:
- Disappointed!foodie4moodieDined on 8/30/2014First off my husband's dinnerware was filthy to the point that he said he had never seen it that bad. We had two waiters, one of them had filthy nails which I noticed while he was pouring my water. Out of the three miami spice menu the only two things I liked were the lamb meatballs and the tiramisu. The pork shank had an odor that didn't allow me to enjoy. Our main waiter did come around often to see how everything was and was attentive. Getting the check took a little longer. I guess this is the opportunity that the Miami Spice event gives us to try restaurants that we haven't before in order to find the ones that we continue to patron but this one will not be one of them. On the plus side the location is beautiful!
- Fantastic FontanaHighwayonmyplateDined on 8/29/2014From the time the Hostess seated us, we were attended with such care and warmth. The server was attentive, prompt and the food was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014It is not what you expect from a 5 stars hotel restaurant, We went to try the Miami Spice Menu and it was OK nothing spectacular... On the other hand, service was good at the beginning but when it came to pay the check there was nobody around to bring it! I wouldn't recommend it to my friends because it's not worthy!
- DisappointingSdtfoodsDined on 8/27/2014We went for Miami Spice Menu and it was really disappointing. We were in four so we taste almost every dish. For appetizer the burrata I buy at the supermarket is better, the pork belly was just a thin bacon. For entree the ossobuco was good, but the pasta my husband couldn't eat. The desserts were low average. But maybe I can't judge from Miami Spice menu!
- Pretty spot. OK food.YummyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Compared with most hotel dining (dinner, that is), Fontana is excellent, and the Italian Riviera atrium setting is extraordinary. However, given the many alternative options in town that are so much better for dinner (albeit absent the beautiful setting), the food and service at Fontana is only "good." The Sunday brunch on the other hand is something special. Hotel guests should not hesitate to choose Fontana for any meal; however, if you have access to wheels (or are up to a long leisurely walk), consider checking out the many options in downtown Coral Gables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OnixDined on 8/27/2014Food, server (Hilda), ambience, location, service exceeded my expectations!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!noclue08Dined on 8/25/2014We ate at Fontana late on a Monday night, after missing our reservation time twice due to traffic and rain. We were greeted and taken right to our table. The staff were professional and very attentive. Three of us ordered off the Miami Spice menu, and were not disappointed - the food was absolutely delicious, the wine recommendation very good, and we were not rushed in any way. It was a great meal and a great evening - a definite place to return to. The kind of excellence you would expect from a restaurant in the Biltmore was delivered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But OverpricedJSpiegelVIPDined on 8/24/2014Fontana is a lovely restaurant with indoor as well as outdoor dining. It is upscale Italian with a variety of choices. The quality is very good, atmosphere pleasant and staff excellent. It is overpriced, however. We spent more for dinner for two with 2 drinks each and one dessert plus breakfast the next day than we spent on our junior suite. Breakfast was especially spendy: 2 juice, 2 coffee, 2 toast, 1 omelette, 2 poached eggs= $80. That's almost over the top.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Ate like a king, free parking, and staff was amazing Great waiters and staff, I couldn't believe everyone was so friendly and food was great.Special Features:
- A gem in Coral GablesronmiamiDined on 8/22/2014Exceellentbfood quality , great menu choices, fresh ingredients, super zealous and nice staffSpecial Features:
- DaltonDined on 8/20/2014Excellent restaurant in Miami, inside in Summer, outside in WinterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous pre-theatre dining!LynnVIPDined on 8/16/2014You will feel like you have escaped to a lovely courtyard in Italy! The beautiful fountain surrounded by exotic orchids makes this restaurant a special place. The service is impeccable and the menu superb. We enjoyed the seafood salad appetizer, packed with lobster, mussels, squid and shrimp, immensely. This was followed by the tender grilled octopus entrée, which was perfectly prepared. The banana accented Crème Brulee was an extra treat. We had plenty of time to relax over coffee before heading over to the adjacent Gable Stage for an excellent production of "The Whale". Overall, I can't imagine a more perfect evening.Special Features:
- Fontana at the BiltmoreSal62Dined on 8/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our Miami Spice lunch.. The service was excellent and the food exceptional. We would defintely visit again even if not for Miami Spice. The waiter Alex was very attentive and saw to our empty water glasses immediately. We didn't feel rushed or harried to finish lunch and leave. Everyone was very accomodating... BRAVO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything and more!YummyVIPDined on 8/9/2014It's the Biltmore so of course we were expecting it to be wonderful but it was even better! The food was superb. The ossobuco was delicious and the mashed potatoes were like heaven! The black and white lobster pasta was fantastic. The chocolate mousse cake was like biting into an airy delight that wasn't too sweet or too bitter - just perfect !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Miami SpiceCoralGablesGemDined on 8/9/2014Ossobuco was very nice! Deserts were both excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dining experienceBarbara08Dined on 8/9/2014The service is exemplary and the wine list was great. The cocktails were very good as well as the beet carpaccio appetizer. However the bream fist and pastas were unimaginative and bland. The chocolate dessert was above par but the creme bruleé was just that...a creme bruleéSpecial Features:
- Everything We ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014We were looking for an "away from the crazy loud crowds" for a nice mellow dinner for four where we could talk and laugh and tell stories and not be rushed. The food was very good, especially considering the relatively low prices. I had an app, entrée and dessert at about $40. We had cocktails and wine so our bill was much higher but $40 for three courses is a bargain. Fontana has a beautiful outdoor dining area that would be perfect except the temperature, humidity and mosquitos on the particular night we were there made an inside table a much better choice. Save some time to walk around the hotel and be impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Spice NiceMiamifoodieDined on 8/2/2014Fontana's Miami Spice menu is deliciously creative and a great value. The house-made breads and lamb meatball appetizer were enough for a meal in themselves, and then came the meltingly tender braised pork shank with rosemary potatoes, followed by a cherry ricotta cheesecake on biscotti crust. Service was friendly and attentive on a rainy afternoon, and my friend and I left with enough food for another meal - but no leftover dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014All food was well presented, very tastefull and enjoyed by all three of us. We were guests at The Biltmore and had dinner with my relative who lives in the area. We stay at the hotel every year and make it a point to dine at Fontana, it never disappoints. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.