Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel
1200 Anastasia Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.biltmorehotel.com/dining/fontana.php
- Phone: 3054458066x2407
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Galazzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Large parties up to 30 guests for Courtyard Dining.
- Private Party Contact: Raquel Alaniz 3054458066x2407
- Entertainment: Live Jazz in the Biltmore Bar each night!
- Special Events: Large group menus available
A word from Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel
Enjoy Mediterranean Cuisine at its best in the Fontana, our resort casual grille featuring outdoor dining in a tropical fountain centered courtyard or indoor seating surrounding and open kitchen with a wide variety of specialties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (57)romantic (53)special occasion (46)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (22)great for brunch (21)fit for foodies (20)scenic view (20)great for lunch (19)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Pretty spot. OK food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/27/2014Compared with most hotel dining (dinner, that is), Fontana is excellent, and the Italian Riviera atrium setting is extraordinary. However, given the many alternative options in town that are so much better for dinner (albeit absent the beautiful setting), the food and service at Fontana is only "good." The Sunday brunch on the other hand is something special. Hotel guests should not hesitate to choose Fontana for any meal; however, if you have access to wheels (or are up to a long leisurely walk), consider checking out the many options in downtown Coral Gables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!noclue08Dined on 8/25/2014We ate at Fontana late on a Monday night, after missing our reservation time twice due to traffic and rain. We were greeted and taken right to our table. The staff were professional and very attentive. Three of us ordered off the Miami Spice menu, and were not disappointed - the food was absolutely delicious, the wine recommendation very good, and we were not rushed in any way. It was a great meal and a great evening - a definite place to return to. The kind of excellence you would expect from a restaurant in the Biltmore was delivered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But OverpricedJSpiegelVIPDined on 8/24/2014Fontana is a lovely restaurant with indoor as well as outdoor dining. It is upscale Italian with a variety of choices. The quality is very good, atmosphere pleasant and staff excellent. It is overpriced, however. We spent more for dinner for two with 2 drinks each and one dessert plus breakfast the next day than we spent on our junior suite. Breakfast was especially spendy: 2 juice, 2 coffee, 2 toast, 1 omelette, 2 poached eggs= $80. That's almost over the top.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Ate like a king, free parking, and staff was amazing Great waiters and staff, I couldn't believe everyone was so friendly and food was great.Special Features:
- A gem in Coral GablesronmiamiDined on 8/22/2014Exceellentbfood quality , great menu choices, fresh ingredients, super zealous and nice staffSpecial Features:
- DaltonDined on 8/20/2014Excellent restaurant in Miami, inside in Summer, outside in WinterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous pre-theatre dining!LynnVIPDined on 8/16/2014You will feel like you have escaped to a lovely courtyard in Italy! The beautiful fountain surrounded by exotic orchids makes this restaurant a special place. The service is impeccable and the menu superb. We enjoyed the seafood salad appetizer, packed with lobster, mussels, squid and shrimp, immensely. This was followed by the tender grilled octopus entrée, which was perfectly prepared. The banana accented Crème Brulee was an extra treat. We had plenty of time to relax over coffee before heading over to the adjacent Gable Stage for an excellent production of "The Whale". Overall, I can't imagine a more perfect evening.Special Features:
- Fontana at the BiltmoreSal62Dined on 8/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our Miami Spice lunch.. The service was excellent and the food exceptional. We would defintely visit again even if not for Miami Spice. The waiter Alex was very attentive and saw to our empty water glasses immediately. We didn't feel rushed or harried to finish lunch and leave. Everyone was very accomodating... BRAVO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything and more!YummyVIPDined on 8/9/2014It's the Biltmore so of course we were expecting it to be wonderful but it was even better! The food was superb. The ossobuco was delicious and the mashed potatoes were like heaven! The black and white lobster pasta was fantastic. The chocolate mousse cake was like biting into an airy delight that wasn't too sweet or too bitter - just perfect !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Miami SpiceCoralGablesGemDined on 8/9/2014Ossobuco was very nice! Deserts were both excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dining experienceBarbara08Dined on 8/9/2014The service is exemplary and the wine list was great. The cocktails were very good as well as the beet carpaccio appetizer. However the bream fist and pastas were unimaginative and bland. The chocolate dessert was above par but the creme bruleé was just that...a creme bruleéSpecial Features:
- Everything We ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014We were looking for an "away from the crazy loud crowds" for a nice mellow dinner for four where we could talk and laugh and tell stories and not be rushed. The food was very good, especially considering the relatively low prices. I had an app, entrée and dessert at about $40. We had cocktails and wine so our bill was much higher but $40 for three courses is a bargain. Fontana has a beautiful outdoor dining area that would be perfect except the temperature, humidity and mosquitos on the particular night we were there made an inside table a much better choice. Save some time to walk around the hotel and be impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Spice NiceMiamifoodieDined on 8/2/2014Fontana's Miami Spice menu is deliciously creative and a great value. The house-made breads and lamb meatball appetizer were enough for a meal in themselves, and then came the meltingly tender braised pork shank with rosemary potatoes, followed by a cherry ricotta cheesecake on biscotti crust. Service was friendly and attentive on a rainy afternoon, and my friend and I left with enough food for another meal - but no leftover dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014All food was well presented, very tastefull and enjoyed by all three of us. We were guests at The Biltmore and had dinner with my relative who lives in the area. We stay at the hotel every year and make it a point to dine at Fontana, it never disappoints. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's 50th Birthday!CHernandezDined on 7/26/2014Amazing, amazing experience. Service was excellent with perfect timing. He had a big group and everybody had a great time.Special Features:
- Pasta NightDelishVIPDined on 7/24/2014Great Thursday special, Pasta night is awesome . 13 dollars for pasta wow. And great service and food. Flavors and hummm great Al Dente pasta. Plus full menu too. Great ribeye steak and CARPACCIO wow. Ambience and place perfect of course the Biltmore.Special Features:
- wonderful dinnerdiningadelightDined on 7/16/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday and had a wonderful dinner. We had previously gone in January for our anniversary. In the winter, you can sit outside and the ambiance is very romantic and beautiful. The service was attentive without being overbearing. They delighted us with a complementary dessert, which was delicious. I would strongly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Met our expectations for top quality food and service. Price very reasonable for what you get. Plan to return more often.Special Features:
- not worth the high costdinneroutDined on 7/12/2014I ordered the main lobster special with black ink pasta. I got a mail lobster that was whole, not even the claws were cracked. After pointing the issue out to the server, he brought me a tool for me to use. I was not in jeans a bbq, and felt odd going through the process in white linen jump suit. The service left much to be desire, the meal a total disappointment. Would go back for a drink, that's all.Special Features:
- MrLeeDined on 7/4/2014Everything was wonderful! We had dinner before the fireworks display on the 4th of July and returned for dessert after the presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerCortescDined on 7/4/2014The service was very slow so you have to be willing to wait. Waitress very personable but slow to come back to see if you need anything. Kitchen was slow but it was a holiday weekend. Breakfast was a disaster had to keep looking for waitress never came back after served.Special Features:
- Biltmore should be on yr bucketlistOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Excellent service, great food (try the lemon sorbet!!), positive ambience.. But the best of it all is the grand building of the Biltmore that makes this one of the most incredible dinners you will ever have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THANKS AGAINDRBBVIPDined on 6/28/2014THANKS FOR THE ROMANTIC TABLE DIRECTLY IN FOUNTAIN VIEW WOW!!!!! UNFORTUNATELY THE NOISE FROM THE SECOND FLOOR "QUINCE" PARTY CANCELLED ALL THAT OUT.WE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED BEING COMPENSATED FOR THAT INCONVENIENCE. WOULD HAVE PREFERRED THE CARPACIO A BIT MORE TENDER AND A FEW MORE PASTA CHOICES- PERHAPS ONE WITH EGG PLANT SAUCE. THE BRANZINI PRESENTATION WAS THE BEST ANYWHERE. VERY MUCH LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT VISIT.Special Features:
- Biltmore BeautyTennisgal22Dined on 6/24/2014Nothing compares to having a terrific meal at the famous Biltmore. Great food and beautiful views.Special Features:
- Live this restaurantOwooblyVIPDined on 6/17/2014It feels like you are transported to another place when you done here. The servers are lovely , I've never had anything but an amazing meal here paperdlle bolognase is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DesiDined on 6/13/2014Food was great and the wine list was extensive. Wine was pretty pricey though, and their corkage fee is really high :( service was FANTASTIC! I strongly recommend the menu Risotto or Gnocchi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestSergeDined on 6/13/2014Chicken Parm in Miami and not on the menu. Also had the caprese salad with burata which is also not on the menu. They are very accommodating with special requestsSpecial Features:
- Great Wine experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Robert did an amazing job showing us the various types of wine. It made our night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service before showKageyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Took 25 minutes to get a glass of wine. We were going to a show and the staff was informed. Food not bad, service got better after a bad start.
- DecadentCariocaDined on 5/21/2014The Biltmore Hotel is one of the best places in town, however, the food in Fontana was really poor. First of all they offered on Monday a special 3 courses, which was fake! Food is not in line with hotel standart!Special Features:
- Not happyMarioDined on 5/17/2014The place is nice, the servers are friendly, the food left much to be desired. I ordered veal. It was served lukewarm and tasted like it had been frozen and re-heated in the microwave. For dessert I ordered the vulcan. A great disappointment. The outside texture was a little hard and dry and the inner liquid did not flow out as it supposed to.
- Relaxed elegance-historic locale😎CookieinMiamiDined on 5/17/2014Great spot for a relaxing lunch. Food, service and wine list ...excellent. The location a historic gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful setting, incredible fooditsmeDined on 5/12/2014We went to Fontana as a special dinner on our last night of vacation. We definitely saved the best for last! The food was SO good. We had the prosciutto salad appetizer, grilled octopus (AMAZING), seafood risotto and more. I was worried that it might be "too romantic" of an atmosphere since we brought a friend from the area along but it was great. There were other tables there of people on business staying in the hotel, couples, etc. 3 entrees, 2 glasses of wine, appetizer & 20% tip added up to $160 - not as expensive as we were expecting. The wait staff was very nice and mostly attentive but they forgot (even after reminding twice) our bread to go (it was really good bread!) We'd absolutely go back though & would highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Wonderful celebration spotVAgfDinerDined on 5/10/2014We went to Fontana for brunch to celebrate Mother's Day a day early. It was a wonderful, leisurely, relaxing breakfast with attentive service and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/9/2014We are never let down at Fontana. Luca Papini and the staff provide an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- professional, accommodatinglive4foodDined on 5/9/2014Food and service were simply terrific. Robert greeted us by name and brought us to our private table in the garden. From there it was first class service and beautiful food. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!magicalDined on 5/1/2014Fontana remains a superlative "Neighborhood Gem", the more relaxed than at home atmosphere is just excellent, their cuisine never fails to wake up our taste buds and transport us to places we have yet to discover. Have been going to Fontana for many years and many different occasions, never get tired of their excellent cuisine and very warm and loving service.Special Features:
- The following 393 reviews are from the Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel reviews archive.
- just a dreamDaidalosDined on 4/27/2014we love this place, in a fantastic building, great atmosphere, nice placeSpecial Features:
- The service was HORRIBLE!disappointedDined on 4/25/2014We recently took friends from London to Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel. The setting is one of our favorites and the food is good. However, we won't take visitors there again as the service was terrible. No fewer than 5 times during dinner, did we have to search for a waiter. That's totally unacceptable.Special Features:
- Excellent in all respectsNickDined on 4/19/2014The food and service were outstanding. I hadn't eaten there before, and I was very pleased to find the atmosphere so relaxing. The outside dining area was full yet the noise level was as low as anyplace in recent memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.