Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - New York
40 W 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/
- Phone: 2129699980x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30-3:00; Dinner: Mon-Fri 5:30-11:00, Sat 4:30-11:00, Sun 4:00-10:00; Bar Fogo: Mon-Fri 11:30-11:00, Sat 12:00-11:00, Sun 12:00-10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - New York
Located in midtown Manhattan, our first restaurant in the Big Apple will be a short walk from Times Square and just steps away from MoMA. This prime location makes Fogo the ideal dining spot for locals, tourists and dignitaries. The stunning three level design will feature a lounge area that is perfect for gathering with friends along with private and semi-private dining areas to accommodate special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
253 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (160)special occasion (136)fit for foodies (111)great for lunch (69)romantic (50)notable wine list (50)hot spot (43)kid-friendly (28)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (15)late-night find (11)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Lala1dinesVIPDined on 8/27/2014For a price of $59.50 per person one gets to eat "all you can" from salad bar (wonderful and plenty of choices) and sixteen cuts of meat ( beef, pork, lamb, chicken and sausage). This also includes three side dishes. Great idea, however for someone who does not eat much, it seems "not cost effective" and unfortunately there is no alternative. So... come very hungry, eat slowly (there is no "rush" feeling at all) and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2014We were very disappointed with the quality of the meat served, at what is primarily a meat-focused menu. The salad bar was terrific -- we should have stayed with that! Of course, very pricey for just a salad bar! of the meat items we sampled, the chicken was the only stand-out. The quality of the meats served, combined with little exceptional seasoning left us very disppointed,
- If you like meat...Roadrunner2VIPDined on 8/20/2014Fogo de Chao is a physically beautiful, large but warm space. It is a churrascaria, a Brazilian meat restaurant. It starts with an OK salad bar (if I would recommend one thing, it is to improve the salad bar - good but nothing special), but the meal gets much better when the churrascaria begins to be served. Delicious! The wine list is an fine menu of South American, primarily Argentinian wines - why no Brazilian?, and the service is good, if a bit hurried. Seafood is non-existent; go only if you want meat - beef, lamb, pork. It has a bit of the chain flavor to it, not enough of the personal touches that make a New York restaurant experience so special. but it is a fine place for a steak meal, and a good place for a pretheatre mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our anniversary here...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014Great food - salad bar fresh and delish, meat tender, well marinated - to great service, ending with a surprise (to the upside!) of a free dessert thrown in to make the evening that much more special. Thank you for the good food and the extra attention to the special event in our lives.Special Features:
- I will Fogo again soon.sukebejijiDined on 8/18/2014Great space. Elegant decor. Food surpassed what was expected. One of the better Churrascarias I've been to. My favorite cut, picanha, was superb. The tres leche cake is a must have. Fogo now!Special Features:
- Very good as usualFooderVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great meat selection, professional service, worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The food was pretty good but over-priced for what it is.
- Great ExperienceKR155Dined on 8/15/2014I went here for Restaurant Week Summer 2014. The food was great- nice salad bar selection and freshly grilled meats (I think it helped that we were seated near the kitchen). The servers seemed a little lost, as we had to ask them multiple times for a wine list, but overall the service was pretty good. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014It was my first time to this restaurant and I must say I was not disappointed! Ther service was incredible and very attentive and the food was incredibly delicious!. It was definitely well worth the money and money well-spent, especially during restaurant week. I'm hoping they will join again for the winter restaurant week so I can bring more members of my family back with me!!!Special Features:
- Simply amazingMrGeeDined on 8/15/2014Food was amazing, between the large selection at the salad bar, there variety of meats being served ranged from "wow" to "divine". Would definitely love to make a second trip here sometimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS2hot4uDined on 8/15/2014The restauraut was amazing! Food and service was excellent which is very important! It is a very busy place but everything was in order. Everyone was so friendly and made sure our table was good at all times! EXCELLENT ALL THE WAY!!!Special Features:
- DesapointingMonacaroVIPDined on 8/14/2014We have been in other churascarias before even in Brasil and it was really good and fun. Here the food was just acceptable and the place was boring. Caipirinhas were not tasting, salad bar was poor... We won't go back there ever.
