1537 S. 11th St
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fondphilly.com/
- Phone: (215) 551-5000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 8:00pm, not regular menu, only small plates and one rustic entree. $35 three course menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lee Styer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please call to discuss and schedule.
Sunday and Monday may be available for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Tory K. 2155515000x
- Special Events: Fond offers a private "Chefs Table Room' located in front of the kitchen, This table holds up to 12 people.
A word from Fond
Fond is a Contemporary American Restaurant, with eclectic flavors & fresh, seasonal ingredients. Run by three friends, guests can expect to feel welcome & relaxed. We now offer a full bar as well as a wine and beer list. We offer BYOB from Tuesday to Thursday, with corkage fee on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and special holidays. We are located on bustling East Passyunk Avenue in South Philadelphia. Come join Fond for happy hour, every Tuesday thru Friday from 5:30-7:00, BAR ONLY. Fond also has chef's tables that seat 10, that oversee our kitchen where Chef Lee Styer will demonstrate his cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Fond reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (65)special occasion (50)romantic (38)hot spot (20)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (7)good for groups (7)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A contemporary take on some classic fine diningMattVIPDined on 11/21/2014With a group of 3 people, we did the chef's tasting menu and wine pairing. The menu was perfectly spaced out. Enough food came out to keep us satisfied but not bloated, and by the end of the meal we weren't induced into a food coma. The food itself included some very unique dishes that included one of the best risottos I have ever had. The wine pairings were also spot on for the most part, particularly in the first half of the meal. It is, as others have mentioned, a bit cramped in there, but the service was good, which more than made up for it. This would be a great date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience!WhereRMyGlovesEdmontonDined on 11/15/2014Tremendously enjoyed the good mixture of the flavours of the dishes, very pleasant and knowledgable service and the great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- centercitygalVIPDined on 11/9/2014We went for the Sunday dinner - small plates and one prix-fixe option. Everything we had was excellent.Special Features:
- Thank youJstrideDined on 11/8/2014Great service. Amazing food ! Hanger steak was delightful and the duck heart appetizer was to die for !Special Features:
- awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014the only thing i didn't like was that open table only showed a 6:15 pm reservation----we finished and left at 8:30 and there were plenty of tables---if i would have called the restaurant directly i could have made a 7:00 reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Startlingly good!giljoyDined on 11/1/2014I was told about this restaurant by a friend who visits Philadelphia often. We entered into what appeared to be the small crowded corner bar and were seated at a cosy table in the back. What followed was an expert, professional, French inspired but wholly American meal. It was reasonably priced and served by a staff who were friendly, proud of the restaurant and clearly wanted us to have a good time. The portions were generous. The food was superb! This restaurant would stand out above the crowd in New York, London or Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Food was way beyond the high-end dining available in Philly. Best in a long time. Pork rillettes, shrimp ceviche, short rib stroganoff, ...... "G" our waiter was on point and funny all evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner with Great ServiceGoSteelersDined on 11/1/2014Service by G was outstanding!! Amuse-bouche of mushroom soup should be on the menu and available in a pint glass!! It is amazing! Rock shrimp ceviche app was solid. Entrees were skate wing and a special of short rib stroganoff. My companion loved the stroganoff. The skate wing was a tad salty as previously noted, but the flavor complimented the slightly sweet butternut squash risotto. Pumpkin Layer Cake for dessert was a nice way to end. And don't miss out on the Olive bread. Lovely experience and would highly recommend Fond!! Valet parking available for $12, as opposed to $8 as per the Fond website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celbratory SpotJgm777Dined on 10/29/2014We took my grandmother to Fond for her 90th birthday! She thoroughly enjoyed herself and so did we. The food was amazing and the cocktails and wine selection was fantastic! The service was friendly but impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!meatatarianDined on 10/25/2014Our party of 4 each ordered something different for appys, entrees and desserts. It was all really, really fabulous. Don't be "afraid" to try something different - it will be prepared to perfection. The specialty cocktails were also refreshing, different and awesome.Special Features:
- Great experience!Wc1380Dined on 10/21/2014Had the 5 course tasting and loved it. 4 of the 5 courses were amazing while 1 was very good. Wasn't crazy about the rock shrimp ceveiche but it wasn't bad. The service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.Foodie1017Dined on 10/18/2014The service was perfect. The food was great, chicken was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still impressedgrace215Dined on 10/18/2014Fond has been consistently spectacular for several years now. I hope they continue to be for many years to come. The first time I went I got the chef's tasting menu, and now that's the only thing I like to order. It's a way to share a wonderful meal full of surprises for those who love food. I was really happy to finally get a chance to share it this time with my boyfriend.Special Features:
- SuperbSweetOnion38VIPDined on 10/16/2014Had been meaning to eat at Fond for way too long. It was well worth the wait. You can taste the care and love put in to each dish. The food was just spectacular. Will definitely be back sooner rather than later.Special Features:
- Lived up to recommendationsJemmasadieDined on 10/9/2014Food was fantastic, small concise menu with some decadent dishes in each course. Reasonable wine list and crafty cocktails. Service was on point and it was great to have a regular sitting next to us and making recommendations. Cozy place so large groups will probably be a little issue if not reserved. Seared foie was amazing, as was the pork belly and salmon dishes. Will happily go back again.Special Features:
- A GRAND EXPERIANCEcal1dineVIPDined on 10/8/2014THE OTHER NIGHT AT FOND IT WAS TRULY A GRAND EXPERIANCE. FROM THE TIME WE SAT AT THE BAR WHERE THE DRINKS WERE EXCELLENT. TO THE FOOD THAT WAS CRAZY GREAT. WITH OUT A DOUBT THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST OF THE BESTcal1dineVIPDined on 10/3/2014WHEN I SAY THE BEST OF THE BEST I MEAN THE BEST OF THE BEST. LAST NIGHT AT THE BANGING FOND RESTAURANT CHEF LEE WAS ON FIRE. THE FOOD OVER THE TOP AND THE SERICE WAS ROCK AND ROLL. ONCE AT THE BAR I HAD A GRAND MARTINI AND NOW LETS TALK FOOD 1ST WAS THE BANGING TRIPE GRATIN,2ND WAS THE DUCK TENDERLOIN FRICCASEE-AMAZING,3RD WAS THE GREEK STYLE ESCARGOT THE FINEST PLEASE,4TH WAS THE FOIE GRAS LIKE BUTTER IN YOUR MOUTH,AND FINALLY WAS THE DUCK CONFIT NOW EVERYONE OF THESE DISHES WERE THE FINEST AND VERY HIGHEND PLEASE. THIS RESTAURANT I JUST CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT BECAUSE OF THE FINEST FOOD AND THE FINEST SERVICE. CHEF LEE THANKYOU SO MUCH AND YOUR BANGING TEAM FOR MAKING MY FRIDAY NIGHT IN THE CITY OF PHILA A TRUE GRAND DINNING EXPERIANCE!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RippVIPDined on 10/1/2014Impressive combination of tasty, perfectly prepared food and impeccable service. Fond certainly is one of Philadelphia's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PsalernoDined on 9/27/2014The food was delicous. Service was good and even though the restaurant is small - it had ambiance. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Fabulous FondOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014We had been wanting to go for some time, but impossible on weekends. It was still full at mid-week. Wonderful food and warm, engaging service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chef and Great FoodLovehisfoodDined on 9/24/2014Chef Styer is an incredible artist. His creations and use of fresh produce have been very unique. Updated menu provide the guest with a great experience. Tory and his waitstaff are very knowledgeable, which makes it an overall great evening. Jessie's desserts are also excellent.Special Features:
- Great serviceBellsDined on 9/18/2014The service at the restaurant was excellent. Our waiter was thoughtful and took very good care of us. However, the food was lackluster. It's not that it was bad, it's just that it was very expensive and I expected a little bit more Quality for the priceSpecial Features:
- Fond of Fondluv2eatVIPDined on 9/9/2014Our third experience at Fond lived up to our expectations. The veal terrine appetizer special had layers of veal, provolone and broccoli rabe, with a crispy top, in a red blush sauce. It was delicious beyond description. The entrees were equally excellent. My hanger steak, prepared medium rare, was tender and well seasoned. The scallops were cooked to perfection and accompanied by vegetables just crunchy enough to complement the tenderness of the scallops. Each plate was artistically presented. Dessert and cappuccino topped off a wonderful meal. Our waiter was friendly and so knowledgeable. He made our evening relaxing and enjoyable. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experienceJuleDined on 9/5/2014Food was amazing! Our waiter, G (Miguel), made excellent recommendations. Started with a glass of Lavender Blanc. Amazing heirloom tomato salad, scallops and pork belly--perfectly cooked and nice portions. Finished the meal with a peanut butter and chocolate ganache desert topped with peanut brittle. One of the best meals I have had. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousthehappylocalVIPDined on 9/2/2014The shrimp ceviche was so delicious I was tempted to lick the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!smith182Dined on 8/30/2014Amazing, one of the best dining experiences we've had in Philly. Our waiter was excellent, the perfect combination of friendly and helpful, but not overbearing.The food was incredible, we especially loved the pork belly, skate wing, and the chocolate mousse dessert. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal of 2014nonnaVIPDined on 8/26/2014Our small group of 6 ate in the back room adjacent to the kitchen. It felt very private despite the comings and goings of the staff filling their orders. Each of the first courses and entrees was exceptional. I highly recommend the restaurant to anyone lucky enough to own a car since its location on Tasker Street isn;t especially helped by SEPTA.Special Features:
