Folia Steakhouse - Marietta
1360 Powers Ferry Rd
Marietta, GA 30067Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Folia Steakhouse - Marietta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://foliasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7706273170
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday:11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Folia Steakhouse - Marietta
Folia steakhouse, authentic gaucho Brazialian Dining. We offer a warm intimate atmosphere where you can enjoy great food and drink.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Folia Steakhouse - Marietta reviews from OpenTable diners
- This was our 2nd visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012This was our 2nd visit and it was better than the 1st - they brought out meat so fast we could hardly finish what we had before they were returning. We like the salad bar as it is not the typical American one.Special Features:
- Good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012This was very similar to other Brazilian steak houses, but it doesn't seem to get enough traffic to ensure the food is fresh. The waitress was friendly, but disappeared and let the other waitress or the gaucho take care of us so we were disappointed in that. Overall, it was okay, but given the price of about $30 per person, I was expecting more.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our 2nd visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012We enjoyed our 2nd visit. Folia is not an upscale restaurant like a Fogo De Chao, but the food is good and we would go back.
- The service is GREAT. TheJakeDined on 11/30/2012The service is GREAT. The food is good BUT some of the pieces of the meat was NOT warm all the way in the middle and some of the piece was over cooked. I think they took it out of the refigerator and heat them up too fast to serve us.Special Features:
- Gotta go....be hungry... salad barOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2012Food was excellent and waiters and waitress were very friendly, but very slow bringing food out. Salad bar was excellent...especially loved th shrimp pasta and asparagus!! I had a Groupon and will be back with family....Special Features:
- Wondeful food and attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012Excellent food and service. I enjoy going with my spouse and taking friends there.Special Features:
- Our server seemed nervous,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012Our server seemed nervous, maybe new ? The other more experienced servers pretty much picked up his slack. There was one meat server who was on the ball and very concerned w/ the lack of food coming to our table. We were dissappointed that the table behind us seemed to get meat first and by the time they had been served there was not enough to finish serving the rest of the dinning room.
- The food was great - it startedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012The food was great - it started out a bit slow but quickly picked up and we really enjoyed the bacon wrapped chicken.Special Features:
- The meats were not the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012The meats were not the quality I expected for the price. The service was crude and sub par. No worries for them though, because they automatically add 18% (16 dollars in my case) of gratuity to their check. We were basically the only ones in the place.
- The meat was awfull. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2012The meat was awfull. The only good thing was the salad bar and the wine.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Basically only got meat which was also overlooked. The side dishesWere so salty they were inedible. The floors soDirty they were slick and difficult to walk on. Has gone downhill from a year ago significantly. Was told they had a new cook . Guess they needTo keep looking.
- The absolute worst serviceTlb023VIPDined on 11/14/2012The absolute worst service I've ever had from the waitstaff. The gaucho chefs were actually very friendly and accommodating. Since the waitresses automatically get 18% I think they didn't care about the service they provided I waited 30 minutes for my bill after I asked three times. I also ordered a slice of orange for my Bluemoon, had to ask three times and still never got it
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2012I made a reservation for 6:30pm, arrived at 6:15pm, and did not sit down until 7pm. The hostess was no where to be seen so we stood in the hallway until one of the meat servers asked us if we had been helped. They sat us at a table that had no lights bc the bulbs were out and then were annoyed when we asked to sit elsewhere. The next group seated there asked to move as well. The hostess made no problem pointing us out to show that we messed up their seating. The staff was rude and tired- probably bc they seemed understaffed. The food was meh- this is no FOGO. It was pretty bland and the lamb was especially horrible (seasoned to the max). The experience was underwhelming and unremarkable. Better to spend your money on a great steakhouse.
- Great food and the staff wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Great food and the staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Good Brazilian steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2012Good Brazilian steakhouse quality at a decent price. The restaurant was crowded on Saturday night, but the young wait staff really hustled to keep the cuts of meat coming out and were very attentive, asking us what particular items we wanted. This is a worthy alternative to the far-more-expensive Buckhead steakhouses.Special Features:
- Disappointing DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2012This was one of the worst dining experiences I have ever had. The problems encountered were. 1. The salad greens on the salad bar were drenched in water. We had to ask them to replace them. 2. We asked the waitress twice for steak sauce and never received any. 3. We asked for bread at the beginning of the meal and finally received it at the end of the meal. 4. While at the salad bar, we heard employees in the kitchen yelling and apparently fighting with each other. 5. Our wine was served with bits of cork in the first glasses we received and we had to send them back. 6. We had to keep asking the waitress to have the "meat guys" to bring us meat. 7. The meat that was served was not flavorful at all and was tough.
- Don't waste your time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012The place looked the a hole-in-wall. They only serve all the meats after a certain time. If we had known this we would have booked for a later time. The gratuity rate was extreamly high! Out of my group of four, three of us threwup our food a few hours later, and my mother broke out with some type of reaction on her mouth.
- The beef offerings are best,QueenBVIPDined on 11/2/2012The beef offerings are best, although the chicken (with bacon) was juicy and tender. I've been to several Brazilian steakhouses and never had moist chicken. Also wonderful was the pork, but leave the lamb alone. Salad bar was good, but we were there for the meat. Service was great, seemed to be a group effort which was nice, and the "gauchos", while not authentically Brazilian, were much more pleasant than at similar restaurants in my experience. If anything our server was too anxious to clear up drink glasses and plates (don't make me have to hand you our dessert plates when we've paid and are almost out the door).
- The food was good, but I wastangochrisDined on 10/30/2012The food was good, but I was disappointed with what was offered. I had read their menu on-line before going and was expecting more of a variety.Special Features:
- They were clearly under staffedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012They were clearly under staffed and poorly traind in service. We were not seated untill thirty min. after our reservation time. The food was good but not as good or with as much variety as the first time we dined here. I doubt we will return.
- Excellent PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012I took my Husband, Brother and sister-in-law out to dinner at Folia Steakhouse. I services was Great. I had a chance to speak with the Chef and the Gentlemen that brought the meats out were Great. They didn't rush or harrass you to get the food. My brother is in the Military from Japan and they gave him Big Thanks for serving OUR Country. GREAT PLACESpecial Features:
- We have been to Folia twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2012We have been to Folia twice not. The ambiance is decent. The salad buffet was differently each time we went. The first time was definitely better. We dined on a Saturday night and I don't think they were able to keep up with the crowd as the salad buffet was missing items and low on items the whole time. We also waiting quite a long time for meat and rolls. I would recommend Folia as a special treat only if you have a coupon. I would have been very disappointed if we paid full price for our meal on Saturday.Special Features:
- Dinner was good for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2012Dinner was good for the price we paid, but if not for the Groupon, I would not go back. If I have to pay full price for a Brazilian meal, I would choose another restaurant.Special Features:
- Good grouponDixonatorDined on 10/23/2012Pretty good food. I suggest dimming the lights at night (not too low) but the place was very bright.Special Features:
- The service was very disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2012The service was very disappointing. We almost walked out at one point. After getting seated, we sat for about 10-15 minutes before getting any service. We had to ask to be helped. Someone finally came over & told us we could start on the salad bar. We began to eat & had no drinks for another 10 minutes, even after stopping someone to ask for them. At this point, the meat was being served to various tables and they just walked past us on several occassions, although we had our cards turned up to "yes, please". When they did start to serve us, it was always the last piece or two. All this being said, I will say, it got better as the night went on. And the meat servers were very friendly and personable.
- My belief that this a relativelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2012My belief that this a relatively new restaurant or they had quit a few new servers and wait staff. The food was solid, but the waitress we had was a newbie, had to ask for things multiple times and did not know how to open a bottle of wine. The meat servers were ineperienced and lacked charisma, there was only one that had a general interest and a rapport with anyone at our table. The food was the saving grace, the meats were solid.Special Features:
- A Bad Second VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2012This was my second time here and I have to say I was disappointed. The staff is young but upon my last visit that was a plus because they were energetic and wanted to get things right. This past weekend this young staff showed their inexperience by not providing entree plates. The carving server passed our table 4 times prior to stopping even though our card was green. He did not ask how we liked our meet but was informed by his co-workers. Prior to us leaving another carving server was added (that is another thing the food was slow coming out) but this server was on it. He even shared that Rib-Eye prices had gone up and they were no longer offered at this time. I most likely will not be back but I did enjoy it enough to try it twice.
- We had a wonderful time.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2012We had a wonderful time. The food was great. The servers and waitresses were attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- While the food was very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2012While the food was very good, the service needs some improvement. The hostess was incredibly rude and acted completely unprofessional. She demanded that we sit at a table right next to the salad bar even though there were plenty of more desirable tables available and tried to argue with us over it. Unfortunately her behavior ruined our experience at this restaurant and we will not be returning.
- Only beer and wine. WaitedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Only beer and wine. Waited 20 after having a reservation. Then waited for service of meat choices throughout the whole evening. Meat mostly dry and not very many choices. Rolls were nothing special. Very noisy.
- Decent food - Dismal serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/13/2012From other reviews we decided that we should be there during a "busy" time because otherwise you mignt not get the meats you wanted. We were there and seated a little before 6:00pm. The restaurant was moderately full. We were there for 45 minutes and still had only been served 2 meats. First the meats were not coming out fast enough. Then there was the problem of our table. The meat servers would turn one way and run out of meat before reaching our table or they would turn the other way and be out of meat before reaching our table. We were there for over 1 1/2 hours and even though we kep asking did not receive any bread until after we had turned the card over. Once we did get the food it was tasty - we just didn't get enough!
- Negative Reviews Not True For UsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2012I was somewhat reluctant to go here to eat after reading all the negative reviews. Turns out the restaurant was really very nice. The atmosphere wasn't as nice as other Brazilian restaurants, but the food was great and so was the service. The pp cost was $10 less so it was ok. We were greeted and seated the minute we got there. Our water glasses were never empty, piping hot buns fresh out of the oven and fried bananas were replenished regularly. I had taken my 19 year old son who is a meat lover. I didn't have the meat, but he said the meat was wonderful and as good as they other restaurants. The meat came often and the portions were generous. The negative reveiws were wrong. A 18% gratuity was not automatically added.Special Features:
- Good alternative to FogoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Had a good time with friends for an early dinner. The food was ok, I would not compare them to Fogo De Chao, but it is an cheaper alternative if you are looking to eat Brazilian steakhouse meat. At 30 per plate, you will not be disappointed. However, you will have to remember and not expect Fogo taste. The salid bar was good,tried not to eat too much of the rice because I did not want to get to full. The meat was good. Some of the cuts (ribs and some steaks) were a bit fatty. The chicken and lamb had a good flavor. The problem is that it tasted that the seasons was just sprinkled on the meat instead of throughut the meat. If you have an extra 20, go to Fogo. If not, this is a good place.Special Features:
- I felt the quality of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2012I felt the quality of food was not worth the hefty $30 per person charge. Further, an 18% gratuity was automatically added to our bill. The food was okay, but nothing to write home about. I won't be returning.Special Features:
- The reviews for Foia wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/29/2012The reviews for Foia were tepid, so we were pleasantly surprised. The food was good, not great. In particularly some of the beef was quite good, including the bacon wrapped filet and the garlic flavored beef. The salad bar was adequate. One end of the salad bar was a variety of side items which were carbohydrate rich - rice, potatos, beans. No vegetables were offered. The service was attentive, but awkward and inexperienced. Someone said that Fogo de Chao is the Ritz Carlton and that this place is the Holiday Inn Express, a very accurate description.
- My plate overfloweth...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Amidst a quiet setting with soft lighting, the tables were simply set. First, my visit to the salad and sides buffet was good, not great, as the selections were okay, but not enough fresh items. Then the table service of delectable, fine cuts of different meats was great, and kept up at a side-bulging pace, until we had to turn our cards to red or bust our guts! The sweet bananas and cheese puffs were perfect endings to the intense meal, not too sweet, but certainly sweet and rich enough. A bit on the expensive side, especially if you add in drinks, but go hungry and you will be sated.Special Features:
- Extremely smaller than expected!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2012Extremely smaller than expected! Service was very slow to say the establishment was so small.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012The place had a great ambiance, from the moment we walked in until the moment we left we were not, at any time, dissatisfied. The place was very nice, the food was really good, the service was excellent. The one thing I do have to say that was not great was that towards the end of our meal, the servers would not come to our table despite our green card, perhaps because we were there for too long, but regardless of that, if it is an all-you-can-eat buffet, then I would expect the same kind of service throughout the entire time. Other than that, everything was great.Special Features:
- A Night to RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012We enjoyed our meal very much. The salad bar and the assorted meats were all great (but don't accept the swordfish if you don't like hot spicy food!) We especially liked the hot cheese appetizers that were served at the table, and they brought more when we requested them. The wait staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We had no trouble in using our Groupon and they even gave us a discount on our bottle of wine!Special Features:
- Ehh. If it want for the halfOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2012Ehh. If it want for the half off groupon, it would of been waaay overpriced.