- tastytastdeDined on 8/13/2014I had an early dinner with my wife and the time of 5:30 was perfect. the dishes and service set up where all clean, the food prepared for us was delicious. the waiter service was attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- on a grand scaletraveltogoDined on 8/13/2014the place was very spacious and large. the food kept on coming. It was very enjoyable and fun. A good place for a group.Special Features:
- Great experiencemikeDined on 8/11/2014Fogo de Chao is a great experience. The salad bar is huge and the meats are a great quality and unlimited. The rodizio service style keep sit fun and interesting. A little pricey but for a special occasion or if you can take advantage of a deal it's well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EnergySandi1957Dined on 8/9/2014We had a group of six and it was perfect for dinner before the theater. The wait staff was attentive and knowledgable and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Plenty of different types of tasty meat. Nice service as well.
- Very good meatJujuVIPDined on 8/8/2014Loved the meat and salad bar. The banana is a plus as well as the polenta. Missed more Brazilian deserts though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week MustnajberryDined on 8/8/2014Fogo De Chao is a great choice for Restaurant Week. The salad bar is extensive and everything is fresh. When it comes to the meat it is either a complete hit or miss. For instance the top sirloin was unbearably salty but the lamb was so succulent. The desserts were nothing special and should have been refrigerated for longer but they weren't meant to be the center of attention anyway. Just make sure to try all the meats so one knows what he or she prefers. Overall worthy of a trip.Special Features:
- SeanDined on 8/8/2014Basically, one of the best meals I can remember. And during restaurant week! Every single one of the meats that I tried was absolutely on point (though a piece of parmesean steak had a little too much fat to it, the rest of it was awesome), and the bacon-wrapped chicken was probably my favorite. The salad bar was excellent and expanisve - a perfect compliment to the main dishes. And the desserts were small and light, a great way to wrap things up. A bit pricey to visit outside of restaurant week, but maybe for my birthday! Definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014KJ2014Dined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed the food but was a bit disappointed when I asked one of the hostesses if we can have rack of lamb too but told us that it's not available for restaurant week and if we want it, we should come back as a "regular dinner guest". Kind of a weird response but I tried not to think much of it. I've been to Fogo de Chao in Philadelphia a few times and NYC's definitely was just as delicious. The service was great other than that odd comment by that hostess. Servers were great and food was delicious! Love Fogo de Chao!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceIsabel92Dined on 8/7/2014My boyfriend and came here for my birthday during restaraunt week. It was all around a great experience. It wasn't your typical sit down dinner, it was much more enjoyable and lively. We both loved being able to try a variety of different meats as well as the delicious salad bar that we were able to visit often. The staff was very accommodating and attentive which made the experience that much more special. I would definitely reccomend fogo de chao to anyone looking for a great restaraunt and a great time . It was a wonderful place and I am looking forward to visiting again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!MeldyDined on 8/7/2014Very nice restaurant...wide variety and selection. Meats cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysbbessaDined on 8/7/2014I have been to a few different Fogo de Chao across the country and the food and the service are always amazing. The staff was very friendly. Most people wouldn't think about going to a steakhouse if they are vegetarian, but the salad bar is amazing. As a vegetarian myself, I would definitely recommend this place (as long as you are not bothered by having meat around you). And make sure to try their lemonade; it is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly well organizeddisappointedDined on 8/6/2014The restaurant, on several levels, is well designed, but more importantly, well organized. The service was attentive, despite the huge dining area, and the food was both generous and delicious.Special Features:
- You Will Be Well-FedJRFoodDined on 8/6/2014We enjoyed this place beyond belief. Our mouths were open as the expertly prepared meats kept coming and coming. The restaurant itself is elegant and a pleasure to visit.Special Features:
- Not impressedCariocanycDined on 8/6/2014To begin with the decor and restaurant is absolutely beautiful for an upscale steakhouse. From hostess to waitor the attention is remarkable. Now the food- we went during restaurant week so I don't feel bad paying $25 for what we got for lunch . There isn't feijoada which is a Brazilian staple, the black beans offered don't even come close. They place 4 items on the table as you make your way to the salad bar. No fruits offered at all. Overall not a bad place, you pay for location not the food. There are plenty of brazilian restaurants that have same, if not Better authentic food.
- Fantastic!MoneypennyVIPDined on 8/5/2014Recently dined for restaurant week and everything we had including the drinks was delicious. Staff was very attentive. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!NathydDined on 8/5/2014Restaurant week lunch was such a good deal! Salad bar is amazing, everything looks fresh and it was delicious. The meats kept coming and all tasted great. Nothing bad to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding. A must.JockDined on 8/5/2014Great for a business meeting to a romantic dinner. Atmosphere was fabulous. Staff totally on point . They are very attentive and extremely pleasant. They work as a team to ensue the customer every wish is anticipated and met. The food was awesome. I can truely say it was very similar to Brazil with a better salad bar. If there is one restaurant everyone visiting New York should visit Fogo de Chao is it. We have been restaurant hopping and we are going back with additional friends to follow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week NotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I made the reservation under the assumption that they honor restaurant week. When I got there they said it's only Monday -Friday. For a buffet style the sides dishes & the salad bar was nothing impressive. The meat is the best thing they offer however the better quality meats took longer to come around like the filet mignon. I understand it's manhattan but they price for what they are offering I would rather go to rainhas in queens. It's a very beautiful restaurant but nothing that special to come back too.Special Features:
- Lots O' Meat!cdcxprssDined on 8/1/2014This was our first time dining at Fogo de Chao. It just happened to be NYC Restaurant Week! The lighting was low and we were met at the bottom of the steps by a hostess. She led us to our seats, then our waiter told us how it works and pointed us to the salad bar. We turned our coaster over to the green side and the meat just poured in. I honestly was not in love with all the sides, but ALL of the meat was divine. There were various options of chicken, beef, lamb and pork. ALL the meat was amazing! The dessert was pretty good too. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014I went for 'restaurant week' and I must say that this churrascaria is fantastic! The ambiance is great, and the food was delicious. Once your waiter seats you, your are to go to the salad bar to choose what you wish (rice, beans, mixed greens, etc.) when you return to your table you turn your disk to 'green' and the meat waiters will come by your table to cut you a thin slice of the type of meat you would like to have (no worries, they ask if you prefer 'well done, medium rare or rare). Once you have had enough rounds of the salad bar and meats, you will then be given a choice a 3 desserts. I chose the chocolate mousse and it was delightful. I highly recommend this restaurant - you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Meats Meats Meats!thomahawk69Dined on 7/31/2014Went here for restaurant week. $38 dinner with unlimited meats and sides. Even though the meat selection was limited to 7 or 8 (as opposed to the normal 17 cuts - but for $59), it was well worth it. The house sirloin was delicious and the ribs were phenomenal. Would definitely go back again, but not a the regular price unless it is a special occasion. Expect to gain a few pounds after the meal.Special Features:
- Good For restaurant WeekObieDined on 7/31/2014Went with 3 girlfriend mid week. We were seated promptly, service was awesome and food was great. Sometimes for the restaurant week you feel like you're not getting the best, but this was a pretty good selection. We went with the restaurant week menu and had a drink apiece was affordable. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful restaurant!FitFoodieDined on 7/31/2014A beautiful and well-stocked salad bar with great variety. The meats were also very good, but a bit bland. Our favorite was the pork sausage. The restaurant has a great ambience and a large dining area. Although the tables were close together, you could still maintain a conversation without having to shout. The service was the best part. The waiters work together so you'll be served by more than one. They provided a great recommendation for wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful surprise!Loves2letotherscookDined on 7/31/2014Fogo de Chao was such fun! It was a different and pleasant experience. The hostess and the waitstaff were very cheerful, attentive and helpful. The Restaurant Week lunch was really delicious and we enjoyed the huge salad bar as well as the many opportunities to choose and enjoy slices and servings of various meats. The desserts were very good too. I have already recommended this restaurant to a lot of my friends and it is so interesting to find that this is across the street from MOMA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat coma in Midtown.CNJFoodieDined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed a nice NYC Restaurant Week lunch with my sister at Fogo de Chao and it was worth the visit. The various meat offerings were all good with the standouts being the house cut picanha (top sirloin) and fraldinha (bottom sirloin). The parmesan crusted pork was ok as was the lamb. There was a pretty large and fresh selection at the buffet bar as well. Service was outstanding with all servers being attentive and quick to clear plates, fill water, and ask about our experience. I will have to try the full Fogo de Chao dinner one day (which includes beef filet, beef ribs, beef ribeye, and lamb chops).Special Features:
- TriceVIPDined on 7/30/2014An enjoyable fun filled dinner. Easy, comfortable midtown spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Better Restaurant WeekKBLopDined on 7/30/2014I made this dinner reservation during restaurant week. It was early (5:30 was the only time available) but there were a number of other diners. The space is large but below ground-level and doesn't quite shake that garage feel. The waitstaff were all very pleasant and efficient. I never had to ask for more water or a fresh plate. The show case was the meat of course and it was delicious. Items at the salad bar were also impressive and very fresh. I would return with any of my more carnivorous friends. There were two very minor annoyances. First, they only seat complete parties which is understandable given that diners probably stay longer than at other places. Second, I got fat in my eye while collecting a slice beef. Still worth going.Special Features: