Fogon Cocina Mexicana
600 E Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Fogon Cocina Mexicana
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fogonseattle.com/
- Phone: 2063207777x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00aam
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
A word from Fogon Cocina Mexicana
We are a family based restaurant with origins in Michoacán, Mexico. We offer a unique perspective on Mexican food to all the residents of Capitol Hill as well as a delicious tequila-based cocktail list. Come see us during Happy Hour for an Ultimate Margarita or any other time!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fogon Cocina Mexicana reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wonderful find!BergmaniacDined on 8/8/2014This is my favorite Capitol Hill restaurant. Good food, excellent margaritas, and outstanding staff (especially Omar).Special Features:
- Love this place!seafoodyDined on 6/27/2014This has become one of my favorite restaurants simply because it has a great friendly staff, the food is good, and I feel comfortable there. It has more of a local crowd, so it feels more neighborly and friendly. There are other Mexican restaurants nearby that have decent food, but the overall experience is not good. Fogon has it, and I always look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Mexican FoodMmeMVIPDined on 6/6/2014The food is the closest thing to authentic Mexican food that I've found in Seattle. I love good Mexican food so I was pleased that this place lived up to the hype. They offered an amuse bouche which was a pleasant surprise. The cocktails were also quite good. Two things that could have gone better: First we ended up having to wait almost 30 minutes even though we made a reservation and second, the waiter took my drink which was 1/4 full when I wasn't looking, he didn't even ask if I was done. I'm likely to go back and enjoy the delicious food.
- The following 21 reviews are from the Fogon Cocina Mexicana reviews archive.
- Loud, Non Spicy Food, Spicy Crowd5nightseatinoutDined on 5/5/2014If your looking for an update on the traditional mexican joint, Fogon delivers. Our waiter was great despite it being Cinco and the food surprisingly good but definitely on the mild side in many dishes that our party of 8 ordered. They make their own tortillas in-house including chips (great) and the salsa and quacamole are also winners. House margaritas went down easy and tamales excellent (killer sauce). Definitely a party crowd thats night. LOUD LOUD LOUD though especially when the marachi band - also great - played. Not so sure that was a good idea since the place - LOUD by design - was deafening then.We'd definitely try it again.Special Features:
- Excellent againJohnnyIVIPDined on 3/28/2014Great, lively scene. Popular place, strong drinks, affordable, wonderful food. Always a pleasant experience. I'd recommend reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumVlofdahlDined on 3/27/2014This place was awesome. Very good food and drinks. The waitstaff was attentive but not to the point of being annoying. They even gave us a free appetizer. The atmosphere was very pleasant not a big place but not tiny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional with a fresh takeJoelsBirthdayPartyDined on 2/28/2014I had a surprise birthday at Fogon for my first experience at the restaurant. I love Mexican food, and Fogon did an excellent job. Fogon started us out with a great tostada rather than the regular chips and salsa. I ordered Queso Fundido, my favorite food from when I stayed in Mexico as a child, and it was just like I remember. For the main course I had Enchiladas de Mariscos (Seafood) and it was excellent. Overall, the price for quality and quantity of food was great, and the young, busy atmosphere was a nice change from the ordinary tienda family restaurant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent to good Mexicanray2qDined on 1/26/2014Had a party of 8 and had no issue getting seated in a part of the restaurant that allowed for good conversation. The ambient noise from both music and other diners is a little high, but not off-putting. Very difficult to find parking near here, so I'd suggest cabbing it. Food was tasty and not over-cheesed like so many Mexican restaurants. Tamales could have been better but everything else was good. Seafood enchilada was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks!UCA83Dined on 1/23/2014I love their Milanesa and Margaritas!!! Lately, food got a bit smaller potion but still filling. Their ultimate margarita is also pretty good size:) And also, owner is a very nice guy:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here for a birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Went here for a birthday dinner with some friends on a Friday night before heading to some bars around the area. I was able to make a reservation for 6 the night before I went (not something very usual) and they kept our table ready for us. Good drinks and very good margaritas and guacamole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican Food!MarkDined on 11/22/2013We decided to try this place out based on all of the good reviews. The food and service was great! I decided to break my usual routine and tried the enchiladas with shrimp and crab in them. To my surprise they were really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!ShanaDined on 11/22/2013My friend and I were craving Mexican food so I turned to google for recommendations. Fogon had many high reviews and a great looking menu. I made a 7:00 pm reservation on a Friday night and they had a table waiting for us. The food and the drinks were delicious! Our server was attentive and had good recommendations. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013The food, the service, and the surroundings were great. The only bad thing was that the place was really loud. They need to put some noise tiles on their high ceilings. Otherwise, outstanding.Special Features:
- Mexican perfectionBoucletteDined on 10/23/2013If you're looking for real Mexican food you're at the right place. Everything was very tasteful ! I would definitely return to FOGON if I go back to Seatlle. Quebec, CanadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodAnabelleDined on 9/6/2013Loved the street tacos. They are the best and the sauce is delicious. My friends also seemed to enjoy their food :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Spend Your Money Here!CJ44VIPDined on 8/19/2013I would have preferred we ate at Taco Bell. The flavor would have been better and the bill much less expensive. The waitress all but ignored us and the other guests. I never once saw her smile. Had to ask repeatedly for water refills.
- Friendly, flexible and deliciousraychallDined on 7/20/2013We booked our Saturday night rez at the last minute the night before. Late Saturday, we realized we were going to have more people... they were very gracious and let us increase our group size even though OpenTable showed them as booked solid. All of us got different margaritas (ultimate, jalapeno, citrus) and they were all delicious...food was also awesome, especially the street tacos and the ceviche. Wasn't quite as stoked about the seafood enchiladas, but mainly because they seemed comparatively heavy - the flavors were still yum. Waiter was super attentive and friendly. Only downside was noise level, it's very loud when crowded and we had to shout to hear each other. Will return!Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/29/2013Have been here 3 times since they opened and I am always happy when I leave. The service is prompt and attentive, the food is good, and overall I think Fogon is reasonably priced. Of the 3 "nicer" Mexican places on cap hill (Fogon, Poquitos, Barrio) I think Fogon has the best food, widest menu options, best value, and most consistent service. I do think the margaritas/mixed drinks at all 3 restaurants are good, but would argue that barrio has the best drinks/bartenders.Special Features:
- Fresh food and great spotsoireequeenDined on 6/15/2013Two couples recently had dinner on a warm evening at Fogon. Our table was up against the huge open window on Pine Street which was perfect temperature and made for some interesting people watching (but we jumped everytime a skateboarder road by because it was really loud). I liked that they served the margaritas in vintage style champage glasses but gave you the entire cocktail shaker so you could refill your own glass at will (YUM)! We ordered the carne asada, the fish street tacos, and the veggie fajitas. Everyone cleaned their plates. All of the food was incredibly fresh!!! We ordered the salsa sampler and you could tell it had been prepared that morning. I highly recommend Fogon!Special Features:
- Really delicious, not-your-average-GoofusDined on 5/9/2013Really delicious, not-your-average-Mexican-joint food. Fresh tortillas! Good service. Not heavy on options for kids. Mine spent a lot of time scraping onions off their street tacos, but on a subsequent visit, we asked for all the fixins to be left off and the waiter was very nice about that (and the kids ate). Caramel-filled churros! Gilding the lily, but the kids scarfed them down. If they had a simple kid's plate, that would go a long way. But! My chile verde served with handmade tortillas was so delicious. Fresh, spicy, complex flavors. A different animal than you get at your "regular" Mexican place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun "quatro de Mayo"OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/4/2013Despite being super busy, service and food were great. Tasty margaritas. Not too Americanized -- spicy dishes were spicy, light on the cheese/sauce factor. Nice addition to the weak Mexican food scene in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the Margarita's were great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013All the Margarita's were great! They accommodated our large Birthday group last minute and gave us some free appetizers. The guacamole was great, good salsa, and all the food was excellent, this is a gem!Special Features:
- Why make a reservation ifOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/16/2013Why make a reservation if we are going to be seated right next to the door during cold weather and have to move to the bar so that the temperature is tolerable?
- Delicious and FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013The service was excellent. I took my friendly server's recommendations for food and it was all delicious; he even charged my iPhone. It was a great time. They also had some good beer of tap, so that was a plus.Special Features: