Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Minneapolis
645 Hennepin Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/
- Phone: (612) 338-1344
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5;00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Minneapolis
Fogo de Chão® (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo® began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (133)good for groups (106)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (40)hot spot (37)great for lunch (28)romantic (26)kid-friendly (11)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- ShariDined on 11/23/2014I did not enjoy my dining experience this past Sunday. I was sitting in the 4th seat down and could not hear the waiter. Because of using 2 plates, the seats are far apart. I finally had to ask the waiter to come down to me to order a drink, in which he left the drink menu, however never came back to take my order. Some of the meats were good but when we requested the Filet to come back we seemed to get ignored. Maybe, because this is a higher priced meat? They kept pushing the sausage. I kept asking for medium-well cuts but the waiters didn't seem to understand that. The sides were just ok. When we were seated, no one ever mentioned the price. i would not go back, I would rather order a steak cooked to my preference. Thank you.
- Had a great timeSchladsDined on 11/20/2014First timers and we were not disappointed. Got in right away and service was fantastic. Would turn our card to green and 2-3 servers were there with options. Very busy but that is what made it fun. Would go back again. Skip the salad bar and eat slowly. Lots of good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014We were a little disappointed with the service, normally the servers are by all the time with meat, we had 10 -15 minute lulls of not seeing anyone and we didn't get all the choices brought past our table. We never did get potatoes, and only one order of polenta. We had a great time b/c of the group we were with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014This is a great spot for any night of the week. It's location makes it a an awesome spot for any Target Center event pre mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celiac safecathyDined on 11/13/2014As a person who must avoid gluten for medical reasons, eating out can be tricky, especially before seeing a show. Our server was very aware of the needs of a gluten free diner, and very attentive. The Brazilian Cheese Bread was great, and I had almost as many menu options as my non-celiac husband. A great pre-concert or theatre option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go when they're busyWindriderDined on 11/8/2014We were celebrating a double birthday on a busy Saturday night in downtown Minneapolis. Made a reservation five days in advance on this website. We arrived (on time), the lobby was a mad house, with five hostesses unsuccessfully trying to keep order. We were told they were running "ten minutes behind schedule." We ended up waiting 30 minutes for our table and were seated in front of the bathrooms. The place was crazy; obviously they had significantly overbooked. Our server was pleasant, but we rarely saw her and we finally adopted another waiter who was sympathetic and helpful. The food was fantastic, as always, and we did get two free desserts. It's an expensive place, so standards should be higher, both in the lobby and at the table.Special Features:
- Meat, meat, meat!thummel1Dined on 11/8/2014If you love meat, you'll love this place. I do like meat, but if you are not a meat junkie, or a fan of being so stuffed you can hardly walk or just want to nap afterward, then I'd maybe pass. It's just so much food you hardly feel like doing anything afterwards. Make this your ladt stop for the evening and I think you'll be good!Special Features:
- Be treated like RoyaltymskenoDined on 11/7/2014Every time I dine at Fogo not only is the food spectacular, I always feel like a queen. They are at your beck and call. Missed our usual Matried' who treats us extra special and the evening more enjoyable when he stops by our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place for Celebrations!RashenaDined on 11/5/2014My boyfriend and I always go to Fogo for our celebrations. It is perfect for anniversaries, birthdays, and announcements!Special Features:
- crowded/overbooked/ no confirmationchowdownDined on 11/1/2014First I need to say that I love Fogo de Chao. It was obvious that the restaurant overbooked and made for a overlong wait to be seated. All that being said food and service was excellent. Open Table also did not send confirmation to email.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Brazilian DelightKevinFromSBYDined on 10/29/2014A very nice place to eat and everything was just great from the time I walked in. For some reason, the restaurant hadn't received my OpenTable reservation. However, the hostess was quick to find a table for me and promptly seated me. From there, I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful waitstaff. I was never without someone serving me additional meats, clearing my plate, refreshing the side dishes, etc. This was one of the better dining experiences I had in Minneapolis. I would highly recommend a stop at Fogo...but bring an empty stomach! The only drawback was that the price was just a bit higher than I anticipated.Special Features:
- Fabulous as always2HunniesDined on 10/27/2014We come to Fogo for special occasions couple of times per year we're never disappointed with the quality of service food and offerings. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never going backCeciroseVIPDined on 10/25/2014We had a terrible experience. We were in a party of 6 and our reservation through open table was made with a week in advance. We waited 45 min for our table. The hostess was not helpful or accommodating, she basically said it was a Saturday and that wait is what you get on a Saturday! Why take reservation then!!!!! Our waiter was frantic and very rushed. He dropped a diet coke bottle on my husbands coat and did not even say sorry. He rushed to get another and kept running around in a hurry. Food is good but the service is so overwhelmed and impersonal. You feel all they want is for you to eat and get out as soon as possible.I will never go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Loved my experience. Surprisingly disappointed in the sides, but the meat, salad bar and drinks were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Great as Usual!AmandaVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food at this restaurant is amazing! I have never been disappointed by selection and quality. This time we went during restaurant week, but honestly I didn't miss the filet minion, lamb chops, or ribeye (for $30/person). The service here is outstanding. The staff works as a team and there is never an instance when my water is not full or the sides are not being replenished. I was also impressed by the wait staff's knowledge of which items on the menu are gluten free. She was able to tell me which meats to avoid and what items on the salad bar. Because it was restaurant week I didn't get to have a dessert even though it was included because there were no gluten free options, but I honestly don't feel like I got cheated.Special Features:
- As advertiseddhogan8Dined on 10/24/2014Fogo de Chao never disappoints. Make sure you're hungry, becaue the food is abundant and delicious. If you like cooked meat, this is the place for you!Special Features:
- Super serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014The service was spectacular and the food was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Fall 2014theprincessVIPDined on 10/23/2014We really like Fogo! But they have omitted 4 of the 16 meat options because of restaurant week. and way down sized their desserts as well. We noticed this also during restaurant week in the spring of 2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #MNRESTAURANTWEEK.COMgetting2knowuDined on 10/23/2014I was hungry Goin in and so full when I left. That meat was tender cooked to perfection and seasoned with loveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty of food!RayaDined on 10/20/2014Fogo de Chao is a great restaurant! The prices are pretty high but well worth the quality of amount of food. I would definitely recommend not eating much before hand the day you are going there!Special Features:
- seating mattersLoverslaneDined on 10/20/2014We were seated in a more corner spot this time and we kept getting missed and the end of meats every rotation. They did not rotate the way they came out, so I found myself requesting meats way more than usual. I did end up with way too many side item replacements as well. I had like 8 pop over dishes before I told them to stop. There was only 5 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDatenightersVIPDined on 10/17/2014Food was good, never waited for the meat, lots of selection. A bit too loud and too much activity to enjoy conversation. Overall enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoachHDined on 10/17/2014NOISY!! Frenetic. Difficult to talk at a table for 4. Good for people who like a LOT of meat.Special Features:
- Go hungry...jodiVIPDined on 10/16/2014Fogo is expensive, but delicious. The "gauchos" bring skewers of perfectly-cooked meat to you including beef, chicken, pork and lamb, whenever you want them to. Their salad bar is gorgeous and available to order separately if you don't want meat. You get a few sides but the main focus is the meat. It is truly delicious. Kids 12 and under are half price and mine ordered brazillian soda pop ($4 each) and I had a glass of wine. Their wine list is huge and the wine cellar is a glassed in wall between the bar and the restaurant. The service is wonderful! They are very attentive, both with removing things (used plates) and replenishing things (beverages, plates, silverware). Make sure you're hungry when you get there!Special Features:
- SkolDined on 10/12/2014What a fantastic place to wine and dine. First time visitor and went with another couple and could not have been any happier. The service was outstanding. The food was everything a person dreams of right down to the Desert.Special Features:
- Great food but a lot of add onsDanSDined on 10/12/2014Haven't been here in a while but, as in the past, the food was great. Wonderful salad bar, good side dishes and outstanding meats. For someone who enjoys meat, its hard to beat the endless amount of good food. However, I was somewhat disappointed by the add ons, including $14 for a side of shrimp and TINY bottles of soda for $3 with no refills. Pretty crazy at this price point, particularly the sodas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAnnaDined on 10/12/2014If you love a good steak, you will love fogo de chao. It is by no means light on the budget but if you are seeking a special place to celebrate with delicious food and great service fogo de chao is a good choice. Their salad bar is worthy of being a meal on its own, as are the sides. So even a no meat eater can be happy here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaucho's Will Take Good Care of You!HeyImLAVIPDined on 10/11/2014We frequent this restaurant, and are never disappointed. The new menu is okay, but the original salad bar and the hot, seared, perfectly seasoned meats are still the reason to eat here. Very VERY attentive staff, including the general managers who are constantly mingling with and serving their guests, mean you never want for anything. The food is hot, and they are all too eager to accept your special requests for a specific cut of their famous selections. I wouldn't call this a "kid friendly" place, because there is just so much food. But, we've taken the kiddos on more than one occasion - just know that they will probably get bored long before you do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014This was my first visit and it was not the greatest. They did not have 2 bottles of wine we ordered, the steak was mediocre, and the ribs were tough. The only saving grace was Jay, the manager, who came over to assist our waitress since she pressured us into trying to order a more expensive bottle of wine and couldn't bring us what we wanted. He gave us a more expensive bottle for a discounted price, personal attention and a free dessert. He was very generous.Special Features:
- Fun time!SansreazonDined on 10/10/2014This was my second visit. Like before, the servers were attentive, the food was delicious, and the wine list was notable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/8/2014exceptional service!!!!!!!!!! Great Salad bar wonderful selection of entreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $50 per person!!???GoldenputrDined on 10/4/2014My husband has been wanting to try Fogo.The best part of the evening was the fact that they could get us in earlier than our reservation. We usually like to have a drink before dinner in the bar, the bar is tiny and was packed. I am not a big 'buffet' diner which is basically what this is.Go to the 'salad bar' and fill yourself up with those items then they serve meat at the table.We continually received the same three meat options until I husband asked specifically for 3 other items.He did get two of them but we never did see the filet. The meat I had had good flavor but all of the beef was very fatty and not that good.If you are not a big eater like myself the $50 per person charge is a huge waste of money.Good place for the guys to dine.
- Enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014Food was perfect. All of the meats and side dishes were excellent. It was however very busy and had to wait to be seated almost 30 minutes past our reservation. We were going to a concert so this left us with less time to eat. Staff was very friendly and helpful but again were very busy. Would recommend that if you are going before a concert or game that you get earlier reservations than you think you need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is unbelievableMeatlovershangoutDined on 9/30/2014You never lack for service. The wait staff and gauchos work together to make sure your needs are met even when you are not sure what your needs might be (like more to drink in your glass or cheese popovers that are warm on your table). Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeatBoone121Dined on 9/26/2014If your a vegetarian stay at home. This is all meat baby.Special Features:
- Reservations don't matter!luveatingoutDined on 9/20/2014Per usual, the food at Fogo was great. Rarely do we complain about the quality of food. What was very disappointing on this visit is that we had 8pm reservations and weren't seated until 8:45. I don't think we have ever been seated immediately upon arriving for our reservations at Fogo (usually about 15 min) but this most recent trip was the worst we have experienced. I understand it is hard to control how long people stay but perhaps they need to re-evaluate how they take reservations as this seems to be the norm and not the exception at Fogo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Food was delicious. I love the tasting menu on MondaysSpecial Features:
- Meat coma never felt soooo goodEatsmeatDined on 9/6/2014We booked with open table. We arrived on time the lovely staff sat us right away and the gordging began. It was carcus bliss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodLPigDined on 9/5/2014Fogo is a fun experience anytime you go. It's especially fun for first timers. The meats are very tasty and well prepared. The service is extremely good and seems to continually improve. They want you to be happy. This is a fun date night or special occasion restaurant. They did not have Salmon on the salad bar this visit which is disappointing. Fogo needs a better vessel for the mashed potatoes as they get cold very quickly in the stainless dish. I recommend this restaurant for both food and service.Special Features:
- Great foodLuv2eatDined on 9/3/2014This restaurant gives you the best of two worlds. A wonderful, eat all you can, salad bar and savory meat choices. You are not inundated with too much food. You control how much and gives you the choice of resting between adding more meat to your plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.