Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Minneapolis
645 Hennepin Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/
- Phone: 6123381344
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5;00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Minneapolis
Fogo de Chão® (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo® began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)good for groups (100)fit for foodies (73)notable wine list (38)romantic (35)great for lunch (34)hot spot (29)kid-friendly (11)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DinnerDatenightersVIPDined on 10/17/2014Food was good, never waited for the meat, lots of selection. A bit too loud and too much activity to enjoy conversation. Overall enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go hungry...jodiVIPDined on 10/16/2014Fogo is expensive, but delicious. The "gauchos" bring skewers of perfectly-cooked meat to you including beef, chicken, pork and lamb, whenever you want them to. Their salad bar is gorgeous and available to order separately if you don't want meat. You get a few sides but the main focus is the meat. It is truly delicious. Kids 12 and under are half price and mine ordered brazillian soda pop ($4 each) and I had a glass of wine. Their wine list is huge and the wine cellar is a glassed in wall between the bar and the restaurant. The service is wonderful! They are very attentive, both with removing things (used plates) and replenishing things (beverages, plates, silverware). Make sure you're hungry when you get there!Special Features:
- SkolDined on 10/12/2014What a fantastic place to wine and dine. First time visitor and went with another couple and could not have been any happier. The service was outstanding. The food was everything a person dreams of right down to the Desert.Special Features:
- Great food but a lot of add onsDanSDined on 10/12/2014Haven't been here in a while but, as in the past, the food was great. Wonderful salad bar, good side dishes and outstanding meats. For someone who enjoys meat, its hard to beat the endless amount of good food. However, I was somewhat disappointed by the add ons, including $14 for a side of shrimp and TINY bottles of soda for $3 with no refills. Pretty crazy at this price point, particularly the sodas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAnnaDined on 10/12/2014If you love a good steak, you will love fogo de chao. It is by no means light on the budget but if you are seeking a special place to celebrate with delicious food and great service fogo de chao is a good choice. Their salad bar is worthy of being a meal on its own, as are the sides. So even a no meat eater can be happy here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014This was my first visit and it was not the greatest. They did not have 2 bottles of wine we ordered, the steak was mediocre, and the ribs were tough. The only saving grace was Jay, the manager, who came over to assist our waitress since she pressured us into trying to order a more expensive bottle of wine and couldn't bring us what we wanted. He gave us a more expensive bottle for a discounted price, personal attention and a free dessert. He was very generous.Special Features:
- Fun time!SansreazonDined on 10/10/2014This was my second visit. Like before, the servers were attentive, the food was delicious, and the wine list was notable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/8/2014exceptional service!!!!!!!!!! Great Salad bar wonderful selection of entreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $50 per person!!???GoldenputrDined on 10/4/2014My husband has been wanting to try Fogo.The best part of the evening was the fact that they could get us in earlier than our reservation. We usually like to have a drink before dinner in the bar, the bar is tiny and was packed. I am not a big 'buffet' diner which is basically what this is.Go to the 'salad bar' and fill yourself up with those items then they serve meat at the table.We continually received the same three meat options until I husband asked specifically for 3 other items.He did get two of them but we never did see the filet. The meat I had had good flavor but all of the beef was very fatty and not that good.If you are not a big eater like myself the $50 per person charge is a huge waste of money.Good place for the guys to dine.
- Enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014Food was perfect. All of the meats and side dishes were excellent. It was however very busy and had to wait to be seated almost 30 minutes past our reservation. We were going to a concert so this left us with less time to eat. Staff was very friendly and helpful but again were very busy. Would recommend that if you are going before a concert or game that you get earlier reservations than you think you need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is unbelievableMeatlovershangoutDined on 9/30/2014You never lack for service. The wait staff and gauchos work together to make sure your needs are met even when you are not sure what your needs might be (like more to drink in your glass or cheese popovers that are warm on your table). Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeatBoone121Dined on 9/26/2014If your a vegetarian stay at home. This is all meat baby.Special Features:
- Reservations don't matter!luveatingoutDined on 9/20/2014Per usual, the food at Fogo was great. Rarely do we complain about the quality of food. What was very disappointing on this visit is that we had 8pm reservations and weren't seated until 8:45. I don't think we have ever been seated immediately upon arriving for our reservations at Fogo (usually about 15 min) but this most recent trip was the worst we have experienced. I understand it is hard to control how long people stay but perhaps they need to re-evaluate how they take reservations as this seems to be the norm and not the exception at Fogo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Food was delicious. I love the tasting menu on MondaysSpecial Features:
- Meat coma never felt soooo goodEatsmeatDined on 9/6/2014We booked with open table. We arrived on time the lovely staff sat us right away and the gordging began. It was carcus bliss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodLPigDined on 9/5/2014Fogo is a fun experience anytime you go. It's especially fun for first timers. The meats are very tasty and well prepared. The service is extremely good and seems to continually improve. They want you to be happy. This is a fun date night or special occasion restaurant. They did not have Salmon on the salad bar this visit which is disappointing. Fogo needs a better vessel for the mashed potatoes as they get cold very quickly in the stainless dish. I recommend this restaurant for both food and service.Special Features:
- Great foodLuv2eatDined on 9/3/2014This restaurant gives you the best of two worlds. A wonderful, eat all you can, salad bar and savory meat choices. You are not inundated with too much food. You control how much and gives you the choice of resting between adding more meat to your plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoyaltymskenoDined on 9/1/2014I always feel like a queen when dining at Fogo. The constant attention and fabulous service keeps me going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ food- Service poorgammaetaVIPDined on 8/31/2014Second time at this restaurant. This experience was nothing like my first. Food is outstanding. It is a meat lovers paradise. Although we had reservations we were given a buzzer and told we had to wait 5 -10 minutes. 15 minutes later we were escorted to our table. My wife ordered simply grilled chicken breast and they were accommodating however she did not receive it until I finished my meal. First time was on a week night. This time was a Sunday night and they seemed overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Not for lunchChefeffieVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been to this restaurant a couple times before for dinner, which is why our adult son requested it specially for his birthday. The salad bar only option is appreciated. We did not appreciate the screaming small children! It was so distracting from the dining experience, and I couldn't help but think I wish I had gone elsewhere to spend my money. The manager was very understanding, however, they try to make everyone welcome to the restaraunt, and I understand that, but parents with very young children should get a baby sitter if their young children are not quiet during the lunch time.Special Features:
- SPECIAL DINING EXPERIENCE!minnesotamomDined on 8/28/2014My family and I went to Fogo de Chao's last week for the first time. My son actually requested it for his birthday. It is a man's paradise with ten different meats (as much as you would like) and a remarkable salad bar to go with them. My son and husband were in heaven and loved this restaurant! The only drawback was the price...it is expensive; so, even though my husband and son would love to go regularly, this restaurant would be a special-event-only restaurant for most people. My daughter and I also thought that the meat was incredible; but neither of us are big meat eaters, so we enjoyed their unique salad bar. Overall, we thought it was a wonderful experience and will try to go back at least twice a year for the "boys."Special Features:
- Love the selection of meats!MeganDined on 8/24/2014It was an ease to get right into the salad bar (fantastic) and right down to the meat. Good luck getting much chicken or filet wrapped in bacon, I got 2. Other than that I love this place.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencecouldEatMeat4everDined on 8/23/2014All of the wait staff are amicable and very friendly and the kitchen simply puts out some of the best product in the industry. The variation of meats, the doneness and spices are mouthwatering every time. I have been to Fogo de Chao on several occasions and the meals have been excellent every time. The buffet is excellent also- everything is still fresh towards the end of the evening. It's a but pricey, but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An extra special nightLuv2HudsonDined on 8/23/2014The perfect place to take a good friend for his birthday...excellent salad bar, meat choices superb and a wait team that exceeded expectations. Extra steps to make the night special were taken by all who worked at Fogo...thanks for s great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysSparkyDined on 8/23/2014Fogo de Chao is just the greatest Brazilian restaurant, we can go wherever we want for Brazilian food but every time we agree that Fago de Chao is the best. Very Professional staff, very attentive, friendly, if you want a certain cut you just tell them they make sure you get it and always ask if you got what you wanted and if you want something else, even that the meat servers are running with the meat, but sometime you want something else, they always make sure that you as customer are happy. Valet Parking right in front of restaurant is great. starts at 5pm cost only $10, you can self park 2 blocks away for $11... so i think thats self explanatory where i parkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timeAdelZDined on 8/22/2014We eat here regularly. This time the meat was not yet ready and we frequently sat with empty plates waiting. Amongst our party were non meat eaters. The salad bar was good but could do with some new items. In the past they brought out sauces to go with the meat. They no longer do this and when we asked nothing happened even though the waiter said they would! The manager was nice and his personal service saved the day.Special Features:
- Meat ParadeskinnyphoenixDined on 8/16/2014This place has some very awesome meat! And there is a lot of it. They come around quite often and you need to pace yourself. The meat is so tender and delicious. It is pretty expensive - but worth the experience.Special Features:
- Lots of meatWoodyDined on 8/16/2014I enjoyed our first time at FDC. Everything was very good although no particular cut/selection rose to the outstanding level. Service was almost over the top (too much). IMHO value (for what they charge...) is not quite there. Good for a one time experience and maybe a second to introduce someone else, but it's not the sort of place I'd seek out to repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DiscerningDinerDined on 8/15/2014Everything at Fogo de Chao was absolutely lovely! We enjoy their salad bar immensely, especially my personal favorite the delicious smoked salmon. We also love their prosciutto, hearts of palm, baby swiss cheese wedges, asparagus spears and that wonderful basil dressing. Our favorite cuts of meat are the house special (Picanha) the Filet Mignon and their lamb chops are my absolute favorite meat choice of all. The service is equal to other fine steakhouses downtown, if not better! The manager knew exactly where we were sitting, and he came by several times to inquire about our meal and if there were any other cuts we would like to try. Most notable coffee. We ordered Creme Brulee for dessert and coffee, and it was utterly divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tons of Meat, Prosciutto, Fresh MozMinneapolisDined on 8/15/2014Always an amazing "all-you-can-eat" steak house with a Brazilian flair. The non-stop salad bar boast fresh mozzarella and prosciutto, among other delicacies such as sun-dried tomatoes, other cheeses, olives, marinated mushrooms and a never-ending salad topping coma! Been here 3 times, would go back 1-million more!Special Features:
- My daughter's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We were a group of four having reservations at 6:00. The time was perfect and the service was outstanding! The food choices can be over whelming only because everything looks great and you want to try it all! The waiting staff are all very helpful and very accommodating. The valet service is also great. Thank you for a very enjoyable fun evening!Special Features:
- Great food and servicelisakDined on 8/10/2014I took my son to this restaurant for his 23rd birthday and we were not disappointed! Attentive service by a team server approach. Other reviewers raved about the salad bar, but I thought it was just OK. The selection of meat was amazing and our desserts were outstanding (complimentary dessert for the birthday boy).Special Features:
- Great!!davekDined on 8/10/2014Terrific food!! Salad bar fantastic, meats done just right.I'd go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!AuntBeckyDined on 8/9/2014We took our 18-year old niece to celebrate her high school graduation and departure to college. She loved the experience - the food, the service, the selection, etc. What a great send off before ramen noodles in college!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday dinnerpepperDined on 8/8/2014The service was great and the food very good and abundant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as past experiencescarnivore51Dined on 8/8/2014My favorite cut of meat at Fogo is the lamb chop. In the past I have described it as meat cotton candy. It would simply melt in your mouth. Sorry to say that this was not so on our last visit. The lamb chops and steaks were what I could make at home (nothing spectacular). Also the servers seem to have lost their enthusiasm.Special Features:
- Great place for lunchEbguyDined on 8/7/2014Barbeque meat brought to your table is a carnivores delight. Food was delicious, at first we did not know who our server was but that was quickly rectified. Great special occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014We love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return . The salads were amazing. The Service was well-timed and friendlySpecial Features:
- heaven for meat lovers!SammDined on 8/4/2014I have been to several branches of this restaurant all over the US. I love their variety of meat, and the way serve it. Basically you can eat all you can, and it is heaven for meat lovers. Also they usually have a great salad bar, with several different items you can have. Unfortunately in our last visit, the salad bar was not that great. Seems like they have shorted their salad bar list (and we started at 12:00 pm, there is no question about running out of something). The other missing item was barbecued pineapple, which they used to serve after the main meal. Still I like it a lot, but I would hesitate to go there so often if they keep shorting the items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerHappy2beoutDined on 8/1/2014It was a fun spot to go to celebrate our friends wedding anniversary. The salad bar was great, the Apple Salad was my favorite. The bacon wrapped chicken was the highlight of the meats followed closely by the house sirloin. The filet was scarce and over cooked and the pork ribs were dry, that was the only bummer about the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.