Fonda - Brooklyn
434 7th Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Fonda - Brooklyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fondarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7183693144x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 5 - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5 - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5 - 11:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11- 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Gustavo Osorio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for catering information.
A word from Fonda - Brooklyn
Contemporary, authentic Mexican cuisine in a relaxing, fun atmosphere.Continued
Incredible margaritas and "best of its kind" Mexican Home Cooking.
Incredible margaritas and "best of its kind" Mexican Home Cooking.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Fonda - Brooklyn - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Fonda - Brooklyn reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (23)great for outdoor dining (20)romantic (10)great for brunch (10)special occasion (9)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great brunchBHH2VIPDined on 9/13/2014The prices at brunch are a bit better than their dinner fare, but everything was delicious. I will say, it was quite load, almost painfully so at some points. Still a very worth while choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotDaveDined on 9/1/2014This was our first time and we will definely be back. All the food was flavorful and more interesting than your typical Mexican. Guacamole was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FondaTiggerDined on 8/6/2014Great REAL MEXICAN FOOD, if your looking for Tex-Mex and burritos don't waste your time coming. This is for a really good dinner and drinks. Romantic, great for 1st dates or for a couple on there regular date night out. Wide variety of dishes (meat,fish and shellfish) and appetizers, save room for dessert or at less share it at the table.Special Features:
- Delicious and great outdoor seatingjennkayVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food was all amazing. We ate on the outdoor patio and loved looking up at the brick apartments. Service was friendly but slow for our party of four. The couple that came in with us was eating and gone before we got our appetizers so it was inconsistent, but I'd wait forever for the homemade tortillas which were fantastic. Everything we ordered was spot on and worth having again.Special Features:
- Fonda Park SlopeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Drinks and food were excellent. Hostess was a bit odd. Had a reservation, restaurant not very full. Many available seats in the front, near and in the window. She choose to seat us at table in the back near the kitchen. We of course asked if we could sit in the window and she did seat us there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianneDined on 7/8/2014We used a gift cert, so decided to go for dinner. The outside could have used a bit more grooming, but otherwise it was nice ambiance. I don't like spicy food and just about everything on the menu had a kick. The waiter was extremely accommodating and said he'd tell the chef to leave off the "heat"...but that left me with a plain grilled steak and some shriveled string beans (even the rice and beans had heat). The guacamole was AMAZING and the plaintains were delicious as well. Overall, this is a nice place, but I wish they'd put a few more things on the menu for people don't like spicy food...that would be ideal for me!! All in all, I'd still go back but most likely for margaritas and appetizers - the guac and plaintains for me!Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/5/2014The guy at the door was nice. Service is not good. It's a shame places don't know hospitality. Were your guest treat us like kings. We sit down greet us say hi. Thanks for coming how are you? Ask if we want a drink suggest something make us feel welcomed. Not like a stranger. Treat us like you want to be treated. Be kind and make us have a experience. Follow that and you will have more people coming. Trust me.
- Terrific first visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/4/2014Three friends, one Park Slope couple with more than 30 years in the neighborhood, one visiting, former Park Sloper of eight years, trying the relatively new Fonda. Service excellent and helpful --!allowed us to have dinner at just the right pace. Food excellent -- prepare for delightful spice. Looking forward to next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food always good!MariamechiDined on 7/2/2014So far the only Mezican restaurant where I can eat Nopal Salad! The food is always fresh and nicely prepared. Chef Roberto Santibañez was at the restaurant the day we dined there. He took care of every Detail and mese sure his clientes were Happy and satisfied w the service! I keep going, never had a bad meal there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Mexican DeliciousnessAndynyc646VIPDined on 6/20/2014This is one of our fav restaurants on 7th Ave in Park Slope. Everything is tasty and the energy is festive. Can't wait to try their Mexican casual bites place, Boqueria, across the street!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Father's DayLeffertsgardenmamaDined on 6/15/2014Just what we were looking for--amazing Mexican food within walking distance from our house. I have to say it's been the best Mexican dining we've had in Brooklyn. The staff was friendly. We ordered a few appetizers and margaritas and for the entrees we had the Chicken Norteno and Chile Rellenos. All equally delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistantly greatdoschalupasDined on 6/14/2014As a native of southern Texas, this is one of the only Mexican restaurants I visit in NY. The food is consistently great and the bar tenders make a great michelada and margarita. I enjoy getting a drink across the street at La Botaneria, sister bar/tapas restaurant before meeting up with friends for dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Fonda has a relaxed feel, great cocktails, friendly and professional service and delicious food. It's a fun place for a group, big or small.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!BrooklynShaynaDined on 6/9/2014We have been to Fonda a handful of times and every time we go we fall more in love with the food. The sauces are so good you could drink them! The restaurant is always energetic, the service is always spot on. The guacamole is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Great appetizer, good food, noisyNewatthisDined on 5/28/2014Great appitizers, good food but noisy! Was nice bar seen but very hard to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrilliantClancyBDined on 5/28/2014Everything was brilliant. We had guests for overseas and they loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fonda BrooklynEsticDined on 5/25/2014Not your typical mexican food place. We have been here a few times before. Make sure you have a reservation, this place books up quickly and you will either wait forever or not get seated at all. The food is delicious! The drinks are delicious! This is a place you want to go to for a special occasion or just a nice night out.Special Features:
- The following 219 reviews are from the Fonda - Brooklyn reviews archive.
- tastysmp430Dined on 5/17/2014I recommend the food is very good. I highly recommend making reservations because the place gets packed my only downside is I find it to be a little pricy for Mexican food overall food is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Fonda!ozjazzDined on 5/16/2014We've been to Fonda for happy hour, romantic dinners, group birthday dinners - my fave is to go for a late night meal, just the two of us! The chipotle sauce they serve with the guac is the best and our favourite drink is the rosalita!Special Features:
- Always great!almin1204VIPDined on 5/14/2014I'm a regular at Fonda and always a good experience. This time though, food was quite salty. Also, there was a long wait for the entrees but overall it was great! Waiter Luis was wonderful!Special Features:
- Great Happy HourGreatDined on 5/11/2014Came to Fonda for Happy Hour a few times and recently for brunch. It was great but service was slow, I still recommendSpecial Features:
- the Hazelnut Mole is Delicioso!DsgnXdirectnDined on 5/10/2014Only wish there were more options for kids, given that Park Slope is kid-central... Other than that, it was fantastic, a real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentfoodienerdDined on 5/5/2014Everything was superb! Well worth the $$ spent. My mouth is watering thinking about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnnyDined on 5/5/2014The food was great! I am planning to visit the restaurant again.Special Features:
- Delicious Mexican Food with FlairTC4BKDined on 5/5/2014I'm not talking 'Office Space' kind of flair here, I'm talking about the dishes themselves. They are extraordinary, and anything you find that pleases your palate is sure to be a success. They change the food menu on a somewhat regular basis (I would say I go 4-6 times a year), and offer nightly specials including a special drink and their dessert choice. Their drinks also are something to rave about - very creative margaritas and brunch mimosas. The sangria has also been very good when I've tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2014Service was extremely slow -- even after it was pointed out to, and acknowledged by, the waiter. A manager never approached the table. And, the server did not suggest ANY compensation for our incredibly long wait for food. VERY disappointing!
- Delicious foodSchehrezadeDined on 5/2/2014I'm from California originally. this is extremely good sitdown restaurant style Mexican food. It's expensive but it's for the overall experience, the ambience and the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fonda is awesome!! Great brunch!IlovebrunchnycDined on 4/19/2014Great for brunch and has a garden! Food and margaritas are tasty and service is excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Fonda!brooklyngreenDined on 4/13/2014Fonda is my favorite restaurant in the neighborhood, and one of my favorites in the city. The food is excellent and so is the service. And I love to sit outside when the weather is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotBrooklyn77Dined on 4/12/2014It was my birthday,my girlfriends and I choose this place because of the great margaritas. The margaritas were great, I had more than my share. The place is much smaller than I thought but nice. The food had mixed reviews at my table some of us loved and others thought it was just ok,I have the shirmp over spicy rice and really enjoyed. We did have to wait an hour for our table even though we had reservations but the manager was ver nice about it and we received two rounds of complimentry drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top generosityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2014We had 8m reservations on Saturday night. The place was hopping. About 15 minutes after we were supposed to be seated, the maître d', Chris, approached us. He apologized for the wait, and told us the realistic time we had to wait was another 20 minutes. He offered to walk us across the street to have a drink and appetizers ON THE HOUSE at Fonda's sister tapas bar. I cannot express how lovely the experience was, how kind the servers were and how delicious the food was. And thank you Chris for making this an experience to remember.I would recommend this to a friend.
- St Patrick's Day weekend BrunchAnnieEatsDined on 3/16/2014Wow. Our waiter was lively and cheerful. Completely engaged in our service and, as we were seated by the window, we had a lovely view of the seemingly impromptu Brooklyn St. Patrick's Day parade. We loved it. It is a fairly small establishment so dear god MAKE reservations. They're a bit dickish about it at times. But the food is worth it and they have some tasty drinks on their pre fixe unlimited booze brunch. Expect 3 drinks. No more. They keep it classy here.Special Features:
- Great Food!RobbiVIPDined on 3/15/2014My veggie enchilada was delicious. Mole sauce rocks! The homemade tortillas were excellent. The drinks were great too.Special Features:
- Good food but big mistake in servicFoodiegalDined on 3/1/2014We have eaten at the resturant several times and always enjoyed the food. However we had a very unfortunate incident happen after alerting staff that one of our dinner guests was highly allergic to all seafood. Although she ordered pork adobe as her entree a plate of shrimp was not only brought out but placed right under her nose. When she handed the plate back explaining that she had a very serious allergy she was told that they had to check with the waiter at which point she demanded it be taken away. The waiter did come back and apologize for the mistake, but the incident put a damper on the evening.Special Features:
- Service was excellent. FoodkevinDined on 3/1/2014Service was excellent. Food was very good. Margaritas exceptional walking with the guacamole. Fair price compared to Manhattan restaurant s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Say Guac?ReviewerDined on 2/28/2014Can they guac the guac? Yes, they can. These people do a fantastic job with guacamole. It's fresh, it's not just some mush, and it's made to your preference (mild, medium, hot). We left there wanting some more guacamole for the road--I definitely recommend it if you go. As for the entrees, we ordered enchildada suizas and pork adobo. The enchilada portions was small. The pork adobo was pretty decent sized. We were surprised at how sweet the food was. It really took away from the flavor rather than enhance it. I didn't want dessert at the end. The pork adobo was tender, which was great but it was too sweet. Great ambiance but not much room. The service was very good. Margaritas are overpriced. Overall: I'd go back for the guac.Special Features:
- a taste of homelizzieDined on 2/25/2014I am from Austin Texas, where Fonda's Chef was a chef @ La Fonda San Miguel, I found Fonda to be like a taste of home in albeit in a very tight little place, being from Texas we are use to a little more space, that extends to our dining experience ;)Special Features:
- Amazing real Mexican food !!OsitofrancesDined on 2/22/2014Please don't be afraid to experiment my favorite remain the tlacoyos!!! The duck tacos are amazing the shrimp too and the enchiladas Oaxaca also!!! Want it all !!!! Thank you Fonda!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014This is by far the best Mexican food in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally a great Mexican restaurant!almin1204VIPDined on 2/18/2014I've lived in Park Slope for 10 years now and this is the first very good Mexican restaurant in the neighborhood! Their tortilla soup is phenomenal! Pretty much all appetizers are scrumptious and so are some of their entrees. Banana bread pudding and Tres Leches are fantastic deserts!Special Features: