Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Kansas City
222 W. 47th Street
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/
- Phone: (816) 931-7700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Kansas City
Fogo de Chão® (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo® began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (7)romantic (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- EntertaimentEntertainmentVIPDined on 11/18/2014We went back to Fogo de Chao again and again. The have the best service in town. Salad bar is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing birthday dinnerDannyCDined on 11/15/2014I held a surprise dinner for my boyfriends birthday- I invited all of his friends and Fogo was very accommodating! He was so surprised! The atmosphere of Fogo screams celebration and class- the food is delicious and unforgettable. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!MartyVIPDined on 11/14/2014The food is awesome, the staff is terrific!! Totally outstanding experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family eventtwillyDined on 11/8/2014Selected Fogo de Chao for a family "event" gathering. Super salad bar, and enough meat to satisfy any carnivore around. Some cuts very slightly dry - overall the meat was very good and one quickly learns the best selections, and those are very, very good. Service was friendly, helpful, timely and consistent throughout the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I it started outMikeDined on 11/1/2014When we arrived, the noise level was very high. We'd never eaten there before, and our server tried to explain how their system works. I could only hear about half of what he was saying, so it was frustrating. Having said that, we kind of figured it out as we went along, and once we got the hang of it, the food was very good. The servers were extremely attentive to our needs, so in the end, it worked out very well. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Good timesPerleDinerDined on 10/25/2014Service is great and servers are entertaining. A bit expensive for quality of food but a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth It!BaConBaKonDined on 10/24/2014It was definitely worth every penny! The food was great, the Cooks was Very friendly, the waiting staff made you feel like you were the only customers they had. All requests were tended to! This is somewhere i'd love to go with a bigger group on a very empty stomach lol the food seem to never stop coming!Special Features:
- KC Bright Spothammerhead06Dined on 10/21/2014excellent spot for large groups. Very helpful and accommodating when making reservations. Staff is friendly and helpful. The menu is excellent and the salad bar is the bet I have experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeEntertainmentVIPDined on 10/21/2014Keep up the good work and we'll back. the service is excellent.Special Features:
- Quantity vs. Quality Meat on SticksKCTravelerDined on 10/15/2014If you like a lot of food for a fixed price this is your place. Lots and lots of mediocre meat! All the beef tasted the same even though the cuts were different. If on the other hand you'd like a nice piece of meat with great sides I'd suggest you go to Ruths Chris or Mortons for less money but not all you can eat. Wasn't Prime and maybe just barely Choice. $350 for 4 fairly mundane meals and a few glasses of wine is a bit much. There was a time, maybe 10 years ago, when Fogo was special. Not this location not this time. Good luck and enjoy the meat parade!Special Features:
- PlazaResidentVIPDined on 9/28/2014Visited on Sunday 9/28 to celebrate my son's 18th birthday We have visited frequently as we live only 1 block away. However, service this past Sunday was a bit off with the servers bringing the same few items repeatedly. We also felt hurried/pressured to finish up even though it was only 7:30 PM and we had arrived around 6:15 PM.Special Features:
- An outstanding dinner!HopkinslahDined on 9/26/2014Staff are always right there for everything! We are never disappointed in the quality of our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PlazaLawrenceDined on 9/20/2014Excellent and so much food! Great service and a wonderful place to go back to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent attentive service. Salad bar was well stocked and very clean. Excellent staff and sincere attentive manager!!!Special Features:
- Loud and average serviceArkansasTraveler2014Dined on 9/13/2014Service was below expectations and could barely have a conversation due to the loud atmosphere. I have been to other locations of this restaurant before and liked it, but this experience was not a positive one.
- Birthday dinnerbirthdayboyDined on 8/24/2014Had a great birthday dinner with family. The food was excellent and hard to turn away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AS ALWAYS- FANTASTIC.ABDJDined on 8/21/2014This place never disappoints. Always on target and always great. There was one of our waiters that came by and would do a "borat" spin on his speak. "Try the bacon wrapped filet...it's nice!" fantastic...as I am a Borat fan.Special Features:
- Very good, but not greatAbearDined on 8/11/2014Fogo de Chao is certainly a carnivore's dream, but includes a great salad bar as well. The food is dependably good. On the night we were there, however, they had run out of the wine we wanted to purchase a bottle of, and that was disappointing. It was early in the evening, and early in the month, you would think they would have had enough. At any rate, the dinner was still good. If you want variety, go to Fogo. If you want a really great steak, however, go to a steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, and awesome foodMikeDined on 8/9/2014The service was great, and the food was really good too. The cuts of meat are good quality, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I have been here many times in the past, and this place has remained consistent in customer service and food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brazillian Steak HouseSosterVIPDined on 8/7/2014Fogo de Chao is the only Brazilian steak house to eat at in the Kansas City area. The cuts of meat are tender and seasoned deliciously. Service for meats was good but a bit slower than their norm. The salad bar is amazing! And for those who are gluten free they know exactly what you can and can't have. One item you can eat, the amazing rolls! Yep Gluten free!! Love them! A yummy place to dine for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!justthe2ofusDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I had a fantastic time! We stated with a smooth lime drink, enjoyed the salad bar, the meat was out of this world, juicy and tender, we ended with the papaya dessert. Just had an amazing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 7/28/2014We arrived early but were seated right away. Service was great and after learning the ropes from our waiter we hit the salad bar. Pace yourself as the number of selections is many and one could fill up before the entree. All the beef, sausage and fowl were wonderful and our gauchos cut off our portions cooked the way we liked. It's a great experience for a protein overload. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 215 reviews are from the Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Kansas City reviews archive.
- Amazing! Great For Special OccasionfoodloverDined on 7/24/2014First time I have ever been here and I was not disappointed! I made reservations for 6:30 for my boyfriends birthday and was seated as soon as we told them we had a reservation. The waiters work together to help you, reviewed how the restaurant works and even help the ladies by pushing in your chair as you sit down. You can go up to the salad bar as much as you want, I would recommend just once so you have lots of room for the main course! There were very few people when we first sat down so the food was arriving quickly! So many choices. If you are a meat eater this is a sure place for you to go! If you liked a meat and wanted it again and they we not walking around, just ask a waiter and it will be brought right out to you!Special Features:
- Off nightbrewedbehaviorDined on 7/20/2014Took a group of 7. We waited more than usual for meat on this night. Wasn't packed, not sure why. Still nice overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014I live in St Louis and we made the day trip to KCMO just to experience this restaurant. We got there right as it opened for lunch and the staff immediately made us feel as if it was just the two of us throughout the full 2 hours we stayed. They were attentive without being intrusive; they treated us like we were old friends, light teasing, encouraging us to try new things and willing to make the ordinary special, like adding fruit garnishes to a soft drink glass. My girlfriends were impressed and we can't wait to plan another trip to this wonderful restaurant. We loved the salad bar and the floral arrangement was so tastefully done. Wish one would open in St Louis or St Charles.Special Features:
- A little blandMarcamyDined on 7/12/2014Great for special occasion and if you enjoy meat! Salad bar choices very bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutKCMazDined on 7/11/2014The people at Fogo were great. They were helpful, concerned & very customer focused. It is definitely a place to go for a good time with great food & great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come with a huge appetite, dig in!redlabradormomDined on 7/10/2014This was a birthday celebration for my niece. The energy of the staff was contagious and we had so much fun deciding what to dig into next. The salad bar was huge and full of a great variety of dishes. The meat choices were tasty and plentiful. Great sangria and dessert!Special Features:
- Superb cuisine and servicefoodieVIPDined on 7/4/2014Food was well prepared, meats grilled perfectly. Had nice anniversary, thanks for the great service of the staff!Special Features:
- Amazingcw84Dined on 6/28/2014Had such an Amazing experience - Love going there when we're in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The meat is cooked very well and they have a few choices. I am a pickier eater so the salad bar only has a few things I like but I don't want to fill up on that anyhow. All the desserts are fabulous. (I almost visit more for the dessert than the meal, almost.) Be ready to spend $150-$200 for 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday favoriteKCKellyDined on 6/4/2014Fogo is my son's favorite place to have dinner for his birthday. The service is amazing! I am not a big meat person. This year, they offered a sea bass entree that is very good. The salad bar is huge and has a great selection of very fresh options.Special Features:
- Wonderful First-Time ExperienceGreatVibeDined on 5/31/2014I was referred to this restaurant by my boss for a place to take my lady (now fiancee) to dinner. The environment, food, and service was great. The salad bar was well-kept and quiet a variety of side dishes. The service was friendly, yet we didn't have a fixed waitress so when it was time to leave I didn't know who I should leave my cash-tip too so I assume everyone split the pot once the restaurant closed. The assortment of meats that were brought to our table was full of flavor and just delicious. It was quite a unique experience. You have to flip a coaster from red to green, when it is on the green side the servers will bombard with you food until you flip it back over. Great place for couples, groups and the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowCab32Dined on 5/30/2014Amazing food and staff! A must go for anyone looking for a great meal in Kansas CitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was second to noneDGW20KCMODined on 5/23/2014Katelyn was very friendly, energetic & helpful! We look forward in returning real soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertainment-PDQEntertainmentVIPDined on 5/20/2014Every time I came in and dining @ Fogo de Chao always consistence with the food. Waiters and waitress they all there when you need them. Nice collection of salad bar and the meat....emmm so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Done rightDinearound1Dined on 5/19/2014I took my wife here to celebrate and they went above and beyond our expectations. My wife wants to go back just for the salad bar, she loved it. I enjoyed it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!AshlerzDined on 5/17/2014I took my boyfriend to fogo de chao to celebrate his graduation. He had been before so he knew what to expect. I did not. I was very pleased!! We were sat right by the kitchen so we got the meat as it was coming out. Perfect dining experience. I would recommend it to everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation dinnerBbqfansDined on 5/17/2014Wonderful celebration for my son's college graduation. We were seated immediately. We brought our own cake and they graciously offered to refrigerate it for us. Minor complaint was there were certain cuts of meat we requested and it took quite a while for them to bring it over. Then they never brought those cuts back again... Food was wonderful though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!fordsDined on 5/17/2014My husband & I dined at Fogo to celebrate his birthday. It did not disappoint! The service was great and the food was to die for, especially the filet mignon. I would recommend Fogo for anyone looking to celebrate anything special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.