Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - New York
40 W 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/
- Phone: 2129699980x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30-3:00; Dinner: Mon-Fri 5:30-11:00, Sat 4:30-11:00, Sun 4:00-10:00; Bar Fogo: Mon-Fri 11:30-11:00, Sat 12:00-11:00, Sun 12:00-10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - New York
Located in midtown Manhattan, our first restaurant in the Big Apple will be a short walk from Times Square and just steps away from MoMA. This prime location makes Fogo the ideal dining spot for locals, tourists and dignitaries. The stunning three level design will feature a lounge area that is perfect for gathering with friends along with private and semi-private dining areas to accommodate special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
260 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (175)special occasion (136)fit for foodies (114)great for lunch (68)notable wine list (54)romantic (51)hot spot (42)kid-friendly (27)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (17)late-night find (14)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- almost as good as in brazilOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014we have been many times in brazil at fogo de chao and that's the main reason to try the new one in NYC. meat is great and service very good. it is very close to the original one in brazil.Special Features:
- Genuine Brazilian BBQhalfsingDined on 10/27/2014I have been to Sao Paolo many times and always go for Brazilian BBQ while there, including Fogo de Chao. I can guarantee that their NY restaurant is 100% authentic and 100% excellent. Great salad bar, great meat and great service. Highly recommended!! Had their house red (malbec) last time at lunch - also quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experiance and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014For beef lovers a Brazilian barbeque is a must and therefore as the best its type Fogo de Chao is a must. Even if your not an absolute beef lover the atmosphere and unique style of cooking and serving make it a fun place to experience. It is classy without being stuffy. The wait staff is polite and attentive.Special Features:
- Not just steak !BBQatBlueSmokeDined on 10/20/2014Steak was unbelievably good. Quantity and quality are both there. Excellent salad bar too if you want to go protein lite !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience, would come backNYFoodie2012Dined on 10/16/2014Good service. Good food, although the meat was generally not as tender as I had hoped. Still a very good experience though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left wanting moreLuv2eatDined on 10/16/2014I know it's A LOT of meat but everyhing was delicious! The service was very good. I came in with my baby and stroller and a good of friends and the waiters werr very attentive. I left wanting more food because everything was so good. Come with an appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!internallyobeseDined on 10/13/2014Went here for my birthday and I absolutely loved it. The salad bar was filled with different types of meats and cheeses, which were all fantastic. The proscuitto was on point. For the main course, I was a fan of the rib eye, filet mignon, and lamp chops. The sirloin, chicken, and leg of lamb were alright. I like my steaks medium-rare and usually I got it medium-rare, but on occasion some of the cuts I got were a bit too cooked, but since it's all you can eat anyways you can just toss it to the side and just keep ordering. I'm not sure why they had some meats cooked medium-well to well done. No one should be eating steak cooked more than medium, just my 2 cents. Other than that, great place, will come back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inattentivechapsDined on 10/13/2014The team approach resulted in poor uncoordinated service; a significant departure from service i have recieved before. No lables of items on salad bar also disappointing; my guest found this especially challenging since she had not been there before.Special Features:
- Below expectationOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/4/2014I have been to other brazilian churrascaria, so I can do comparison. Fogo de Chao overall is under expectation. The salad bar selection has A LOT less offerings. They don't tell you in advance that they charge additional $24 for shrimp cocktail (only 5 shrimps - way over priced!) In the other brazilian churrascaria I've been to, the shrimp cocktail is included in the salad bar selection, you get as many as you want. The meat offering I'd say is probably about the same. They don't tell you in advance that there is a complimentary dessert. We have two people dining, and we only ordered one so we missed out on one more complimentary dessert. We totally don't like way that they don't tell you what's extra what is included in advance!!
- Underwhelmingfoodlover77Dined on 10/1/2014I went to Fogo on a Wednesday night with high expectations of delicious grilled food. The highlight of the night however was the Salad Bar and the Side Dishes, neither of which were worth the high prices of this restaurant. While there was plenty of grilled meat options most were unappetizing (my boyfriend couldn't get over the gaminess and smokiness of the meat all night regardless of what he drank or ate). If you are looking for a Brazilian steakhouse experience this is not the place to go. While service was WONDERFUL, the food really fell short of the hype on their website.Special Features:
- Heaven for meat loversNatalyDined on 10/1/2014I have been Fago de Chao in Atlanta for many times and was looking forward to have it here in the City. It is the traditional Brazilian restaurant where you have a card on your table one side is green the other side is red, and as long as your card is green, they come around with the different meats. Cut after cut of beef are more tender and juicy than you could have hoped for. Chicken, pork, sausage, and other following meat were no let downs. My favorite ones are Picanha, Filet Mignon and Alcatra... Their salad bar is amazing too... In short if you are true meat lover, this is the place you would like to go.Special Features:
- RED means stopNewYorkNancyDined on 9/29/2014This churrascaria is amazing . . . from the fresh, appealing salad bar to the never ending served meats. It also comes with wonderful, friendly service. Turning your card over to red is supposed to give you a break from the serving waiters but if your dining companion doesn't do the same then you're in for more offerings, like it or not and it's hard to say no.Special Features:
- Was pretty good okBrklynmaitaiDined on 9/26/2014Seen better choices at salad bar. Meat parade was tasty. It was about $100/person with a drink. Been there done that probably won't do it again...I think rather spend it at a steak house.Special Features:
- Meat Lover's ParadiseMrBWDined on 9/25/2014This restaurant is perfect for meat-loving foodies… The staff is extremely friendly, courteous and helpful. The service was prompt, and the meat tastes fantastic. It's a Brazilian style buffet… in other words, you pick your salad and sides, and they just keep bringing different cuts of meat until you're full and you give up. The only tiny little downside is that they say they'll bring 16 cuts of meat, but they ended bringing say about… 8 or 9 types and repeating those a few times. So by the time we gave in, we started seeing em bring other things we would have liked but we were already too stuffed. Other than that little snafu, it was fantastic.Special Features:
- Good churrascariaMiguelIVDined on 9/21/2014This was my first time at the restaurant which I learned opened on November 2013. Very good ambiance, beautiful place, meat of very good quality. Service could be a bit more attentive, specially from the waiters bringing the meat cuts. Towards the end of our meal, we felt like they really wanted us to leave so they could use the table, and we had been at the restaurant only for an hour. Anyway, food was good, I might consider returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SolidAHadlVIPDined on 9/20/2014I brought my staff here for our company dinner. We were seated promptly upon arrival and thorough explanations were given about the Fogo process. The service was attentive and friendly and everything tasted wonderful. It was a solid dining experience and will be joining them again.Special Features:
- UnimpressedWineAndDineDined on 9/16/2014So disappointed. We love Churrascarias and we're hoping this would become our newest spot. No such luck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelenteSantinoVIPDined on 9/7/2014He conocido casi todos los Fogo de Chao de USA y Brazil y este es el de los más grandes y el más bonito de todos. El servicio fue excelente y la carne buenísima. Ya hacia falta un Fogo de Chao en New York.Special Features:
- Better than RiochapsDined on 9/6/2014Excellent salad bar! All ingredients were fresh and options were amazing. Meats were delicious and servers appropriately attentive. Managers also helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicioustiwaworksDined on 9/1/2014gotta love fogo de chao!! ALways great delicious good and fit for anyone with a big appetite !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and worth a visitSarahInThisCityDined on 8/31/2014It's not fine dining/blow your socks off, but everything is tasty and good quality. It's all you can eat, so if the men in your life like a big eat, this is a good place to take them. Not great for vegetarians or pescetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lala1dinesVIPDined on 8/27/2014For a price of $59.50 per person one gets to eat "all you can" from salad bar (wonderful and plenty of choices) and sixteen cuts of meat ( beef, pork, lamb, chicken and sausage). This also includes three side dishes. Great idea, however for someone who does not eat much, it seems "not cost effective" and unfortunately there is no alternative. So... come very hungry, eat slowly (there is no "rush" feeling at all) and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2014We were very disappointed with the quality of the meat served, at what is primarily a meat-focused menu. The salad bar was terrific -- we should have stayed with that! Of course, very pricey for just a salad bar! of the meat items we sampled, the chicken was the only stand-out. The quality of the meats served, combined with little exceptional seasoning left us very disppointed,
- One of the best experiences...ckmoore1130Dined on 8/23/2014My wife, two lifelong friends and I had the most exquisite evening and it started here. We truly enjoyed the ambiance and the food. It was a great break for all of us away from the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerNoahVIPDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I have dined at Fogo de Chao in other cities, but not yet at this new franchise in Manhattan. We had absolutely wonderful dining experiences at the Fogo de Chao in Atlanta, so we made reservations here on our anniversary. The service was impeccable, and the ambience and overall environment were very good. Unfortunately, the food itself wasn't quite as good as what we had in Atlanta. There wasn't as much variety in terms of cuts of meat and the salad bar wasn't as large and diverse. It was still very good, but I'm not sure we'd return to the New York restaurant for a churrascaria experience. It's not that they did anything wrong, but others do it better.Special Features:
- If you like meat...Roadrunner2VIPDined on 8/20/2014Fogo de Chao is a physically beautiful, large but warm space. It is a churrascaria, a Brazilian meat restaurant. It starts with an OK salad bar (if I would recommend one thing, it is to improve the salad bar - good but nothing special), but the meal gets much better when the churrascaria begins to be served. Delicious! The wine list is an fine menu of South American, primarily Argentinian wines - why no Brazilian?, and the service is good, if a bit hurried. Seafood is non-existent; go only if you want meat - beef, lamb, pork. It has a bit of the chain flavor to it, not enough of the personal touches that make a New York restaurant experience so special. but it is a fine place for a steak meal, and a good place for a pretheatre mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our anniversary here...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014Great food - salad bar fresh and delish, meat tender, well marinated - to great service, ending with a surprise (to the upside!) of a free dessert thrown in to make the evening that much more special. Thank you for the good food and the extra attention to the special event in our lives.Special Features:
- I will Fogo again soon.sukebejijiDined on 8/18/2014Great space. Elegant decor. Food surpassed what was expected. One of the better Churrascarias I've been to. My favorite cut, picanha, was superb. The tres leche cake is a must have. Fogo now!Special Features:
- Very good as usualFooderVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great meat selection, professional service, worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The food was pretty good but over-priced for what it is.
- Great ExperienceKR155Dined on 8/15/2014I went here for Restaurant Week Summer 2014. The food was great- nice salad bar selection and freshly grilled meats (I think it helped that we were seated near the kitchen). The servers seemed a little lost, as we had to ask them multiple times for a wine list, but overall the service was pretty good. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014It was my first time to this restaurant and I must say I was not disappointed! Ther service was incredible and very attentive and the food was incredibly delicious!. It was definitely well worth the money and money well-spent, especially during restaurant week. I'm hoping they will join again for the winter restaurant week so I can bring more members of my family back with me!!!Special Features:
- Simply amazingMrGeeDined on 8/15/2014Food was amazing, between the large selection at the salad bar, there variety of meats being served ranged from "wow" to "divine". Would definitely love to make a second trip here sometimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS2hot4uDined on 8/15/2014The restauraut was amazing! Food and service was excellent which is very important! It is a very busy place but everything was in order. Everyone was so friendly and made sure our table was good at all times! EXCELLENT ALL THE WAY!!!Special Features:
- DesapointingMonacaroVIPDined on 8/14/2014We have been in other churascarias before even in Brasil and it was really good and fun. Here the food was just acceptable and the place was boring. Caipirinhas were not tasting, salad bar was poor... We won't go back there ever.
- tastytastdeDined on 8/13/2014I had an early dinner with my wife and the time of 5:30 was perfect. the dishes and service set up where all clean, the food prepared for us was delicious. the waiter service was attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find!YPadVIPDined on 8/13/2014I had a family lunch here. We just love the cheese bread there and we had to box one to go. The service was attentive and appropriate. Love the meat there too! Overall, a very nice spot for family meals.Special Features:
- on a grand scaletraveltogoDined on 8/13/2014the place was very spacious and large. the food kept on coming. It was very enjoyable and fun. A good place for a group.Special Features:
- Great experiencemikeDined on 8/11/2014Fogo de Chao is a great experience. The salad bar is huge and the meats are a great quality and unlimited. The rodizio service style keep sit fun and interesting. A little pricey but for a special occasion or if you can take advantage of a deal it's well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EnergySandi1957Dined on 8/9/2014We had a group of six and it was perfect for dinner before the theater. The wait staff was attentive and knowledgable and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.