- Fond - perfect except for...Eat2LiveVIPDined on 8/21/2014I would rate this restaurant as perfect EXCEPT for the noise level - WAY too loud. Thank goodness there's no background music. It helped, but not enough. The food is exquisite but the ambience is really marred by the noise levelSpecial Features:
- Certainly NOT better than expectedSteevoDined on 8/2/2014Waitress seemed very disinterested. She described the "specials" but never mentioned the 5-course, 7-course or Chef Tastings options. She seemed annoyed when we asked about them. the servers that brought bread and the entrees were very nice and excellent. Oyster appetizer - good. “Caesar” Grilled Haricots Verts appetizer - disappointing. It was 10 green beans with a Caesar dressing and a pile of arugula. A small tasting of mushroom soup was a bit salty. Have been to similar restaurants with regards to price and setting which have been much better. Mahi mahi was a bit overcooked and nothing special. Pork belly was good but sides were lacking creativitySpecial Features:
- A good spotBonvivantDined on 8/2/2014Everything is fine here, the surrounding neighborhood and dining room were pleasant, the service very good, and the food good. I can't say the food was outstanding but it was good. As a fan of seasonal foods, I wish the menu had been more summery in theme and flavor. I would go here again.Special Features:
- excellentcitytrotDined on 8/1/2014Food and service were both amazing. No complaints whatsoever.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014Went for my birthday. Food was spectacular (esp the scallops) and service was noticeably nice. BYOB helps with high entree prices, but it's worth it. They're clearly committed to the entire experience. Much recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ready2dineVIPDined on 7/29/2014fabulous dinner. the food was superb. I love skate wing and this was probably the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- The following 715 reviews are from the Fond reviews archive.
- centercitygalVIPDined on 7/24/2014Once again, we had an outstanding dinner at Fond. It is definitely one of Philadelphia's best restaurants.Special Features:
- THE BEST OF PHILA!!!!cal1dineVIPDined on 7/22/2014THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME DINNING AT FOND RESTAURANT PHILADELPHIA AND LET ME TELL YOU THE BEST OF PHILA!!! FROM THE START AT THE BAR WHERE THE DRINKS WERE FLOWING AND VERY WELL SERVED. TO THE AMAZING AMBIENCE OF THIS VERY WONDERFUL RESTAURANT. NOW LETS TALK FOOD THE ONLY WORD I CAN SAY IS BANGING!!!!!! THE 1ST COURSE WAS THE AMAZING FOIE GRAS DUMPLING,2ND WAS THE CHICKEN LIVER MOUSE, 3RD WAS THE SEARED FOIE GRAS,4TH WAS THE SEARED SCALLOPS,4TH WAS THE ICELANDIC CODE, AND FINALLY 5TH WAS THE MAHI MAHI. EVERONE OF THESE DISHES WERE OF THE GRANDEST OVER THE TOP BANGING. NOW LETS TOUCH ON SERVICE ON THE MONEY CANT GET ANY BETTER. CHEF LEE AND TEAM FOND THANK YOU FOR ONE OF THE FINEST DINNING EXPERIANCES EVER IN MY LIFE BIG TIME YOU ARE THE BEST!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant all year.SethVIPDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I have been working our way through the Eater38 and this is by far the best restaurant we have eaten at all year. Ordinarily I would keep such good things to myself but this place is just too good not to have a wide audience.Special Features:
- One of the best in PhillyfoodismyhusbandDined on 7/18/2014My mother and I made the decision to dine at Fond and we're so glad that we did. First of all, the service was impeccable, never missing a beat. Our water glasses were never empty. Our plates were always full. A new slice of delicious olive bread (baked by the chef's wife) was offered immediately after we finished the last one. They make you feel like royalty. The food is phenomenal. My mom had the cod with risotto, which she loved. It was perfectly cooked. I ordered the seared foie gras and the pork belly. The foie was lush, velvety and looked absolutely beautiful on the plate. The pork belly is one of the best pork dishes I've ever had, and simply one of the best dishes this city has to offer. Next time you're in S. Philly, dine at Fond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellentAIpandaDined on 7/15/2014Been here a handful of times this past year and always had a wonderful experience. The staff's great and the patrons are friendly too! Excellent pork belly, skate, and dessert! My sister loved the risotto here. They tend to be busy so reservation recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceFoodLoverVIPDined on 7/12/2014Four adults plus one baby had a great evening. Staff could not be more accomodating, friendly or helpful AAA+++. Food was delicious, unusual with generous portions at fair prices. Not too noisy, tables reasonably spaced for a small restaurant. Overall a very special experience...a restaurant where it all comes together.Special Features:
- Great little spotJosh1kVIPDined on 7/9/2014The deco was classic and stylish. The service was impeccable and the food was awesome. Good, tight wine list with great cocktails and BYO option on weeknights! Overall a great little restaurant in South Philly.Special Features: